What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🐘 ​​ 🐴 ​2020 Presidential Debates thread - 2nd Debate October 15 (2 Viewers)

Said he was for law and a little bit of order.  One minute he was promoting the green new deal, the next opposing it. Had zero answers to whether he would pack the court, and zero answers to any law enforcement endorsements. He had no deffence for his son taking bribes other than to say he did not get paid millions by Burisma.  

Thats not counting the stumbling on just about every number he tried to quote. Mixed up Medicare and Medicaid. Was asked about masks and responded with an answer about the economy. Tried to explain how ballots worked and got lost half way through the process. Got lost so often he just looked in the camera and  told people to just vote. 
This is a very accurate summary of his night 

Last edited by a moderator:
Said he was for law and a little bit of order.  One minute he was promoting the green new deal, the next opposing it. Had zero answers to whether he would pack the court, and zero answers to any law enforcement endorsements. He had no deffence for his son taking bribes other than to say he did not get paid millions by Burisma.  

Thats not counting the stumbling on just about every number he tried to quote. Mixed up Medicare and Medicaid. Was asked about masks and responded with an answer about the economy. Tried to explain how ballots worked and got lost half way through the process. Got lost so often he just looked in the camera and  told people to just vote. 
Brutal

Did he openly court a hate group?   

Interesting how people see things differently watching the same thing.  Was there anything Biden could have said or done tonight that would have made him look good in your eyes?

There is some concern about the latino support for Biden although it seems to be a bit overblown since most of the polling has been done with cubans in south florida who always vote republican.  
There has been a severe lack of the candidates speaking in Spanish this go round.  I used to always enjoy that with W, and more recently with Cruz, Beto and Rubio.  W to me was the best at it though - he made it seem kind of cool.  The other 3 are dorks.

There has been a severe lack of the candidates speaking in Spanish this go round.  I used to always enjoy that with W, and more recently with Cruz, Beto and Rubio.  W to me was the best at it though - he made it seem kind of cool.  The other 3 are dorks.
W used to speak in spanish.  I need to look this up.  I love me some W now that he's no longer president.   

Interesting how people see things differently watching the same thing.  Was there anything Biden could have said or done tonight that would have made him look good in your eyes?
For example - Stop fighting a vaccine just because its Trump. Good God Man, all you have to say is we will work together, safely. Not go full blown PSF level But Trump!    If Covid is the existential threat you claim it is stop making it political and dragging it out. Yuuge FAIL. 

For example - Stop fighting a vaccine just because its Trump. Good God Man, all you have to say is we will work together, safely. Not go full blown PSF level But Trump!    If Covid is the existential threat you claim it is stop making it political and dragging it out. Yuuge FAIL. 
What did this have to do with my question- or did I snooze a little during the debate tonight? 

Doesnt matter if you think Trump "handled" the virus poorly or not.  Turning the vaccine political like Biden did tonight, delaying it a millisecond, shows a gross misunderstanding of how the process works. And even worse shows his (Dems) true colors when it comes to Covid and their shouting from the rooftops about the number of deaths. Full stop.  

Doesnt matter if you think Trump "handled" the virus poorly or not.  Turning the vaccine political like Biden did tonight, delaying it a millisecond, shows a gross misunderstanding of how the process works. And even worse shows his (Dems) true colors when it comes to Covid and their shouting from the rooftops about the number of deaths. Full stop.  
"This is their next hoax" is what made it political. Can't turn back from that.

Literally no clue what any of this means.  It’s like the Bizarro Seinfeld episode.  Alternate reality.

Trump just became the official leader of the Proud Boys, giving marching orders.  

"Stand Back. Stand By." is about to be their official moniker.  

My life is like this.  But I am a real estate developer leading larger deals than Trump's.  This how we act when things are heated.  My bosses -and I at times - are worse than Trump.  Often times much worse.

For real.
Jiminy Christmas. Regardless of the pay, I’d be looking into a new job.

Like I said, it must have been early, or I dozed.  I dont remember a vaccine being brought up.  

I’m confused. How does the process work exactly?

The Commish said:
What a ####show this is. :lol:
This was about 10 minutes into the debate.  Judging by comments from outlets from abroad it didn't get any better.  I have to say, I am impressed with the "prep" and "approach" from Trump here.  When you don't have anything of substance to say and exactly ZERO tangible policies on paper to talk about, a great approach is to simply talk over everyone, argue with the moderator and refuse to let your opponent convey his ideas to the country by drowning him out in interruptions and word salad platitudes.  This is about as well as Trump could have done.  BBC is asking the question whether there will be another debate and if so, why?

Based on what I saw last night in the brief time I had this thing on, that was the ceiling.  Makes the Rogan thread that much more laughable.  Can you imagine those two on that show?  :lol:   From here on, if I were Biden, I'd demand townhall style formats.  These things are confirmed pointless now that we see the game plan.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
quick-hands said:
One thing we do know.   Biden is adding 4 new justices to the Supreme Court.
I think it's a little too early to concede defeat.  But I think it was more just keeping that option open. 

quick-hands said:
One thing we do know.   Biden is adding 4 new justices to the Supreme Court.
Yep, but I don’t think changing the rules when things don’t go their way is something that will turn off Biden voters....more like something that would be expected don’t you agree?

Within the first 20mins or so?  
It was during the COVID part of the debate.    Trump started by saying he doesn’t agree with his own experts on the timing of the vaccine as he talked to the companies himself.  So yeah, Biden was the one politicizing vaccines and people on the right are disgusted by it.  Truly horrible that somebody would agree with experts and let the vaccine have time to be vetted.

Well, from a practical standpoint - I think Trump pretty clearly lost the debate.

Trump supporters will no doubt have been thrilled with his performance, and in their minds, Trump was the easy winner.

But, debates exist to sway other voters toward your side.  And, in that regard, its hard it imagine any undecided voter thinking "Yes, I want more of that, please!"

I don't know that Biden did much to sway voters either - he was certainly more professional and civil.  But, Biden is operating from a position of strength, he needs to not lose support.  And, nothing that happened last night will cause Biden to lose support.

America was the clear loser last night, along with civility and decorum.  We can't even have a grown up conversation on issues and policies.  I am hopeful that tone changes in a little over a month.

Well, from a practical standpoint - I think Trump pretty clearly lost the debate.

Trump supporters will no doubt have been thrilled with his performance, and in their minds, Trump was the easy winner.

But, debates exist to sway other voters toward your side.  And, in that regard, its hard it imagine any undecided voter thinking "Yes, I want more of that, please!"

I don't know that Biden did much to sway voters either - he was certainly more professional and civil.  But, Biden is operating from a position of strength, he needs to not lose support.  And, nothing that happened last night will cause Biden to lose support.

America was the clear loser last night, along with civility and decorum.  We can't even have a grown up conversation on issues and policies.  I am hopeful that tone changes in a little over a month.
Anyone with a brain can clearly see what went on.  Trump had one tactic and one only.  Just to throw gas on the fire.  Biden should say eff off I am not doing the other 2.  Waste of time.  He would gain immense respect from any functioning adults. 

Users who are viewing this thread