What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you having close friends/family in your house without masks to hang out for extended periods ? (2 Viewers)

Are you having close friends in your house/apartment to hang out without masks for meals/extended pe

• Yes

Votes: 80 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 57.7%

• Total voters
Yes to both but with exception of my FIL it has been rare.

We've had multiple family members over on 3 occasions since August when we moved, my father-in-law has been down like idk 7-8 times? Nothing before August.

Friends have been over maybe 4 times total since March, 3 of which were post-move. P sure we're having housewarming + my wife's birthday in a couple weeks with friends.

Edit: I should say though, we all commit to closely monitoring for symptoms 7 days before & after in the case of planned visits. Admittedly didn't have the same standard with FIL helping with handiwork around the new place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes / Yes

Most of my family is out of state so it has really just been friends. We had my son's buddy from out of town come visit for a weekend. I've gotten together with friends for beers or bottle shares (individual glasses duh). It should be pointed out that my answers would change if I had someone close at risk and/or elderly. Not a huge fan of masks but more than willing to comply.

My wife is teaching 4th/5th grade in person so if anybody is gonna give me a lethal dose it's her.

In regards to the OP, I must chime in and say that in Florida the weather has finally started to be nice. The 10-12 weeks of swamp heat is dissipating. Time to get out and live - within reason.

Yes/No

Come to think of it, we don’t really have friends over anyways. Have hung out at my SIL’s a few times. We’ve gone to a few outdoor grad parties and they were wide open. Went to two weddings and once the church portion was over, it was wide open as well. 
I guess the biggest difference for me is, I generally stand 5-10 feet away now when talking as opposed to skipping events. 

yas/yes

Long Island NY. Our numbers locally are thankfully very low now.

We have a handful (4-5) of friend families we see semi-regularly—every 2-3 weeks. Had 2 of them over for an indoor BBQ (weather getting colder) this weekend.

Family we see prob even less but my daughter and her cousin will hang out often. 

Both my kids and wife are back at school. Masked of course, but still more "regularly out" than when we started this thing. 

I had a business meeting indoors with 2 older clients and I wore a mask but neither of them did. 

no

no

kind of shocked at the poll results here.  this being America, though, maybe i shouldn't be?

aside from my mother in law's house, where i am 2 days a week for about 30 seconds.. i haven't stepped across the threshhold of another home since about February. the only people in my home since then were guys bringing in furniture one afternoon in August.

my state is seeing out of control numbers. schools locally opened after Labor Day. those that didn't go full remote learning right out of the gate are moving to remote learning now.. at least for a 2 week basis while they quarantine & clean because one or more students/staff has been diagnosed with covid.

i said no to both.  but then realized, my high school aged kid, has friends over quite a bit.  they hate adults though, so there's a natural distancing.  my family lives pretty far away, so doesn't really apply.

No / No - we've not had family over and we've not had friends over.

So, this hits home for me pretty hard and I've taken this very seriously ever since it really took off.  I did not think it would blow up like this but, then again, I'm not certain that any of us really, really saw this blowing up quite like it has.  Anyway, I made this thread last year about my brother getting the flu and his long recovery journey from it so, again, I've been taking this very seriously.  Additionally, my wife and I are the youngest on each side of our families (so she's the youngest of 4 kids) and I'm the youngest of 5 kids and we're both in our 50's.  She has an older brother in his mid 60's and I have sisters in their mid 60's.  Additionally, my Mom is 85, her Mom is 85 and her Dad is 83 so we are staying away from everyone right now.  Right around flu season, we've always gotten our flu shots and stayed away for a few weeks until after we've all three gotten our shots.

My point is, I've seen what can happen with just a regular flu when it goes sideways.  Honestly, it's much, much worse than you can possibly imagine and so I've always known if the normal flu virus goes sideways you're screwed (I've seen it first hand) I sure as hell am not going to tempt fate with Covid.

mr. furley said:
no

no

kind of shocked at the poll results here.  this being America, though, maybe i shouldn't be?

aside from my mother in law's house, where i am 2 days a week for about 30 seconds.. i haven't stepped across the threshhold of another home since about February. the only people in my home since then were guys bringing in furniture one afternoon in August.

my state is seeing out of control numbers. schools locally opened after Labor Day. those that didn't go full remote learning right out of the gate are moving to remote learning now.. at least for a 2 week basis while they quarantine & clean because one or more students/staff has been diagnosed with covid.
I'm skeptical of the data, but our new daily case rate has been less than .005% in September and if I scrolled and counted properly as of Saturday we've had about 50 hospitalizations in the whole month (county population - 1.235 mil). Been in youth sports since May and knock on wood but in-person schooling has been fine so far. I think it's important to keep our guard up, but we've been operating as normally as we can. I'm concerned about the weather turning through fall into winter, but I'll worry about crossing that bridge as that time comes.

I said "yes" to the second question but only because my son's BFF comes over quite a bit.  We live 5 houses apart and I know both of his parents are working from home, their kids are doing school remote, and they're isolating to the same standards we are (instacart for shopping, doordash or drive through if they want to order out, only public activities are outdoor activities like hiking or biking, etc...).

We also have a weekly "social distancing" get together in some other friends back yard.  They have a giant back yard with a 240" projector screen where we've been doing things like movie night or UFC fights or something similar.  We all stay a minimum of 8ft apart and bring our own food/drinks.  It's been a godsend, to be honest.  It feels like real human contact even though it's technically not.

I golf every other weekend right now but it's been mandated that everyone get their own carts so the only time I actually come in contact with anyone is at the snack bar when picking up my food (orders and payment are all over the phone).

I'm skeptical of the data, but our new daily case rate has been less than .005% in September and if I scrolled and counted properly as of Saturday we've had about 50 hospitalizations in the whole month (county population - 1.235 mil). Been in youth sports since May and knock on wood but in-person schooling has been fine so far. I think it's important to keep our guard up, but we've been operating as normally as we can. I'm concerned about the weather turning through fall into winter, but I'll worry about crossing that bridge as that time comes.
not sure what our daily case rate is, but https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/local.htm  news stories are reporting new record case numbers almost every day\

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/cases.htm

No and no. 

I have no control over anybody else's interactions, so will continue to play it very safe in my home (or indoors anywhere) and always wear masks with anybody who isn't part of our immediate live-in family.

Outside, if we're maintaining distancing- sure, no masks.

No and no.  We've been getting together, but only outside stuff (bonfires and the like).  Easy enough to do in the summer.  Will get much more isolating come colder weather.

We have no family any more, so it's an auto "no" to the first part.  We have a bubble with a very few friends.  We know that they are being careful in the same way we are.

I get to go to Walgreens today.  The excitement!

Users who are viewing this thread