What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official*** Thursday Night Football Thread - Jags vs. Dolphins - Gaskin/Robinson All Types Of Flavor (1 Viewer)

I am heavily invested in Gesicki. I have Parker on my roster in one FPC league. I am interested in this terrible football game as well. The benefit of fantasy football to the NFL 
Fantasy football is such a boon to them it's not even funny. Do you think I'd sit through a whole Thursday night Dolphins/Jags game without an interest at stake? I'd smile and think that the quarterbacks are a nice story as I continued typing online with the television on in the background, me not watching the game.

Well, I'll be doing that anyway. But you get the gist. 

I enjoy watching Minshew and hope that he can sustain his success. And I long to see Tua sooner than later so I desire Minshew and Chark to dominate and help Miami make the decision to switch.

I enjoy watching Minshew and hope that he can sustain his success. And I long to see Tua sooner than later so I desire Minshew and Chark to dominate and help Miami make the decision to switch.
I need Tua to take over starting Week 15 so as to not disturb my FBG Contest Rooster.

-QG

This game could decide who gets Trevor in 2021, although neither QB got the memo. The Bengals, Lions, Jets and Panthers are also in the mix for the #1 pick.

Well the Bengals are certainly not in the Trevor market.  But, really, does anyone think that the Jets won't win this running away?

I'm actually looking forward to watching Minshew, and Fitzmagic is always entertaining.

I have Robinson in a league.  So looking forward to watching him as well.

I don't have Gaskin, but interested in seeing him.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game could decide who gets Trevor in 2021, although neither QB got the memo. The Bengals, Lions, Jets and Panthers are also in the mix for the #1 pick.
I think Minshew keeps the Jags competitive.....the jets and dolphins are prolly the two most in the running.......bungles have their QB but they need a lot of help for him.

Though the Bengals would either trade or draft an OT (and for that matter I couldn't imagine the Dolphins ditching Tua that fast).  I think the Jags have enough fight in them to win a few as well - though if they do turn around and do the Seifert and go 1-15 that would presumably be enough for Minshew mania to end.

-QG

I have Chark in 2 leagues...this cat is gonna kill me. Picked up Minshew and still deciding him over Brady...the clock is ticking.

Fantasy is the ONLY thing bringing folks to watch the game, but I'm looking forward to it.

How did you forget about Tua so fast?  Neither of these teams need a qb.
Tua has not taken a snap against a real defense in the NFL. He hasn't even taken a hit on his surgically repaired hip in practice.  The reports from practice were mixed. I think he's good, but I'd like to see it in a real game before passing on Trevor.  I think he plays enough later in the year, for some judgment on his pocket presence and performance under pressure. 

Forced to start Gaskin so I'll be watching only for that reason. Really thought I was on to something when I went WR heavy early and ended up with Gurley and DJ. Now, not so much. 

Fantasy is the ONLY thing bringing folks to watch the game,
How dare you, sir!  There are literally 10s of fans in Florida between these two, uh, storied, uh, franchises. 1974 was just 46 short years ago for the fish, and the Jags very nearly almost came really close to becoming a Super Bowl contender in 2017 before it all went up like a dumpster fire. 

You take that back right now!   :rant:

I have to decide whether to start Fitz or Brady at QB and Gesicki or Waller at TE.

It should be a fairly high scoring game, so Fitz and Gesicki should provide points...and Waller could be the shutdown target for Belichek.

But would would have thought I'd consider starting Fitz over Brady!

The Jags QB. Has. a. mustache! 

a mustache! 

They’ve created an entire marketing campaign surrounding that glorious upper lip squirrel. 

if you can’t get excited about that, well; there’s just no pleasing some people I guess. :shrug:  

I have to decide whether to start Fitz or Brady at QB and Gesicki or Waller at TE.

It should be a fairly high scoring game, so Fitz and Gesicki should provide points...and Waller could be the shutdown target for Belichek.

If you can’t start Fitzmagic against the Jags, why even roster him? I’m just sayin. 

I'm starting Gesiki over Engram at TE as I was on the fence on this one but kinda like having a player to watch on Thursday night...lol

The Jags QB. Has. a. mustache! 

a mustache! 

They’ve created an entire marketing campaign surrounding that glorious upper lip squirrel. 

if you can’t get excited about that, well; there’s just no pleasing some people I guess. :shrug:  
I am officially petitioning Joe Bryant to add a :minshew emoji as the existing FBG is devoid of mustaches.

-QG

Well Chark is out. Start your Shenaults!

Also just added Robinson in my league where I lost Barkley (rip) and I'm starting him as well tonight.  Need a big jags day.

davidwb said:

"or Waller"?  so such thing as that - that dude needs to start in 4-team leagues at this point.

-QG

Well Chark is out. Start your Shenaults!

Also just added Robinson in my league where I lost Barkley (rip) and I'm starting him as well tonight.  Need a big jags day.
Considering Miami is #32 against the pass and #31 against the run - I wouldn't bet against you.

What do we realistically expect to see from Shenault tonight?

I expect Cole to have a high floor game tonight.  7 for 80 or something similar.

Big game upcoming for Robinson.

"or Waller"?  so such thing as that - that dude needs to start in 4-team leagues at this point.

-QG
Normally yes, but:

1) he didn't practice yesterday and was not at the start of practice today (just resting after Monday night, or something worse?);

2) Belichick is pretty good at taking out the other team's best offensive player -- is that Waller or Jacobs?

Obviously need to decide all this today...can't wait for Friday practice to see how he is.

I expect Cole to have a high floor game tonight.  7 for 80 or something similar
I’ve had to use him as an emergency flex for the first two weeks and will do so again tonight. I’ve certainly enjoyed his production to date, so hopefully the door is open for him to continue that tonight.

Would you guys start Cole or Jonnu .5 ppr? Seems like a reasonably safe place to ask this, forgive me if not.
Probably Jonnu.  Seems like a legit target, especially with injuries to the other receivers, where Cole feels a little like fools gold.

Considering Miami is #32 against the pass and #31 against the run - I wouldn't bet against you.

What do we realistically expect to see from Shenault tonight?

I expect Cole to have a high floor game tonight.  7 for 80 or something similar.

Big game upcoming for Robinson.
I see 7 targets and 5-10 rushes.  I'm hoping for more.  Always possible there's less.

My flex, my unicorn!

Also here's to hoping James Robinson can keep it up with my team being depleted every day due to injury.

Users who are viewing this thread