What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3: Las Vegas Raiders at New England Patriots ***Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Raiders nicely stuff a Cam run on an RPO. Abram chases Cam down and contains him on a bootleg run to the left. On 3rd and 5, Morrow makes a great tackle on a short sideline pass to Burkead to prevent first down. 

Punt

ETA, Raiders commit neutral zone infraction, 1st down Pats. Damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweep to Edelman brought down behind LOS.

Delay screen pass to Burkhead slightly bobbled as Hurst gets pressure, 2 yard gain.

3rd and 8, Raiders sack Cam.

Raiders O looking efficient so far on this drive. Creating space by drawing coverage on Waller which made space for Renfrow on a nice crossing route underneath a bunch formation.

Jacobs churning our the YPC.

After Pats gain a first down, Raiders step up on 3rd and 8 in the next set, with great coverage downfield and great pressure on Cam, and Abram gets the pick to get back to the 14.

Jacobs leaks out to the left off a handoff and tiptoes for a yard.

Richard with a nice wheel for 8. 

Raiders get the 1st on a pass to carrier but ineligible man downfield puts Raiders at 3rd and 7.

Incomplete to Renfrow

FG, Raiders 3-0.

Raider O-line looking solid so far giving Carr a lot of time.

With Pats with 1st and 10 on the 15, Abrams with a key bat down, Key gets a solid bat down rushing Cam making it 3rd and 10, Cam tries to force it into the end zone for an incompletion.

FG Pats, 3-3.

Apologies if I am dominating convo here. Can dial it back. 

Waller seems invisible today. Maybe dinged and being a decoy? Maybe schemed for and covered well? Maybe others getting open? Hard to tell but hope he gets it going too.

Apologies if I am dominating convo here. Can dial it back. 

Waller seems invisible today. Maybe dinged and being a decoy? Maybe schemed for and covered well? Maybe others getting open? Hard to tell but hope he gets it going too.
i like the updates Stompy.  thanks for sharing for us guys with no TV.  cheers.  (Waller is my guy here and i was wondering wazzup? --you answered already.  whoknows?)

i like the updates Stompy.  thanks for sharing for us guys with no TV.  cheers.  (Waller is my guy here and i was wondering wazzup? --you answered already.  whoknows?)
Thanks, let me know otherwise, won't be offended.

Pats pressuring with the run, Burkhead with a great run up the middle on a trap that creates a great Hole. Taylor with another perimeter/outside run to make it 2nd and goal.

Cam rolls out but covered well by Arnette to prevent the pass in the end zone to the TE.

Nassib with a solid rush to get a hand on the pass to deflect it out of Cam's hand.

FG, 6-3 Pats.

Barnburner up there 6-3 as we move thru the 2nd Quarter, this is looking more like an Ivy League game with Harvard and Yale taking the field. 

Game is far from over and we look like we're softening against the run, but overall impressed by the Raiders playing on the road -- really solid defensive play.

Need to cut down the costly penalties and turnovers, which have been the biggest difference limiting us so far.

He brings an explosive dimension they really need...I have him on my Dynasty roster and would not let myself cut him this week after not being used...could be Dion Lewis part 2.
Agree, he really provides that offense a big spark. Really hard to contain him and he looks especially good getting around the corner ahead of the pursuit.

This game script is more what I was more of what I was expecting from NE this year. Offense struggling to get things together and trying to cobble together some drives. Defense not looking great but doing decent enough to force some turnovers and so far not allowing TDs. Will have to see if McDaniels can dial something up more effective in the second half. 

Jacobs looking solid with a big run for a first.

Next set on 3rd and 7, Carr with all the time in the world incurs a coverage sack. Great coverage by NE D. Sack, punt.

This game script is more what I was more of what I was expecting from NE this year. Offense struggling to get things together and trying to cobble together some drives. Defense not looking great but doing decent enough to force some turnovers and so far not allowing TDs. Will have to see if McDaniels can dial something up more effective in the second half. 
This drive may tell the tale as NE O looks more and more efficient with each series.

NE could get control of the game points and momentum-wise with a strong drive and score.

Raiders going the other way on O, as while the line seems to be holding from now, struggling more to get open on key downs and lacking receiver execution. 

I have been impressed so far this year with Joejuan Williams playing the role of Patrick Chung and covering tight ends. 

Pats with a fair catch starting on their own 14.

Michel with a nice run up the middle for 8

Abram almost stops Michel in the backfield but he squeaks by and gets the first with soft middle coverage.

Screen to Michel who does a good job fighting Hankins who had him just past. LOS to get forward 9 yards; NE converts for a first down.

Raiders penetrate to stop a middle run for a loss of 1.

Byrd with a nice sideline catch after a fake screen with a Raider missing a tackle so Byrd gets extra yards. Arnette ailing on the sideline, looked like he landed on this broken wrist.

Pats using all three RBs pretty liberally (and they all look solid)...both White and Harris could be available next week as well...has a chance to be the biggest RBBC in NFL history.

Arnette to locker room. :(

1st and 10 on LV 31, Raiders stuff Michel on a middle run for no gain.

2nd down, quick bubble screen to Byrd brought down by Ferrell for 3rd and 4.

Sweep toss to Burkhead for a first.

1st and 10 on LV 18, Cam from shotgun hits N'Keal Harry for his first catch on the sideline.

2nd and 3, Cam overthrows Burkhead who was covered well by Morrow in the corner of the EZ.

3rd and 3, Burkhead with some sweet jukes off a short screen pass for the TD.

Helluva drive by the Pats...run game looking good and setting it up for some Cam runs in the second half...real important for the Raiders to get the next score.

Let's see what the Raiders can do with 34 seconds left in the half. The way they are playing, not expecting much.

Raiders going to need some 2nd half magic and pull it together and come out strong if they want to stay in this game.

Edwards with a strong sideline comeback route for the first at their 39.

Agholor draws the DPI flag deep down the right sidelines for the first at the Pats' 33.

Users who are viewing this thread