What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3: Las Vegas Raiders at New England Patriots ***Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Great drive by the Raiders...gotta believe BB is gonna have a few words with the D about that debacle...totally changes the complexion of the game.

Great stat with Carr tying Lamonica for second in all time TDs (148) in franchise history.

Arnette back on field.

Halftime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw that highlight for the TD. Another dang good play design. Gruden been killing those short/goal line plays recently. 

Adjustments both teams should make for 2nd half:

Raiders need to shore up run D as Pats have been really effective so far on the ground in moving chains. Also need to play cleaner, maintain the first tackle made and stop plays, and avoid penalties.

Pats need to get better pressure on Carr and continue to generate coverage sacks. Looking to continue the run success, Cam can look to use the run to set up downfield passes better as well 

Openining drive of the half, Jacobs for 2.

Tight bunch right, another handoff up the gut to Jacobs for 4.

3rd and 4, a bobbled shovel pass to Richard, defensive holding on Pats for 1st down, totally tugging on Waller's jersey downfield.

It is still so weird to see this Patriots offense. It's so foreign to what we've been watching for the last 19 years. Not better or worse, just different. 

Jacobs with a catch out of the flat on the left side for 4.

Carr with all kinds of time to hit Edwards on a crossing route, Edwards piocks up 11 YAC for 34 overall, but comes up hobbled on an awkward takedown. Looks like a knee.

TO NE.

Adjustments both teams should make for 2nd half:

Raiders need to shore up run D as Pats have been really effective so far on the ground in moving chains. Also need to play cleaner, maintain the first tackle made and stop plays, and avoid penalties.

Pats need to get better pressure on Carr and continue to generate coverage sacks. Looking to continue the run success, Cam can look to use the run to set up downfield passes better as well 
Pats pass rush will probably hurt them this year.

It is still so weird to see this Patriots offense. It's so foreign to what we've been watching for the last 19 years. Not better or worse, just different. 
I think Belichick did a great job incorporateing what makes Cam work running the ball and standing tall in pocket with what made the Pats run with Brady -- isolating throws to guys liek Edelman and using the talents of all their backs.

Edwards leg definitely looked akward on that tackle...not a huge limp off but appeared something going on.

I think Belichick did a great job incorporateing what makes Cam work running the ball and standing tall in pocket with what made the Pats run with Brady -- isolating throws to guys liek Edelman and using the talents of all their backs.
Everyone always forgets that McDaniels tried to do this with Tebow before it became more mainstream...Tebow just wasn't the right QB to do it with.

Pats pass rush will probably hurt them this year.
We’ll see. BB has said all the time pass rush is overrated and he cares more about keeping guys in the pocket and getting some occasional disruption. They can bring pressure if they have to, but they don’t usually have guys with big sack totals. 

1st and 10, pounding Jacobs inside for 4.

2nd and 6 on the 23, great time for Carr, pass deflects off the hands of a defender on Waller and just off the hands off the safety narrowly avoiding an INT.

NE with good pass rush and gets Carr in a grasp, Carr just dumps off to Richard for a loss.

Carlson's FG sails left, still 13-10 NE.

Big loss of opportunity there. 

We’ll see. BB has said all the time pass rush is overrated and he cares more about keeping guys in the pocket and getting some occasional disruption. They can bring pressure if they have to, but they don’t usually have guys with big sack totals. 
It is not about sacks...it is about pressure...always has been with the Pats...I am concerned they don't have the horses in that area...I hope I am wrong.

I agree. It's starting to elevate Belichick even more for me (I am not a Patriots fan) as probably the best head coach ever. 

I do think they lack a lot of talent and their dynasty run is over, but that bastid can coach. 

1st and 10 for Pats, good downfield coverage, Cam completes on the sideline for 6.

Michel with some dynamite jukes off a great FB block and a huge run for 38.

Users who are viewing this thread