What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 4 games (1 Viewer)

Good week for WR waiver targets, not so much for RB targets.

Imagine last week most leagues saw Gaskin and McKinnon get snapped up but if not, there you go.

Jeff Wilson for short term until Mostert comes back in a game or two.

Burkhead will draw a lot of attention, and should, as he is solid, but all backs had a banner day against the Raiders, and likely impossible to chase those points with so many backs (including Damien Harris who is returning soon) to feed.

Me and my 14 team league and a team that's shot given injury and non-performance, my only option is to look for lotto tickets:

J.D. McKissic got a little work in both the run and pass game, and if Gibson falters or gets injured is likely to outperform Barber.

La'Michal Perine is on a dumpster fire team but at some point would think they give him meaningful carries to see if he can be the main guy in the future.

Chase Edmonds, Devontae Booker/Jalen Richard, Darrel Williams/Darwin Thompson, and Tony Pollard as guys who would benefit if the main back went down.

In dynasty, those rookie wr are all stashed so looks pretty barren this week.  
I don't know I'm gonna sniff around this Titan WR, name escapes me. This kid could produce while AJ is out and assuming CD is gone next year be a starter on what looks like a not terrible passing offense.

would be curious the snap counts with doyle back, but mo allie cox has now had two good games in a row. we all know phil rivers likes throwing to TE's.

hyde probably number 1 on the list if carson to miss time though even if given 50% of the snaps to share with homer i think hyde could just as easily put up 4 pts as he could 24 pts.

jared goff if you want to believe he's back to his 2018 form, might be an upgrade to your QB group if you platoon your qb's

cole beasly quietly on pace for 1000 yd season in that josh allen offense, owned in only 10% of espn leagues right now

If Carson’s injury is long-term (doesn’t sound it though), Penny and/or Deejay Dallas may be good stash aways if you have the space. Just don’t think Hyde can hold that job long term.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tee Higgins

Brandon Aiyuk

Alshon Jeffery

Andy Isabella

Nyheim Hines if dropped/still available

would be curious the snap counts with doyle back, but mo allie cox has now had two good games in a row. we all know phil rivers likes throwing to TE's.

hyde probably number 1 on the list if carson to miss time though even if given 50% of the snaps to share with homer i think hyde could just as easily put up 4 pts as he could 24 pts.

jared goff if you want to believe he's back to his 2018 form, might be an upgrade to your QB group if you platoon your qb's

cole beasly quietly on pace for 1000 yd season in that josh allen offense, owned in only 10% of espn leagues right now
Doyle - 32/53%

Alie-Cox 36/60%

I don't like doing these until the week's slate is done since I haven't done all the research yet (aDoT, Air Yards, etc.), but here are some clear options. For reference, I usually play non-PPR 14 team redraft leagues with 2 Flex spots and this year I'm in a 12 teamer so my picks are more tailored for that range:

Justin Jefferson, Vikings WR - played 51/65 of the snaps (78%) compared to Olabisi Johnson (5/65, 8%) and boomed. That's a clear changing of the guard to me; I'd love to see how much of those snaps were played in the slot since the Vikings are a 12-personnel type of team. Considering Chad Beebee also had more snaps than Johnson to me he's the clear #2 WR on an O without a real clear-cut #1 WR. Jefferson is a 6'1 dude who wins with 4.4 speed, good route running and can YAC it with the best of them. 

Tee Higgins, Bengals WR - First Auden Tate was inactive for him, now John Ross was healthy scratched to get him targets and he produced on 9 of them. He played the most snaps of any WR (57/72, 79%), one more than A.J. Green, whose role he should start to eat into if A.J. doesn't start resembling his previous self. Joe Burrow has 141 pass attempts this year with the Bengals constantly playing from behind. If the Bengals are openly giving Higgins (A.J. Green clone; 6'4 and 216 but wins more with size/physical traits) a chance to shine I'll take it.

Brandon Aiyuk, 49ers WR - Aiyuk FINALLY had the Deebo Samuel role I envisioned last week (unfortunately dropped him after last week :doh: ). He played the second most snaps of the 49ersa WRs (56/77, 73%) and basically was used exactly how Deebo was, winning on slants/crosses/misdirection wide runs. Keep in mind Deebo and Kittle should come back in a week or so, but he should be on rosters in 12-14 teamers.

Jimmy Graham, Bears TE - Hello darkness, my old friend... I've come to talk with you again... Because a vision softly creeping... Left its seeds while I was sleeping... And the vision that was planted in my brain... Still remains... Within the sound of silence... *sigh*. The Bears have around 13 tight ends but the corpse of Jimmy Graham can't be ignored if he's going to get around 7-9 targets a week (he got 10 this week) and a clear QB upgrade in Nick Foles (who is known for throwing to TEs as an Iggle). Graham ran 42 pass routes in the game vs. Atlanta (NextGen Stats has him all over the field + 2 RZ incomplete targets also) and he has a legit path to being the #3 passing option for this team assuming Foles is the starter. You could do worse at TE than add him.

Greg Ward Jr., Iggles WR - Jalen Reagor is out a month, Alshon Jeffrey isn't close to being a productive WR yet, DeSean Jackson hurt a hammy last game, Dallas Goedert is going to "miss some time" due to a ankle sprain and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside... is J.J. Arcega-Whiteside. Somebody has to catch balls at WR for this team and unless you want to play around with John Hightower (Deeper Dive stash candidate?), former AAF standout is the guy to play. Note you can probably get him for free after waivers since he's dealing with horrible QB play and the uncertainly of the O. 9/27 EDIT: Nah that ship has passed, you'll need to spend some FAAB on him.

Deeper Dive: Nab them before the Rise

K.J. Hamler, Broncos WR - People might be more focused on Jerry Jeudy and turned off on Hamler due to his size (5'9) but he was used exactly how I hoped he'd be used; manufactured touches and a presence in the slot. He also played the most snaps of any Denver WR (59/63, 94%). What I didn't think of was the abysmal play of Jeff Driskel killing any chance of productivity/garbage time stats (also known as "Bortles Time"). QB Brett Rypien (possibly related to @Deamon?) looked much better than Driskel did in his limited play and might have a better shot at productivity if he gets a start this week. Hamler probably isn't a play yet unless you're in a deeper league, but his arrow is trending up.

That's all I have for now until I do some research.

I don't like doing these until the week's slate is done since I haven't done all the research yet (aDoT, Air Yards, etc.), but here are some clear options. For reference, I usually play non-PPR 14 team redraft leagues with 2 Flex spots and this year I'm in a 12 teamer so my picks are more tailored for that range:

Justin Jefferson, Vikings WR - played 51/65 of the snaps (78%) compared to Olabisi Johnson (5/65, 8%) and boomed. That's a clear changing of the guard to me; I'd love to see how much of those snaps were played in the slot since the Vikings are a 12-personnel type of team. Considering Chad Beebee also had more snaps than Johnson to be he's the clear #2 WR on an O without a real clear-cut #1 WR. Jefferson is a 6'1 dude who wins with 4.4 speed, good route running and can YAC it with the best of them. 

Tee Higgins, Bengals WR - First Auden Tate was inactive for him, now John Ross was healthy scratched to get him targets and he produced on 9 targets. He played the most snaps of any WR (57/72, 79%), one more than A.J. Green, whose role he should start to eat into if A.J. doesn't start resembling his previous self. Joe Burrow has 141 pass attempts this year with the Bengals constantly playing from behind. If the Bengals are openly giving Higgins (A.J. Green clone; 6'4 and 216 but wins more with size/physical traits) a chance to shine I'll take it.

Brandon Aiyuk, 49ers WR - Aiyuk FINALLY had the Deebo Samuel role I envisioned last week (unfortunately dropped him after last week :doh: ). He played the second most snaps of the 49ersa WRs (56/77, 73%) and basically was used exactly how Deebo was, winning on slants/crosses/misdirection wide runs. Keep in mind Deebo and Kittle should come back in a week or so, but he should be on rosters in 12-14 teamers.

Jimmy Graham, Bears TE - Hello darkness, my old friend... I've come to talk with you again... Because a vision softly creeping... Left its seeds while I was sleeping... And the vision that was planted in my brain... Still remains... Within the sound of silence... *sigh*. The Bears have around 13 tight ends but the corpse of Jimmy Graham can't be ignored if he's going to get around 7-9 targets a week (he got 10 this week) and a clear QB upgrade in Nick Foles (who is known for throwing to TEs as an Iggle). He has a legit path to being the #3 passing option for this team assuming Foles is the starter.

Greg Ward Jr., Iggles WR - Jalen Reagor is out a month, Alshon Jeffrey isn't close to being a productive WR yet, DeSean Jackson hurt a hammy last game and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside... is J.J. Arcega-Whiteside. Somebody has to catch balls at WR for this team and unless you want to play around with John Hightower (Deeper Dive stash candidate?), former AAF standout is the guy to play. Note you can probably get him for free after waivers since he's dealing with horrible QB play and the uncertainly of the O.

Deeper Dive: Nab them before the Rise

K.J. Hamler, Broncons WR - People are goign to be off on Hamler but he was used exactly how I hoped he'd be used; manufactured touches and a presence in the slot. He also played the most snaps of any Denver WR (59/63, 94%). What I didn't think of was the abysmal play of Jeff Driskel killing any chance of productivity/garbage time stats (also known as "Bortles Time"). QB Brett Rypien (possibly related to @Deamon?) looked much better than Driskel did in his limited play and might have a better shot at productivity if he gets a start this week. Hamler probably isn't a play yet unless you're in deeper leagues, but his arrow is trending up.

That's all I have for now until I do some research.
I don't think any are available in a deep 12 team league. 

I don't think any are available in a deep 12 team league. 
... my head hurts...

In my 12-teamer with 5 bench spots and one dedicated IR spot, they are all available (except Hamler who I own) although they all actually had been owned at certain points this season. It should be understood that your mileage may vary with these posts in this thread, at least I thought it would be. I'm sorry I didn't whip up a specialized list just for your league considering I'm actually supposed to be working remote right now. Next time you give me your league particulars and viewing access and I'll whip up a list just for you for free. That OK?

... my head hurts...

In my 12-teamer with 5 bench spots and one dedicated IR spot, they are all available (except Hamler who I own) although they all actually had been owned at certain points this season. It should be understood that your mileage may vary with these posts in this thread, at least I thought it would be. I'm sorry I didn't whip up a specialized list just for your league considering I'm actually supposed to be working remote right now. Next time you give me your league particulars and viewing access and I'll whip up a list just for you for free. That OK?
I didn't read closely. I thought you were talking about 14 team leagues. 

Hasty & Wilkins droppable in dynasty now?
Wouldn’t cut Hasty just yet. 

1) He looked like he could play on the three touches he got.

2) McKinnon left in the fourth with a rib injury that went underreported because it was assumed they rested him with a big lead. Maybe they did, or maybe his rib injury is serious. They have zero incentive to tell us that. 

From Scott Fish Bowl X (SFBX), Jenga division, names that caught my eye (12 team, SF + TE premium, 22 roster spots), no IR

WR

Braxton Berrios - hate playing guys on bad teams but last two weeks says take a chance 

Randall Cobb - caught a TD.  Unclear WR 1.  Plays with Watson.  Schedule gets easier.

Darnell Mooney - may be ahead of Miller at this point

Demarcus Robinson - Plays with Mahomes.  

Greg Ward Jr. - last man standing

TE (FIO I got Tonyan after week one and Schultz after week 2)

Nick Boyle - Andrews handcuff

Tyler Kroft - caught 2 TDs.  

RB

T.J. Yeldon - not sure how long Moss will be out.  Singletary handcuff.

Devontae Booker - not a great handcuff, more likely a full RBBC if Jacobs out

Rashaad Penny - speculative, with no IR a hard hold.  Russ is serving up a large pie...

QB

Nick Foles - yep he is there.  SFBX severely punishes poor QB play (+1 completion, -2 incompletion) 

Andy Dalton - handcuff, Dak is very durable but prime situation. 

will be targeting a TE I guess.

Mo - Indy

Tonyan

Schultz

Graham...

Was looking good for a bit there...now injuries have hit there to...already been missing Thomas and Mostert, now Cook and Goedert get dinged up.  Fun times.

If Carson’s injury is long-term (doesn’t sound it though), Penny and/or Deejay Dallas may be good stash aways if you have the space. Just don’t think Hyde can hold that job long term.
I saw in other thread it is sprain and could be out one or two weeks. I probably will try for Hyde just as a plug in. Already had CMC go down. So I’m thin. I likely will have to start Gibson. So Hyde might be better for me while Carson is out.

I think that guy that tackled Carson should get a couple games suspension. He could have taken him out for the year with such a stupid move.

I do see Lazard available in a ten team league. Most the leagues I am in he is gone because he is on my squad. 😀

If he happens to be on your wire in ten team league grab him if you need depth or a fill in. I think yesterday was a stretching game for him where he will establish more targets and big play looks going forward. 

I like what Frankman said about Hamler. I’m going to look into it. Hamler college tape has amazing speed and agile playmaking yac. 

I I have a bunch of deep 11 bench spot 12-man leagues and Ward, Graham, and Higgins are available in about 75% of them.  You really don't think Ward is available in a deep league? 
I went and checked 2 leagues. 12 teams 20 roster spots.

I was surprised; Ward was available in both. No others were. There were 76 RB's 79 Wr's and 34 TE's drafted in one of these. Young guys with upside are pretty much all rostered early in the season.

I was surprised; Ward was available in both. No others were. There were 76 RB's 79 Wr's and 34 TE's drafted in one of these. Young guys with upside are pretty much all rostered early in the season.
Higgins was in most of mine in that format... jimmy too.  Either way, most people play smaller benches than that so all of those guys he mentioned were good names to bring up.

Higgins was in most of mine in that format... jimmy too.  Either way, most people play smaller benches than that so all of those guys he mentioned were good names to bring up.
I don't disagree. I think it just makes sense to distinguish between deep and shallow leagues. It is not just about who is available, but how aggressive to bid on them. If Higgins or Jefferson were available in one of my leagues, I would consider breaking the bank for them.

Haven't seen Hunter Renfrow mentioned in here.

HENRY RUGGSWR, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Raiders coach Jon Gruden said he's "concerned" about the injuries for rookies Henry Ruggs (hamstring) and Bryan Edwards (ankle).

He declined to give an update until the trainers had more results. As it stands, it sounds as if both Ruggs and Edwards will miss a handful of games. Slot wideout Hunter Renfrow emerged for 6/84/1 receiving on nine targets in Week 3 and could be leaned on for an extended period if Las Vegas' rookies are sidelined.

He may still be owned in many leagues, though I've seen him cut in plenty, but I think Gronk could be a good pickup. His targets spiked a bit, and its possible he's rounding into shape, after being out of football for a year. With Godwin hurt again, there could be a bunch more targets avaiolable for the taking.

Haven't seen Hunter Renfrow mentioned in here.
Let me start this by saying I like Renfrow a lot and have him at the end of my bench, but if I’m offered anything decent for him this week, I’m taking it.

Belichek was focused on scheming to take Waller out of the game more than anyone else. That combined with Ruggs being unavailable is why Renfrow had the game he did. Though I like him, I don’t think he’ll consistently be productive moving forward. I’d love it if I’m wrong though. 

By making these assertions how do you think you are adding to the conversation?  A better option is to look in your league and if they aren’t available move on and look for someone else. No need to fill us in on the inner workings of your league. 

Let me start this by saying I like Renfrow a lot and have him at the end of my bench, but if I’m offered anything decent for him this week, I’m taking it.

Belichek was focused on scheming to take Waller out of the game more than anyone else. That combined with Ruggs being unavailable is why Renfrow had the game he did. Though I like him, I don’t think he’ll consistently be productive moving forward. I’d love it if I’m wrong though. 
As I mentioned in the Raiders thread, this feels like the Waller and Renfrow show again at least for a few weeks.   Ruggs has been injured since week 1.  Edwards is injured too.   Carr doesn’t throw to Edwards much and Carr didn’t target Ruggs much in week 2.   Renfrow is a very un-sexy WR3 but folks in deep leagues may be desperate enough

habsfan said:
I think I am in on Tee Higgins. My WR corps has sputtered and with decent QB play he might be similar to what Chark was last year.
Twitter is all over Higgins's upside.. the basic premise being that Higgins is at worst WR3 on a good passing offense, and if AJG is as done as he's looked, the sky's the limit.

Users who are viewing this thread