Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Monday Night Football - Chiefs v Ravens - Pre-Game Chatter and Game Thread


ChiefD

Recommended Posts

Should be a good one obviously - just sucks there won't be fans in the stands. That being said:

What I Want to Happen: A good game. I want this game to live up to the hype: a back and forth affair that comes down to the last possession. I'm looking forward to this Mahomes and Jackson debate to continue and grow for the next ten years. A Chiefs win would be gravy.

What I Think Will Happen: I think the Ravens take this one. They (and Jackson) need this one desperately to knock down some of those Chiefs demons. They need it more than KC does at this point, so I expect them to come out hot and firing in all phases of the game. The Chiefs right now look a little disjointed to me. Maybe that's some of Reid holding some things back for this game, which certainly fits his M.O.

Prediction: Ravens 34 Chiefs 24 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expect that Baltimore is going to run a bunch tonight. They haven't really gotten on track there yet this season. They put up 250 yds on Houston, but most of that was late when the Texans' D was gassed. I think the Ravens will want to get that established early tonight and keep Mahomes on the sidelines. They also are gonna have to find a pass rush.

I'm guessing both score in the mid-20s with Baltimore winning a squeaker.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This kind of reminds me of the Sunday Night last year when 8-0 New England came to town touting “one of the best defenses ever” and Lamar made them look stupid 

But loss of insane home crowd definitely hurts. Still a tough spot for a team ramping down Super Bowl hangover vs team that sees this as a huge statement game 

Ravens have been playing things very close to the vest in first two weeks. I’m looking for a surprising amount of JK Dobbins especially in a receiving role 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have nothing to back this up with other than a gut feeling, but I think this game is actually going to be a lower scoring game, at least by expectations. 

24-20 Chiefs, I do expect both TE's to have big games, as both teams have some coverage holes against TE's, and that was against much lesser talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, The_Man said:

This kind of reminds me of the Sunday Night last year when 8-0 New England came to town touting “one of the best defenses ever” and Lamar made them look stupid 

But loss of insane home crowd definitely hurts. Still a tough spot for a team ramping down Super Bowl hangover vs team that sees this as a huge statement game 

Ravens have been playing things very close to the vest in first two weeks. I’m looking for a surprising amount of JK Dobbins especially in a receiving role 

No offense, but maybe this Ravens should figure out how to play well in a postseason game instead of thinking regular season games are 'statement games,' no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

No offense, but maybe this Ravens should figure out how to play well in a postseason game instead of thinking regular season games are 'statement games,' no?

Don’t disagree but a big part of the reason this is a statement game is because of how bad they played in the playoffs last year. Unfortunately they can’t address that until January so until then this is what they have 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think this game is close. Ravens by 10. KC had a hard time against a rookie qb last week and now they have to face Lamar. Granted they were missing Clark last week but their D hasn't looked good so far. I think Hollywood burns them deep a couple of times. One for a score. Andrews has a TD as well.  Ingram runs all over them again late to seal the W. Chiefs have been playing with fire for too long going back to the playoffs last year and I think it catches up to them tonight and burns them in a big way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I predict something will happen that no one predicted would happen.

NFL is at an all time high for average points scored in a game so far at 50 points per game(agree it's only a few weeks)

But I see no reason these two won't make the average at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The_Man said:

Don’t disagree but a big part of the reason this is a statement game is because of how bad they played in the playoffs last year. Unfortunately they can’t address that until January so until then this is what they have 

I think it is more important to win since this could be a big game as far as deciding seeding at the top of the AFC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm down 10.08 and my opponent is done for the week.

I have Lamar Jackson and Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

 

... 😐

 

I dunno guys I'm really behind the 8-ball here, I don't think my team can overcome this deficit.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

So I'm down 10.08 and my opponent is done for the week.

I have Lamar Jackson and Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

 

... 😐

 

I dunno guys I'm really behind the 8-ball here, I don't think my team can overcome this deficit.

It's worse for me, I've got the win already.  But I need CEH to score over 15 (plus whatever frank Clark scores) to be winning the division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...