What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Monday Night Football - Chiefs v Ravens - Pre-Game Chatter and Game Thread (1 Viewer)

When Ravens get to Mahomes you gotta bring him down. They're getting to him but just can't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:  I hate this board, accidentally hit hide before submitting. 

Baltimore should have burned a timeout after the Lamar run to settle the offense and set up the rest of the drive. 

We've all seen your hate in the Lamar thread, so please explain how that is his fault.
It's not hate, but he is not playing well tonight.  Not all of his fault of course, as their defense is getting taken to the woodshed by Mahomes, but I stated in the Lamar thread a while back that the one criticism again still was that he doesn't play well from behind, which is absolutely true thus far.  He can change that in the second half.  I hope it happens so this becomes a competitive game.

It's not hate, but he is not playing well tonight.  Not all of his fault of course, as their defense is getting taken to the woodshed by Mahomes, but I stated in the Lamar thread a while back that the one criticism again still was that he doesn't play well from behind, which is absolutely true thus far.  He can change that in the second half.  I hope it happens so this becomes a competitive game.
So Lamar is the guy getting beat on D.. #### I drafted him as QB too.

No offense. I bet the under. :whistle:  
I’m giving a fun year. My top 4 WRs are Thomas, Julio, Godwin and Sutton. Already 6 missed games, 5 injuries and 1 out for the year. Ingram as my RB2 ain’t exactly picking up the slack.

Bur hey, at least we got a great matchup for MNF!

I think that's a team philosophy thing moreso than a Lamar thing. It's hard to run a ball control offense when you aren't controlling the ball and you're down multiple scores. This team's playcalling/offense isn't built to come back from that, and they really abandon the run too early in these situations.

A little confused about that missed field goal. Definitely looked like it traveled over the upright, isn’t that what is required for it to be ruled a good kick or do I have the rule wrong? Maybe I just didn’t get a good enough look at it

I guess it doesn't really matter when they are blowing teams out, but I'll never understand why they don't use Ingram more.

I think that's a team philosophy thing moreso than a Lamar thing. It's hard to run a ball control offense when you aren't controlling the ball and you're down multiple scores.
That is true, but to be a truly great offense, IMO, you need to be able to beat a team in multiple ways, not just playing a ball control run-dominant one.  The Ravens need to expand the offense more often so they don't look so lost once they fall behind. 

A little confused about that missed field goal. Definitely looked like it traveled over the upright, isn’t that what is required for it to be ruled a good kick or do I have the rule wrong? Maybe I just didn’t get a good enough look at it
Entire ball must be inside the uprights

So he called the awful plays on 1st and goal, is responsible for two drops by Hollywood, a HUGE drop by Andrews, and the LT pooping down his leg to allow the strip sack.  Got it.

He looked like he was looking for a flag for a late hit. He did appear to be wincing. 
Judon took a couple of steps and drilled him in the ribs 

Probably should have been a flag. I guess because he didn’t hit him high or low but right in the middle he got away with it 

So he called the awful plays on 1st and goal, is responsible for two drops by Hollywood, a HUGE drop by Andrews, and the LT pooping down his leg to allow the strip sack.  Got it.
No need to get so defensive. Lamar had a bad first half.  30 minutes of ball still to go. :hifive:

Lamar is not playing bad, but isn't playing good either. Play calling isn't helping.  They were running the ball well, and worked in their favor to keep the clock churning. The deep ball drop by Andrews was not an easy catch by any means. Best defense is to keep Mahomes on the bench as long as possible. Why they want to get into a shootout is beyond me. 

is it the production companies or the stadiums themselves that pipe in crowd noise? this sounds like a preseason game.
I am also curious about this.  Anybody know?  Whoever's pushing the buttons tonight is all over the place.  Kinda funny.

And the Seattle game yesterday, what was up with that one?  It was HORRIBLE, we had to mute it, with this weird continuous, hissing sound.

First thing, Ravens desperately need a stop here and then ---

Oh WOW what a throw there... that's ridiculous..

Lamar is not playing bad, but isn't playing good either. Play calling isn't helping.  They were running the ball well, and worked in their favor to keep the clock churning. The deep ball drop by Andrews was not an easy catch by any means. Best defense is to keep Mahomes on the bench as long as possible. Why they want to get into a shootout is beyond me. 
That was just a tough play all around.  The knock was that lamar shouldve thrown it sooner when andrews was open.  

That's a tough horsecollar to call, he has the sides of the back of the jersey...

Users who are viewing this thread