What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL and Covid Issues - Initially Asked in Shark Pool To Keep it 100% NFL (1 Viewer)

Are we sure Trump didn't buy the Titans?

:oldunsure:

Come on, we were all thinking it. 
I often find myself thinking about how history would be different if Trump had somehow succeeded in buying the Bills.  Rex Ryan seems like exactly the kind of coach that Trump would like, so he probably still gets hired and there's a good chance he's still coaching the Bills right now.  Neither Trump nor Rex would have had the patience required to develop a QB like Allen, nor the skill to acquire this kind of supporting cast around him, so we probably have a different QB and are sitting at -- at best -- 2-2 right now, basically treading water.  Instead of looking like a team on the rise with a bright future, it would be more of the same of what we saw for 17 years and little hope on the horizon.

Of course there's also how this would have affected the whole presidency thing, but I'm just focusing on the important stuff.

John Glennon on Twitter

John Glennon @glennonsports

I'm also now hearing from a source that #Titans were specifically told Sept 29 -- the day the facility closed -- that they were to have no in-person activities of any kind. That's the day before the Sept 30 workouts. So #Titans, is there a response? Can you shed some light?

11:02 AM · Oct 8, 2020·

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet you seem to be arguing for the solution that is more difficult to implement rather than the easier solution.
I'm not following. To me, the easy solution is to add weeks to the end of the season if they need to. It's a year for people to have to adapt. Baseball had to cut 100 games from their schedule. Several teams did not play as many games as the rest of the league. Some teams had to play doubleheaders essentially every night for two weeks to try to make games up.

Basketball and hockey effectively had to shut down for months when their seasons were about to start the playoffs. They ended up playing in bubbles. Almost all sporting events had hardly any or no fans in attendance.

If the league wants to try to get 32 teams to play 16 games a piece, they will probably have to start moving regular season games to the end of the season and push out the playoffs (or consider adding more bye weeks or shortening the regular season). Compared to what other sports did, that is a MINOR concession. To the best of my knowledge, teams in other sports did not force teams to forfeit any games, lose draft picks, or face draconian sanctions from their leagues.

The NFL could also decide that if games are too difficult to reschedule, if the playoff schedule is not to be messed with, if they don't want to change on the fly to make a 12-game schedule . . . that missed games could just not be played at all. All the teams were informed that that was a possible outcome this year and that winning percentage is the way teams will be evaluated for playoff purposes.

So compared to shutting leagues down FOR MONTHS and coming back with no home games for anyone and having to play in a bubble, yeah . . . adding a couple of extra weeks to the regular season seems like a minor inconvenience and not that huge of a deal.

I just hate the idea of bending over backwards for the Titans mistakes. I'd be ok switching the Ravens/Steelers game back to what it was before, and just skipping this Bills game and Steelers game, and calling the Titans 3-2. Frankly, even that is better than they deserve. 

Titans have surged past the Jets and Washington as the worst franchise in the NFL in my opinion. 

I also would agree, that its completely messed up that the Patriots have to play without top guys, but the Titans get rescheduled. In a way, its like they are being rewarded for having more cases. 

I'm not following. To me, the easy solution is to add weeks to the end of the season if they need to. It's a year for people to have to adapt. Baseball had to cut 100 games from their schedule. Several teams did not play as many games as the rest of the league. Some teams had to play doubleheaders essentially every night for two weeks to try to make games up.

Basketball and hockey effectively had to shut down for months when their seasons were about to start the playoffs. They ended up playing in bubbles. Almost all sporting events had hardly any or no fans in attendance.

If the league wants to try to get 32 teams to play 16 games a piece, they will probably have to start moving regular season games to the end of the season and push out the playoffs (or consider adding more bye weeks or shortening the regular season). Compared to what other sports did, that is a MINOR concession. To the best of my knowledge, teams in other sports did not force teams to forfeit any games, lose draft picks, or face draconian sanctions from their leagues.

The NFL could also decide that if games are too difficult to reschedule, if the playoff schedule is not to be messed with, if they don't want to change on the fly to make a 12-game schedule . . . that missed games could just not be played at all. All the teams were informed that that was a possible outcome this year and that winning percentage is the way teams will be evaluated for playoff purposes.

So compared to shutting league down FOR MONTHS and coming back with no home games for anyone and having to play in a bubble, yeah . . . adding a couple of extra weeks to the regular season seems like a minor inconvenience and not that huge of a deal.
No, the easy solution is to cancel the game completely and go by win percentage. The difficult thing to do is push the entire playoffs/tv schedule back a week to reschedule potentially a single game.

Even within the AFC East, NE is going to have to play their second game in a row (most likely) with a backup quarterback without having a single on-field practice since their starting QB popped up positive. This week they will also be down their best defender as well when the Pats so far have had no players with active COVID symptoms. Would you rather have the Bills play in Week 18 or have Allen miss two starts including the game with the Chiefs?
The part about Cam missing a couple of games is irrelevant to this discussion.  Everyone expected that an individual player here and there would miss a game - it was accepted that this was no different than Cam popping a hammy.  What we are talking about now is what happens when a team has an excessive number of infections, those new infections continue to occur day after day for that one team only, and there is reason to suspect (not proved yet, but suspected) that the team did not properly follow the protocols.

No, the easy solution is to cancel the game completely and go by win percentage. The difficult thing to do is push the entire playoffs/tv schedule back a week to reschedule potentially a single game.
I guess I was confused and thought you were pushing for the Bills to win by forfeit. I don't have a problem with some teams playing fewer games (and have posted that several times). However, I am not sure players want that as an outcome because any game they don't play is a game check they won't be getting. Do you think the Bills players will be ok with not getting paid at all this week?

I guess I was confused and thought you were pushing for the Bills to win by forfeit. I don't have a problem with some teams playing fewer games (and have posted that several times). However, I am not sure players want that as an outcome because any game they don't play is a game check they won't be getting. Do you think the Bills players will be ok with not getting paid at all this week?
No, I definitely do not think the Bills would be happy. Though interestingly enough, the language of the agreement states that teams would not be paid in the event of a cancelled game. So the NFL could theoretically call the game a forfeit (not a cancellation) and award a loss to the Titans but nothing to the Bills, allowing the Bills to come out neutral but with their game checks. Maybe? I don’t know. All I know is the Titans really screwed this up badly and should be hammered for it. 

I’m fine with the Bills not being rewarded for the Titans being stupid, it just sucks that somehow some way, other teams are going to end up worse off. Big Ben vented frustration yesterday and he is absolutely right.

The part about Cam missing a couple of games is irrelevant to this discussion.  Everyone expected that an individual player here and there would miss a game - it was accepted that this was no different than Cam popping a hammy.  What we are talking about now is what happens when a team has an excessive number of infections, those new infections continue to occur day after day for that one team only, and there is reason to suspect (not proved yet, but suspected) that the team did not properly follow the protocols.
The overall theme I have been posting about is that things will happen that will not take into account what is fair. For example, my reference to the Bills hosting the Chiefs has nothing to do with figuring out what to do with COVID postponed games.

At this point, the league has these options . . . reschedule the game after the regular season is slated to be over, play the game with whomever the Titans can muster up to play (per the league's COVID rules), cancel the game and not make it up, or force the Titans to forfeit. Making teams forfeit seems like it would open up a lot of worms (such as PIT saying why do they have to play next month but BUF gets a forfeit).

IMO, even if the Titans broke protocols, that may not have had anything to do with passing on the virus. The Buccaneers and Brady broke protocols by having unsanctioned player get togethers when technically teams were not allowed to practice. Essentially, it's hard to say one team broke the rules and another one didn't and punish one team and not another. Sure, I get it that in one case nothing happened and in another something may have happened. The situations aren't the same, but the enforcement of breaking the rules is different. I get it, the Titans are a hot mess of COVID now, but if the players that got together all were negative and all stay negative, is that such a big deal? Yes, I know, the league told them that they were not supposed to have nay interaction with each other and that will end up being the thing that gets the Titans in hot water.

I can see big fines and lost draft picks. I can see some front office suits getting punished on maybe Vrabel getting suspended, but I have a hard time seeing the league actually making a team forfeit.

As far as I can tell, there's only one person in this thread who thinks that the Cam Newton situation is at all comparable to what's happening with Tennessee.  Guess what team that person is a fan of.

There is no way the NFL will assign wins and losses. I don't know why that's being discussed; either they play the game on time, they postpone it to the end of the year or they play it within a few days. Possible punishments from fines to loss of picks have already been publicized. 

No, I definitely do not think the Bills would be happy. Though interestingly enough, the language of the agreement states that teams would not be paid in the event of a cancelled game. So the NFL could theoretically call the game a forfeit (not a cancellation) and award a loss to the Titans but nothing to the Bills, allowing the Bills to come out neutral but with their game checks. Maybe? I don’t know. All I know is the Titans really screwed this up badly and should be hammered for it. 

I’m fine with the Bills not being rewarded for the Titans being stupid, it just sucks that somehow some way, other teams are going to end up worse off. Big Ben vented frustration yesterday and he is absolutely right.
If the league cares about anything. it's money. I don't see how they would authorize payment to players for a missed game where they had absolutely no revenue from (and likely fines and penalties from a network for not supplying a game to be broadcasted). I don't see the players having a lot of wiggle room here. A "game played" is pretty clear language (at least to me).

I don't think that they CAN'T, they have just always honored that agreement.  This year seems like as reasonable time as any to adjust as needed.
Actually, I guess that while they CAN do it, the reason that they don't is because it bolsters their Antitrust exemption based on the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961.  Assuming that is still a key concern, I guess they would then have to weigh the pros and cons of playing on a Saturday vs. college football.

As far as I can tell, there's only one person in this thread who thinks that the Cam Newton situation is at all comparable to what's happening with Tennessee.  Guess what team that person is a fan of.
That is being taken out of context. I mentioned several other teams, situations, and outcomes that would not be considered unfair to multiple teams. There are plenty of other people and media outlets taking umbrage with the league's decision to play the NE/KC game and that the game should have been moved to a date later in the season. Since the overall discussion is about the league's handling of COVID and their approach to playing games, moving games, and rescheduling games, the NE situation certainly fits the discussion.

Which is, once again, the only way this season works. No one seems too concerned that every Walmart in America is open but somehow football players playing during Covid is a crime against humanity.

Players will get "sick" one way or another, just like waiters, school kids, stock boys, stock brokers and even presidents will. Separate the infected, let them recover, and the next men up play the game. If that's too scary, just cancel the season then because outside of a bubble it just can't work.

I'm not trying to be callous but with no end game in sight eventually life goes on and we all do what we can to try and stay healthy and keep others healthy but with the contagiousness of this virus getting sick is practically unavoidable without total isolation. At least the death rates keep dropping and dropping so that's encouraging.
I think that's right.

Plan A for the league was just to play the games as scheduled even if teams had players test positive, with an expanded practice squad being used for roster flexibility.

What is beginning to tie them in knots is Plan B, whereby they try to creatively reschedule games to get round outbreaks on teams. It might work for a few games early on in the season but it will not work later on once bye weeks have been used up.

Continuing with Plan B is going to ultimately lead to forfeits or extra weeks and a lot of increased complexity and drama.

I think they will probably need revert to Plan A after a few more weeks of this.

People advocating for extending the season to make up games - Do you really think things are going to get better as we head into winter? 

I feel like it's only going to get worse if they won't do mini-bubbles and we're going to end up with a Super Bowl in March or April. They need to cancel games (though Tennessee deserves to forfeit due to breaking protocol and causing issues for other teams) and try to get through the season as quickly as possible. 

People advocating for extending the season to make up games - Do you really think things are going to get better as we head into winter? 

I feel like it's only going to get worse if they won't do mini-bubbles and we're going to end up with a Super Bowl in March or April. They need to cancel games (though Tennessee deserves to forfeit due to breaking protocol and causing issues for other teams) and try to get through the season as quickly as possible. 
I am sure the league has evaluated and discussed a lot of things, including scaling back to a 12 week season, adding in more bye weeks, and the other options already covered in this thread. There may even have been more talk of creating bubbles (although that might be better suited for the playoffs). Teams have extended offers to players to stay in hotels.

In hindsight, the league probably should have gone with 4 bubbles hosting two divisions apiece (for example, NFC East and NFC West) in the regular season with each team playing 6 divisional games and 4 games against the other division in the bubble. Then they could have rotated one of the divisions (NFC East vs. NFC North and NFC West vs. NFC South) to play another 4 games. In this scenario, each team would play 14 games (all in-conference), but there would have been the ability to potentially better monitor and regulate things better.

We don't know what we don't know, but the Titans so far has been the one big disaster to this point. The Patriots seem to have avoided anything like the Titans (knock on wood). Maybe Tennessee is the only huge obstacle to overcome this season. If the Titans situation is the only major glitch, then things may not be so bad. But if this starts becoming a regular thing, then the league will have a big, big problem.

It's not that we're advocating it as much as that's the league's plan; to do makeup games later in the season if they exhaust Bye Weeks. MLB did the same and they could do7-inning  doubleheaders, the NFL doesn't have that luxury.

BUF-TEN still tentatively on for the Sunday as scheduled.  That seems rather hard to believe, but I have no problem with it if that's the outcome.  Let the Titans field whatever team they can scrape together and see how it goes on no practice or game-planning.  Also, enjoy the 50-burger heading your way.

Edit: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1314252078362038273
But how when they're STILL having players test positive three days before it's scheduled? This is a joke. 

BUF-TEN still tentatively on for the Sunday as scheduled.  That seems rather hard to believe, but I have no problem with it if that's the outcome.  Let the Titans field whatever team they can scrape together and see how it goes on no practice or game-planning.  Also, enjoy the 50-burger heading your way.

Edit: https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1314252078362038273
What I don't understand Ivan is why people are personally angry with the Titans, other than $$$ I can't figure it out. People are getting very judgemental about the Titans or feeling very righteous in wanting to punish them somehow and I just don't see how folks can get that upset. More outbreaks are likely IMO, hope it doesn't happen but owners are going to be ready for their Playoffs Week 13 or 14 and I know we are going to hear owners ka'vetch and scream how unfair it is their star guy got the Covid. 

People advocating for extending the season to make up games - Do you really think things are going to get better as we head into winter

Middle of Summer in Florida and Texas was no picnic, I didn't know we had this virus pegged to certain seasons of the year as being better or worse... 

That response is a bit sarcastic but I would beg folks not to inject personal opinions into this CV-19 thread, there's an entire thread with more open lanes over in the Free For All. 

I understand where you are coming from, and I know you're not trying to get under anyone's skin but everyone has a differing opinion or belief, much of it comes down to personal comfortability, some folks want to wear a mask by themselves in a outside park with no one around them, I find that to be a little over the top but right now we are not really allowed to question folks for taking precautions, not allowed to question local government closing the beaches, etc...so let's try and stick to Xs and Os please. 

Thanks and Cheers!

What I don't understand Ivan is why people are personally angry with the Titans, other than $$$ I can't figure it out. People are getting very judgemental about the Titans or feeling very righteous in wanting to punish them somehow and I just don't see how folks can get that upset. More outbreaks are likely IMO, hope it doesn't happen but owners are going to be ready for their Playoffs Week 13 or 14 and I know we are going to hear owners ka'vetch and scream how unfair it is their star guy got the Covid. 
People are mad at the Titans for doing the exact opposite of what they were told to do on the 29th.

Explicitly told not to get together for group workouts/practice and turned around and did it the next way.

Very 2020 that the most anonymous team in the NFL is suddenly the supervillain team though.

-QG

People are mad at the Titans for doing the exact opposite of what they were told to do on the 29th.

Explicitly told not to get together for group workouts/practice and turned around and did it the next way.

Very 2020 that the most anonymous team in the NFL is suddenly the supervillain team though.

-QG
It speaks to the stark contrast of folks in the same country living very different lives. 

-Not sure every part of the country has had the same impact as South Florida/Miami which was the epicenter, triggered by the 500 nonstop daily NY to Miami flights that never stopped from the 1st epicenter in NYC, just not sure people in Nashville, Tennessee have had to go thru quite the same level of fear and just outright pseudo-science implemented from the local governments, much of it fear induced leadership. 

But now we are way away from what we should be discussing which is Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins on your Bengals  :yes:

Middle of Summer in Florida and Texas was no picnic, I didn't know we had this virus pegged to certain seasons of the year as being better or worse... 
I think the concern about the Winter is that we will be dealing with influenza as well - not that Covid would necessarily get worse in Winter. That's probably not applicable for the NFL with the amount of testing going on.

These Titan folks need to forfeit. 

Billions of dollars at stake for lots of folks, and if a couple of folks are gonna mess it up, then they can be an example for any other folks that think it's ok to break the rules set up by the folks in charge to protect folks. 

Forfeit the game, and you won't see too many other folks acting like fools.

These Titan folks need to forfeit. 

Billions of dollars at stake for lots of folks, and if a couple of folks are gonna mess it up, then they can be an example for any other folks that think it's ok to break the rules set up by the folks in charge to protect folks. 

Forfeit the game, and you won't see too many other folks acting like fools.
So many verticals and walks of life beyond the NFL I could say this about, Mass 😉

As others have noted, it's because the Titans as an organization decided to ignore covid protocols.  Nobody is mad at New England over Newton and Gilmore -- we all understand that some individual players are going to get covid through no fault of their own and it would be silly to hold that against their team.  But when a team like Tennessee allows its players to hold their own practices after being explicitly told to stay away from one another (which should have gone without saying anyway), and when that team's negligence then affects multiple other games with playoff implications, fans have a right to be ticked off.

Oh and also, it was an illegal forward pass and the officials blew the call.  So there's also that.

Ministry of Pain said:
But now we are way away from what we should be discussing which is Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins on your Bengals  :yes:
Keep those names out of this thread :scared:

But the ire at the Titans is based on the actions they took.  And I think NE is about to get (supplemental) ire if the rumors of Gilmore have dinner with Newton after Newton's positive test turn out to be true.

-QG

But the ire at the Titans is based on the actions they took.  And I think NE is about to get (supplemental) ire if the rumors of Gilmore have dinner with Newton after Newton's positive test turn out to be true.

-QG
As long as the issue is a player here and a player there testing positive, I think most people will just accept it as part of life in 2020.  Pats fans might get mad at Gilmore and Newton (assuming the dinner occurred after the positive test, and not before - if the dinner happened before Newton tested positive, then get mad at your bad luck, not mad at the players).

But we have had positive tests here and there around the NFL.  That player gets put on reserve, everybody distances for a couple of days, no new tests show up positive, then we're good to go until the next positive.  But the Titans are having more and more positives every day, long after they should have locked down.  That's not likely due to bad luck - it's due to bad decision making.

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, but what I heard on the radio was that the dinner was Friday, so pre-test.
If the dinner was post-test, it's highly unlikely Gilmore would have been able to test positive by Tuesday (reported Wednesday). The dinner would have had to be Saturday - the same day Cam found out - and there still probably wouldn't be enough incubation time.
It is hard to imagine Cam having dinner out right after a positive diagnosis or it flying under social media radar if he did.

I think all of what's happening in Tennessee really exposes an inherent flaw in the NFL's protocols. 

If you have guys testing positive at your facility, you have to send everyone home and wait until you consecutive days of no positive tests to bring them back. But this is a game where guys look for a competitive advantage at all times and you're asking them to voluntarily accept a competitive disadvantage, at all levels–– from front office to coaching staff to players. 

And we're supposed to expect that these guys are going to just lay down and take that?

They're going to jog on their treadmills at home for five to seven days and suit up on a Sunday to play a game against another team that has practiced full-go for a whole week?

Like I know we're all looking at this from our own perspective as people who aren't going to suffer much by being told to work alone at home, but these are guys who can suffer greatly by taking their foot off the gas. A quarterback who doesn't practice with his O-line can become the next Alex Smith. A receiver who doesn't practice routes with his quarterback throwing him the ball can end up the next guy taken out the stadium on a stretcher. And the same goes for all skill positions on both sides of the ball. 

This is a game of real-world consequences if you're not operating at your highest level when you step on the gridiron. 

I know there are real-world consequences with the virus as well but what I'm saying is, maybe we can all try to see this from a different perspective. I don't see this as much as the fault of players or coaches as I do the fault of the league's decision makers having unrealistic demands and expectations.

Dr. Octopus said:
It's not personal. It's football fans voicing displeasure towards the one team that could through poor judgment and outright insubordination bring the season down.
Yes, but it is also maybe a bit simplistic and reactionary, even if justified. The Titans appear to legitimately deserve criticism and punishment here, but I will bet my house there are other teams that have broken similar rules, or who would in the same situation. Apparently, the Falcons, Patriots and Chiefs seem to have dealt with it the right way. But do we really know that? Do we know they didn't also hold unauthorized practices and simply got lucky with COVID? I'd still argue in favor of severe punishment for Tennessee if these stories are accurate, but I would caution in thinking they are the only ones. Not directed at you, just jumped in from your bolded.

what i have gathered from this thread is that the NFL, the one major sport which had the longest to prepare for their season, has no plan.

We all know players talk trash - we’ve heard it 1st hand with mic’d up dudes. 

I wonder if players will use COVID stuff in their smack talk. Like when the Bills play at Titans (assuming the games happen) will the players bust on TEN players for breaking protocol? 

Will the Chiefs use the Raiders multiple fines to trash talk? 

I know nobody knows, but at some point I imagine we’ll hear something. There’s just too much free ammunition & players are always chirping at each other. 

what i have gathered from this thread is that the NFL, the one major sport which had the longest to prepare for their season, has no plan.
That was my observation when the PIT/TEN game was cancelled. 

They had the longest time to see what worked best, and then went with the plan MLB used, which was the least effective. 

:doh:  

Yes, but it is also maybe a bit simplistic and reactionary, even if justified. The Titans appear to legitimately deserve criticism and punishment here, but I will bet my house there are other teams that have broken similar rules, or who would in the same situation. Apparently, the Falcons, Patriots and Chiefs seem to have dealt with it the right way. But do we really know that? Do we know they didn't also hold unauthorized practices and simply got lucky with COVID? I'd still argue in favor of severe punishment for Tennessee if these stories are accurate, but I would caution in thinking they are the only ones. Not directed at you, just jumped in from your bolded.
People can only react to things they know about.

Agreed, but also the most vulnerable to disruption due to their weekly schedule format and limited amount of regular season games.

They play once/week around a virus that has a 5-8 day incubation period (on average). And then it seems they've got this tiny window coming off a positive player test where they must evaluate/reshuffle schedules. It's a recipe for disaster and will be getting worse.

Agreed, but also the most vulnerable to disruption due to their weekly schedule format and limited amount of regular season games.

They play once/week around a virus that has a 5-8 day incubation period (on average). And then it seems they've got this tiny window coming off a positive player test where they must evaluate/reshuffle schedules. It's a recipe for disaster and will be getting worse.
I've said it since the  beginning. The only way to do it right was with a bubble of sorts.People point to logistics & 1000 other excuses not to do a bubble, but bottom like is the NFL's greed would not allow it. 

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere, but what I heard on the radio was that the dinner was Friday, so pre-test.
If the dinner was post-test, it's highly unlikely Gilmore would have been able to test positive by Tuesday (reported Wednesday). The dinner would have had to be Saturday - the same day Cam found out - and there still probably wouldn't be enough incubation time.
It is hard to imagine Cam having dinner out right after a positive diagnosis or it flying under social media radar if he did.
I see that - PFT thing confused me.  Forgot his positive test was that late.

-QG

I've said it since the  beginning. The only way to do it right was with a bubble of sorts.People point to logistics & 1000 other excuses not to do a bubble, but bottom like is the NFL's greed would not allow it. 
Fully with you.

Trying to stay true to the thread title (not easy)... I can't help but think that the majority of Owners this spring thought COVID would be ancient history by now, given the circles they run in and mixed message on a national level.

I think all of what's happening in Tennessee really exposes an inherent flaw in the NFL's protocols. 

If you have guys testing positive at your facility, you have to send everyone home and wait until you consecutive days of no positive tests to bring them back. But this is a game where guys look for a competitive advantage at all times and you're asking them to voluntarily accept a competitive disadvantage, at all levels–– from front office to coaching staff to players. 

And we're supposed to expect that these guys are going to just lay down and take that?

They're going to jog on their treadmills at home for five to seven days and suit up on a Sunday to play a game against another team that has practiced full-go for a whole week?

Like I know we're all looking at this from our own perspective as people who aren't going to suffer much by being told to work alone at home, but these are guys who can suffer greatly by taking their foot off the gas. A quarterback who doesn't practice with his O-line can become the next Alex Smith. A receiver who doesn't practice routes with his quarterback throwing him the ball can end up the next guy taken out the stadium on a stretcher. And the same goes for all skill positions on both sides of the ball. 

This is a game of real-world consequences if you're not operating at your highest level when you step on the gridiron. 

I know there are real-world consequences with the virus as well but what I'm saying is, maybe we can all try to see this from a different perspective. I don't see this as much as the fault of players or coaches as I do the fault of the league's decision makers having unrealistic demands and expectations.
Agreed more people should be directing their anger towards the NFL for their "plan" as opposed to the Titans.  At the time of this violation the Titan's still had a game to prepare for so unrealistic of them to sit around and do nothing all week while the Steelers were practicing and preparing like a normal week.  I get it the Titan's violated the protocols but other teams have too.  Titan's just had worse luck than those teams. 

Users who are viewing this thread