What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PIT-TEN To Be Postponed (1 Viewer)

Anyone have any idea what the TV situation will be for a Monday or Tuesday game?
Wonder if they will try to milk it and go back to back.  But with both games in the same time zone that is going to be tough.   They could go head to head at the same time, there's no NBA or NHL on that night anyways.

"...no plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the main hostile force."

Helmuth von Multke (the elder) proverb

We put in a 2nd waiver run on Saturday.  Any owner can pick up players to replace a player with an IR-COVID designation in this special run.  It uses stimulus FAAB and those guys are dropped when the original comes back.
It's good to be prepared for this stuff, but as far as the Steelers/Titans game, I believe the only players on the Titans that have had a Covid designation attached to them are a D Lineman, a LB and TE Beau Brinkley.     Is that really going to have an impact on starting lineups?

It's good to be prepared for this stuff, but as far as the Steelers/Titans game, I believe the only players on the Titans that have had a Covid designation attached to them are a D Lineman, a LB and TE Beau Brinkley.     Is that really going to have an impact on starting lineups?
That's all correct, but I think the fear is that more positives pop up later this week/weekend and the thing gets bumped to a different week. In some ways I'm thinking we just treat it like a bye, as that game will get played at another time (in this scenario). But, many leagues have decided to allow contingency lineups if people post about it on their league page or some such thing. What if the game gets bumped at the last minute? That is a much different decision for an owner than a bye week where you *know* the player is out, or an injury where a player *might* go at gametime on say a Monday night. You can't even swap out someone from the same team. 

If I’m not mistaken, there was a Steelers/Dolphins game a few years back that got moved to Monday night because of weather. The game was only televised in those markets. 
The Bills and Jets played a rescheduled game on Monday night in 2014, as a result of what we now fondly call either "Snowmaggedon" or "Snowvember".  They couldn't play in Buffalo, so the game was moved to Detroit and played at Ford Field on a Monday night.  I believe you are correct about television coverage - it was on TV locally here in Buffalo, but I think it was only shown in the local markets of the teams involved.

Fun fact, University at Buffalo was supposed to play Kent State on Saturday that same weekend.  The Kent State equipment truck got stranded on I-90 between Erie PA and Buffalo for days; the game was cancelled and never played. 

If I’m not mistaken, there was a Steelers/Dolphins game a few years back that got moved to Monday night because of weather. The game was only televised in those markets. 
The Bills and Jets played a rescheduled game on Monday night in 2014, as a result of what we now fondly call either "Snowmaggedon" or "Snowvember".  They couldn't play in Buffalo, so the game was moved to Detroit and played at Ford Field on a Monday night.  I believe you are correct about television coverage - it was on TV locally here in Buffalo, but I think it was only shown in the local markets of the teams involved.

Fun fact, University at Buffalo was supposed to play Kent State on Saturday that same weekend.  The Kent State equipment truck got stranded on I-90 between Erie PA and Buffalo for days; the game was cancelled and never played. 
There was a game on a Tuesday in 2010. Eagles-Vikings, rescheduled at the last minute due to a snowstorm. 

The weekly NFL calendar getting jacked up is a potential nightmare.......much more so than say NBA, or MLB. 

I'm glad I'm not a FF commish. 
Eagles vs Vikings game was delayed in 2010 and played on a Tuesday night.    Absolutely makes sense that a TUE game be treated just like a MNF game, it's the end of a long weekend!  

When are they supposed to decide on Monday vs another day?? 
My guess is that it won’t be earlier than Friday. Need a couple of days with no positives to figure out just how many guys are infected. If more guys keep testing positive, seems more likely the game would get moved later or the decision postponed longer.

But that’s all guess work.

:( Rashaan Evans, due to poor managment before me, is essentially my LB1 in a deep IDP league. Jadeveon Clowney is my starting DE. Corey Davis starts at WR as WR5. Etc. and so on. This affects everyone, especially if they don't get the game in (then everyone's a zero for this week).

:( Rashaan Evans, due to poor managment before me, is essentially my LB1 in a deep IDP league. Jadeveon Clowney is my starting DE. Corey Davis starts at WR as WR5. Etc. and so on. This affects everyone, especially if they don't get the game in (then everyone's a zero for this week).
I’ve currently got Conner, Henry, JuJu, and Davis(wasn’t sure I was starting him) sitting 

for 

Gaskin, Hill, Watkins, and Shenault 

Want everyone to be healthy, but I’m really hoping  they get this game in 

Last edited by a moderator:
Want everyone to be healthy, but I’m really hoping  they get this game in 
It's going to be difficult to have them in your lineup for Mon or Tue unless your commissioner has a sort of best ball plan going like was discussed earlier in thread. Sort of a way of going "If the game is being played, then X,Y, and Z start." But other than that, it's going to be a whole lot of wishful thinking about testing if you want to avoid zeros, no? 

I guess what I would hope for is that the NFL makes a decision by Saturday morning at the latest and sticks to it - either the game is Monday or Tuesday or they do the switching around of Bye weeks.  And if they do schedule it for this week, then if more guys test positive, they get treated like an injury and the guy is out for the game.

I don't mind the idea of "contingency players" if they're playing on Thursday.  I can't fathom the NFL making an official announcement later than Saturday.  If you've got short benches and your WRs are JuJu, Tyreek, Jeudy, and McLaurin and you start 3, Jeudy is the obvious odd man out in this scenario.  Now, if the Pitt-Tenn game is postponed to a different week and that isn't known until Saturday, then it's perfectly acceptable for that owner to be allowed to start Jeudy for JuJu.  If it's Marvin Jones instead of Jeudy in that scenario, you have to make a decision.  Hopefully that decision is made for you by the NFL prior to Sunday's games, but otherwise it becomes each owner's choice.

Beau Brinkley has Covid ?  😲

There goes my FF season down the drain. 

We put in a 2nd waiver run on Saturday.  Any owner can pick up players to replace a player with an IR-COVID designation in this special run.  It uses stimulus FAAB and those guys are dropped when the original comes back.
Can you clue me into what  "stimulus FAAB" is exactly?  You cutting FAAB checks on the weekly? PM will do so we dont muddy this thread. 

Let's say they announce the game will be played Monday. We all start our Steelers and Titans as normal, or most of us do.

What happens if on Monday morning they get some more positive cases and decide to postpone the game? Now anyone who started Steelers or Titans is left stranded because the other games have already been played.

Let's say they announce the game will be played Monday. We all start our Steelers and Titans as normal, or most of us do.

What happens if on Monday morning they get some more positive cases and decide to postpone the game? Now anyone who started Steelers or Titans is left stranded because the other games have already been played.
What happens if on Monday Morning they announce that there are positive cases for Green Bay for their Monday Night game that night and the game is postponed?  Are Commissioners going to allow people to substitute players in who already played on Sunday?   I don't think so.

What happens if on Monday Morning they announce that there are positive cases for Green Bay for their Monday Night game that night and the game is postponed?  Are Commissioners going to allow people to substitute players in who already played on Sunday?   I don't think so.
yes as a commish i told everyome start pitt/tenn players this week at your own risk....

oh well....

yes as a commish i told everyome start pitt/tenn players this week at your own risk....
I stole this from a league I don't commish.  It's pretty good.

With the uncertainty surrounding the TEN/PIT game this week, we will be allowing a “backup” player for any PIT or TEN player you choose to start.

1. These backup players will only be used if the game is postponed and not played as part of the Week Four slate.
2. If the game is played, backup players will not be accepted for players who are injured.
3. To make use of this option, you must post on the league message board, choosing a specific backup player for each PIT/TEN starter you use.
4. You must still follow all lineup rules, including meeting lineup requirements
5. You must post prior to the kickoff of your backup players’ game. We will follow the time stamp left on the league message board.
6. If the game is canceled, your lineup will be adjusted, swapping your backup for the TEN/PIT player you started.

I stole this from a league I don't commish.  It's pretty good.

With the uncertainty surrounding the TEN/PIT game this week, we will be allowing a “backup” player for any PIT or TEN player you choose to start.

1. These backup players will only be used if the game is postponed and not played as part of the Week Four slate.
2. If the game is played, backup players will not be accepted for players who are injured.
3. To make use of this option, you must post on the league message board, choosing a specific backup player for each PIT/TEN starter you use.
4. You must still follow all lineup rules, including meeting lineup requirements
5. You must post prior to the kickoff of your backup players’ game. We will follow the time stamp left on the league message board.
6. If the game is canceled, your lineup will be adjusted, swapping your backup for the TEN/PIT player you started.
I mean this seems like the obvious solution to me.

The NFL is rescheduling the #Steelers-#Titans game to later in the season after an additional Titans player and one personnel tested positive for COVID-19. It will not be played Week 4.

The NFL is rescheduling the #Steelers-#Titans game to later in the season after an additional Titans player and one personnel tested positive for COVID-19. It will not be played Week 4.
If the Titans outbreak spreads, I'd bet that next week's game against the Bills is in jeopardy as well.

Users who are viewing this thread