What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Dirigible Thread*** (1 Viewer)

They wanted to make it dramatic/theater and show they were wearing one...which then sets the example they should be worn.  (rather than take it off before walking up and out of sight).

This is a story?  I mean, for Russia Today I guess it is...

sho nuff said:
They wanted to make it dramatic/theater and show they were wearing one...which then sets the example they should be worn.  (rather than take it off before walking up and out of sight).

This is a story?  I mean, for Russia Today I guess it is...
 Things must be getting desperate if that is the best they can come up with. 

Context is everything, and there isn't a whole lot of it for the given scenario, but reading that it seems to me that Ulman and Wolf are goofing on people concerned with masks as political theater, not joking about how they don't really wear masks but will make a show of it when speaking in public. To put it another way, they're not joking about actually engaging in political theater, they're making fun of people who think they're engaging in political theater.

:(

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-02/trump-aide-hope-hicks-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-infection?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business

Breaking Bloomberg: Hope Hicks has tested positive for coronavirus, according to people familiar with the matter.

"Hicks was seen on Tuesday riding maskless in a staff van with White House senior adviser Stephen Miller, campaign adviser Jason Miller and others.

When they returned to Washington on Tuesday, Stephen Miller and Hicks were seen sharing an umbrella as they exited Air Force One."

Breaking Bloomberg: Hope Hicks has tested positive for coronavirus, according to people familiar with the matter.
The Trump rallies are spreader / seeding events, and there’s a lot of talk about how there is a lack of humanity or empathy for the well being of those attending such events, even VIPs like Herman Cain. But there’s also this element of putting the president himself at risk. Just incredible.

Great post, considering Hope Hicks tested positive yesterday, Donald and Melanie are now in quarantine, all after attending a fundraiser today maskless after they knew Hicks tested positive yesterday.

The virus is not a hoax. Wake up already. 
Is he so hard up for money that he’s willing to infect donors?  Actually I know the answer to that question.

Context is everything, and there isn't a whole lot of it for the given scenario, but reading that it seems to me that Ulman and Wolf are goofing on people concerned with masks as political theater, not joking about how they don't really wear masks but will make a show of it when speaking in public. To put it another way, they're not joking about actually engaging in political theater, they're making fun of people who think they're engaging in political theater.
That's how it sounded. It probably came with air quotes, too.

Social distancing and hygiene >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>masks and it's not even close.   Masks are the dumbest part of this whole deal and someone decided to make them the most important because of politics.

Social distancing and hygiene >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>masks and it's not even close.   Masks are the dumbest part of this whole deal and someone decided to make them the most important because of politics.
Joe Biden@JoeBiden

I’m happy to report that Jill and I have tested negative for COVID. Thank you to everyone for your messages of concern.

I hope this serves as a reminder: wear a mask, keep social distance, and wash your hands.

You can do both wash your hands and wear a mask.

:shrug:

why did we shutdown almost everything if we could’ve just masked up

Trump was probably correct to shut down when he did, flatten the curve was hugely successful.  Bravo Mr. President.  We never needed all those extra hospitals and ventilators we made, thank goodness.

Question now is since masks are the Covid kryptonite why do some places have so many other restrictions?   

Last edited by a moderator:
@HellToupee Regardless of your health (which I hope is good):

- Do you have loved ones for whom you’d want to maximize their safety?

- Do you have elderly loved ones (or those with conditions that limit their immunity)?

Based upon some of your past posts (I acknowledge I may be misremembering), I hope you’re in the process of learning something.

Live long and prosper. :thumbup:

WI

GOP legislative leaders file motion in court today seeking to block mask mandate, arguing the governor doesn't have authority. Move comes after more than 17,000 people in Wisconsin tested positive in the last 7 days and some hospitals in NE WI are on brink of being overwhelmed.

@HellToupee Regardless of your health (which I hope is good):

- Do you have loved ones for whom you’d want to maximize their safety?

- Do you have elderly loved ones (or those with conditions that limit their immunity)?

Based upon some of your past posts (I acknowledge I may be misremembering), I hope you’re in the process of learning something.

Live long and prosper. :thumbup:
Not sure what you know about me . I feel fortunate that I’ve worked through this . I’ve taken precautions and so far kept safe. Distance/masks when appropriate and hand sanitizer etc . Luckily my wife is able to do her job from home. We try to err on the side of caution. 
I feel for people still not being able to work . I hate the hypocrisy of pols and their  virtue signaling , Marty Walsh, Pelosi, Feinstein etc 

Have a delightful weekend and stay safe

That’s a fair and valid question.  And part of the answer is because many people refuse to mask up. For it to be highly effective the overwhelming majority would need to participate, that’s clearly the biggest obstacle at this point. 

Joe Biden@JoeBiden

I’m happy to report that Jill and I have tested negative for COVID. Thank you to everyone for your messages of concern.

I hope this serves as a reminder: wear a mask, keep social distance, and wash your hands.

You can do both wash your hands and wear a mask.
Oh I will wear a mask when appropriate, it's the every time you leave your house over the top politicizing of it I won't be a part of.  I haven't had a situation yet to use any of my N95 masks since the outbreak.  Except once when cutting tile.

Oh I will wear a mask when appropriate, it's the every time you leave your house over the top politicizing of it I won't be a part of.  I haven't had a situation yet to use any of my N95 masks since the outbreak.  Except once when cutting tile.
My strong suspicion is that, like many other people here, you are much more reasonable in real life than you sometimes project in this forum. 

Not sure what you know about me . I feel fortunate that I’ve worked through this . I’ve taken precautions and so far kept safe. Distance/masks when appropriate and hand sanitizer etc . Luckily my wife is able to do her job from home. We try to err on the side of caution. 
I feel for people still not being able to work . I hate the hypocrisy of pols and their  virtue signaling , Marty Walsh, Pelosi, Feinstein etc 

Have a delightful weekend and stay safe
People who can are working from home, and are afraid to travel and gather together in large groups.  That has led to many of the job losses, and everybody feels for those impacted, but those won't return around until those things are no longer true.  "Pols," hypocritical or not, and whatever "virtue signaling" is, have nothing to do with the basic human instinct to not get sick and die.  Every pol in the world could stop being hypocritical and this scourge of virtue signaling could cease, and we'd be exactly where we are now.

No. I trust what you’re saying. I’m betting that you use one when most experts agree it should be used. 
At work they are required.  I haven't missed a single day of work, never do.  I prefer the bandana with a little starch in it because you can just dip your head when clients walk by and it covers most of your mouth and looks like your are wearing something.  We share an office with Clients and they are 90% compliant and we are about 50% when in meetings, talking.  Most everyone takes off their mask when speaking (that the absurdity of it). 

At stores and restaurants I wear one, because it's required, even though as soon as you get to your table no one is wearing a mask (that the absurdity of it).  A waitress of ours the other day had her mask made out of lace (the difference in mask materials is absurd).  I never cover my nose because it fogs up my glasses.  I am more at risk of tripping and hurting myself or someone else without being able to see than I am being hurt or hurting someone with covid (that's the absurdity of it).  Occasionally I forget and will run into the convince store without a mask, the cashier is behind plexiglass anyway (that's the absurdity of it).

I've only been asked twice to cover my nose, once at the Dr office and once when on a plane.  On the plane they are very strict, except as soon as they come down the isle and give you food and drink everyone takes their mask off.  All at the same time! (that's the absurdity of it).

Socially I never wear a mask.  Friends and family aren't forced to come over.  A group of our neighbors regularly get together, no masks.  One of them, my next door neighbor, is a Trump hater, very liberal, his wife gets made when he brings up politics so I try to avoid it out of respect.  

Never wear a mask outside walking dogs, doing yard work, woodworking in the garage and driveway, even though I should because of the saw dust.  It's supposed to be required any time you leave your house (that's absurd).

I have a trip planned to fly visit my 90+ mother on the way to the Keys in November.  I am seriously considering telling her I can't stop to see her, because of her high risk.  Vacation is a go.

Masks help and they matter.  

I think shutting down was a response to Italy being a crap show.  And in the instance, it made sense.  Now we've studied the virus for 6+ months.  We know so much more about it.  We have effective treatments.  I don't think shutting down again is reasonable.  

But to the bigger point, masks matter.  

You deleted part of my post where I discussed the message too.

And yes, when someone posts from the site of actual Russian government propaganda, the messenger should also be criticized.
Reporters have more editorial freedom there than they did at MSNBC, at least according to Ed Schultz.  MSNBC is essentially a 24/7 propaganda organ for the security state.  CNN basically took over a quarter of the FBI’s payroll.  But I guess Larry King is a Russian agent now. 🙄

I’m not commenting on the substance of this piece, but you can’t dismiss everything published there as “Russian propaganda” any more than every NPR article is “USA propaganda”.  

Nobody even cared about RT until the US started demonizing it.  Its audience is small and insignificant.  This was always a BS fear campaign to tar one of the few outlets still willing to give a platform to anti-imperialist viewpoints.  

Reporters have more editorial freedom there than they did at MSNBC, at least according to Ed Schultz.  MSNBC is essentially a 24/7 propaganda organ for the security state.  CNN basically took over a quarter of the FBI’s payroll.  But I guess Larry King is a Russian agent now. 🙄

I’m not commenting on the substance of this piece, but you can’t dismiss everything published there as “Russian propaganda” any more than every NPR article is “USA propaganda”.  

Nobody even cared about RT until the US started demonizing it.  Its audience is small and insignificant.  This was always a BS fear campaign to tar one of the few outlets still willing to give a platform to anti-imperialist viewpoints.  
Yes...nice comp to MSNBC...which I don't go to for news or anything.  Good one.

The site is literally used for Russian propaganda...which is all I said...never did I dismiss whatever this ridiculous story was as Russian Propaganda itself.  But yeah...defend Russia and RT some more.  Cool

At work they are required.  I haven't missed a single day of work, never do.  I prefer the bandana with a little starch in it because you can just dip your head when clients walk by and it covers most of your mouth and looks like your are wearing something.  We share an office with Clients and they are 90% compliant and we are about 50% when in meetings, talking.  Most everyone takes off their mask when speaking (that the absurdity of it). 

At stores and restaurants I wear one, because it's required, even though as soon as you get to your table no one is wearing a mask (that the absurdity of it).  A waitress of ours the other day had her mask made out of lace (the difference in mask materials is absurd).  I never cover my nose because it fogs up my glasses.  I am more at risk of tripping and hurting myself or someone else without being able to see than I am being hurt or hurting someone with covid (that's the absurdity of it).  Occasionally I forget and will run into the convince store without a mask, the cashier is behind plexiglass anyway (that's the absurdity of it).

I've only been asked twice to cover my nose, once at the Dr office and once when on a plane.  On the plane they are very strict, except as soon as they come down the isle and give you food and drink everyone takes their mask off.  All at the same time! (that's the absurdity of it).

Socially I never wear a mask.  Friends and family aren't forced to come over.  A group of our neighbors regularly get together, no masks.  One of them, my next door neighbor, is a Trump hater, very liberal, his wife gets made when he brings up politics so I try to avoid it out of respect.  

Never wear a mask outside walking dogs, doing yard work, woodworking in the garage and driveway, even though I should because of the saw dust.  It's supposed to be required any time you leave your house (that's absurd).

I have a trip planned to fly visit my 90+ mother on the way to the Keys in November.  I am seriously considering telling her I can't stop to see her, because of her high risk.  Vacation is a go.
All right. What you’ve written seems reasonable enough, though I wouldn’t do what you’ve done socially. The other night I was invited to a poker game and declined, much as I wanted to go, because none of them wore masks. I’m not judging them, or you, but I don’t feel safe. 
I think my biggest disagreement with you on this subject has to do with our interpretation of motivations. I gather that you, and many other Trump supporters, seem to believe that those who go overboard (in your estimation) on mask wearing do so out of some sort of combination of “virtue signaling) and opposition to Trump. I think that they do so because to err on the side of caution is simply the safer way to go. 

Users who are viewing this thread