What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump and Melania test positive for Covid-19 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whole-show

Footballguy
Trump and 1st lady test positive after Trumps adviser tests positive

“President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for the coronavirus, he announced on Twitter early Friday.

"Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER!" he tweeted.

Hope Hicks, one of the president’s closest senior advisers, on Thursday tested positive for the virus, making her the highest-profile member of the administration to contract the virus who is in frequent contact with Trump and other top officials.

Trump, 74, told Fox News host Sean Hannity on Thursday after Hicks’ positive test that he and the first lady, 50 were tested after Hicks tested positive and later tweeted they were starting the “quarantine process.”

The president has held campaign rallies around the country for months, many of which are outdoors but some have been indoors. The most recent one was Wednesday night in Minnesota and he also traveled to New Jersey on Thursday for a fundraiser.

Hicks along with several top White House and campaign advisers traveled with the president to Cleveland for Tuesday’s debate against Democratic Nominee Joe Biden.”

Considering all of the things Trump has said about the virus and his actions with indoor rallies and planned trips to hot spots this week...I can't imagine this thread stays open very long.

Jan. 22

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” 

-CNBC Inteview

Feb. 10

“Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

-New Hampshire Rally

Feb. 24

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” 

— Twitter

Feb. 27

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” 

— News conference

March 4

“Some people will have this at a very light level and won’t even go to a doctor or hospital, and they’ll get better. There are many people like that.” 

— Briefing with airline CEOs

March 4

“Some people will have this at a very light level and won’t even go to a doctor or hospital, and they’ll get better. There are many people like that.” 

— Briefing with airline CEOs

March 9

“The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power ... to inflame the CoronaVirus situation.” 

— Twitter

March 10

“We’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” 

— Meeting with Republican senators

And I could keep going on, but I’ll stop now. I do hope the best for them and that they get through it. Just hopefully he’ll take this more seriously now and realize this is for real. 

Considering all of the things Trump has said about the virus and his actions with indoor rallies and planned trips to hot spots this week...I can't imagine this thread stays open very long.
Agree, but like I said I hope the best for them both and anyone fighting this deadly virus. Not wishing bad will for him or anyone, but hope now he opens his eyes and doesn’t keep making this pandemic a political stance. 

So if he's positive today, he was likely in the early stages of infection and contagious during the debate with Biden, right?

Some stupid questions:

- Sounds like the debates are done now, right?

- Sounds like the public appearances are done?

- Could this be faked because he sees what’s happening in the polls and is somehow panicking??  I can’t imagine, but the timing is just so crazy. Then again in 2020 everything is on the table...

- Does Biden potentially have it now?! If he had it at the debate?

- Is Pence acting commander in chief if Trump is in quarantine? (Will Trump invoke or will he have to invoke the 25th Amendment? I’m guessing not so long as he can discharge his duties even if behind closed doors. But can he??)

This is just so crazy. Impact on the country, impact on the election, etc...

Some stupid questions:

- Could this be faked because he sees what’s happening in the polls and is somehow panicking??  I can’t imagine, but the timing is just so crazy. Then again in 2020 everything is on the table...

- Does Biden potentially have it now?! If he had it at the debate?

- Is Pence acting commander in chief if Trump is in quarantine? (Will Trump invoke or will he have to invoke the 25th Amendment? I’m guessing not so long as he can discharge his duties even if behind closed doors. But can he??)

This is just so crazy. Impact on the country, impact on the election, etc...
Very great questions @Otis I’d like to know too how people feel about these questions. 

Heard earlier Trump wouldn’t stand for changes in the debates so makes sense he’d use this as a ploy to not to do more. And why? Did he think he made himself look like an idiot last debate? Or did his people say he did and that he needed to get out of the last ones?  Did he just feel he couldn’t win a debate against Biden? I would say if it Is true if he has it, which I’m guessing he probably does, that the debates would be off at the least. I will say however I can’t see him giving up his public appearances 

So if he's positive today, he was likely in the early stages of infection and contagious during the debate with Biden, right?
The theory right now is that he got it from his assistant Hope Hicks, who started experiencing symptoms on Wednesday afternoon.

She was also at the debate, though.......

I hope they both recover quickly and have no side effects.

I also hope this news makes many take more precautions and to take the virus more seriously.  
If the first sentence happens, the second won't.  I imagine for a variety of reasons, a quick asymptomatic recovery by the Trumps is one of the worst things that could happen to the country at this point. 

Maybe. I am sure they are tracing it all now but if Hicks had it and felt symptoms the day after the debate, it's pretty likely she was on a plane with the core of Team Trump when they went to the debates and it is very possible many others in his inner circle were infected. Not good. 

Some stupid questions:

Not sure we can answer that without knowing if he's symptomatic now or develops symptoms in next few days

I hope they both recover quickly and have no side effects.

I also hope this news makes many take more precautions and to take the virus more seriously.  
I wonder if a quick, painless and no side effects recovery lessens his stance about the serious of the virus. 

If the first sentence happens, the second won't.  I imagine for a variety of reasons, a quick asymptomatic recovery by the Trumps is one of the worst things that could happen to the country at this point. 
Possible.  Just getting the virus is something many don’t think will happen to them.  I think most people have some level of fear of catching this.  Seeing someone else get it has to be impactful to them on some level.  I guess an argument could be made for bad symptoms, recovery with no side effects being the best scenario for people taking this serious but I’m not going to sit here and wish poor health on anybody.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure we can answer that without knowing if he's symptomatic now or develops symptoms in next few days
Yep. The official recommendation is 10 day isolation after afebrile for 24 hours off meds and other symptoms improving.

The best case is he has no symptoms and is off the hook in a week and a half. 

The most like scenario is he develops symptoms after incubating a few days, 5-6 days on average. Then he’ll get sick for a week, either start to improve (which begins the 10 day clock), or gets worse. If he gets sick enough to require hospitalization, the period of isolation increases to 20 days.

Assuming he was just exposed in the last couple days and develops typical symptoms, he’ll be off isolation in 3 weeks. But it’s easy to imagine a scenario where he’s unavailable much longer, until weeks after the election.

I’m not going to sit here and wish poor health on anybody.  
I'm not either, just being realistic.  Trump's in several high-risk cohorts (elderly, obese, low-income, non-white) so there's a decent chance he gets a bad case of this.  I'm just envisioning a scenario where he ends up asymptomatic and it just further fuels the part of his base that thinks the whole thing is a hoax, etc. which is the last thing we need right now.  

Agree, but like I said I hope the best for them both and anyone fighting this deadly virus. Not wishing bad will for him or anyone, but hope now he opens his eyes and doesn’t keep making this pandemic a political stance. 
FWIW, our only good friends that were dismissive of the danger changed their mind after the wife got it three months ago. The husband and their two daughters got it briefly, but the wife was in pretty rough shape. 10 straight days over a 103 fever and almost went to the hospital several times during those last couple of days. Even after she recovered and tested negative, she was still out of it for weeks. 

They take it a lot more seriously now. 

Hopefully the President and First Lady learn this lesson too. 

FWIW, our only good friends that were dismissive of the danger changed their mind after the wife got it three months ago. The husband and their two daughters got it briefly, but the wife was in pretty rough shape. 10 straight days over a 103 fever and almost went to the hospital several times during those last couple of days. Even after she recovered and tested negative, she was still out of it for weeks. 

They take it a lot more seriously now. 

Hopefully the President and First Lady learn this lesson too. 
If you had it why bother to take is seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread