What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump/White House Covid positive thread (2 Viewers)

gianmarco

Footballguy
Probably deserves its own thread instead of the tweets thread. 

Can use this to discuss who has it, updates on symptoms, potential consequences on the election, SC judge appointment, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
.@NotreDame announces that President John Jenkins has tested positive for COVID. Jenkins was criticized for not wearing a mask when attending the ACB announcement in the rose garden last week.

I don't know where to post this, so I picked here though I suspect the curators of the Trump narrative are likely not going to come here and it's my belief they are the only ones that can actually answer this question, but here it goes.

How is it we are overlooking the biggest part of this election cycle.  Trump has officially become part of the hoax and deep state in a time where this fake virus is just being pushed as fear mongering oppression of Trump and his support to try and scare them out of an election.  Are people pissed to learn that he's part of this whole hoax now?  What about Melania?  I get twisted up trying to figure out the narrative, so I'm leaning on the experts to help me out here....TIA.

I don't know where to post this, so I picked here though I suspect the curators of the Trump narrative are likely not going to come here and it's my belief they are the only ones that can actually answer this question, but here it goes.

How is it we are overlooking the biggest part of this election cycle.  Trump has officially become part of the hoax and deep state in a time where this fake virus is just being pushed as fear mongering oppression of Trump and his support to try and scare them out of an election.  Are people pissed to learn that he's part of this whole hoax now?  What about Melania?  I get twisted up trying to figure out the narrative, so I'm leaning on the experts to help me out here....TIA.
The narrative is #justtheflubro, so assuming Trump gets better, they will run with that.

The narrative is #justtheflubro, so assuming Trump gets better, they will run with that.
Justtheflu is a step above the group I am talking about.  I'm talking about the people that think it's completely made up...like doesn't exist at all.  Justtheflu guys have their own issues, but they are slightly better than the emphatic deniers IMO.

Correct.  Not that I wish him to get sick/die, him not having symptoms and/or being fine in the long run for the battle with this issue, especially if he wins the election, is a really bad outcome because this will probably strengthen this already too prevalent attitude.  

Justtheflu is a step above the group I am talking about.  I'm talking about the people that think it's completely made up...like doesn't exist at all.  Justtheflu guys have their own issues, but they are slightly better than the emphatic deniers IMO.
got it.  I would imagine that there is a highly overlapped Venn diagram of hoaxers and Qs, so a lot are probably stating that its a ruse to keep the Donald safe while "the plan" is set in motion.  or something.

Idk. Maybe my sarcasm detector isn’t working right today. 

I will go ahead and give some thoughts and prayers as well. 
as much as I detest the man, I wouldn't wish corona virus on anyone.  Also, as has been noted elsewhere, an incapacitated president isn't good for us as a country. I don't even want to get into the political ramifications right now - let's see how his condition progresses.  This ultimately may be just a blip.  It also may have tragic consequences.  We have no idea how this goes, but I'm hopeful that the best medical care in the world will help.

From the timeline: Dr. Sean Conley, physician to the president, releases a statement that the president and first lady “are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.”

Hopefully the president listens to his doctor by spending time in his private residence, relaxing with some TV and his phone.

• Thinking
Reactions: JAA
I fully admit...  this is like :popcorn:  for me.

The election... campaigning, impact to voters, the debates, etc.  How will Biden handle it?  

The ACB nominee proceedings...  how many from the announcement will be confirmed positive?  will the Senate meet next week?  will they have a quorum to get her over the line?

Who else is positive?  where did it start?  

From the timeline: Dr. Sean Conley, physician to the president, releases a statement that the president and first lady “are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.”

Hopefully the president listens to his doctor by spending time in his private residence, relaxing with some TV and his phone.
Maybe we'll get some fun twitter out of this...  I mean, that never happens... 

Timeline assembled from pool reports:

12:45 p.m. - Trump departs for Bedminster via Marine One.
c. 1 p.m. - "White House officials" know that Hope Hicks has tested positive.
3 p.m. - Trump begins fundraiser at Bedminster in New Jersey.
8:07 p.m. - Bloomberg reports that Hope Hicks has tested positive.
9:49 p.m. - Trump tells Sean Hannity that he "just heard" about Hope Hicks testing positive. He also stated that he "just" went out and got a COVID test.
12:54 a.m. - Trump announces that he has tested positive.

Bloomberg is now reporting that Trump knew about Hicks' positive test before he left for Bedminster.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
Anyone hoping this event, no matter how it turns out, will bring humility to Trump and his supporters, cause him to admit a mistake, or change his actions or his tune in any respect whatsoever are kidding themselves.  Trump and his supporters will 100% find a way to make this a huge positive for their entire agenda.

Early symptoms are ominous..

“...he has very regularly..almost every day been tested, which means he’s showing symptoms very early in to his infection. Which doesn’t bode well for him. Of course we know he has the weight issue the age issue & he’s a male.." Dr Aileen Marty MSNBC

This was something I had not really considered - severity based on timing of on-set of symptoms.  Of course, we don't really have a good sense of what those symptoms are, other than some vague reporting.  Maybe @Terminalxylem or other more medically knowledgeable posters can weigh in.

Unless Dr. Marty has examined Trump this seems like an incredibly irresponsible statement to make.
How so?

I think its bases on known facts - Trump being tested regularly, and reports that he has shown sign of symptoms (presumably before learning of a positive test).

I don't know the medical basis - i.e. are early symptoms a bad sign?

But, the comment is based on known information, that would not need an in-person examination to learn.

Anyone hoping this event, no matter how it turns out, will bring humility to Trump and his supporters, cause him to admit a mistake, or change his actions or his tune in any respect whatsoever are kidding themselves.  Trump and his supporters will 100% find a way to make this a huge positive for their entire agenda.
I dont want this to happen.  I am worried that someone is actually going to die.  Imagine if 1 WH worker, aide, staff, janitor, etc ... just 1 of them dies, the story goes horribly

Still struggling to see the "irresponsible" aspect here.
The health of the president can move markets and impact national security. A bunch of schmoes gabbing on a message board can speculate at will. But a medical professional on national TV really ought to have some evidence before suggesting a prognosis.

Unless Dr. Marty has examined Trump this seems like an incredibly irresponsible statement to make.
Agreed.  I'll look for your post where you expressed similar outrage over this:

A Republican U.S. representative from North Carolina has gone further than even President Donald Trump in questioning the mental state of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

Greg Murphy, who represents much of Eastern North Carolina in the U.S. House, has said repeatedly in the last few weeks that Biden, the 77-year-old former vice president, has dementia.

Murphy is a medical doctor — a urologist. But experts at the UNC Department of Neurology said diagnosing dementia requires a comprehensive evaluation, including in-person tests.

How so?

I think its bases on known facts - Trump being tested regularly, and reports that he has shown sign of symptoms (presumably before learning of a positive test).

I don't know the medical basis - i.e. are early symptoms a bad sign?

But, the comment is based on known information, that would not need an in-person examination to learn.
Or maybe he isn't actually tested regularly.

Some people are saying he's faking it.....a lot of people.  
With his track record you have to start with anything he says is a lie and work back from there, but I don't see a positive angle in the lie other than changing the current narrative from horrible to terrible.

Some people are saying he's faking it.....a lot of people.  
There's definitely a part of me that wonders if it's part of some ploy.  There are just so many possible consequences it's hard to wrap my mind around how he would benefit.
He had a really bad week, makes him a little immune from criticism and changes the narrative.

I don't know if he is faking it, just answering your question.

Users who are viewing this thread