Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Trump/White House Covid positive thread


Recommended Posts

Probably deserves its own thread instead of the tweets thread. 

Can use this to discuss who has it, updates on symptoms, potential consequences on the election, SC judge appointment, etc.

Edited by gianmarco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As many feared and predicted, Trump is now emboldening those eager to listen to him. And unsurprisingly people are following his lead, replete with misleading statistics and macho claims about not wea

This is why I get so angry at the Mods who want to downplay this, or down play criticism of the White House - its time to stop mollycoddling people who don't, or can't, acknowledge this was, and remai

I just want to add to nothing in particular that which I thought was common knowledge. 1) Every day we are closer to a vaccine. 2) The medical experts have come A LONG way in the last 6 mont

I don't know where to post this, so I picked here though I suspect the curators of the Trump narrative are likely not going to come here and it's my belief they are the only ones that can actually answer this question, but here it goes.

How is it we are overlooking the biggest part of this election cycle.  Trump has officially become part of the hoax and deep state in a time where this fake virus is just being pushed as fear mongering oppression of Trump and his support to try and scare them out of an election.  Are people pissed to learn that he's part of this whole hoax now?  What about Melania?  I get twisted up trying to figure out the narrative, so I'm leaning on the experts to help me out here....TIA.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are a number of possibilities for recent super-spreader events.

They apparently sang karaoke at the Minneapolis fundraiser. (Group singing and group yelling are both particularly bad ideas.)

https://www.twincities.com/2020/10/02/contact-tracing-president-trump-in-minnesota-who-hung-out-with-him-for-how-long/

My understanding is that single-transmission occurrences are somewhat rare, and that most transmissions are super-spreader-ish.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I don't know where to post this, so I picked here though I suspect the curators of the Trump narrative are likely not going to come here and it's my belief they are the only ones that can actually answer this question, but here it goes.

How is it we are overlooking the biggest part of this election cycle.  Trump has officially become part of the hoax and deep state in a time where this fake virus is just being pushed as fear mongering oppression of Trump and his support to try and scare them out of an election.  Are people pissed to learn that he's part of this whole hoax now?  What about Melania?  I get twisted up trying to figure out the narrative, so I'm leaning on the experts to help me out here....TIA.

The narrative is #justtheflubro, so assuming Trump gets better, they will run with that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Donnie Junior's lady pal had it, right?  Seems like Trump's inner circle had a number of positive cases the last few months.

Yeah, and from what I've read in the past there is a pretty high chance she was a superspreader.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah, and from I've read in the past there is a pretty high chance she was a superspreader.

She yelled so loud during her convention speech, she was probably spreading it even with an empty auditorium.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, -jb- said:

The narrative is #justtheflubro, so assuming Trump gets better, they will run with that.

Justtheflu is a step above the group I am talking about.  I'm talking about the people that think it's completely made up...like doesn't exist at all.  Justtheflu guys have their own issues, but they are slightly better than the emphatic deniers IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, -jb- said:

The narrative is #justtheflubro, so assuming Trump gets better, they will run with that.

Correct.  Not that I wish him to get sick/die, him not having symptoms and/or being fine in the long run for the battle with this issue, especially if he wins the election, is a really bad outcome because this will probably strengthen this already too prevalent attitude.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Commish said:

Justtheflu is a step above the group I am talking about.  I'm talking about the people that think it's completely made up...like doesn't exist at all.  Justtheflu guys have their own issues, but they are slightly better than the emphatic deniers IMO.

got it.  I would imagine that there is a highly overlapped Venn diagram of hoaxers and Qs, so a lot are probably stating that its a ruse to keep the Donald safe while "the plan" is set in motion.  or something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Idk. Maybe my sarcasm detector isn’t working right today. 
 

I will go ahead and give some thoughts and prayers as well. 

as much as I detest the man, I wouldn't wish corona virus on anyone.  Also, as has been noted elsewhere, an incapacitated president isn't good for us as a country. I don't even want to get into the political ramifications right now - let's see how his condition progresses.  This ultimately may be just a blip.  It also may have tragic consequences.  We have no idea how this goes, but I'm hopeful that the best medical care in the world will help.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From the timeline: Dr. Sean Conley, physician to the president, releases a statement that the president and first lady “are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.”

Hopefully the president listens to his doctor by spending time in his private residence, relaxing with some TV and his phone.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully admit...  this is like :popcorn: for me.

The election... campaigning, impact to voters, the debates, etc.  How will Biden handle it?  

The ACB nominee proceedings...  how many from the announcement will be confirmed positive?  will the Senate meet next week?  will they have a quorum to get her over the line?

Who else is positive?  where did it start?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tri-man 47 said:

From the timeline: Dr. Sean Conley, physician to the president, releases a statement that the president and first lady “are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.”

Hopefully the president listens to his doctor by spending time in his private residence, relaxing with some TV and his phone.

Maybe we'll get some fun twitter out of this...  I mean, that never happens... 

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Timeline assembled from pool reports:

12:45 p.m. - Trump departs for Bedminster via Marine One.
c. 1 p.m. - "White House officials" know that Hope Hicks has tested positive.
3 p.m. - Trump begins fundraiser at Bedminster in New Jersey.
8:07 p.m. - Bloomberg reports that Hope Hicks has tested positive.
9:49 p.m. - Trump tells Sean Hannity that he "just heard" about Hope Hicks testing positive. He also stated that he "just" went out and got a COVID test.
12:54 a.m. - Trump announces that he has tested positive.

Bloomberg is now reporting that Trump knew about Hicks' positive test before he left for Bedminster.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone hoping this event, no matter how it turns out, will bring humility to Trump and his supporters, cause him to admit a mistake, or change his actions or his tune in any respect whatsoever are kidding themselves.  Trump and his supporters will 100% find a way to make this a huge positive for their entire agenda.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Early symptoms are ominous..

“...he has very regularly..almost every day been tested, which means he’s showing symptoms very early in to his infection. Which doesn’t bode well for him. Of course we know he has the weight issue the age issue & he’s a male.." Dr Aileen Marty MSNBC

 

This was something I had not really considered - severity based on timing of on-set of symptoms.  Of course, we don't really have a good sense of what those symptoms are, other than some vague reporting.  Maybe @Terminalxylem or other more medically knowledgeable posters can weigh in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

“...he has very regularly..almost every day been tested, which means he’s showing symptoms very early in to his infection. Which doesn’t bode well for him.

Unless Dr. Marty has examined Trump this seems like an incredibly irresponsible statement to make.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Murph said:

Unless Dr. Marty has examined Trump this seems like an incredibly irresponsible statement to make.

How so?

 

I think its bases on known facts - Trump being tested regularly, and reports that he has shown sign of symptoms (presumably before learning of a positive test).

I don't know the medical basis - i.e. are early symptoms a bad sign?

But, the comment is based on known information, that would not need an in-person examination to learn.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Anyone hoping this event, no matter how it turns out, will bring humility to Trump and his supporters, cause him to admit a mistake, or change his actions or his tune in any respect whatsoever are kidding themselves.  Trump and his supporters will 100% find a way to make this a huge positive for their entire agenda.

I dont want this to happen.  I am worried that someone is actually going to die.  Imagine if 1 WH worker, aide, staff, janitor, etc ... just 1 of them dies, the story goes horribly

Edited by JAA
I dont want this to happen. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Still struggling to see the "irresponsible" aspect here.

 

The health of the president can move markets and impact national security. A bunch of schmoes gabbing on a message board can speculate at will. But a medical professional on national TV really ought to have some evidence before suggesting a prognosis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Murph said:

Unless Dr. Marty has examined Trump this seems like an incredibly irresponsible statement to make.

Agreed.  I'll look for your post where you expressed similar outrage over this:

Quote

 

 A Republican U.S. representative from North Carolina has gone further than even President Donald Trump in questioning the mental state of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

Greg Murphy, who represents much of Eastern North Carolina in the U.S. House, has said repeatedly in the last few weeks that Biden, the 77-year-old former vice president, has dementia.

Murphy is a medical doctor — a urologist. But experts at the UNC Department of Neurology said diagnosing dementia requires a comprehensive evaluation, including in-person tests.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, General Malaise said:

Agreed.  I'll look for your post where you expressed similar outrage over this:

 

I'm not sure why you think I'd feel any differently about this. Dr Murphy is also acting irresponsibly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

How so?

 

I think its bases on known facts - Trump being tested regularly, and reports that he has shown sign of symptoms (presumably before learning of a positive test).

I don't know the medical basis - i.e. are early symptoms a bad sign?

But, the comment is based on known information, that would not need an in-person examination to learn.

Or maybe he isn't actually tested regularly.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Some people are saying he's faking it.....a lot of people.  

There's definitely a part of me that wonders if it's part of some ploy.  There are just so many possible consequences it's hard to wrap my mind around how he would benefit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Some people are saying he's faking it.....a lot of people.  

With his track record you have to start with anything he says is a lie and work back from there, but I don't see a positive angle in the lie other than changing the current narrative from horrible to terrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, facook said:
8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Some people are saying he's faking it.....a lot of people.  

There's definitely a part of me that wonders if it's part of some ploy.  There are just so many possible consequences it's hard to wrap my mind around how he would benefit.

He had a really bad week, makes him a little immune from criticism and changes the narrative.

 

I don't know if he is faking it, just answering your question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...