Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Trump/White House Covid positive thread

gianmarco

4 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Why not just hire the @Iraqi Information Minister as WH press secretary at this point?  We're officially in banana republic / third world status when it comes to the integrity of our executive office.

You could tell things were bad when they rolled out Larry Kudlow for an interview yesterday. Pretty much this administration’s Baghdad Bob.

This whole thing feels a bit off.

Its definitely a situation where I don't know who/what to believe - and when it comes to the US government that is a bad place to be.

I don't know if Trump is worse off than they claim, or better off than the claim.  (Given the discrepancy between his doctor and his Chief of Staff, at least one is not being honest - but I don't know who or why).

The best way to clear this up is for a pool reporter to have access to Trump himself, and provide an independent assessment of Trump, his mood, his medications/treatment.  If Trump had remained in the WH - there probably would have been more reliable leaks.  Now that he is locked away at Walter Reed - its all a big mystery.

Is Trump having a serious health incident?

Is Trump setting the grounds for a miraculous comeback?

I just have no idea right now - and don't trust any of the information.

1 minute ago, caustic said:

You could tell things were bad when they rolled out Larry Kudlow for an interview yesterday. Pretty much this administration’s Baghdad Bob.

Kudlow is when you get the real info.

You have to use George Costanza Opposite of Everything I Say Decoder Ring but still.....

Truth is there.  

Liz Oxhorn

@lizoxhorn

Level 1:

On Monday, the entire city of DC had just 14 new cases of COVID. The Trump White House alone is now responsible for 23 new cases and counting. They had every privilege available to them to limit the spread of the disease and they blew it. Hard not to be furious.

Holy smokes.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, caustic said:

Gabriel Sherman @gabrielsherman

Conversations w Republicans close to WH over last 12 hours indicate it’s been far more dire than WH has said. Before being taken to Walter Reed, Trump kept asking aides, “Am I going out like Stan Chera? Am I?” (Chera was Trump’s NYC friend who died of Covid in April)

12:21 PM · Oct 3, 2020

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

eh?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, timschochet said:
18 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

I hate that people think that. But sadly, I expect the "he brought it on himself" thought is not uncommon.

It isn’t. But “I want him to die” is EXTREMELY uncommon and you should stop suggesting otherwise. 

You are 100% right Tim!  Choices people make put them in the position they get in.  Like when someone disobeys a police order; I understand that they should get in trouble.  In the case of Trump and Covid or a black person not complying with police, I do not want either one to die!

I have been bouncing around the news channels, but one of them is suggesting Trump received his first experimental treatment on Wednesday morning. They were debating if doctors would have taken that as a precaution should he test positive, and they said probably not. I also thought they said Trump showed up too late to the debate Tuesday night to be tested. They were trying to figure out when he actually tested positive and it sounded like way earlier than when Trump tweeted about it. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, toshiba said:

You are 100% right Tim!  Choices people make put them in the position they get in.  Like when someone disobeys a police order; I understand that they should get in trouble.  In the case of Trump and Covid or a black person not complying with police, I do not want either one to die!

Not quite in love with your analogy here but thanks for agreeing with me? 

7 minutes ago, proteus126 said:

2 days in, and the POTUS is asking people if he's going out.  Man, I so DONT want to catch this bug.  It must hit like a ton of bricks.

Really underscores the importance of frequent, rapid-response testing IMO. If Trump was an average Joe, he’d probably have been tested after getting a fever (Thursday) and would still be waiting for results today. The outcome would’ve likely been far worse in that scenario.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Woah, wait a minute @Joe Bryant. First you’re talking about the Newsweek poll, which is admittedly disturbing, and then you offer an anecdote about someone you know that wants Trump to die. That’s a completely different thing from expressing happiness or satisfaction that he’s ill. 

Maybe my head is in the sand, but I am guessing that those who want Trump to die, who would be happy with that outcome, are a small fringe number of people. And I object to you claiming otherwise. 

Of course people like my friend who want him to die are fringe. Or at least I hope so. I just saw that TikTok and Facebook are not allowing that kind of posting which is good. I edited my post to make that totally clear. 

I absolutely think people have their heads in the sand if they think people that are happy he's contracted Covid or think he had it coming to him are on the far fringe. 

3 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I have been bouncing around the news channels, but one of them is suggesting Trump received his first experimental treatment on Wednesday morning. They were debating if doctors would have taken that as a precaution should he test positive, and they said probably not. I also thought they said Trump showed up too late to the debate Tuesday night to be tested. They were trying to figure out when he actually tested positive and it sounded like way earlier than when Trump tweeted about it. 

I was listening to a couple channels last night and one of the medical experts wanted to know the last time Trump actually tested negative, suggesting that they may have let up on the daily testings and he may have been positive much earlier.

2 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Of course people like my friend who want him to die are fringe. Or at least I hope so. I just saw that TikTok and Facebook are not allowing that kind of posting which is good. I edited my post to make that totally clear. 

I absolutely think people have their heads in the sand if they think people that are happy he's contracted Covid or think he had it coming to him are on the far fringe. 

Thanks for the clarification. I don’t think we’re in disagreement then. 

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Thanks for the clarification. I don’t think we’re in disagreement then. 

Then stop accusing me of saying something I didn't say. I thought you knew of me more than that. Discouraged to know I was wrong. Par for today. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

I don't know about being near the fringe but I'm certainly not happy about it but I do think he bet black too many times at the roulette wheel.

Just now, Joe Mammy said:

I don't know about being near the fringe but I'm certainly not happy about it but I do think he bet black too many times at the roulette wheel.

Understood. I think a lot of people would agree with you which is why I'm saying it's not uncommon. 

18 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Again - distilling this down to "happy"/ "sad" is oversimplistic.

I'm sad for the man and the office.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

At the same time, I'm happy he will be forced to take COVID seriously and is seeing the inevitable results of his policies.

Edited by moleculo
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Am I correct in gathering he likely knew he was exposed if not positive when he went to the debate and held an event with supporters? Wtf

It seems there is a chance.  Im seeing reports he showed up late to the debate and skipped the test.  People are guessing he may have known at that point.  Who knows really.  The doctors did say he was 72 hours into the diagnosis. 

So some of these donors in Bedminster NJ are expressing anger that Trump went to the fundraiser on Thursday and may have infected them, knowing he was sick. 

I’m sorry but...these donors are, I presume rich people who supported Donald Trump? And they’re surprised and angry that he was selfish and didn’t care about them? They’ve had the last 4 years to read about his presidency, and they knew exactly what sort of guy this was, but they supported him anyhow. And I’m guessing they mingled with him without masks and proper social distancing. And now they’re pissed off? I certainly hope none of them get sick, but I can’t feel any sympathy for their anger or fear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PinkydaPimp said:

It seems there is a chance.  Im seeing reports he showed up late to the debate and skipped the test.  People are guessing he may have known at that point.  Who knows really.  The doctors did say he was 72 hours into the diagnosis. 

And he made fun of Biden’s masks and social distancing. I’m at a loss for words. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, toshiba said:

Well this feels like a wildly unnecessary leap to all sorts of unrelated political and social lightning rods. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

So some of these donors in Bedminster NJ are expressing anger that Trump went to the fundraiser on Thursday and may have infected them, knowing he was sick. 

I’m sorry but...these donors are, I presume rich people who supported Donald Trump? And they’re surprised and angry that he was selfish and didn’t care about them? They’ve had the last 4 years to read about his presidency, and they knew exactly what sort of guy this was, but they supported him anyhow. And I’m guessing they mingled with him without masks and proper social distancing. And now they’re pissed off? I certainly hope none of them get sick, but I can’t feel any sympathy for their anger or fear. 

Is this any different than being "indifferent" towards Trump getting the virus?

The doctor released a letter saying he misspoke - that by 72 hours he meant 3 days. Which is apparently Thursday somehow. He said Trump was diagnosed on Thursday and started the drug regimen on Friday.

Timing still seems very strange (72/3 days = Thursday?). But I doubt the doctor would lie for Trump.

Now the apparent back pedaling is that the doctor misspoke and meant to say Day 3 after the diagnosis, not 72 hours. So Thursday evening was when they found out and they consider that Day 1. That seems like a convenient amendment, but why say 72 hours when it wasn’t even 36 hours yet with their revised timeline.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Understood. I think a lot of people would agree with you which is why I'm saying it's not uncommon. 

Just listen to the media.  Just read posts on this very page. Dispite the DR giving a full report of him doing fine this morning they are questioning what the DR said trying to will it into being worse.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Otis said:
24 minutes ago, toshiba said:

Well this feels like a wildly unnecessary leap to all sorts of unrelated political and social lightning rods. 

Fair enough

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Now the apparent back pedaling is that the doctor misspoke and meant to say Day 3 after the diagnosis, not 72 hours. So Thursday evening was when they found out and they consider that Day 1. That seems like a convenient amendment, but why say 72 hours when it wasn’t even 36 hours yet with their revised timeline.  

I’m sure the truth will ultimate come out but man I hope that the doctor just misspoke though it seems like the kind of statement one would have carefully planned out ahead of time.

Edited by Ilov80s

Just now, tonydead said:

Just listen to the media.  Just read posts on this very page. Dispite the DR giving a full report of him doing fine this morning they are questioning what the DR said trying to will it into being worse.  

So the President's Chief of Staff was lying?

Why would he do that to reporters?

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Just now, whoknew said:

The doctor released a letter saying he misspoke - that by 72 hours he meant 3 days. Which is apparently Thursday somehow. He said Trump was diagnosed on Thursday and started the drug regimen on Friday.

Timing still seems very strange (72/3 days = Thursday?). But I doubt the doctor would lie for Trump.

Why would they put him on oxygen before he tests positive?

One other thought:

The WH could be toying with the language around “testing” here. I took my daughter in for a COVID test last week. Her rapid test (results in like 15 mins) came back negative, but it wasn’t “official”, and she wasn’t cleared to return to school, until two days later after they got back the results of the more extensive/final test.  So maybe he tested positive in a rapid test on Wednesday but the WH didn’t feel compelled to announce it until the longer official test results came out?  So they’re calling THAT later test the positive, even if he had a positive on a rapid test earlier?

• Like 1

Just now, tonydead said:

The President's chief of staff is the one telling the media it is way worse than the doctors said. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ilov80s said:

I’m sure the truth will ultimate come out but man I hope that the doctor just misspoke though it seems like the kind of statement one would have carefully planned out ahead of time.

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1 · 12m

More clean-up attempts from the White House. Dr. Conley now claims that he misspoke *twice* about basic facts during his earlier briefing.

The beauty of this "clean up" - Dr. Conley is now taking responsibility for a "mis-statement" made by a different doctor....

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1

This statement is wrong. Dr. Conley did not say "48 hours." Another physician, Dr Garibaldi, said 48 hours. Why is Conley misattributing this quote?

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

The WH issued an anonymous statement that it’s far worse.  Are we wrong to question what someone from this administration said at the podium in a press conference? Nobody is “willing” anything. We just want the truth for a change. 

• Like 3

Just now, Otis said:

Why would they put him on oxygen before he tests positive?

One other thought:

The WH could be toying with the language around “testing” here. I took my daughter in for a COVID test last week. Her rapid test (results in like 15 mins) came back negative, but it wasn’t “official”, and she wasn’t cleared to return to school, until two days later after they got back the results of the more extensive/final test.  So maybe he tested positive in a rapid test on Wednesday but the WH didn’t feel compelled to announce it until the longer official test results came out?  So they’re calling THAT later test the positive, even if he had a positive on a rapid test earlier?

That's what I'm thinking.  There may have been an early positive result but didn't consider it a diagnosis until a second test.

Just now, tonydead said:

Perfect example, carry on. 

Example of what - The Chief of Staff spoke directly to the reporters and said it was worse than the doctors were letting on.

What is the media supposed to do with that information?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

The official story and the medical details that have been released do not add up to a multitude of doctors on multiple shows that have treated COVID patients for 6 months. 

The one thing I am curious about is if the doctor treating Trump has treated many COVID patients. Doctors on CNN suggesting the course of action so far is that he has been in much worse shape than is being let on and / or he could have had active symptoms for far longer than has been released based on the many other COVID patients they have treated. 

Just now, gianmarco said:

Covering up how sick he may or may not be simply isn't acceptable.  There's an obligation to this country and its citizens to be up front about his condition, especially now.

The cover up isn't even subtle.

Between Meadows going to the Press, and then the "clean-up" by Conley has an obvious error - its embarrassing really.  Just be honest, how hard is that?