What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump/White House Covid positive thread (2 Viewers)

Aside from an ER doctor doing most of the talking, it was bizarre the team included an anesthesiologist. Typically one would be taken care of by a single internist, possibly with an infectious disease or pulmonology consultant. That looked like their entire ICU team. Details of his room here.
That was totally intentional. Show of (medical) force. 

Then stop accusing me of saying something I didn't say. I thought you knew of me more than that. Discouraged to know I was wrong. Par for today. 
What % do you consider "fringe"?.  Honestly surprised to see you post that you don't think it's a fringe opinion to want him to die of this. 

Conley clean up statement misspelled Regeneron and corrected a statement that HE didn't say. A different doctor said 48 hours. 

Oy.
But yeah. We have to just fake everything else he said as truth and not listen to the rest of what was said.  Or question anything about oxygen.

This administration continues to prove people’s doubts in it...

What % do you consider "fringe"?.  Honestly surprised to see you post that you don't think it's a fringe opinion to want him to die of this. 
I don’t know what % is considered fringe, but I'd say it's definitely not a fringe opinion here in Brooklyn.

There are a few people on my social media timelines praying for Trump's demise.

There are also people on my timelines hoping that Trump wins reelection.

I don't think those two groups are coming from entirely different places (though I'm not equating the two). The ones I know personally are, to a person, very good, big-hearted people. I have witnessed their generosity and compassion up close. They generally want what's best for the world. I don't always agree with them about what's best for the world, but I recognize that they are mainly erring from a place of misdirected goodwill, not malevolence.

Some in the first group might partially enjoy seeing the President "get what's coming to him," and some in the second group might partially enjoy "owning the libs." These sentiments are, to be sure, spiteful, distasteful, and off-putting. I do not approve of them. (Again not equating them.)

But I don't want to overreact to them, either. Neither the people in the "get what's coming to him" camp nor the people in the "owning the libs" camp are evil people. They are good people who don't always have perfect judgment, and may occasionally be regrettably thoughtless. Like pretty much all of us.

People are quick to be outraged at whatever the other side is saying or doing. I recommend trying, at least for today, to subdue the outrage a bit and, if charity is impossible, to just ignore people.
How many deplorable people that wish for the President's death are you friends with exactly?

Meadows has now changed his tone, tells Reuters: "The president is doing very well. He is up and about and asking for documents to review. The doctors are very pleased with his vital signs. I have met with him on multiple occasions today on a variety of issues.”

--

Reviewing documents. :lmao:  

They are so damn bad at lying.

Meadows has now changed his tone, tells Reuters: "The president is doing very well. He is up and about and asking for documents to review. The doctors are very pleased with his vital signs. I have met with him on multiple occasions today on a variety of issues.”

--

Reviewing documents. :lmao:  

They are so damn bad at lying.
They wouldnt let him into his room either. It’s insanity. 

President Donald Trump phoned Rudy Giuliani from his hospital bed Saturday afternoon to declare he feels so healthy, “I could get out of here right now.”

The former Big Apple mayor said his friend of 30 years sounded hale and hearty during the 2:30 p.m. conversation. “If you can judge by the way he speaks, he sounded like vintage Donald Trump,” Giuliani said.

The president dictated a statement to Giuliani:

“You go tell people I’m watching this coverage [reporting he’s taken a turn for the worse].

“I feel I could get out of here right now. But they’re telling me there can always be a backstep with this disease. But I feel I could go out and do a rally.

“I am the president of the United States. I can’t lock myself in a room. … I had to confront [the virus] so the American people stopped being afraid of it so we could deal with it responsibly.

“We have made tremendous progress on treating this disease. Fatality rates are very low compared to [the beginning].

“I’m going to beat this.

“Then I will be able to show people we can deal with this disease responsibly, but we shouldn’t be afraid of it.

“If I had handled it any other way, I would have created more panic, more fear in the American people.

“We are making great progress on dealing with this disease and making better progress with the economy than anyone had the right to expect.”

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
President Donald Trump phoned Rudy Giuliani from his hospital bed Saturday afternoon to declare he feels so healthy, “I could get out of here right now.”

The former Big Apple mayor said his friend of 30 years sounded hale and hearty during the 2:30 p.m. conversation. “If you can judge by the way he speaks, he sounded like vintage Donald Trump,” Giuliani said.

“You go tell people I’m watching this coverage [reporting he’s taken a turn for the worse].

“I feel I could get out of here right now. But they’re telling me there can always be a backstep with this disease. But I feel I could go out and do a rally.

“I am the president of the United States. I can’t lock myself in a room. … I had to confront [the virus] so the American people stopped being afraid of it so we could deal with it responsibly.

“We have made tremendous progress on treating this disease. Fatality rates are very low compared to [the beginning].

“I’m going to beat this.

“Then I will be able to show people we can deal with this disease responsibly, but we shouldn’t be afraid of it.

“If I had handled it any other way, I would have created more panic, more fear in the American people.

“We are making great progress on dealing with this disease and making better progress with the economy than anyone had the right to expect.”
Ahh...so pretty much he is going with the...its no big deal and the reporting is bad....by reporting, I mean factually stating what Mark Meadows stated.

And he had to confront it...like he meant to get it?  And people will believe this type of thing.

If he’s doing so great, I don’t understand why Trump doesn’t call in to Fox News.
That would deny us the opportunity to hear it from a straight shooter like Rudy.

Also...I thought he was reviewing documents as Meadows now claims...but Rudy is claiming Trump is watching coverage?

• Laughing
Ahh...so pretty much he is going with the...its no big deal and the reporting is bad....by reporting, I mean factually stating what Mark Meadows stated.

And he had to confront it...like he meant to get it?  And people will believe this type of thing.
Afraid of cancer? Smoke 5 packs a day and try to get cet cancer! 

“I’m going to beat this.

Sigh

It seems that the play here is for Trump to play up the illness, then come out of Walter Reed, roaring like lion.

I don't believe that Trump would have gone to Walter Reed without a broader strategy.  WH has medical facilities including ICU capabilities 

:tinfoilhat:

It seems that the play here is for Trump to play up the illness, then come out of Walter Reed, roaring like lion.

I don't believe that Trump would have gone to Walter Reed without a broader strategy.  WH has medical facilities including ICU capabilities 

I think they also have to see how positive tests have come through the WH and think it’s best to get out of there. 

“I’m going to beat this.

I have "Vim and Vigor" in the office pool.

Someone drop a heads up if you hear it

I don't think he's faking but help this country if this is all one big sham

Best analogy for me: guy drives home hammered from the bar every night and is completely reckless about it, even flaunts it. People tell him not to, he keeps doing it. One day wraps his car around a tree and dies. I’m sort of indifferent about that. He was asking for it, and in the end, I’m sort of OK with the end result being he took out just himself rather than some innocent child. 

But yeah I’m not wishing death on Trump or anyone, and I’m sure not Tweeting a death wish.... jeez....
Who is telling him not to (amongst his close quarters at least)?

Otis said:
Sanjay Gupta just made a great point.  If the president is doing totally fine, you don’t give him an experimental cocktail that has only had 275 patients and isn’t even yet approved for emergency use.  There must have been some concern for his condition for them to take that step.  
Regenren explained

Saw this on Rachel Madow last night.

I trust this guy way more than the Trump hating Gupta

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Psst, don't look now, but Trump still has several hundred million dollars in debt that is due in the next few years.

I know its easy to forget issuesin the Trump-era, but that still deserves more attention...

Psst, don't look now, but Trump still has several hundred million dollars in debt that is due in the next few years.

I know its easy to forget issuesin the Trump-era, but that still deserves more attention...
Should see a few hundred mill from Regeneron show up in his account any day.

Am I doing it right?

Or failing to condemn hate groups, disparaging remarks about vets or any number of horrible things. How bad of shape are we in as a country that this guy could still get another 4 years?

Who would have guessed ‘hospitalized with COVID’ would be the distraction. I was thinking N-word at the debate.

Or invite Hannity up for a sit-down interview.   :shrug:
Or release a 5 minute video showing everyone he is just fine. 

New audio recording message on his Twitter.  It’s a bit rambling and I’m not sure what to make of it. 

sorry, video message. 

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1312525833505058816?s=21
What to make of it?  He speaks words.   He said he's doing just fine and thanked the DRs, nurses, and all the support from world leaders and the American people. 

New audio recording message on his Twitter.  It’s a bit rambling and I’m not sure what to make of it. 

sorry, video message. 

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1312525833505058816?s=21
Credit where it’s due, it’s a very nice little recording in terms of his appreciative nature (a few little political things but he is a political tbf) if this was how he acted most of the time, he’d be liked by a lot more people.  It’s always nice to hear someone is doing well in the face of this virus, especially someone older and out of shape.

I heard a report that the WH was so concerned that Trump’s condition was rapidly declining yesterday that they did whatever they could to perk him up to get video of him walking to the helicopter. He may or may not have had to go to the hospital, but they didn’t want to chance he would get worse. Apparently they wanted no footage of him going out on a stretcher or in an ambulance. 

Now that Trump is releasing videos and politicizing this, is it ok for Biden to go back to campaigning?  Just curious.
:lmao: . Everyone crying that they were being lied to, asking why he doesnt make an appearance. He does and this is what we get. You cant make this stuff up.  

What to make of it?  He speaks words.   He said he's doing just fine and thanked the DRs, nurses, and all the support from world leaders and the American people. 
Yes that part was very nice. I meant the parts where he is explaining why he went to the hospital. He’s sort of like well I couldn’t hide in a room in the White House and not see people (is he getting to hang out with a bunch of folks at the hospital??). He had to be strong and fight the problem head on. So he went to the hospital. 

Just weird rambling attempts to explain away why he went to the hospital, and they didn’t make sense. 

He also was less positive about how he’s feeling than I expected he would be.

Just found it interesting and out of character and a little rambling 

I heard a report that the WH was so concerned that Trump’s condition was rapidly declining yesterday that they did whatever they could to perk him up to get video of him walking to the helicopter. He may or may not have had to go to the hospital, but they didn’t want to chance he would get worse. Apparently they wanted no footage of him going out on a stretcher or in an ambulance. 
I heard a report it was so serious it go either way, that he might die within a few days.   

Users who are viewing this thread