What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump/White House Covid positive thread (3 Viewers)

I heard a report that the WH was so concerned that Trump’s condition was rapidly declining yesterday that they did whatever they could to perk him up to get video of him walking to the helicopter. He may or may not have had to go to the hospital, but they didn’t want to chance he would get worse. Apparently they wanted no footage of him going out on a stretcher or in an ambulance. 
Yes that's possible. But also consider you don't need to take a helicopter to get to Walter Reed. It's less than 10 miles away. There would have been ground options to get him there privately. 

Yes that part was very nice. I meant the parts where he is explaining why he went to the hospital. He’s sort of like well I couldn’t hide in a room in the White House and not see people (is he getting to hang out with a bunch of folks at the hospital??). He had to be strong and fight the problem head on. So he went to the hospital. 

Just weird rambling attempts to explain away why he went to the hospital, and they didn’t make sense. 

He also was less positive about how he’s feeling than I expected he would be.

Just found it interesting and out of character and a little rambling 
There are a bunch of conspiracies in here about that. Occam's razor  - the facilities exist for exactly this reason, why wouldnt you go just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't even know what to think. He looks good, as in not ready to be intubated, but obviously sick. This whole story and timeline just doesn't make any sense. I don't understand why the doctors would come out and give positive news about his condition only to have his Chief of Staff painting a much dire picture "off the record" not five minutes later. I also don't understand why he would have to be checked into a hospital less than a day after getting a positive test result and presumably the onset of initial symptoms. 

I really just wish we could get consistent and believable information from our government. This is a big deal. 

I heard a report that the WH was so concerned that Trump’s condition was rapidly declining yesterday that they did whatever they could to perk him up to get video of him walking to the helicopter. He may or may not have had to go to the hospital, but they didn’t want to chance he would get worse. Apparently they wanted no footage of him going out on a stretcher or in an ambulance. 
You heard?  Got a link?

So president trump is at Walter Reed hospital? Isn't that where they also treat those loser soldiers that manage to get wounded?

There are a bunch of conspiracies in here about that. Occam's razor  - the facilities exist for exactly this reason, why wouldnt you go just in case.
Right but he didn’t say that. He was making a bunch of awkward excuses for why he went that don’t make sense, and he was fumbling with it.  If he just came out and said “hey, I feel great, I came here just in case I took a turn for the worse, but I’m getting excellent treatment and making good progress,” I wouldn’t think more of it. He just seemed to be trying too hard to justify why he went. 

I'll say it again.... they ONLY go off white house grounds for things they arent equipped to handle. That's been secret service protocol for decades and it's for national security reasons. If you want to go with most logical explanations it's because it was serious enough that they didn't believe they could handle it at the white house

Yea, Obama or any other President would probably be out playing golf or something.
Huh? 

Believe me, I'm well aware how bad covid can be. But I also know criteria for hospitalization, and the way VIPs are treated differently, often to their detriment.

I'll say it again.... they ONLY go off white house grounds for things they arent equipped to handle. That's been secret service protocol for decades and it's for national security reasons. If you want to go with most logical explanations it's because it was serious enough that they didn't believe they could handle it at the white house
It's the deadliest virus ever that we dont have an vaccine or fool proof theropudic for.   Why wouldnt you go to the suite.  

Yes that part was very nice. I meant the parts where he is explaining why he went to the hospital. He’s sort of like well I couldn’t hide in a room in the White House and not see people (is he getting to hang out with a bunch of folks at the hospital??). He had to be strong and fight the problem head on. So he went to the hospital. 

This was a strange, nonsensical spin. He needs to be a leader and confront this thing, so he left the White House and went to a hospital. 

That said, even though I can’t stand this man, it was a relief to see him speaking and even joking a bit, looking pretty good under the circumstances. I feel much better about this situation now, having seen this.  

I also think it's possible Trump requested the transfer, because he was nervous about his condition and believes they could/would do more at WRAMC.  Either way, if you believe the physician briefing, there's no good reason he stay there with essentially normal vital signs.

Right but he didn’t say that. He was making a bunch of awkward excuses for why he went that don’t make sense, and he was fumbling with it.  If he just came out and said “hey, I feel great, I came here just in case I took a turn for the worse, but I’m getting excellent treatment and making good progress,” I wouldn’t think more of it. He just seemed to be trying too hard to justify why he went. 
You never heard President Trump speak before? He never makes a clear and concise point.

It's the deadliest virus ever that we dont have an vaccine or fool proof theropudic for.   Why wouldnt you go to the suite.  
Ignoring the hyperbole of your first sentence, he would stay at the White House because he can get all the same care in the White House.

Trump doesn't seem to be that kind of guy; wanting to leave his home for a hospital.  He's an admitted germaphobe.

He's only going if A) there's something wrong that they can't handle at the WH or B) there's the potential for something seriously wrong that the WH can't handle and his Doctors/Publicists convinced him that it looks better to go now on his feet than maybe in a couple of days on a gurney.  

Well,  hyperbole aside (not close to the deadliest ever) every individual reacts differently..... some don't even know they have it. there is no reason to violate protocol if they don't have to. The symptoms would drive the decisions,  not the mere fact he had it. 

If they are equal care facilities then why was everyone saying it must be serious since he chose one over the other? 
This is the point i made earlier. The move to the care facility is telling us they didn't believe they could give him equal care which speaks at some level to seriousness of symptoms. 

If he came out and made a succinct, sensible statement I’d assume it was a deepfake or something. A rambling incoherent statement means he’s fine (relatively speaking). 

Trump doesn't seem to be that kind of guy; wanting to leave his home for a hospital.  He's an admitted germaphobe.

He's only going if A) there's something wrong that they can't handle at the WH or B) there's the potential for something seriously wrong that the WH can't handle and his Doctors/Publicists convinced him that it looks better to go now on his feet than maybe in a couple of days on a gurney.  
I thought I had read that some years ago.  That makes his handling of this pandemic that much more bizarre to me.  You would think it would have been the exact opposite.

Well,  hyperbole aside (not close to the deadliest ever) every individual reacts differently..... some don't even know they have it. there is no reason to violate protocol if they don't have to. The symptoms would drive the decisions,  not the mere fact he had it. 
Most people, but he’s the leader of the free world. Since we’ve heard from the DRs and Trump it appears they were just playing it safe.  

If they are equal care facilities then why was everyone saying it must be serious since he chose one over the other? 
They aren't "equal care facilities" - it is this very reason people assumed his condition must be serious.

To simplify: The White House can provide almost all routine supportive care for mild and even moderate cases of covid. Only when the severity of disease worsens, with potential for progression to respiratory failure, for example, would transfer be necessary.

This is the point i made earlier. The move to the care facility is telling us they didn't believe they could give him equal care which speaks at some level to seriousness of symptoms. 
I'm not a conspiracy guy at all. I'd like to think that for once (IMHO) they simply made the safe and careful call. No matter anyone's opinion on this President, a sick, harmed, hurt or dying President of the United States is not a good thing. Ever.

They aren't "equal care facilities" - it is this very reason people assumed his condition must be serious.

To simplify: The White House can provide almost all routine supportive care for mild and even moderate cases of covid. Only when the severity of disease worsens, with potential for progression to respiratory failure, for example, would transfer be necessary.
Right, like I said, playing it safe, a pandemic virus where he is in a high risk category . Good to know everything is going to be ok.  :thumbup:

I'm not a conspiracy guy at all. I'd like to think that for once (IMHO) they simply made the safe and careful call. No matter anyone's opinion on this President, a sick, harmed, hurt or dying President of the United States is not a good thing. Ever.
I agree

There is a strong correlation between conspiracy theories and my eye roll instinct. Facts first - then analyze. Starting with the conclusion then working backwards explains so many of our problems that will never be reconciled. 

I’m pretty anti-Trump. I personally think his presidency is terrible for our country. I will never vote for him. 

Having said that - I’m glad he looked ok in that video. I want him to recover, be completely healthy and lose the election and leave office peacefully and in strong health. It is very bad to have a sitting US president incapacitated in any way. 

You never heard President Trump speak before? He never makes a clear and concise point.
Right if this was Obama who was always well spoken and clear delivering a "Coronavirus or whatever" , there would be reason for concern. With Trump, it is normal. It would actually have been more concerning if he was clearly just reading a script.

Most people, but he’s the leader of the free world. Since we’ve heard from the DRs and Trump it appears they were just playing it safe.
In all likelihood it’s both, he’s high risk and this is a dangerous sickness for someone his age, he’s having some decent symptoms and it’s better to be safe and go there in case it gets worse. He’s clearly not on the mild road with Covid as many can be, but at this point it seems pretty clear he not “critical”.  

From what I’m reading days 5 to 7 seem to be the most common for severe symptoms.  Hopeful he avoids that period without any major issues.  

In all likelihood it’s both, he’s high risk and this is a dangerous sickness for someone his age, he’s having some decent symptoms and it’s better to be safe and go there in case it gets worse. He’s clearly not on the mild road with Covid as many can be, but at this point it seems pretty clear he not “critical”.  

From what I’m reading days 5 to 7 seem to be the most common for severe symptoms.  Hopeful he avoids that period without any major issues.  
Gillette's Razor would predict this as the most logical explanation. 

Users who are viewing this thread