Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Trump/White House Covid positive thread

gianmarco

7 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

As far as DJT's concerned they knew what they signed up for.

Is that how it works? I honestly don’t know. I just assumed they get assigned to presidents and didn’t have much of a choice.

8 hours ago, jerseydevil20 said:

What if everyone in the vehicle had Covid? What if those agents were recovered?  What if they volunteered?  But by all means let’s see what some political hack/expert thinks that hates the President. 

Right, we are all speculating on all of this because we don’t know the facts. We aren’t in the room.

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Also there’s some tweets about the medication he’s on and there are significant psychological side effects. He really shouldn’t be allowed to make decisions right now. I hope they are fully monitoring his state of mind. His actions so far are troublesome. Signing blank pieces of paper, risking secret service health so drive around and waive at people. 

Meh...... none of this is new. It's just different flavor of what we've seen before. Remember all the blank stacks of paper at the press conference and gasing the people for the picture?  

9 hours ago, jerseydevil20 said:

What if everyone in the vehicle had Covid? What if those agents were recovered?  What if they volunteered?  But by all means let’s see what some political hack/expert thinks that hates the President. 

This is the most rational position one could take on this honestly. We need to stop and think about that for a second

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Commish said:

Meh...... none of this is new. It's just different flavor of what we've seen before. Remember all the blank stacks of paper at the press conference and gasing the people for the picture?  

Yeah for sure. The Secret Service ride seems like a new one though. But I guess you are right that ignoring medical experts has also been par for the Trump course. The risk he put those agents in just really passed me off. 

Edited by Ilov80s

1 minute ago, The Commish said:

This is the most rational position one could take on this honestly. We need to stop and think about that for a second

Is it? If the agents have COVID why are they at work? Why even put agents in the situation to feel pressure to volunteer for the job? 

9 hours ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

As far as DJT's concerned they knew what they signed up for.

Not really.... most of them were on staff before trump was even a thought as an option. Many aren't happy that they have to take a bullet for him if required but they will

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Not really.... most of them were on staff before trump was even a thought as an option. Many aren't happy that they have to take a bullet for him if required but they will

But shouldn’t have to risk taking one from him.  And thats what this was...if he infects them, its not taking a bullet for him...he is doing it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

I get the idea of showing people the President is ok. Why not walk out like the doctors did and wave in front of the hospital? The ride leaves me with more questions than answers.

Do we know that politics was the main motivator?  I think Trump was tired of being cooped up and just wanted to go for a ride and see his fans.  

• Laughing 3

Is it? If the agents have COVID why are they at work? Why even put agents in the situation to feel pressure to volunteer for the job? 

You need to read my statement again and understand it.  I know for a fact a few of them are working through having the virus.  Why?  Because they don't have the trained bodies to have the luxury of letting them get better.  It's a ####ty situation, but they are dealing with it.  I don't know what you are asking in your second question.  They take marching orders in the SS just like the military.  If you're told to protect the President and are trained to do so, you do it.  That's your assignment.

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

But shouldn’t have to risk taking one from him.  And thats what this was...if he infects them, its not taking a bullet for him...he is doing it...

I don't know what you're saying here.  They are assigned tasks to be done and they will faithfully do them regardless of how ####ty a situation the President puts them in.  Everyday they realize the possibility of having to take a bullet.  Is he completely disrespectful of their personal positions?  Probably.  That shouldn't be news.  We see that daily.  He cares about no one but himself.  Why do people think the SS is any different?

The risk he put those agents in just really passed me off. 

Me too....have a really good friend that's been working his detail on and off for the last 3 years.  Fortunately for him, he's not been on President's detail a lot lately.

6 minutes ago, belljr said:

The photo op signing documents is hilarious.

I can't believe people fall for that stuff.

And I know its not just Trump that does it, although his are a bit more comical

Same with the video edit, and countless other obvious, comical gaffes.

Not particularly smart people, thinking they are smarter than everyone else.  That's how you get incredibly dumb moves like this.  There's no other explanation.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Commish said:

You need to read my statement again and understand it.  I know for a fact a few of them are working through having the virus.  Why?  Because they don't have the trained bodies to have the luxury of letting them get better.  It's a ####ty situation, but they are dealing with it

This is inexcusable!   

16 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I don't know what you are asking in your second question.  They take marching orders in the SS just like the military.  If you're told to protect the President and are trained to do so, you do it.  That's your assignment.

Their assignment is not to have he president himself firing shots at them.  Whether bullets or small airborne particles.

ETA- Or fellow Secret Service officers.

Edited by Bottomfeeder Sports

17 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

I think Trump was tired of being cooped up and just wanted to go for a ride and see his fans.  

Pretty much. And here’s the rub: hopefully the news is true that he is feeling better. But even if he is feeling better, he’s supposed to be in quarantine for at least 2 weeks, whether he leaves the hospital or not. Does anyone expect Trump to abide by this? I can almost guarantee that he’s going to put a whole lot more people at risk in the next several days. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Do we know that politics was the main motivator?  I think Trump was tired of being cooped up and just wanted to go for a ride and see his fans.  

That’s an even worse reason obviously. 

Edited by Ilov80s

31 minutes ago, The Commish said:

You need to read my statement again and understand it.  I know for a fact a few of them are working through having the virus.  Why?  Because they don't have the trained bodies to have the luxury of letting them get better.  It's a ####ty situation, but they are dealing with it.  I don't know what you are asking in your second question.  They take marching orders in the SS just like the military.  If you're told to protect the President and are trained to do so, you do it.  That's your assignment.

You said

“This is the most rational position one could take on this honestly. We need to stop and think about that for a second.”

I didn’t know you had inside knowledge of the staffing issues at Secret Service that don’t allow for sick staff to have days off. That could obviously be a factor. How did you get that info, its very interesting. I get they take their orders from the President but it seemed very high risk, low reward and was potentially a very awful thing to do to those protecting you. Also a poor example to set for others. My comment about putting them in that position was from the post you quoted as being rational that said maybe those agents volunteered for the car ride. It’s a crappy thing to take volunteers for- especially if there’s is pressure to volunteer for it.

Edited by Ilov80s

37 minutes ago, belljr said:

The photo op signing documents is hilarious.

I can't believe people fall for that stuff.

And I know its not just Trump that does it, although his are a bit more comical

Remember when he had all those folders of blank pages because he was "divesting his investments." That was funny.

43 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

You said

“This is the most rational position one could take on this honestly. We need to stop and think about that for a second.”

I didn’t know you had inside knowledge of the staffing issues at Secret Service that don’t allow for sick staff to have days off. That could obviously be a factor. How did you get that info, its very interesting. I get they take their orders from the President but it seemed very high risk, low reward and was potentially a very awful thing to do to those protecting you. Also a poor example to set for others. My comment about putting them in that position was from the post you quoted as being rational that said maybe those agents volunteered for the car ride. It’s a crappy thing to take volunteers for- especially if there’s is pressure to volunteer for it.

I guess my coyness here was missed.  My point is, if that original comment is the most rational he can come up with, that's a problem, not a good thing.  That crappy framing of the situation is the best that can be done.  That's a problem...to be clear...that is a PROBLEM.  I have a good friend that has been in the SS since the Bush Sr years.  He was living the life on Pappa Bush's staff until he passed away.  He tells me a little bit.  I'd hardly call it "inside knowledge"...far from it.  The responsibility these guys carry around is immense and it's amazing at how good they are at their jobs.

Edited by The Commish
  • Love 1

You guys seem to think I am defending this.  I'm absolutely NOT defending it.  I'm saying it's a ####ty situation and the President has to be really selfish to put them in this situation, but they are accustomed to being put in ####ty situations because of selfishness unfortunately

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I guess my coyness here was missed.  My point is, if that original comment is the most rational he can come up with, that's a problem, not a good thing.  That crappy framing of the situation is the best that can be done.  That's a problem...to be clear...that is a PROBLEM.  I have a good friend that has been in the SS since the Bush Sr years.  He was living the life on Pappa Bush's staff until he passed away.  He tells me a little bit.  I'd hardly call it "inside knowledge"...far from it.  The responsibility these guys carry around is immense and it's amazing at how good they are at their jobs.

Sorry I think we were just not on the same page, it’s early on a Monday so I’m not my best lol. Sorry to confuse the situation. I’m just trying to figure out what in the world is going on.

Edited by Ilov80s

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Sorry I think we were just not on the same page, it’s early on a Monday so I’m not my best lol. Sorry to confuse the situation. I’m just trying to figure out what in the world is going on.

No problem GB.  Here's a summary.  It was a stupid, selfish publicity stunt that put the Secret Service (and whoever else was in the vehicle with him) at risk of catching COVID.  This isn't the first time he's put them at risk and it's not going to be the last.  The secret service is doing all they can to keep the details staffed.  That's reality.  The best possible spin to this is "maybe they all have COVID and are just having a COVID party".  That's where we're at.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Commish said:

No problem GB.  Here's a summary.  It was a stupid, selfish publicity stunt that put the Secret Service (and whoever else was in the vehicle with him) at risk of catching COVID.  This isn't the first time he's put them at risk and it's not going to be the last.  The secret service is doing all they can to keep the details staffed.  That's reality.  The best possible spin to this is "maybe they all have COVID and are just having a COVID party".  That's where we're at.

And I stand by that the "best possible spin" is still inexcusable.  This is not in any way a disparaging remark towards the secret service, especially those that serve in these details.  And it doesn't mean you are calling it acceptable in any way.  

If Trump wins re-elections and the democrats held the House and I was somehow in charge this event would be worthy of hearings to express the nation's disapproval.    

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Pretty much. And here’s the rub: hopefully the news is true that he is feeling better. But even if he is feeling better, he’s supposed to be in quarantine for at least 2 weeks, whether he leaves the hospital or not. Does anyone expect Trump to abide by this? I can almost guarantee that he’s going to put a whole lot more people at risk in the next several days. 

meh, he's just trying to experiment with his herd "mentality" theory

18 minutes ago, tonydead said:

You guys are talking about the SS that were in full-on hazmat suits?  I think they will be just fine.

1,000+ front line healthcare workers are dead wearing that stuff too but whatevs. 

Edited by Jackstraw
Spelling
  • Sad 2

Everyone in the Biden campaign needs to keep their eye on the ball.

That joyride isn't going to move the needle.  People who don't care if you mock a handicapped man aren't going to be worried if you endanger some 'faceless' Secret Service guy (all due respect to these men and women, sacrificing more than I ever will). The photo op is a nice way for progressives to laugh at continued ineptitude, but no one's vote is being changed.

If there IS a town hall debate, Biden needs to hammer the lack of contact tracing after the Bedminster fundraiser.  Talking points:

• The administration knew, and didn't warn anyone, didn't ask anyone to take precautions.
  • Once the positive test was known, the administration didn't reach out to to governors of Ohio, New Jersey, OR Minnesota. 
  • They made ZERO effort to contact trace until shamed into it by the media.
  • EVEN then, their efforts were substandard.
  • This is how they treated their wealthy donors!! How confident are you in their ability to protect the rest of us??

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MAC_32 said:

Then wait until there are facts.

We may never get the facts and also that kind of eliminates half the reason for a conversation. Why rank and debate fantasy players all summer when we could just wait to see how it all turns out in January? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

1,000+ front line healthcare workers are dead wearing that stuff too but whatevs. 

As a side note, I know the Beast has glass partitions and a completely separate oxygen system.  I assume these Suburban's have the same since they are normally utilized over seas in the most dangerous situations?  Maybe that's it!  He fooled us into thinking it was a joy ride when really he was getting some oxygen therapy.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, tonydead said:

You guys are talking about the SS that were in full-on hazmat suits?  I think they will be just fine.

From what I’ve read, the close proximity to the President, the closed in space of the car and the recycled air makes it still a risk no matter how much ppe those guys were wearing. And it was an unnecessary risk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

As a side note, I know the Beast has glass partitions and a completely separate oxygen system.  I assume these Suburban's have the same since they are normally utilized over seas in the most dangerous situations?  Maybe that's it!  He fooled us into thinking it was a joy ride when really he was getting some oxygen therapy.

It is very possible there’s separate air for different parts of the car. The agents had masks on but I didn’t see “hazmat suits”. You think the administration would issue an explanation letting the public know the agents were not in danger for whatever reasons. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, massraider said:

Everyone in the Biden campaign needs to keep their eye on the ball.

That joyride isn't going to move the needle.  People who don't care if you mock a handicapped man aren't going to be worried if you endanger some 'faceless' Secret Service guy (all due respect to these men and women, sacrificing more than I ever will). The photo op is a nice way for progressives to laugh at continued ineptitude, but no one's vote is being changed.

If there IS a town hall debate, Biden needs to hammer the lack of contact tracing after the Bedminster fundraiser.  Talking points:

• The administration knew, and didn't warn anyone, didn't ask anyone to take precautions.
  • Once the positive test was known, the administration didn't reach out to to governors of Ohio, New Jersey, OR Minnesota. 
  • They made ZERO effort to contact trace until shamed into it by the media.
  • EVEN then, their efforts were substandard.
  • This is how they treated their wealthy donors!! How confident are you in their ability to protect the rest of us??

Biden needs to have 6 empty seats in the front row that he reserved for invited members from the Bedminster trip.

Unfortunately "they could not attend BECAUSE THEY ARE QUARANTINING!  Why, Mr. President, didn't YOU quarantine?"

Edited by Morton Muffley
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

From what I’ve read, the close proximity to the President, the closed in space of the car and the recycled air makes it still a risk no matter how much ppe those guys were wearing. And it was an unnecessary risk. 

They pick up on the hermetically sealed part and forget the rest.

5 minutes ago, tonydead said:

23 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Great - did Trump give people the same choice this week?

What about the other people that you were in contact with - ie employees at the club?  Were they and the club OK with it?

All that said, would you have acted differently if you were positive for COVID?  Because that is an extra level and it was we are talking about Trump doing this week.

I don't know if Trump did or not - i don't know if Trump was symptomatic

just remember, only 99.96 % of us make it out of covid alive

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

It is very possible there’s separate air for different parts of the car. The agents had masks on but I didn’t see “hazmat suits”. You think the administration would issue an explanation letting the public know the agents were not in danger for whatever reasons. 

They would spend all day releasing statements to refute every single conspiracy theory going.  I'm guessing presidential SUVs are one of the most isolated places to be, including the hospital.

PS. He's going to have to have SS with him when he travels home today, so, they probably have the travel situations all figured out.

4 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I don't know if they were masked or not.  I don't know if they were in hazmat suits or not.  I do know they've been asked multiple times to forego masks.  As the problems have gotten worse, they have consistently told him to pound sand on that ask.  

Link.  You might not recognize them with all the PPE, but, just look for the trademark earpiece.  

19 hours ago, song said:

see, that's the thing, you don't know that.  you can't know that.

because people can be asymptomatic and spread the disease, you can't know that.

so maybe you and the adult men you played with were never symptomatic, and maybe no one in your families or circles of friends, or coworkers was ever symptomatic that you knew of, but maybe someone one of you adult men encountered at the grocery store got sick. maybe they worked at a nursing home.

by now you and the guys you played with have perhaps unknowingly intersected with the lives of hundreds who have intersected with the lives of thousands.

so i don't know, maybe nobody ever got covid19 from that, maybe nobody has it now from that, maybe no one has died or will die.

but you don't know either.  i think it's good for everyone to recognize that, and allow that to inform one's behavior .

what would you want the world to do ?  completely isolate for months until a vaccine might be found ?

look, when the vast majority of people dying WITH covid are over 60 years and have medical issues already .... and knowing that false positive tests are very common ......... i'm not going to be a recluse and freak out and see the world destroyed from a fear of this virus

i've said since the beginning I'm not really concerned about it ... that others are is the only reason I wear a mask when I'm out and about and that's a false sense of protection that they find comfort in and whatever, its not a lot for me to do ..... but I'm not going to live in a world of fear

ya'll an do that, I'm not. I don't want to die but I'm ok with dying. Most people are not

I captured CNN headline news the other day and it says 

Trump positive virus test creates fresh upheaval

Trump diagnosis throws election into chaos and threatens a governing crisis

most dangerous moment the US government has ever faced

that's fear mongering, that's division, that's hate, that's creating choas and its all political and its sick

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stealthycat said:

that's fear mongering, that's division, that's hate, that's creating choas and its all political and its sick

IF YOU WANT A MASSIVE TAX INCREASE, THE BIGGEST IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY (AND ONE THAT WILL SHUT OUR ECONOMY AND JOBS DOWN), VOTE DEMOCRAT!!!

STOCK MARKET HIGHS. VOTE!

STRONGEST EVER MILITARY. VOTE!

LAW & ORDER. VOTE!

RELIGIOUS LIBERTY. VOTE!

BIGGEST TAX CUT EVER, AND ANOTHER ONE COMING. VOTE!

401(K). VOTE!

BEST V.A. EVER. 91% APPROVAL RATING. VOTE!

SPACE FORCE. VOTE!

MASSIVE REGULATION CUTS. VOTE!

PRO LIFE! VOTE!

BETTER & CHEAPER HEALTHCARE. VOTE!

PROTECT PREEXISTING CONDITIONS. VOTE!

FIGHT THE CORRUPT FAKE NEWS MEDIA. VOTE!

SAVE OUR SECOND AMENDMENT. VOTE!

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH (BRING OUR SOLDIERS HOME). VOTE!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

They would spend all day releasing statements to refute every single conspiracy theory going.  I'm guessing presidential SUVs are one of the most isolated places to be, including the hospital.

PS. He's going to have to have SS with him when he travels home today, so, they probably have the travel situations all figured out.

That’s kind of their job though. That’s why you have a huge media staff as President. I get the criticism of him is at a level we’ve never seen but the President is hospitalized with a deadly virus during a pandemic. Now would be the time to present an organized and clear front on how he and those around him are being kept safe. Crazy he’s going back already. Is quarantining in the WH now?

2 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

Yes but Fox is guilty of and OAN and MSNBC and every major media outlet since the invention of written word. It’s unfortunate but it’s something we all are kind of stuck with because it’s what appeals to our brains.