Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Trump/White House Covid positive thread

gianmarco

On 10/4/2020 at 9:51 AM, timschochet said:

Right. I wasn’t claiming that those people don’t exist. I was just making the point that they’re not around in this forum. 
@Joe Bryant yesterday you expressed some frustration about this forum. IMO you should be proud of it. You have no idea how much better the conversation is here than just about anywhere else on the Internet. The internet is really an ugly place these days. 

Not really. Mostly discouraged by the forum. Especially considering the work we put into it.

The President of the United States is in the hospital with what I consider a serious virus and still lots of the talk is "OMG they clearly edited out a cough from the video" or laughing at the doctor briefing  or  :lmao: at free shipping for a Trump commemorative coin.  Plus tons of comments that are way over the line and deleted that most don't see. Super discouraged with most all of it. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

I don't know if Trump did or not - i don't know if Trump was symptomatic

just remember, only 99.96 % of us make it out of covid alive

I love that you have started to say this.  I guess it makes it sound better than saying 210,000 deaths right?   

Of course, that is so far and it's not like we are out of the woods (ie - WI is getting lit up again).   It also downplays anybody that was really sick, and/or might have long term health consequences from covid.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Not really. Mostly discouraged by the forum. Especially considering the work we put into it.

The President of the United States is in the hospital with what I consider a serious virus and still lots of the talk is "OMG they clearly edited out a cough from the video" or laughing at the doctor briefing  or  :lmao: at free shipping for a Trump commemorative coin.  Plus tons of comments that are way over the line and deleted that most don't see. Super discouraged with most all of it. 

Serious question,

Do you think any  President should ever release an edited video and it should  be called out on it?  No matter who the president is that reeks of propaganda.  It is ridiculous no matter who is in charge.  Top government officials should not be posting, tweeting doctored photos or videos, I don't care what party affiliation they have

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Editing a video to make him appear healthier than he is may have been intentionally misleading and a serious point worth discussing IMO.

Edited by squistion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Link.  You might not recognize them with all the PPE, but, just look for the trademark earpiece.  

So NOT hazmat suits...torn PPE and N95 masks with a big hole in the middle of them.  This is the stuff they've been having to reuse for several weeks at a time.  Oddly enough, I do know the guy (well, have met him a couple times) in the front seat  :lol: 

And I should be clear, I don't think this is the end of the world, especially when Donnie is finally wearing a mask, but there is no arguing that this isn't a completely pointless "exposure" risk for a group already struggling to keep teams fully staffed because of previous asks resulting in exposures and sickness.  However, I completely expect it and so do they (secret service).  They are the unsung heroes of our entire national security strategy despite the roadblocks and bad choices being thrown at them.  

I'll say again, at least he's wearing a mask now.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, The Commish said:

So NOT hazmat suits...torn PPE and N95 masks with a big hole in the middle of them.  This is the stuff they've been having to reuse for several weeks at a time.  Oddly enough, I do know the guy (well, have met him a couple times) in the front seat  :lol: 

And I should be clear, I don't think this is the end of the world, especially when Donnie is finally wearing a mask, but there is no arguing that this isn't a completely pointless "exposure" risk for a group already struggling to keep teams fully staffed because of previous asks resulting in exposures and sickness.  However, I completely expect it and so do they (secret service).  They are the unsung heroes of our entire national security strategy despite the roadblocks and bad choices being thrown at them.  

I'll say again, at least he's wearing a mask now.

40 minutes ago, tonydead said:

As a side note, I know the Beast has glass partitions and a completely separate oxygen system.  I assume these Suburban's have the same since they are normally utilized over seas in the most dangerous situations?  Maybe that's it!  He fooled us into thinking it was a joy ride when really he was getting some oxygen therapy.

27 minutes ago, tonydead said:

They would spend all day releasing statements to refute every single conspiracy theory going.  I'm guessing presidential SUVs are one of the most isolated places to be, including the hospital.

PS. He's going to have to have SS with him when he travels home today, so, they probably have the travel situations all figured out.

32 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

What? You really believe that 1 in 6 Americans have been infected with COVID19? 

So the lead doctor said Saturday that the next 7-10 days are crucial in DJT's treatment and recovery. Sunday he said they thought Trump was much better and potentially could leave on Monday. Today the WH reiterated that the expectation is he will be released today. How does the medical team go from the next 7-10 days are crucial to he can leave in 2 days?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Spoke to reporters with no mask yesterday. 

Awesome administration.

Link?

"No reporters, producers or members of the press are listed as close contacts."

5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Worked all weekend at the WH too despite having been informed she was exposed to Hope Hicks. Unreal.

She apparently tested negative Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

So the lead doctor said Saturday that the next 7-10 days are crucial in DJT's treatment and recovery. Sunday he said they thought Trump was much better and potentially could leave on Monday. Today the WH reiterated that the expectation is he will be released today. How does the medical team go from the next 7-10 days are crucial to he can leave in 2 days?

Very simply, political pressure from the leader of our country.   Not really that complicated.  

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

Can't see how close anyone else is. 

How about the woman she was walking right next to?

Whatever - you can defend her all you want. I don't care. 

This administration has been reckless and tried to cover all of it up. Its a disgrace. But hopefully we only have to put up with them until January 20, 2021.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trump campaign spokesperson Erin Perrine on Fox News today:

"Listen, he has experience as commander-in-chief, he has experience as a businessman, he has experience, now, fighting the coronavirus as an individual. Those firsthand experiences: Joe Biden, he doesn’t have those.”

🤦‍♂️

• Laughing 8
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

How is this relevant? She was exposed to multiple positive people, no? Doesn't that require quarantine regardless of test results?

I hate to keep bringing up New Zealand, but that exposure would mean a quarantine in New Zealand. The exposure is the event. Not the positive test. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, dkp993 said:

Very simply, political pressure from the leader of our country.   Not really that complicated.  

Oh, I understand what happened, but the WH should have done a better job coaching up the doctor. He probably should have stuck to vague and ambiguous statements all along, provided no specifics or details, and cited HIPPA or privacy concerns for not saying more. Then he could have stated that the president was feeling / doing much better and was getting sent home. They probably should have got a "consulting physician" as part of the team to be the speaker for the group that was much more a politician than a doctor (and had experience dodging the media's questions). The press probably would have been skeptical, but they wouldn't have the ammunition they have now to scream conspiracy / cover up / etc. that they do know.

16 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Link?

"No reporters, producers or members of the press are listed as close contacts."

Doesn’t the CDC says to quarantine though as it takes time for virus load and symptoms to develop. Maybe she didn’t have contact with anyone less than 6 feet for more than 15 minutes but considering we are talking about the WH, I would expect them to be as cautious as possible.

Edited by Ilov80s

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

We may never get the facts and also that kind of eliminates half the reason for a conversation. Why rank and debate fantasy players all summer when we could just wait to see how it all turns out in January? 

If we don't get any additional information then I think it's appropriate to judge this for what it is. When there is not the benefit of time I think it's appropriate to react to potentially incomplete information. But when we have the benefit of time? The rush to judgment is a battle I have picked for years. And will continue to pick until we correct course (which we won't). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

"Listen, he has experience as commander-in-chief, he has experience as a businessman, he has experience, now, fighting the coronavirus as an individual. Those firsthand experiences: Joe Biden, he doesn’t have those.”

🤦‍♂️

:mellow:

Um, no Joe doesn't have that firsthand experience.

11 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

🤦‍♂️

Only with todays GOP is it a negative to follow guidelines, keep yourself safe and NOT contact COVID!  SMH...

Edited by yak651

23 minutes ago, rcam said:
58 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

7 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:
23 minutes ago, rcam said:

Huh?

According to worldofmeters 214,694 Americans have died of COVID19. Stealthycat said 99.96% live through COVID19. For that to be true, 214694/.004 = # of Americans that have to have been infected with an outcome (recovered or dead). This means 53,673,500 Americans need to have been infected with an outcome. Again, according to worldofmeters, there are 331,510,437 people in America. So, 53673500/331510437 = 16.19% of Americans infected with outcome which equates to 1 out of 6.18 in the US have been infected with outcome. I don't think we are anywhere close to 1 out of 6 people in the US being infected ergo 99.96 making it out alive is BS.

25 minutes ago, tonydead said:
33 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Worked all weekend at the WH too despite having been informed she was exposed to Hope Hicks. Unreal.

With all the information we have now about COVID and the length of possible incubation time it’s extremely reckless.  In my business (and many many many others) she wouldn’t have been allowed back to work yet.  It’s not hard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:
On 10/4/2020 at 9:51 AM, timschochet said:

Right. I wasn’t claiming that those people don’t exist. I was just making the point that they’re not around in this forum. 
@Joe Bryant yesterday you expressed some frustration about this forum. IMO you should be proud of it. You have no idea how much better the conversation is here than just about anywhere else on the Internet. The internet is really an ugly place these days. 

This is your forum and you are allowed to say whatever you want, but it seems like you are completely disregarding the president's inactions and actions that have contributed to the death of over 210,000 Americans; 2 of which are family members of mine and 1 other who was a long time friend.  People are furious at him for good reason.  

I want him to get healthy, but I still think he is doing idiotic things at the moment.  Even as he is in the hospital with this "serious virus" that he has downplayed for 8 months!  

I refuse to give him a pass at anything so close to the election! 

Edited by toshiba
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, toshiba said:

This is your forum and you are allowed to say whatever you want, but it seems like you are completely disregarding the president's inactions and actions that have contribuited to the death of over 210,000 Americans; 2 of which are family members of mine and 1 other who was a long time friend People are furious at him for good reason.  

I want him to get healthy, but I still think he is doing idiotic things at the moment.  Even as he is in the hospital with this "serious virus" that he has downplayed for 8 months!

Sorry you have to experience this too like so many of us.  You're right, it makes me furious.  

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Honest mistake.  Like going to get your hair done without a mask and then blaming the business owner, amirite?  Bof Sidez!!!

Yes this analogy would be spot on if Nancy had knowingly been surrounded for the days leading up to her nail salon visit by people who tested positive.   Was she?  If not then this doesn’t work at all.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Doesn’t the CDC says to quarantine though as it takes time for virus load and symptoms to develop. Maybe she didn’t have contact with anyone less than 6 feet for more than 15 minutes but considering we are talking about the WH, I would expect them to be as cautious as possible.

Logically, you contract COVID before you can test positive.  Does anyone know if you can transmit the disease before a positive test?  Obviously, it depends on testing frequency.

Assume someone COVID positive coughs on you at noon on Monday, and you are tested for COVID every day at 7:00AM. It takes time to (a) be contagious (b) be detectable (c) present symptoms (d) physically take a test.  Neglecting (d), what order do (a), (b), & (c) happen?   We know there is pre-symptomatic transmission so (c) is likely last.  for sake of discussion, lets pretend (a) and (b) occur simultaneous and occur 24 hours after infection.

Now, on Tuesday morning you take a test - negative.  Good to go, as you are 19 hours from exposure.  But by noon, the virus progresses to the point where you are shedding enough to be contagious.  And, you aren't scheduled to be checked again until 7:00 the following day.  You are basically walking around for 1/2 the day infecting everyone.    This is why it's important to quarantine after exposure - unless you are testing on an almost continual basis, you are guaranteed to be contagious before a test pings positive.

The hole in the logic is if (a) occurs well after (b).  I don't know that.  I suppose it depends on how sensitive the tests are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:
27 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Drip Drip Drip. How many people has she continued to infect in the WH.

Legitimately putting national security at risk. 

Honest mistake.  Like going to get your hair done without a mask and then blaming the business owner, amirite?  Bof Sidez!!!

I was furious at Pelosi when she did that and said so much here.  But many on Trump's side will continue to deflect and point fingers.  No responsibility at all.

• Like 1

It’s unreal to me that things have become so politicized and left versus right that we can’t even agree that if someone has been exposed to one of the most contagious diseases of our lifetimes but they shouldn’t be working and around other people.  Even this seems to need to be defended just because they’re on one side. WTF man.  

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

It’s unreal to me that things have become so politicized and left versus right that we can’t even agree that if someone has been exposed to one of the most contagious diseases of our lifetimes but they shouldn’t be working and around other people.  Even this seems to need to be defended just because they’re on one side. WTF man.  

And those of us who say this out will be chastised here for pointing out things like this while the president is in the hospital.  UNREAL!

Edited by toshiba
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Beast's system is a passive system and isn't constantly running.  It automatically turns on in certain cases and can be turned on by the operator should they deem it necessary.  I don't know about the Suburbans for overseas.  I also know the SS considers the US far less secured than anything they do overseas and significantly more dangerous (sans a couple specific countries).  

And I want to be sure people understand my point.  I get that the SS has to travel with him, that's their job and they have procedures they've laid out that the President is required to follow (now).  However, that doesn't make it "ok" for these random publicity jaunts.  All the precautions in the world don't make things foolproof.  The best defense against this virus continues to be limited exposure and these little stunts are the opposite of that.  If he cared, at all, about the SS he'd understand that and not put them in that situation.  That's my point.  I know the SS will do everything in their power to protect themselves.  The President should be helping them do that by minimizing his exposure to them when at all possible...which is the opposite of what he's doing with these car rides.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, toshiba said:

I was furious at Pelosi when she did that and said so much here.  But many on Trump's side will continue to deflect and point fingers.  No responsibility at all.

Agreed. Pelosi was stupid and her attempts to shift blame were stupid. I’m not at all pleased with her leadership in general and that was a big strike against her.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rcam said:

According to worldofmeters 214,694 Americans have died of COVID19. Stealthycat said 99.96% live through COVID19. For that to be true, 214694/.004 = # of Americans that have to have been infected with an outcome (recovered or dead). This means 53,673,500 Americans need to have been infected with an outcome. Again, according to worldofmeters, there are 331,510,437 people in America. So, 53673500/331510437 = 16.19% of Americans infected with outcome which equates to 1 out of 6.18 in the US have been infected with outcome. I don't think we are anywhere close to 1 out of 6 people in the US being infected ergo 99.96 making it out alive is BS.

Knowing SC, I assumed he was just simply saying that 214K/330M = .06% death rate = 99%+ of us will live.  

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

that's fear mongering, that's division, that's hate, that's creating choas and its all political and its sick

no that's a platform and what they stand for 

CNN isn't a political party

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Yes but Fox is guilty of and OAN and MSNBC and every major media outlet since the invention of written word. It’s unfortunate but it’s something we all are kind of stuck with because it’s what appeals to our brains.

yes Foxnews is biased too

and I hate it but .... at this point the liberal spew is so toxic the demand for a counter to it has become Fox news

I've said it for weeks ... after the election in November the GOP needs to prepare right now to cheat as much as the DNC and "find" more ballots for Trump than the DNC will  'find" for Biden

that's where we are as a nation :(