What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump/White House Covid positive thread (1 Viewer)

I love that you have started to say this.  I guess it makes it sound better than saying 210,000 deaths right?   

Of course, that is so far and it's not like we are out of the woods (ie - WI is getting lit up again).   It also downplays anybody that was really sick, and/or might have long term health consequences from covid.  
210,000  deaths WITH covid ... not BECASUE of covid - you conveniently forgot that

people get sick and have health consequences from a lot of viruses and bacteria's

yes the deaths matter - its a pandemic of which hasn't been seen in decades .... you didn't think people wouldn't die did ya ? 

From twitter - 

Two of Kayleigh McEnany’s deputies in the press shop have now tested positive as well, CNN has confirmed.

--

So reckless.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
yes Foxnews is biased too

and I hate it but .... at this point the liberal spew is so toxic the demand for a counter to it has become Fox news

I've said it for weeks ... after the election in November the GOP needs to prepare right now to cheat as much as the DNC and "find" more ballots for Trump than the DNC will  'find" for Biden

that's where we are as a nation :(  
Cheat...find ballots?  Just fabricating fraud now to justify calling for the GOP to do it?

I once dated a girl who seemed to enjoy being belligerent with everyone around her. Always interrupting, shouting people down, and laughing at everyone's attempts to have civil conversation.

When things didn't go her way, she would cry and say "That's not fair!" She would demand apologies for the tiniest perceived slights. It didn't matter if the "slight" was relevant to a particular topic or not; all she cared about was getting you to show weakness. It was like a little game to her -- attack, retreat, play the victim card, then laugh in your face and start the process all over again.

Attempts to confront her were met with denial and more belligerent behavior. She would lie right to your face, telling you that what you saw didn't really happen. She'd accuse others of doing exactly what she had been accused of doing. Then she'd turn around and do it again, laughing at you for putting your guard down.

She thrived on the attention and the drama. And she enjoyed messing with the minds of everyone around her, especially those closest to her.

Anyway, eventually I realized that the best way to deal with her was to just ignore her. I had to stop feeding the narcissistic supply. It was tough at first, because she became angry and agitated and desperately tried to get people to pay attention to her. But I stuck to it, and my life is better for it.
Is this a fable about how the PSF should have acted about Trump? I get what you are saying and think you are right. Good lesson for next time I guess. 

What? You really believe that 1 in 6 Americans have been infected with COVID19? 
330,000,000 divided by 200,000 is ............ what % ?? 

I think a big part of our population has been exposed to covid - a small % have become a bit sick, a very small % have really gotten sick and a smaller % have died FROM it ... 

why ?

ITS A VIRUS ....... everybody will eventually either get it or their bodies will fight it off successfully

nobody in the next 12 months won't be exposed - that's an almost guarantee ..... that's how pandemics work 
Because she knew she had been exposed to others and then exposed more people.  Yes, that is reckless.

I captured CNN headline news the other day and it says 

Trump positive virus test creates fresh upheaval

Trump diagnosis throws election into chaos and threatens a governing crisis

most dangerous moment the US government has ever faced

that's fear mongering, that's division, that's hate, that's creating choas and its all political and its sick
Umm any POTUS contracting this would be called a dangerous moment.  It is.  Those headlines appear accurate (though hyperbolic on the most dangerous ever)

Because she knew she had been exposed to others and then exposed more people.  Yes, that is reckless.

why ?

ITS A VIRUS ....... everybody will eventually either get it or their bodies will fight it off successfully

nobody in the next 12 months won't be exposed - that's an almost guarantee ..... that's how pandemics work 
I think what this would be is a self fulfilling prophecy.   If you believe that everybody will get it, then there is less reason to attempt to take precautions to slow it down.  This is not far off from the line of thinking churches had and why they were still grouping together at the start of this.  

Basically it feels like we have said as a country F-it.  Doesn't matter the examples we see from the rest of the world on how to handle this or how few cases we could be seeing - our haircuts, bar visits, and raquetball game matters more.  

that's fear mongering, that's division, that's hate, that's creating choas and its all political and its sick
Yeah, sorry, none of that is hate. 

Perhaps Trump should put a tan suit on?

huh.  i actually agree with most of what you said there.   but, fair warning, i also agree with gianmarco's response to you.

the 2nd and third headlines you show are IMO false and dishonest, are fear mongering, divisive, political and sick.  hate, eh, i'm sure there's some of that, a lot of people hate trump, but for some i'll bet it's just, as you say, political, and/or they're just doing their job.

the 1st headline is just a statement of fact for many people, depending on how you want to define upheaval.  but it certainly lacks any sense of concern or compassion for trump.

so yeah, agreeing with you and gianmarco, i observe that much of our politics and culture are sick.  nothing new there, but trending badly right now.

somehow, a lot of the time, i can still look at us and smile, if a little sadly.

I just want to add to nothing in particular that which I thought was common knowledge.

1) Every day we are closer to a vaccine.

2) The medical experts have come A LONG way in the last 6 months on treating COVID.

I, therefore, would personally like to put off getting COVID as long as possible.

i would like to point out something that seems beyond dispute: the White Houses COVID mitigation and prevention plan has been an abject failure.  Clearly, whatever they were doing (or not doing) to keep the president, cabinet, staffers, and press safe did not work.

Btw, how is Mike Pence not quarantined at this point?

With all the positive cases from that ACB announcement, how is everyone that attended there not quarantining?

:lmao:  at free shipping for a Trump commemorative coin.
This could have been my post - since I don't see any others related - but I also deleted that post myself within minutes of posting it - so I don't know.   :shrug:

I will say what was funny - was not "free shipping for a Trump commemorative coin" - its that there was a "Trump Defeats Covid" commemorative coin sold through the White House Gift shop over the weekend.

AND, that one coin cost $100 - AND that the free shipping was only offered on orders over $100.

President Trump may or may not have a serious health condition - but that does not stop the world from being funny.  The two are not mutually exclusive.

(The reason I deleted the post - the White House Gift Shop is a private enterprise, not associated with the Trump Administration (or the government) - so while someone was trying to scam a quick buck, it was not Trump or his staff).  

i would like to point out something that seems beyond dispute: the White Houses COVID mitigation and prevention plan has been an abject failure.  Clearly, whatever they were doing (or not doing) to keep the president, cabinet, staffers, and press safe did not work.
When its a contest between the WH and Titans for poor Covid management, that isn’t good for the WH.

Kaitlan Collins@kaitlancollins

Two of Kayleigh McEnany’s deputies in the press shop have now tested positive as well, CNN has confirmed.

I think everyone in the West Wing should be self-isolating, and getting daily tests right now.  Its become a serious infestation. 

• Sad
This could have been my post - since I don't see any others related - but I also deleted that post myself within minutes of posting it - so I don't know.   :shrug:

I will say what was funny - was not "free shipping for a Trump commemorative coin" - its that there was a "Trump Defeats Covid" commemorative coin sold through the White House Gift shop over the weekend.

AND, that one coin cost $100 - AND that the free shipping was only offered on orders over $100.

President Trump may or may not have a serious health condition - but that does not stop the world from being funny.  The two are not mutually exclusive.

(The reason I deleted the post - the White House Gift Shop is a private enterprise, not associated with the Trump Administration (or the government) - so while someone was trying to scam a quick buck, it was not Trump or his staff).  
Well just buy 2 coins, problem solved!

As much as this speaks to information I would tend to believe, any chance you can source this before I ever repeat it?
I read it in a tweet few weeks ago. 

Check this:

https://time.com/5815367/coronavirus-deaths-comparison/

1918-19 flu pandemic killed 675,000.

Unless half of that happened in just a few months, it's impossible NOT to be correct. 

Wipes out more Americans faster than anything in any of our lifetimes, and we still have people peddling 99.96% yada yada yada. 

Secret service agents criticize SUV ride yesterday. 

I know, I know, they are saying this anonymously so it can't be true and doesn't count. Although how else would this be reported since they clearly aren't going to give their name. Such a dilemma on what to believe....

“He’s not even pretending to care now,” an agent who requested anonymity told The Washington Post.

"That should never have happened," another unidentified agent, who works in both the presidential and first family detail, told CNN. "The frustration with how we're treated when it comes to decisions on this illness goes back before this though. We're not disposable."

Last edited by a moderator:
210,000  deaths WITH covid ... not BECASUE of covid - you conveniently forgot that

people get sick and have health consequences from a lot of viruses and bacteria's

yes the deaths matter - its a pandemic of which hasn't been seen in decades .... you didn't think people wouldn't die did ya ? 
The real threat that NO ONE is addressing is COMPLETE ORGAN SHUTDOWN!  Why is no one talking about this silent killer?  Why are there no fundraisers to prevent COMPLETE ORGAN SHUTDOWN?  These people just don't get it.

• Sad
As much as this speaks to information I would tend to believe, any chance you can source this before I ever repeat it?
I read it in a tweet few weeks ago. 

Check this:

https://time.com/5815367/coronavirus-deaths-comparison/

1918-19 flu pandemic killed 675,000.

Unless half of that happened in just a few months, it's impossible NOT to be correct. 

Wipes out more Americans faster than anything in any of our lifetimes, and we still have people peddling 99.96% yada yada yada. 
Not sure I can buy that logic, nor repeat it.  The first year I looked at was 1933 and 1,342,106 Americans died.  That is an average of 100,000 per month.  I can see spikes and drops to put it near where we have been in the past 4 months of 2020.  I am not saying you are wrong, just it will require more work than shown.

No problem GB.  Here's a summary.  It was a stupid, selfish publicity stunt that put the Secret Service (and whoever else was in the vehicle with him) at risk of catching COVID.  This isn't the first time he's put them at risk and it's not going to be the last.  The secret service is doing all they can to keep the details staffed.  That's reality.  The best possible spin to this is "maybe they all have COVID and are just having a COVID party".  That's where we're at.
They’re definitely NOT having a covid party, as the ss members were dressed in full PPE.

This outbreak might be a good case study, if enough reliable data becomes available. There is a crowd sourced public dashboard for the White House outbreak. Any Tableau experts in here? So far, only Trump and Christie have been hospitalized out of 19 known positives. 7 with mild symptoms, 9 unknown and 1 asymptomatic.

Out of 271 contacts, there are the 19 positives, 67 negatives and 185 unknown. 

COVID-19 at the White House - Public Report: https://public.tableau.com/profile/peter.james.walker#!/vizhome/COVID-19attheWhiteHouse-ContactTracking/OverviewDash

From what I’ve read, the close proximity to the President, the closed in space of the car and the recycled air makes it still a risk no matter how much ppe those guys were wearing. And it was an unnecessary risk. 
Correct. Even with full PPE, contact with infected patients should be minimized. It’s also easy to contaminate oneself when donning or doffing the mask etc., and I’m sure those guys didn’t have a lot of practice doing it the correct way.

It is very possible there’s separate air for different parts of the car. The agents had masks on but I didn’t see “hazmat suits”. You think the administration would issue an explanation letting the public know the agents were not in danger for whatever reasons. 
They didn’t have hazmat suits, but did wear masks, gowns and face shields in the photo I saw.

And they’ve already had an outbreak among their agents in August.

Not sure I can buy that logic, nor repeat it.  The first year I looked at was 1933 and 1,342,106 Americans died.  That is an average of 100,000 per month.  I can see spikes and drops to put it near where we have been in the past 4 months of 2020.  I am not saying you are wrong, just it will require more work than shown.
people have died from things besides COVID in 2020.  COVID is on top of the baseline number of deaths one would expect in a given year.

Great - did Trump give people the same choice this week?

What about the other people that you were in contact with - ie employees at the club?  Were they and the club OK with it?

All that said, would you have acted differently if you were positive for COVID?  Because that is an extra level and it was we are talking about Trump doing this week.
I don't know if Trump did or not - i don't know if Trump was symptomatic

just remember, only 99.96 % of us make it out of covid alive
I'm sorry, but this is an assinine statement.  Some of those 0.04% are our friends and family.  I find  your comment to be insensitive and jerkish.

Not cool

/on ignore

@maggieNYT: More info on 2 White House residence staff members who tested positive - they worked for the housekeeping department on the third floor, and didn't come in direct contact w the first family. When their tests came back positive, they were told to use "discretion" in discussing it.

:(  This was tasteless even by Matt Gaetz standards.

Rep. Matt Gaetz @RepMattGaetz 3h

President Trump won't have to recover from COVID.

COVID will have to recover from President Trump. #MAGA

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1313125654897008641
It's just meant to be supportive of President Trump.  It's similar to how you hear people talk about "kicking cancer's ###" or something like that.  I don't have a problem with the tweet.

why ?

Incorrect. Do you think you’re exposed and infected with every cold, flu, etc. EVERY season. Many (most?) of us will likely be exposed, eventually, but there are a lot of variables in play, not the least of which is the timeline of vaccine development.

There are ~7.5 million documented cases in this country so far. The US population is 330 million. Even if you believe we’re underestimating cases 10 fold, there’s a lot of time before everyone is exposed. That’s time to develop a vaccine, other preventive measures and treatments, which will help us to contain the virus.

More importantly, Rt drops as a greater percentage of the population is infected, because it’s less likely for contagious people to encounter susceptible individuals over time. Herd immunity occurs well before 100% of the population is infected. For Covid-19, it’s thought to occur when 50-70% are exposed. Not 100%.

So please stop with the fatalistic nonsense. Covid is bad, but we’re not all destined to get it. Especially if we take precautions to lessen our chances, and buy time for science to do its part to stop the pandemic.

According to worldofmeters 214,694 Americans have died of COVID19. Stealthycat said 99.96% live through COVID19. For that to be true, 214694/.004 = # of Americans that have to have been infected with an outcome (recovered or dead). This means 53,673,500 Americans need to have been infected with an outcome. Again, according to worldofmeters, there are 331,510,437 people in America. So, 53673500/331510437 = 16.19% of Americans infected with outcome which equates to 1 out of 6.18 in the US have been infected with outcome. I don't think we are anywhere close to 1 out of 6 people in the US being infected ergo 99.96 making it out alive is BS.
I’m not a math guy, but I think a 99.96% survival rate equates to a 0.04% fatality rate (which is 0.0004).  214694/.0004 equals 536,735,000. So that means everyone in America has contracted it, with 200 million or so getting it twice. 

Someone, please check my math. 

Trump campaign spokesperson Erin Perrine on Fox News today:

"Listen, he has experience as commander-in-chief, he has experience as a businessman, he has experience, now, fighting the coronavirus as an individual. 
Bone spurs, bankruptcies, and blather.    :coffee:

people have died from things besides COVID in 2020.  COVID is on top of the baseline number of deaths one would expect in a given year.
I understand, I just don't like to throw statements like the one originally mentioned around without verification.  Even if they fit a narrative I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread