Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Trump/White House Covid positive thread

gianmarco

6 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I’m not a math guy, but I think a 99.96% survival rate equates to a 0.04% fatality rate (which is 0.0004).  214694/.0004 equals 536,735,000. So that means everyone in America has contracted it, with 200 million or so getting it twice. 

Someone, please check my math. 

Checked.  Correct.

1 hour ago, Stealthycat said:

210,000  deaths WITH covid ... not BECASUE of covid - you conveniently forgot that

people get sick and have health consequences from a lot of viruses and bacteria's

yes the deaths matter - its a pandemic of which hasn't been seen in decades .... you didn't think people wouldn't die did ya ? 

I know I'm going to regret this but.....

So if someone has stage 4 bladder cancer, it's going to kill them in the coming months.  On the way to a doc's appointment they get into a car accident and die.  What did they die from?

So if someone has stage 4 bladder cancer, it's going to kill them in the coming months.  They get pneumonia and die.  What did they die from?

So if someone has stage 4 bladder cancer, it's going to kill them in the coming months.  They are out of their minds because of the medication, in this confused state they confront you on the way to racquetball.  As we know you're always packin heat, you fear for your life and shot them.  They die.  What did they die from?

So if someone has stage 4 bladder cancer, it's going to kill them in the coming months.  They get the flu and die.  What did they die from?

37 minutes ago, JAA said:
3 hours ago, Stealthycat said:
On 10/4/2020 at 11:33 AM, KarmaPolice said:

Great - did Trump give people the same choice this week?

What about the other people that you were in contact with - ie employees at the club?  Were they and the club OK with it?

All that said, would you have acted differently if you were positive for COVID?  Because that is an extra level and it was we are talking about Trump doing this week.

I don't know if Trump did or not - i don't know if Trump was symptomatic

just remember, only 99.96 % of us make it out of covid alive

I'm sorry, but this is an assinine statement.  Some of those 0.04% are our friends and family.  I find  your comment to be insensitive and jerkish.

Not cool

/on ignore

But is those of us who point out Trump's issues, while he is in the hospital, are the one disappointing the FBG management.  UNREAL!

4 minutes ago, massraider said:
7 minutes ago, toshiba said:

I understand, I just don't like to throw statements like the one originally mentioned around without verification.  Even if they fit a narrative I believe.

Hmmm, how about:

TRUMP HAD HIMSELF THREE VIETNAMS THIS SUMMER. VOTE!  

Yes or over seventy 9-11s.

Edited by toshiba

14 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I’m not a math guy, but I think a 99.96% survival rate equates to a 0.04% fatality rate (which is 0.0004).  214694/.0004 equals 536,735,000. So that means everyone in America has contracted it, with 200 million or so getting it twice. 

Someone, please check my math. 

Yeah, in my head I thought he meant the oft repeated .4% fatality rate vs. the .1% fatality rate for the flu. Your math is correct though.

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

I've read on twitter that often days 5-7 bring the worst symptoms. Is anyone familiar enough with COVID to confirm?

Thanks.

I don't know about the symptoms - I suspect they have been over-played here by Meadows.

But, I think it is commonly accepted that even people with no symptoms should self-isolate for a minimum of 10 days.

Typhoid Trump has already lain waste to the West Wing, I think the prudent course of action is to stay isolated from people.  He can still do virtual stuff - have a nation-wide zoom meeting if he wants to show his face to his supporters.  But, he should be isolated for the rest of the week at a minimum.  No more putting other people at risk to satisfy his ego.

• Laughing 1

7 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

what would you want the world to do ?  completely isolate for months until a vaccine might be found ?

look, when the vast majority of people dying WITH covid are over 60 years and have medical issues already .... and knowing that false positive tests are very common ......... i'm not going to be a recluse and freak out and see the world destroyed from a fear of this virus

i've said since the beginning I'm not really concerned about it ... that others are is the only reason I wear a mask when I'm out and about and that's a false sense of protection that they find comfort in and whatever, its not a lot for me to do ..... but I'm not going to live in a world of fear

ya'll an do that, I'm not. I don't want to die but I'm ok with dying. Most people are not

well i'll try to get to what i'd want the world to do in a minute, but i can say right now that it's not to completely isolate and freak out and see the world destroyed .

reading "when the vast majority of people dying WITH covid are over 60 years and have medical issues already....", i had to laugh.  really.   i'm over 60 and have medical issues already.  i take it the unstated end of that sentence is "so who cares?" and as regards myself, i have to agree.  there's no reason you should care, and i find your honesty in this instance refreshing.  also, i take you're point about people dying WITH covid, and it certainly has some validity.  don't know how much.

thank you for wearing a mask when you're out and about and giving me a sense of protection that i find comfort in.  i do feel agitated sometimes when i see people not wearing them and that is unpleasant.  but, although i don't think we live real near each other, i do think you provide me, and everyone else a tiny bit of actual potential protection by masking up due to the ever widening ripples of intersecting lives i spoke of in the post you responded to.  i agree it's not a lot for you to do.

i'm glad that you are not going to live in a world of fear. that sounds like it would be horrible.  i wouldn't want that for anyone.  i think that fear is almost always a non useful, unhealthy, destructive, and so, inappropriate state, except maybe if Ellen has someone really scary spring out at you.... and even then, just for a second.  someone,(not a guy) should really probably punch her when she does that.

i feel good that you don't want to die but you're ok with it.  they say we're all going to die, but as for me, i'll believe it when i see it.  besides, it's been done already.

so, what do i want the world to do?  oh i don't know.  i guess seriously, i want the people in the world to take a deep breath and let it out slowly.  breathe   relax.  if you feel any fear or anger, let go of that.  if you are fortunate enough to find a moment of peace, see if you can find compassion.  then you can do what you will.

Edited by song
needed one more comma
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Trey said:

He’s truly the most disgusting individual imaginable. Imagine reading that tweet of you are one of the 200,000+ families missing someone right now. JFC. 

There was a tiny sliver of me that held out an optimistic shred of hope that he would come out of this a bit humbled and regretful about his cavalier attitude.  Not saying that was likely, but a non-zero hope.  Not to be, I guess.

Edited by Don Quixote
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Hopefully there's a national news cast or two that will be able to follow this event at 6:30 eastern. 

:sigh:

It occurs to me that, possibly, no one in his direct orbit really put up much of a fight in the best interests of his health. I wonder why they wouldn't. I wonder how much they care about anything beyond their jobs. 

9 minutes ago, tonydead said:
33 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Again, not being excellent.  Not sure why you're allowed to continue to post in here when you're clearly not being cool.

Can we keep it on the topic and not other posters?

How is your post on topic?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Trey said:

He’s truly the most disgusting individual imaginable. Imagine reading that tweet of you are one of the 200,000+ families missing someone right now. JFC. 

I would be banned, and rightfully so, if I replied to some of these posts the way feel right now.

I'm at this very moment trying to get my very sick mother to go to the hospital that has covid symptoms but "I'll be okay" & "I'm feeling better".  Hasn't eaten or drank much in 4-5 days oh and she has cancer.  These posters, like Trump, callously dismiss these HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN LIVES as nothing could have been done, because they choose to do nothing.  Bull.

Edited by 2Squirrels1Nut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 3

I haven't been able to pay much attention as to what has gone on today. Is the message / vibe mostly that DJT is leaving at 6:30 and with the intent that things are going back to normal as soon as he leaves. . . or has there been any mention of him just going back to the WH to get treated and recover there instead? At this point is he even considered safe to be around or would he still be classified as highly contagious?

Edited by Anarchy99

9 minutes ago, caustic said:

Conley: Trump “may not be entirely out of the woods yet.”

C'mon.  :rolleyes:  At least finish the entire sentence:

"Though he may not be entirely out of the woods yet, the team and I agree that all his evaluations, and most importantly, his clinical status support his return home where he'll be surrounded by world class medical care 24/7."

Just now, Anarchy99 said:

I haven't been able to pay much attention as to what has gone on today. Is the message / vibe mostly that DJT is leaving at 6:30 and with the intent that things are going back to normal as soon as he leaves. . . or has there been any mention of him just going back to the WH to get treated and recover there instead? At this point is he even be considered safe to be around or would he still be classified as highly contagious?

Doctor is saying their aim is to see if same or improving by next weekend; not out of the woods yet.  Doctor won't answer if will be confined to residence or could go to work in the Oval Office. 

3 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I haven't been able to pay much attention as to what has gone on today. Is the message / vibe mostly that DJT is leaving at 6:30 and with the intent that things are going back to normal as soon as he leaves. . . or has there been any mention of him just going back to the WH to get treated and recover there instead? At this point is he even be considered safe to be around or would he still be classified as highly contagious?

I imagine if he had a test come back negative it would be the top headline everywhere, so this is just him being healthy enough to not need icu equipment at the ready.

Asked when Pres. Trump's last negative COVID-19 test was, Dr. Sean Conley, physician to the president, says, "I don't want to go backwards."

Translation: "Last time I had to count backwards, everyone yelled at me.  I am not going backwards again!"

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

Definitely seems like the Trump orbit is setting up for a "see, it's not so bad" that allows them to continue to ignore best practices and gamble with the lives of others. Doesn't seem like they learned a single thing from all of this.

Edited by mcintyre1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I would be banned, and rightfully so, if I replied to some of these posts the way feel right now.

I'm at this while at this very moment I'm trying to get my very sick mother to go to the hospital that has covid symptoms but "I'll be okay" & "I'm feeling better".  Hasn't eaten or drank much in 4-5 days oh and she has cancer.  These posters, like Trump, callously dismiss these HUNDRED OF THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN LIVES as nothing could have been done.  Bull.

Sorry about your mom, GB.  Lost mine two years ago and it still hurts. :(

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

That was the most reasonable news conference they gave. It also seemed the most truthful. Considering what he has available at the WH, it does not seem like an unreasonable decision. But he is still very much at risk of getting worse. 

Aside from that, the President's tweet about Covid is so disgustingly reckless. It's an insult to everyone who has died from it, dealt with it, and worked hard to treat it. He simply has no awareness or care about others outside of what personally affects him.

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I'm at this very moment trying to get my very sick mother to go to the hospital that has covid symptoms but "I'll be okay" & "I'm feeling better".  Hasn't eaten or drank much in 4-5 days oh and she has cancer.  These posters, like Trump, callously dismiss these HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN LIVES as nothing could have been done, because they choose to do nothing.  Bull.

I'm sorry GB. Hang in there. 

• Thanks 2

Not sure why anyone argues about whether he should or shouldn’t be leaving,  it’s a moot point, it doesn’t matter. He’s either going to recover or he’s going to get sicker but ultimately doesn’t matter. It’s his life.

What does matter is the message he sending about not being afraid of Covid, that’s flat out dangerous and irresponsible.  While I one hundred percent agree that we need to we making inroads to getting back to life as normal as possible and we can’t be hiding in basements for the rest of our lives. That does not absolve this from being dangerous and precautions needed to be taken. 200,000 people have died in the last six months, these are facts,.  To say you should not be afraid of it is lunacy and dangerous for the leader of the free world to be saying.  It’s just flat irresponsible.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Didn’t hear all of it but sounds like positive news?

Decently positive, but they also seemed not to want to share some stuff; hard to really to tell.  They willingly shared positive, but then referred to HIPAA for preventing disclosing his lung test results.  

Edited by Don Quixote
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Definitely seems like the Trump orbit is setting up for a "see, it's not so bad" that allows them to continue to ignore best practices and gamble with the lives of others. Doesn't seem like they learned a single thing from all of this.

"No hugs, no lessons learned." 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

They didn't learn anything because they already knew.  They've been pot committed to "no big deal" since May.

This was NEVER going to change that.  

They've known they've had a longshot hand for months, but they think they can:

• convince others that calling AA with a gutshot draw is a winning strategy because it worked LAST time
  • rig the game in the middle of the hand
  • overturn the table if the river card isn't helpful

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Not sure why anyone argues about whether he should or shouldn’t be leaving,  it’s a moot point, it doesn’t matter. He’s either going to recover or he’s going to get sicker but ultimately doesn’t matter. It’s his life.

What does matter is the message he sending about not being afraid of Covid, that’s flat out dangerous and irresponsible.  While I one hundred percent agree that we need to we making inroads to getting back to life as normal as possible and we can’t be hiding in basements for the rest of our lives. That does not absolve this from being dangerous and precautions needed to be taken. 200,000 people have died in the last six months, these are facts,.  To say you should not be afraid of it is lunacy and dangerous for the leader of the free world to be saying.  It’s just flat irresponsible.  

Probably a topic for a new/different thread, or maybe this one because Trump seems to be better.  But the two short sentences that everyone seems to be freaking out over are these:

"Don’t be afraid of Covid." 

"Don’t let it dominate your life."

It can't possible dominate my life, I haven't missed a day of work.  I don't see much outrage in saying don't let bad things dominate your life.

Don't be afraid, ok.  Maybe needs footnote for older people and people with health conditions as they ought to be afraid.  Most healthy people, not so much.

Sounds like just the next tweet, next thing to be outraged about.

Edited by tonydead
replaced "normal" with "healthy" to be more clear

17 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Probably a topic for a new/different thread, or maybe this one because Trump seems to be better.  But the two short sentences that everyone seems to be freaking out over are these:

"Don’t be afraid of Covid." 

"Don’t let it dominate your life."

It can't possible dominate my life, I haven't missed a day of work.  I don't see much outrage in saying don't let bad things dominate your life.

Don't be afraid, ok.  Maybe needs footnote for older people and people with health conditions as they ought to be afraid.  Most normal people, not so much.

Sounds like just the next tweet, next thing to be outraged about.

Really don’t wanna jump down this rabbit hole with you Tony as I know no opinions will be changed, but as a leader you carry a Responsibility with the weight of your words. He’s playing fast and loose with that, as he always does by the way, and that’s reckless. While I understand you or me may be able to parse out the details and take it for what it is but there’s lots and lots of people out there who aren’t.  Just dismissing it as outrage for outrage sake is disappointing and dismissive of the power of the POTUS’s influence.   

Either way I’m glad he’s doing well enough to head back to the WH’s care.  That the best outcome for the country as a whole.  

As a side note "normal" people need to be careful too.  My sister-in-law whos mid forty's, very active, health and with no pre-existing condition got it in late March.  It was really bad for her for 2 months.  Here in the beginning of Oct she still has breathing issues and gets winded going to her mailbox.  This #### is no joke for lots of people, even "normal" ones.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Don't be afraid, ok.  Maybe needs footnote for older people and people with health conditions as they ought to be afraid.  Most normal people, not so much.

Old people aren't normal?

And while this can be spun in various ways, it can be argued that 1 in 2 non elderly people have a pre-existing condition of some kind.  So how are these people not normal?

So am I wrong to feel concerned that the it's-just-a-flu contingent of regular joes who test positive, have symptoms, or have been exposed to confirmed positives basically will ignore it to follow in Trump's footsteps? Because it seems to me that the WH entourage basically took a big #2 and wiped their bare bottoms with regard to CDC guidelines on pretty much everything.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Really don’t wanna jump down this rabbit hole with you Tony as I know no opinions will be changed, but as a leader you carry a Responsibility with the weight of your words. He’s playing fast and loose with that, as he always does by the way, and that’s reckless. While I understand you or me may be able to parse out the details and take it for what it is but there’s lots and lots of people out there who aren’t.  Just dismissing it as outrage for outrage sake is disappointing and dismissive of the power of the POTUS’s influence.   

Either way I’m glad he’s doing well enough to head back to the WH’s care.  That the best outcome for the country as a whole.  

As a side note "normal" people need to be careful too.  My sister-in-law whos mid forty's, very active, health and with no pre-existing condition got it in late March.  It was really bad for her for 2 months.  Here in the beginning of Oct she still has breathing issues and gets winded going to her mailbox.  This #### is no joke for lots of people, even "normal" ones.  

Paragraph #1 - "as he always does" matches what I said, " the next thing to be outraged by".  Paragraph #2 - Sure, come in off the golf course during a thunder storm, but, don't live your life in fear of lighting.  Give my best to your SIL.