What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump/White House Covid positive thread (4 Viewers)

Risk taking? What is the riskiest thing you’ve done? What do you consider unnecessary risk? Would you rather skydive or be married 5 times?
My father is not somebody I would consider a huge risk taker but he has been married 5 times - wife #2 and #4 were the same woman but still he’s nuts.  

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I get so angry at the Mods who want to downplay this, or down play criticism of the White House - its time to stop mollycoddling people who don't, or can't, acknowledge this was, and remains, a huge incident:

The damage spreads:

"My wife has now tested positive for COVID. The collateral damage is going to be pretty significant I think."

— White House reporter for the NYT, @shearm

That the WH continues to down play this threat, and the threat to Trump's own health, and refuses the help of the CDC in contact tracing - might be the most scandalous action this administration has done - and that says a lot.

Kaitlan Collins@kaitlancollins · 1m

At least one staffer who is military personnel directly assigned to support the president in the Oval and the residence tested positive over the weekend.

if 50 people in a group you say 0% are holding oranges 100% is holding apples

if 330 million people are holding 200,000 apples, you say 200,000 are holding apples and that % is of the 330 million
No....I say the people are holding 0.0006% of an apple.  Another illustration for why the math is off and you either know that and are doing this intentionally or don't know that and don't care.  Words have meaning.

No....I say the people are holding 0.0006% of an apple.  Another illustration for why the math is off and you either know that and are doing this intentionally or don't know that and don't care.  Words have meaning.
to find out how many out of 330 million are holding apples or a fatal dose of pandemic virus .... now you're getting it

of course you use the entire population to get a % of the entire population having a pandemic virus - that's common sense

and right now its about what, 0.04 % that have been attributed dying from covid 19 in the USA ?  200,000 of a 330 million population 

to find out how many out of 330 million are holding apples or a fatal dose of pandemic virus .... now you're getting it

of course you use the entire population to get a % of the entire population having a pandemic virus - that's common sense

and right now its about what, 0.04 % that have been attributed dying from covid 19 in the USA ?  200,000 of a 330 million population 
no

last night I played 2 hours RB with 2 other guys .... no masks

3 adults making a decision that we're healthy and we're not going to freak out scare about this. I'm not around anyone who's compromised, their decision making should be similar. That's our decision to make, not the Govt's 

Why can't they say when the last time Trump tested negative was? Seems like a simple easily answerable question. 

My guess is that Trump was never getting tested. 

Again it they are testing him every day why in the world wouldn't they answer the question? 

Why can't they say when the last time Trump tested negative was? Seems like a simple easily answerable question. 

Again it they are testing him every day why in the world wouldn't they answer the question? 
Part of this may be down to Trump's mantra - ""When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing we would have very few cases."

Part of this may be down to Trump's mantra - ""When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn't do any testing we would have very few cases."
I wouldn't be shocked if Trump wasn't getting tested daily, but I'd be more likely to think that he's taking the approach of:

if everyone ELSE around me is tested daily, then I don't need to get tested. It's good to be the king.

Fear is natural in the face of the most deadly pandemic in a century. It’s also useful. Fear has motivated us to understand as much as possible about how the virus spreads, and fear can drive us to take the actions necessary to stop it. If we don’t acknowledge the legitimately frightening reality of this disease, we may not be motivated to act responsibly to reduce transmission. Willfully ignoring that fear puts everyone at risk.

The president’s message not to be afraid of the virus is dangerous if it encourages Americans to reject the things they do because they’re afraid of the virus. And that has implications for all of us. Think of the grocery store worker who has to stock shelves while dozens of strangers brush past them, or the nurse who has to come in close proximity with patients daily, many of whom may have active COVID-19 infections. Without the fear of what this disease can do to you, there’s little motivation to protect them.

It’s easier to feel secure when you’re the president of the United States, of course. But that’s not a reality the rest of us live day to day. In our reality, fear is rational, and it’s what pushes us to act. By telling us there’s nothing to fear, Trump is both ignoring the experience of millions of Americans, and giving further fuel to those whose response to fear is denial. Fear on its own isn’t useful. But neither is a dismissal of reality.

Trump Is Giving Dangerous Advice. Being Afraid Of COVID-19 Has Helped Us Control COVID-19.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
My father is not somebody I would consider a huge risk taker but he has been married 5 times - wife #2 and #4 were the same woman but still he’s nuts.  
I play poker (well I used to) with a guy who has been married 7 times.  He was a green beret in vietnam and later a worked in Miami as a lawyer prosecuting drug lords.  Interesting guy

Because at some point last week (Bedminster?) he knew he had it and chose to expose people anyhow.

This is why I get so angry at the Mods who want to downplay this, or down play criticism of the White House - its time to stop mollycoddling people who don't, or can't, acknowledge this was, and remains, a huge incident:

The damage spreads:

"My wife has now tested positive for COVID. The collateral damage is going to be pretty significant I think."

— White House reporter for the NYT, @shearm

That the WH continues to down play this threat, and the threat to Trump's own health, and refuses the help of the CDC in contact tracing - might be the most scandalous action this administration has done - and that says a lot.
I'm not aware of anyone from Footballguys downplaying anything.

We removed the posts yesterday that were the "Herman Cain - Good... Then Better... Then DEAD. Now tweeting from the grave!!!" That's not downplaying. That's asking people to not act like tools.

Criticism of the White House and Trump and Republicans and the Democrats is pretty much the foundation of the PSF. 

We ask that people be civil and discuss their criticism rationally and for the most part, that's what happens here. 

I know...I'm done.  I didn't think the "arguments" could get more false/dishonest/uninformed than they were four years ago.  I was wrong.  There appears to be no bottom.
When it's done intentionally it will always "get more false/dishonest/uninformed" - yet people will continue to fall for it. 

I play poker (well I used to) with a guy who has been married 7 times.  He was a green beret in vietnam and later a worked in Miami as a lawyer prosecuting drug lords.  Interesting guy
That's nuts - after 3 or 4 you would think he would just opt for being a bachelor or just live together and realize that either marriage isn't for him or he's really bad at picking out wives. 

We removed the posts yesterday that were the "Herman Cain - Good, Better DEAD. Now tweeting from the grave!!!" That's not downplaying. That's asking people to not be tools.
Thats not being tools - and therein lies a problem.

Pointing out the trajectory that Cain took - is important in understanding that this remains a serious threat, both to Trump, and the myriad of other WH staffers who are now COVID-positive.

I did not post about Cain's twitter account - and I'll acknowledge that was not helpful.

But ascribing your opinions to others is subjective editorializing - it was not being "a tool".

But, publicly calling someone else a tool on the board, is yet another example of not being excellent.

Thats not being tools - and therein lies a problem.

Pointing out the trajectory that Cain took - is important in understanding that this remains a serious threat, both to Trump, and the myriad of other WH staffers who are now COVID-positive.

I did not post about Cain's twitter account - and I'll acknowledge that was not helpful.

But ascribing your opinions to others is subjective editorializing - it was not being "a tool".

But, publicly calling someone else a tool on the board, is yet another example of not being excellent.
You're correct. We ask that people not act like tools on the board. I edited. Thanks. 

Last thought on this as I have no interest or time to spiral down to another how terrible we moderate thread - "Herman Cain - Good, Better DEAD. Now tweeting from the grave!!!" type posts are not going to be allowed.

I'm sorry if that sounds blunt or insensitive, but that's just reality. That kind of thing will never work and I don't have time or interest to debate it. Sorry. 

Data from Florida:

>>There are 1,999 male 74-year-old COVID cases in Florida 466 of the 1,999 have been hospitalized 151 of the 466 have died That's a 32% fatality rate Source: Florida Dept of Health line list (https://arcgis.com/home/item.html)...

Clarification: 32% fatality rate AMONG HOSPITALIZED Now, if he was a nobody, would Trump have been hospitalized given his symptoms? Perhaps not.

And among non-hospitalized (1,533) only 66 have died. That's a case fatality rate of 4.3%.

Mar: 18/44 40.9%

Apr: 20/58 34.5%

May: 14/30 46.7%

Jun: 20/78 25.6%

Jul: 50/152 32.9%

Aug: 23/72 31.9%

Sep: 6/32 18.8%

Total: 151/466 32.4% The Sep cases are right-censored (ie. some who haven't died yet will eventually die). Looks like CFR has dropped slightly from ~40% to ~30%<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/zorinaq/status/1312864527264804864

• Sad
last night I played 2 hours RB with 2 other guys .... no masks

3 adults making a decision that we're healthy and we're not going to freak out scare about this. I'm not around anyone who's compromised, their decision making should be similar. That's our decision to make, not the Govt's 
Again, I am just baffled that you don't think a function of govt is to protect the populace during a pandemic.    

Video of him returning and removing mask.

I just watched it for the first time.  He is absolutely out of breath with some labored breathing there.  That walk took a lot out of him and it's not surprising how things have gone thus far.  He still has a long way to go, IMO.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's back on oxygen very soon.
my favorite part: as trump walks off, an incredulous sounding Shepard Smith says "and there you go, he's just finished his, his.... standing"

Again, I am just baffled that you don't think a function of govt is to protect the populace during a pandemic.    
stop tens of thousands coming across the border, stop Pelosi from getting her hair done, stop Dancing with the Stars, stop ball games, stop .... where do you want to draw the line ?

protecting by someone else's view isn't protecting its control - if you give me the keys, I'd make different decisions than you right ?   but what you mean is you want the Govt to do what YOU think is best forged by your views and your opinions and beliefs. That's human nature. but don't force me to do things because of your fears right ?  because then its about control - not about "protecting"

The mask thing is no biggie there imo, but dude was struggling to breathe.  Was really obvious.  Really hope the show he feels is important for him to put on doesn’t bite him in the ###.  

@Ilov80s types quicker I guess. Lol
I just watched - I agree

Whether he's just out of shape, use to oxygen ... I dunno but he was taking deep breaths. Struggling/labored no, he was breathing deeply though  

It’s not a legitimate point of view. 
because I don't agree with you

look at the people who'd response is  " well I'm not going to talk to him, I'm going to block him so I don't see anyone else's point of view and I don't want to hear or read anything other than what I think !! "

that fascinates me ... people coming to a message board and then not hearing their own echo and blocking people that don't agree with them 

no, its legitimate .... I've not had a SINGLE person say "can you wear a mask please" .... in places I have no mask on

maybe in ya'll's world that exists but its not in mine

stop tens of thousands coming across the border, stop Pelosi from getting her hair done, stop Dancing with the Stars, stop ball games, stop .... where do you want to draw the line ?

protecting by someone else's view isn't protecting its control - if you give me the keys, I'd make different decisions than you right ?   but what you mean is you want the Govt to do what YOU think is best forged by your views and your opinions and beliefs. That's human nature. but don't force me to do things because of your fears right ?  because then its about control - not about "protecting"
This post would be great if we once again didn't have many examples of other nations coming together, believing science, listening to doctors and slowing this down.  But at the start it became political for our country which is truly sad and cost 1000s of lives and effected all of us.  

But I guess we got haircuts, get to play raquetball, and some of our bank accounts got a little bigger so all is good.  

• Sad
This post would be great if we once again didn't have many examples of other nations coming together, believing science, listening to doctors and slowing this down.  But at the start it became political for our country which is truly sad and cost 1000s of lives and effected all of us.  

But I guess we got haircuts, get to play raquetball, and some of our bank accounts got a little bigger so all is good.  
It’s not a legitimate point of view. 

Fail. Nope.  Im pointing out hypocrisy. 
Thats isnt hypocrisy.

One positive test...others all negative multiple times, informed all and the public timely...

The Patriots seemed to have acted far more responsible than the White House and Trump.

because I don't agree with you

look at the people who'd response is  " well I'm not going to talk to him, I'm going to block him so I don't see anyone else's point of view and I don't want to hear or read anything other than what I think !! "

that fascinates me ... people coming to a message board and then not hearing their own echo and blocking people that don't agree with them 

no, its legitimate .... I've not had a SINGLE person say "can you wear a mask please" .... in places I have no mask on

maybe in ya'll's world that exists but its not in mine
I work in a place like this.  We started doing that, but were told by the owner to stop reminding people to put their masks on.   It probably shouldn't come down to some minimum wage worker having to tell people to put on a mask and getting yelled at (we had this happen), etc..  

I have seen this happen a bit in Madison though.   Costco, Target, and a couple other stores have had people at the doors making sure people have masks.  

Users who are viewing this thread