What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ABC affiliate: FBI investigates plot to overthrow Michigan Government (2 Viewers)

I guess I'm confused on what they thought would happen if they successfully kidnapped the Governor. Do they think they'd then be in charge of Michigan? I understand the idea behind a coup of a federal government, but not sure I understand it at lower levels.

I guess I'm confused on what they thought would happen if they successfully kidnapped the Governor. Do they think they'd then be in charge of Michigan? I understand the idea behind a coup of a federal government, but not sure I understand it at lower levels.
Have you seen these pork chops? Staggering out of Wendy's, rocking the Wal-Mart camouflage, balancing a 64 oz. Mr. Dew on their AR-15?

These guys are dangerous, but they ain't our best and brightest over here.  

dgreen said:
They probably figured Trump would pardon them regardless of what happened. May as well see what happens!

lots of good humor in this thread, but i wonder what's in the works for when/if trump loses and challenges the election ?

Da Guru said:
Glad they caught them.

That being said Whitmer is like Michigan's version of Trump.  Grew up in a very wealthy family, arrogant, thin skinned, lashes out fast before thinking, plays games with funding, comes off very condescending.
so she kind of had it coming.

Da Guru said:
Glad they caught them.

That being said Whitmer is like Michigan's version of Trump.  Grew up in a very wealthy family, arrogant, thin skinned, lashes out fast before thinking, plays games with funding, comes off very condescending.
good lord we're doomed

Someone already jokingly alluded to this, but it'll never stop bothering me that these types get called a "militia" instead of "terrorist group" etc. They're domestic terrorists. Don't give them some linguistic shield that makes us think about revolutionaries from the birth of the country. This is just a group of armed men who think their own political views are more important than what has been democratically decided. Very little difference between them and ISIS.

Whitmer giving a great address right now, and I am falling in love with the sign language girl.  
Whitmer:

"Our head of state has spent the past 7 months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, & giving comfort to those who spread fear ... just last week, POTUS stood before the people and refused to condemn white supremacists."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314281281048530944  (video clip at link)

"Our head of state has spent the past 7 months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, & giving comfort to those who spread fear ... just last week, POTUS stood before the people and refused to condemn white supremacists."
She's not wrong.

lots of good humor in this thread, but i wonder what's in the works for when/if trump loses and challenges the election ?
My worry is that nutjobs attack people wearing masks at the polls. The trump covid plan has been to convince his people that there's no risk and identify mask wearers as the enemy while inciting violence and eliminating options for voting. Now all he needs is someone else to do the voter intimidation for him, and he has laid all the groundwork. 

My worry is that nutjobs attack people wearing masks at the polls. The trump covid plan has been to convince his people that there's no risk and identify mask wearers as the enemy while inciting violence and eliminating options for voting. Now all he needs is someone else to do the voter intimidation for him, and he has laid all the groundwork. 
yeah toward the end of the debate he said he wants his supporters to go to the polls to make sure he's not being cheated.  (widely interpreted as to intimidate)

Users who are viewing this thread