Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

ABC affiliate: FBI investigates plot to overthrow Michigan Government


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

There is.  A  certain group which constantly over-reacts fueled by a media which lies to them. 

That media broke the story of White House positive tests. 

It is the"liberal" media that is breaking any news about this admin. 

Others seem to prefer State-run television updates on Dear Leader.

 

Americans deserve more than that.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone already jokingly alluded to this, but it'll never stop bothering me that these types get called a "militia" instead of "terrorist group" etc. They're domestic terrorists. Don't give them some

V for Velveeta

I'm surprised they needed the FBI to shut these guys down.  Couldn't they just have assigned this job to Ohio State?

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

That media broke the story of White House positive tests. 

It is the"liberal" media that is breaking any news about this admin. 

Others seem to prefer State-run television updates on Dear Leader.

 

Americans deserve more than that.

The media also told us Travon Martin was this little 12-year old boy chased and hunted down by some white supremist.  The media also told us Micheal Brown was gunned down innocently with his hands raised pleading not to shoot.  They told is Jussie Smollett was beaten by a couple of neo-nazi homophobes.  They told us a bunch of Duke Lacross players raped a black girl.  They told us....the list is long 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My statement stands. You eliminate all the news sources you complain about, we have no information. That's a fact. 

They don't bat 1.000, and you feel they cannot be trusted?

Would you say you hold the police do that same standard?

:whistle:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Just to be clear...

There was a plot by a domestic terrorist group to kidnap & murder a sitting state governor.

Your take is we’re overreacting & it’s the media’s fault?

The left is acting like Ted Cruz blaming Obama for all the cop-killings a few years back.  Yes, blaming Trump is an over-reaction of reckless speculation.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

The left is acting like Ted Cruz blaming Obama for all the cop-killings a few years back.  Yes, blaming Trump is an over-reaction of reckless speculation.  

Oh, OK. Thanks for clarifying. For a second it seemed like you were slow to condemn a extremist group which was plotting to overthrow the government. Appreciate you clearing it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, massraider said:

My statement stands. You eliminate all the news sources you complain about, we have no information. That's a fact. 

They don't bat 1.000, and you feel they cannot be trusted?

Would you say you hold the police do that same standard?

:whistle:

 

1 minute ago, massraider said:

My statement stands. You eliminate all the news sources you complain about, we have no information. That's a fact. 

They don't bat 1.000, and you feel they cannot be trusted?

Would you say you hold the police do that same standard?

:whistle:

That is not a really a fact, but i would agree they are they provide a bulk of the information.  But to me, the filter they put on the information does more harm than the benefit of the information they actually do provide. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been watching the News Nation channel on WGN for the last few days.  Right now they just seem to focus on the news without all the personal, politcal stuff CNN, FOX and MSNBC has.  Seems wierd to just hear the news read without a slant.  Hopefully they can keep it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zigg said:

Hey Jon, you can say something was terrible without bringing up “the left.” Looting and vandalism is terrible. Plotting to kidnap a governor is terrible. End of story. 

Sure it is.  But blaming it on the President is terrible too, especially considering it was his branch of government who was responsible for stopping it.  Everyone should agree both are terrible, but nobody here wants to admit the dimwit governor was in the wrong.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Been watching the News Nation channel on WGN for the last few days.  Right now they just seem to focus on the news without all the personal, politcal stuff CNN, FOX and MSNBC has.  Seems wierd to just hear the news read without a slant.  Hopefully they can keep it up.

I wish I had WGN. One of my big complaints the last few years is when you come home from work, there is no news on TV. Just talking heads shows. 

Would like to see this News Nation show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, whoknew said:
9 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Been watching the News Nation channel on WGN for the last few days.  Right now they just seem to focus on the news without all the personal, politcal stuff CNN, FOX and MSNBC has.  Seems wierd to just hear the news read without a slant.  Hopefully they can keep it up.

I wish I had WGN. One of my big complaints the last few years is when you come home from work, there is no news on TV. Just talking heads shows. 

Would like to see this News Nation show.

When I lived around there I always watched Windsor 9/CBC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

"You know, it's section 34 dot oh 4 or 0h 5 or something like that".  :lmao:

His competence of the penal code is impressive.  

Eh, that was the least alarming thing about that video. If Michigan is anything like Arizona there are hundreds to thousands of statutes and only super nerds have them all memorized. 

But, the rest, just bananas. The average defense attorney wouldn't even go as far to say the things that the sheriff said. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

There is.  A  certain group which constantly over-reacts fueled by a media which lies to them. 

What were the lies about Rodney King?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I dunno why, but.... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

 

Potential Cult Member"Well, tell me about your leader?"
Cult Recruiter:  "Sure, first off, he lives in the basement of a vacuum shop in Grand Rapids".
Potential Cult Member"Really?  Wow, tell me more about this great man!"

:lmao:

Also, if you didn't read Potential Cult Member in a Groundskeeper Willie voice, you should be ashamed. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, massraider said:

That media broke the story of White House positive tests. 

It is the"liberal" media that is breaking any news about this admin. 

Others seem to prefer State-run television updates on Dear Leader.

 

Americans deserve more than that.

Politicians hate "the media" for the same reason the common criminal hates the police. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On Rush Limbaugh’s show today, the President of the United States had this to say:

“If you #### around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are gonna do things to you that have never been done before.”

Its just words, right? He’s only the most powerful person in country. No correlation between these statements and extremism. It’s like some of you are trying to say he is inciting violence. Cray cray.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

 

That is not a really a fact, but i would agree they are they provide a bulk of the information.  But to me, the filter they put on the information does more harm than the benefit of the information they actually do provide. 

What is your most trusted news source?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

On Rush Limbaugh’s show today, the President of the United States had this to say:

“If you #### around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are gonna do things to you that have never been done before.”

Its just words, right? He’s only the most powerful person in country. No correlation between these statements and extremism. It’s like some of you are trying to say he is inciting violence. Cray cray.

To be fair, wasn't he talking about Iran in this exchange?  Please tell me he was.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

On Rush Limbaugh’s show today, the President of the United States had this to say:

“If you #### around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are gonna do things to you that have never been done before.”

Its just words, right? He’s only the most powerful person in country. No correlation between these statements and extremism. It’s like some of you are trying to say he is inciting violence. Cray cray.

Gosh, remember when Trump supporters used to signal their outrage whenever a non-Republican used curse words? Seems so long ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

What is your most trusted news source?

Probably have to go with the British media like the BBC or Guardian.  I think NPR does a good job of trying to get both sides of the story, but not really a hard digging source of information.  CNN, ABC, NBC, and MSNBC are trash.  The New York TImes and Washington Post are better, but I would never make a judgement about something they reported without doing additional digging.  Just way too much of an agenda.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

:lmao:

Also, if you didn't read Potential Cult Member in a Groundskeeper Willie voice, you should be ashamed. 

When I watched the Sheriff video I didn't have the sound on at first and was hearing Chief Wiggum's voice.    

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Probably have to go with the British media like the BBC or Guardian.  I think NPR does a good job of trying to get both sides of the story, but not really a hard digging source of information.  CNN, ABC, NBC, and MSNBC are trash.  The New York TImes and Washington Post are better, but I would never make a judgement about something they reported without doing additional digging.  Just way too much of an agenda.  

BBC and NPR are good. I agree with you (first for everything ;)) that CNN is garbage.  All they want to do is write negative Trump stuff (which, I'm usually here for, but my god, is there no other news?).  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zow said:

Eh, that was the least alarming thing about that video. If Michigan is anything like Arizona there are hundreds to thousands of statutes and only super nerds have them all memorized. 

For that reason, I actually viewed it the other way.  Why would he even know it was section 764-dot-something off the top of his head?  Him referencing it, and then playing it off like "dot 4 or dot 5, something like that" made me think he's specifically studied that particular statute recently for some reason.  Even money we eventually find out Sheriff Dar was a Werewolf Watchman himself.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

For that reason, I actually viewed it the other way.  Why would he even know it was section 764-dot-something off the top of his head?  Him referencing it, and then playing it off like "dot 4 or dot 5, something like that" made me think he's specifically studied that particular statute recently for some reason.  Even money we eventually find out Sheriff Dar was a Werewolf Watchman himself.  

I mean, he is video taped sharing a stage with them at one of their klan rallies, so......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

The media also told us Travon Martin was this little 12-year old boy chased and hunted down by some white supremist.  The media also told us Micheal Brown was gunned down innocently with his hands raised pleading not to shoot.  They told is Jussie Smollett was beaten by a couple of neo-nazi homophobes.  They told us a bunch of Duke Lacross players raped a black girl.  They told us....the list is long 

 

 

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering here but:

1)  The media didn't tell you Jussie Smollet was beaten by a couple of neo-nazi homophobes.  Jussie Smollet said he was beaten by a couple of neo-nazi homophobes.  And when it came out he wasn't, the media also told us that.

2)  The media didn't tell us a bunch of Duke lacrosse players raped a black girl.  The black girl told us a bunch of Duke lacrosse players raped her.   It even went to trial.  And then the media reported when it was found out she lied.

I don't even know what to make of your other two examples as neither of those makes sense, but you're conflating people saying/doing bad things with the media saying/doing bad things. 

It's wrong.

If you prefer to eliminate the media, then where do you think we would be?  And, if you prefer that, why don't you just stop ingesting any kind of news since you seem to have such a big problem with it. 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I mean, he is video taped sharing a stage with them at one of their klan rallies, so......

The man clearly stated he never would have expected something like this from those guys. The Sheriff is an innocent lamb who got hoodwinked and bamboozled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

To be fair, wasn't he talking about Iran in this exchange?  Please tell me he was.....

Isn't it nice to live in a world where can reassure ourselves that the president was merely threatening nuclear war this time, as opposed to inciting domestic terrorists?  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely talk politics on FB anymore for many reasons but I posted this story there yesterday. A couple of hard core Trump friends started saying it looks like Antifa. After I went on a bit saying how this shouldn't be a left vs. right thing or an Antifa vs. militia thing and how we should all be against any kind of anarchy like this and we should all support and praise law enforcement for stopping this, one commented how they didn't trust the FBI after their handling of the Russia hoax.  I then said that it's one thing to be suspicious of the higher ups but we should still support those in the field, especially those that go through extreme risks to go undercover. The reply was that there were a lot of guys "in the field" that were involved in the Russia hoax and a lot of others who knew about it and kept quiet. "It's a real problem" he said.

My reply was "To me, that's like not trusting all cops because there are some bad cops. Sound familiar? Sorry, I'm not gonna do that."

 

*crickets* since.

 

We really are a nation in serious trouble. Until both sides speak out against the violence created from "their side" and stop turning a blind eye to it, we will never begin to get better. 

Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, AOC and more mostly stayed silent during "the summer of love"

Trump continues to fan the flames while many Republicans cower in fear lest they lose their support and get thrown into the RINO dustbin. 

It's crazy that this is all we have. Where are the real leaders?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

To be fair, wasn't he talking about Iran in this exchange?  Please tell me he was.....

64 months later I still can’t wrap my mind around “Mexican isn’t sending us their best people...” didn’t sink him on Day One.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

On Rush Limbaugh’s show today, the President of the United States had this to say:

“If you #### around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are gonna do things to you that have never been done before.”

Its just words, right? He’s only the most powerful person in country. No correlation between these statements and extremism. It’s like some of you are trying to say he is inciting violence. Cray cray.

He is speaking loudly and carrying a big stick.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

64 months later I still can’t wrap my mind around “Mexican isn’t sending us their best people...” didn’t sink him on Day One.

I was googling something the other day and one of the top results was an article that began, "Donald Trump might finally have crossed the line..."  It was from July 2015.  There have been dozens (hundreds? thousands?) of things he's said and done that would have and should have sunk anyone in a normal universe.  But here we are.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

BBC and NPR are good. I agree with you (first for everything ;)) that CNN is garbage.  All they want to do is write negative Trump stuff (which, I'm usually here for, but my god, is there no other news?).  

I remember when CNN was on the missing Malaysian Jet 24-7 for months and that was all they talked about 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

I was googling something the other day and one of the top results was an article that began, "Donald Trump might finally have crossed the line..."  It was from July 2015.  There have been dozens (hundreds? thousands?) of things he's said and done that would have and should have sunk anyone in a normal universe.  But here we are.  

Howard Dean agrees

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

I remember when CNN was on the missing Malaysian Jet 24-7 for months and that was all they talked about 

They are a ratings channel...click bait in a way with much of what they do.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

The man clearly stated he never would have expected something like this from those guys. The Sheriff is an innocent lamb who got hoodwinked and bamboozled. 

Does this Sheriff own a vacuum cleaner, and what sort of condition is it in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Da Guru said:

Are you the one who told be to watch Social Dilemma?  It should be mandatory for every here to watch that.

Yeah, one of my two favorite docs that came out this year

The follow up

American Gospel is pretty good as well. The original from 2018 is still on Netflix AFAIK, the sequel is on Prime
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quick-hands said:

He is speaking loudly and carrying a big stick.    

Must resist.....  joke...... from citing Stormy Daniels... ahhh

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quick-hands said:
2 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

On Rush Limbaugh’s show today, the President of the United States had this to say:

“If you #### around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are gonna do things to you that have never been done before.”

Its just words, right? He’s only the most powerful person in country. No correlation between these statements and extremism. It’s like some of you are trying to say he is inciting violence. Cray cray.

He is speaking loudly and carrying a big stick.    

The biggest stick, believe me. Many people are saying it's the biggest stick they've ever seen. In fact, a big, burly, definitely-not-unfictitious construction worker even came up to him the other day, with tears in his eyes, and definitely didn't say to him, "Sir, that is the biggest stick that anyone has ever carried, ever. Thank you so much."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Been watching the News Nation channel on WGN for the last few days.  Right now they just seem to focus on the news without all the personal, politcal stuff CNN, FOX and MSNBC has.  Seems wierd to just hear the news read without a slant.  Hopefully they can keep it up.

If not...there are PLENTY of legit sources in other countries here reporting like this and have been for decades.  You have to be a special kind of crazy to put any time/effort into the condition of our main stream media in this country....if you don't feed the beast it starves, yet time and again the people #####ing about it being alive are also the ones feeding it.  It's so very bizarre.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gianmarco said:

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering here but:

1)  The media didn't tell you Jussie Smollet was beaten by a couple of neo-nazi homophobes.  Jussie Smollet said he was beaten by a couple of neo-nazi homophobes.  And when it came out he wasn't, the media also told us that.

2)  The media didn't tell us a bunch of Duke lacrosse players raped a black girl.  The black girl told us a bunch of Duke lacrosse players raped her.   It even went to trial.  And then the media reported when it was found out she lied.

I don't even know what to make of your other two examples as neither of those makes sense, but you're conflating people saying/doing bad things with the media saying/doing bad things. 

It's wrong.

If you prefer to eliminate the media, then where do you think we would be?  And, if you prefer that, why don't you just stop ingesting any kind of news since you seem to have such a big problem with it. 

 

And with Martin, the narrative was initially "white man kills black kid".  Here in the SE that changed almost immediately to "hispanic man kills black kid".  Something about that case really affected him...he talks about it every chance he can.  I don't understand the obsession, but it's certainly there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gianmarco said:

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering here but:

1)  The media didn't tell you Jussie Smollet was beaten by a couple of neo-nazi homophobes.  Jussie Smollet said he was beaten by a couple of neo-nazi homophobes.  And when it came out he wasn't, the media also told us that.

2)  The media didn't tell us a bunch of Duke lacrosse players raped a black girl.  The black girl told us a bunch of Duke lacrosse players raped her.   It even went to trial.  And then the media reported when it was found out she lied.

I don't even know what to make of your other two examples as neither of those makes sense, but you're conflating people saying/doing bad things with the media saying/doing bad things. 

It's wrong.

If you prefer to eliminate the media, then where do you think we would be?  And, if you prefer that, why don't you just stop ingesting any kind of news since you seem to have such a big problem with it. 

 

:lol: we have millions of protesters going around chanting "hands up don't shoot" and you have no idea what i am talking about.  It is based on a total lie that the media refuses to correct.  The whole BLM movement started based on a bunch of lies the media told is about Treyvon Martin.  It is not surprising you have no idea what to make of them, because you have never been told the truth.  The whole Treyvon Martin case was a joke which had no business going to court.  Similar thing is happening today in the Rittenhouse case.  The murder charges are a joke and it is an abuse of power.  

the Jussie Smollett reporting and the Duke Lacrosse case reporting was horrendous.   Jumping to false conclusions and getting on their high horse preaching the evils of racism when it was all a fraud.  

Edited by jon_mx
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [scooter] said:

The biggest stick, believe me. Many people are saying it's the biggest stick they've ever seen. In fact, a big, burly, definitely-not-unfictitious construction worker even came up to him the other day, with tears in his eyes, and definitely didn't say to him, "Sir, that is the biggest stick that anyone has ever carried, ever. Thank you so much."

It is impressive.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...