Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Report: Ian Rapoport suspended by NFL Network

Report: Ian Rapoport suspended by NFL Network after sharing Manscaped ad on Instagram

:lmao:

Excerpt:

Ian Rapoport suspended until Oct. 22

It’s unclear whether Rapoport will be allowed to tweet during his suspension. Rapoport’s post only mentioned that he would not appear on NFL Network until Oct. 22, but he hasn’t tweeted since announcing his suspension.

If Rapoport is unable to tweet, that could have an impact on fantasy football players. Rapoport and ESPN’s Adam Schefter are among the NFL insiders who send out injury updates every Saturday evening during the football season. Fantasy managers looking to get confirmation on whether a key player is out Sunday may have to wait longer than usual if Rapoport’s suspension extends to Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
21 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Seems like an overreaction. Wouldn't just a "whoops, sorry" and a delete be more than enough? What is the big deal?

The NFL Network is part of the NFL. The NFL really, really, really likes money. They aren't going to stand for one of their employees shilling for a product without them vetting it and/or getting a cut. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Worth noting: the news has generated has been worth every penny this company spent on Ian Rappport. I heard it on the radio earlier today, i’ve now seen a dozen articles about it. . 

far more national exposure than they would have ever received without the controversy 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Worth noting: the news has generated has been worth every penny this company spent on Ian Rappport. I heard it on the radio earlier today, i’ve now seen a dozen articles about it. . 

far more national exposure than they would have ever received without the controversy 

Pun intended?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Brian Urlacher and Vitamin Water did this a long while back during the 2006 SB. 

• Like 1