What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rams Backfield 2020: Henderson seems ahead (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
It would be nice to not play any of them however with the Covid tests and teams being rescheduled and you might have to play a guy you would otherwise pass on until you have some clarity. 

Here is what we know. 

Week 1: Brown had the glory and the goal line work but Cam Akers had 14 carries and Henderson did nothing. Akers didn't do a lot with his touches but he was firmly the RB2 in that game. 

Week 2: Henderson appears or explodes with his opportunities and pushes himself into the illusion of an RB1. Akers was Out with an injury and out for a couple weeks. Brown was irrelevant mostly.

Week 3: more Henderson, not much else to speak of. 

Week 4: Brown and Henderson split time, actually Brown might have had more snaps and touches. Rams won a low scoring contest and owners were left confused about the Rams offens eand their intentions. We hear "Hot Hand" and I guess we need to be alert to it. 

Entering Week 5 it's a mess, nobody seems to know the game plan and Cam Akers is back in the cuts. 

What say you?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice to not play any of them however with the Covid tests and teams being rescheduled and you might have to play a guy you would otherwise pass on until you have some clarity. 

Here is what we know. 

Week 1: Brown had the glory and the goal line work but Cam Akers had 14 carries and Henderson did nothing. Akers didn't do a lot with his touches but he was firmly the RB2 in that game. 

Week 2: Henderson appears or explodes with his opportunities and pushes himself into the illusion of an RB1. Akers was Out with an injury and out for a couple weeks. Brown was irrelevant mostly.

Week 3: more Henderson, not much else to speak of. 

Week 4: Brown and Henderson split time, actually Brown might have had more snaps and touches. Rams won a low scoring contest and owners were left confused about the Rams offens eand their intentions. We hear "Hot Hand" and I guess we need to be alert to it. 

Entering Week 5 it's a mess, nobody seems to know the game plan and Cam Akers is back in the cuts. 

What say you?
I’m starting Henderson without confidence!

Own Akers and Henderson. My opponent is starting Brown. I’m sure it will be his day.

I am forced to play Henderson until McCaffrey returns. I'd like to see 10-15 carries and 2-3 catches and a half a chance for a score lol. Starting without confidence too!

For this week, I'd think its Henderson>Brown>Akers

For the rest of the season, I think its Akers>Henderson>Brown, though it wouldn't shock me if its unclear most weeks. If somebody does run away with the lead job though, I think that is the order of likelihood. 

Akers was in line to get the bulk of the work against the Eagles before leaving with an injury. My only concern is reinjury. Going with him over Henry in a total points league. 

Halftime

Henderson gets the opening drive but overall just 8-23-TD, also has 2-19 receiving. 42 yds and a score plus a couple catches, owners who may have started him feeling good so far. 

Akers has 4 for 17 yds on the ground

Brown just a single carry for 12 yds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Henderson 29 Snaps, 43% and he ended up with 18 touches for 68 yds including 15 for 38 on the ground or about 2.5 yds per carry. 

-Out of 29 Snaps he touched the ball 18 times, they gave him lots of opportunities to gain yards. 

-He did manage to find the end zone twice which made him about 20 in PPR, caught 3 of his 4 targets and that chipped in 12 with the TD scamper on the pass. 

-He had a long run of just 7 yds, try and keep that in mind as you curb your enthusiasm. 

Malcolm Brown 26 Snaps 38% and at one point int he 2nd half it looked like he was not involved at all even when he was on the field, his carries had to come late. He ended with 8/30 and 1/-6, pretty unmemorable game for him. 

-Potential cut bait unless an injury springs up, this is going to be a 2 Back attack soon me thinks. 

Cam Akers 13 Snaps 19% but he ends up with 9 for 61 on the ground including a long one of about 45 yards and we can play that game of remove the big play but the fact is he touched the ball often when he was in the game. 

1. Henderson but around 50% of the carries, a few more a few less but close to half. A few catches seem to find him as well. 

2. Akers is rising and back in the cuts.

3. Brown and not much to really report here even if he has more snaps than Akers, he isn't likely to out produce him most weeks. 

Akers had a 6-7 yd er carry avg in this game, that's huge going forward. 

McVay is running a slow paced offense with a RBBC and a TEBC and I recall last year him seriously dropping Kupp's snaps late in the year.

Might be a team for me to avoid going further and if I'm going to invest in someone on the team I'll take the cheaper priced player in the committee.

McVay's a smart guy, maybe sometimes to smart for his own good but he knows more about what his offense needs to function then I ever would. But he sure strikes me as someone who thinks matchups and how he can scheme you trumps pure talent which makes me question the wisdom of them extending Kupp, Woods, Goff, Higbee and the draft capital they paid for Henderson,Akers , Everett and Van Jefferson. Just seems to me if he thinks scheme and matchup are what dictates usage this team would have been better off committing tons of resources to defense and OL and letting McVay scheme up the talent he has to work with on offense.

Any thoughts as we get towards the weekend? 

Who is the RB1? Who will have the best stats come Monday?
DH has to be the leader in the club house at this point.  

I just dropped Brown in my main league as it’s clear is he’s not gonna be the guy and it’s a short bench league.  Choosing to keep Fournette and Hines over him so that should show how little faith I have there.  

Week 6

Henderson 14/88 on the ground, not involved much at all in the passing game. Many of the Rams receivers were not involved much int he passing game tonight. 

Brown was next with a couple carries and 3 catches for about 20 total yds from scrimmage

Cam Akers was not seen all night, at least he never appeared in the box score. 

Week 6

Henderson 14/88 on the ground, not involved much at all in the passing game. Many of the Rams receivers were not involved much int he passing game tonight. 

Brown was next with a couple carries and 3 catches for about 20 total yds from scrimmage

Cam Akers was not seen all night, at least he never appeared in the box score. 
Seems like you need a title change.

Seems really clear Henderson should be getting the bulk of the touches. Rams need to find a way to involve him in the passing game as well. He’s explosive and is making plays when given the chances. I think Brown and Akers are pretty much droppable in traditional redraft leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread