What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Travis Fulgham, GB (1 Viewer)

7 first half targets 

And I believe 3 of them were in the end zone.  Very, very promising even if the stat sheet hasn't shown it yet.

kids got great body control

his QB trusts him
I’m a Fulgham owner, but let’s not pretend this was entirely promising.  Wentz threw an absolute dime to him in the corner of the end zone and Fulgham was about as far from closing his hands on the ball to make the catch as a WR could possibly be.  Like, Troy Williamson level hand-eye coordination.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m a Fulgham owner, but let’s not pretend this was entirely promising.  Wentz threw an absolute dime to him in the corner of the end zone and Fulgham was about as far from losing his hands on the ball to make the catch as a WR could possibly be.  Like, Troy Williamson level hand-eye coordination.
True but let's cut him some slack.  That may have been his first mistake in 3 games and Carson clearly favors him near the end zone.  I don't see that changing anytime soon.

True but let's cut him some slack.  That may have been his first mistake in 3 games and Carson clearly favors him near the end zone.  I don't see that changing anytime soon.
I’m not saying to not cut him some slack, just pointing out that while the targets were promising, the results on reasonable possibilities (he should’ve caught that TD, or at the very least got his hands on it) weren’t awesome.  

I’m a Fulgham owner, but let’s not pretend this was entirely promising.  Wentz threw an absolute dime to him in the corner of the end zone and Fulgham was about as far from closing his hands on the ball to make the catch as a WR could possibly be.  Like, Troy Williamson level hand-eye coordination.
It looked like he didn't see the ball in the lights until the last second, with as late as he got his hands up.  Those are exactly the kind of balls that he's been going up and getting so far this season.  That one looked like it caught him by surprise like he didn't even see it was coming until the last second.

It looked like he didn't see the ball in the lights until the last second, with as late as he got his hands up.  Those are exactly the kind of balls that he's been going up and getting so far this season.  That one looked like it caught him by surprise like he didn't even see it was coming until the last second.
I think he was worried about his feet as well.

Travis Fulgham caught 5-of-11 targets for 73 yards in the Eagles' Week 7 win over the Giants. 

The 10-target effort was Fulgham's third straight. He drew six more looks than a returning DeSean Jackson, who departed late with an ugly leg injury. Fulgham could have had a bigger night, but he was the victim of a few inaccurate attempts from Carson Wentz. Three games isn't the world's biggest sample size, but it's big enough to declare Fulgham the Eagles' current WR1, especially in light of D-Jax's latest injury. Fulgham will be an upside WR3 for Week 8 vs. the Cowboys' nonexistent defense. 

Oct 22, 2020, 11:59 PM ET

5 year walkon/redshirt at a mid level major, late production in college, less than 250 O snaps in two years / three teams if pro ball

nothing points to him being elite but he’s actually a pretty good technician factoring in his background

rooting for him, one of favorite players in the league rn

fred_1_15301 said:
And I believe 3 of them were in the end zone.  Very, very promising even if the stat sheet hasn't shown it yet.
Yeah, but he definitely has work to do. 

I had forgotten just how much of a free lancer Wentz is, dude looked like a bad version of Favre out there at times yesterday.  Of course it would help if he had better receivers or an offensive line.

Yeah, but he definitely has work to do. 

I had forgotten just how much of a free lancer Wentz is, dude looked like a bad version of Favre out there at times yesterday.  Of course it would help if he had better receivers or an offensive line.
The offensive line is the biggest part. Second is the play calling. We were running the ball well enough in the first half but then just abandoned it again second half. And when they did run it was a wasted play up the gut to NYGs monster DTs.

High ankle sprain for D-Jax MRI to see if surgery is needed. Sounds like 4-6 at minimum. Fulgham’s role is entirely safe if there was any doubt.

He's been getting it done against pretty good defenses and the schedule opens up some now. Is he top 20ish the rest of the way?

High ankle sprain for D-Jax MRI to see if surgery is needed. Sounds like 4-6 at minimum. Fulgham’s role is entirely safe if there was any doubt.

He's been getting it done against pretty good defenses and the schedule opens up some now. Is he top 20ish the rest of the way?
I don't think he's top 20, no.  Djax wasn't really a threat it was more Reagor/Goedert.  Don't really see Alshon as much of one either.  Maybe the injury will somehow fix or fire up Ertz but he's been pretty bad.

I still think he's a WR3 rest of season.

I still think he's a WR3 rest of season.
this. in case anyone missed the best game of the season last night, he showed quite a number bad techniques and had at least one catchable TD go through his hands. it wasn't Engram bad, but should have caught it. he played well overall, but not in the elite neighborhood for now. let's see if he can continue to build on his opportunities.

this. in case anyone missed the best game of the season last night, he showed quite a number bad techniques and had at least one catchable TD go through his hands. it wasn't Engram bad, but should have caught it. he played well overall, but not in the elite neighborhood for now. let's see if he can continue to build on his opportunities.
Expand on this litany of bad techniques outside of the missed td. Thanks.

Expand on this litany of bad techniques outside of the missed td. Thanks.
first two targets in the game were uncatchable so not on him. but i wanna say there were three targets including that TD miss where he misjudged the ball with a defender close to him each time. before last night I noticed he had really good hands and majority of his catches were not body catches, which is part of what drew me into picking him up. last night i saw a these that weren't so clean and had forgotten he's basically a rookie. i looked for a highlight reel but only found one with his catches, which lol goes against my point here.

Assuming Fulgham doesn't fall on his face and lose his starting X spot, I think it's entirely possible he could end up being top 24 for the rest of the season.  In PPR, he was WR5 weeks 4 - 6, and WR13 currently if you add week 7.  That's with M.Williams and H.Ruggs above him having only played one game each.

In that time, Ertz was healthy and had 21 targets in weeks 4 - 6, and Rodgers had 8 last night.  Doubt Goedert is going to garner much more than that.  Reagor coming back could slot in to the Z, which has continued to get 5 or so targets per game during Fulgham's breakout.  

I don't know if he will continue to average 11 targets/game, seems unlikely, but if he holds that starting X he seems to be set for enough to push top 24 fantasy production.

Assuming Fulgham doesn't fall on his face and lose his starting X spot, I think it's entirely possible he could end up being top 24 for the rest of the season.  In PPR, he was WR5 weeks 4 - 6, and WR13 currently if you add week 7.  That's with M.Williams and H.Ruggs above him having only played one game each.

In that time, Ertz was healthy and had 21 targets in weeks 4 - 6, and Rodgers had 8 last night.  Doubt Goedert is going to garner much more than that.  Reagor coming back could slot in to the Z, which has continued to get 5 or so targets per game during Fulgham's breakout.  

I don't know if he will continue to average 11 targets/game, seems unlikely, but if he holds that starting X he seems to be set for enough to push top 24 fantasy production.
I think  he has a shot at top 24 but it's borderline.  Which makes his ceiling a WR2, and him more likely a safe and solid WR3/Flex option ROS.

first two targets in the game were uncatchable so not on him. but i wanna say there were three targets including that TD miss where he misjudged the ball with a defender close to him each time. before last night I noticed he had really good hands and majority of his catches were not body catches, which is part of what drew me into picking him up. last night i saw a these that weren't so clean and had forgotten he's basically a rookie. i looked for a highlight reel but only found one with his catches, which lol goes against my point here.
I didn’t notice any additional misjudged ones outside of the end zone one unless you mean that wild cross field throw by Wentz where I think he did well to contest it and not have it end up picked. I thought he ran a poor route before his other end zone target which wasn’t really close to him as a result.  Looked pretty good all around to me.

Pretty much what I'm thinking. Sure, some regression is to be expected, but there's room for regression and for him to still be in that top 20-25 range. He looks pretty good, Wentz obviously likes him, there isn't a ton of competition for targets, and the schedule is fairly juicy.

Just look at the results- without him they were embarrassing for the first 3 weeks of the season against pretty weak competition and have looked better in the 4 games with him against tougher competition.

Travis Fulgham caught 6-of-7 targets for 78 yards and a touchdown in Week 8 against the Cowboys.

Fulgham remained Carson Wentz's No. 1 option even with Jalen Reagor and Dallas Goedert back. His seven targets were his lowest total since Week 4. Fulgham beat Cowboys CB Trevon Diggs on an end-zone fade for his touchdown and had the longest play of the night on a 32-yard catch. Fulgham's role could be scaled back as the Eagles get healthy, but he'll be a WR3 against the Giants after a Week 9 bye.

Nov 2, 2020, 12:07 AM ET

Kinda reminds me of thielen popping up from nowhere a few years ago.
Or Miles Austin. Those two both went to small schools, excelled on STs, flashed with brilliant games in their first 2-3 years but nothing that really foretold what was ahead. Thielen's breakout third year included a 200 yard game and several 100 yard efforts. Austin stepped in for RoY around week 5 in his 4th year. That 10-250-2 game vs the Chiefs was a lightning bolt. Never looked back.

Little different path for Fulgham. 6th rounder, didn't have 100 offensive snaps total in his first 20 weeks of his Lions/Eagles NFL career (most of which were on the practice squad or inactive.) Had an iced coffee with the Packers this summer in between. The lightning bolt was that last minute bomb that shockingly won the 49ers game. With an amazing # of injuries all over the offense, he put up 10-152-1 on 13 targets against the Steelers. That should have been a pretty loud and clear siren to the fantasy community but in the same game Claypool scored 4 TDs so he was somewhat overshadowed.

6-75-1 BAL
5-73-0 NYG
6-78-1 DAL

Pretty solid production. The targets have been 11, 10, and 7 last night.

Complete list of NFL WRs with a higher PPG average in full PPR: Adams, Hopkins, Lockett, Metcalf. Not bad company, eh.

Reagor and Goedert came back last night, though perhaps not at 100% yet. Presumably at some point Alshon and Ertz return, and the consensus amongst the Philly homers is this ride won't last.

:shrug:

I drafted Thomas (6 games missed), Julio (2 games missed), Godwin (4 games missed), and Sutton (played 1 week before season ending IR.) My first WW replacement was Campbell who made it about 2 snaps before going on season ending IR. Drafted E Sanders late middle as my WR5, he carried my corps for a stretch. I would be DIW if not for what Fulgham has done the last 3 weeks. Started out 1-3, now 4-4.

Will it last when everyone gets healthy? IDK, situations matter. But looking at his film I see a guy who is really good at getting a good release. Excellent technique. The Eagles offense is predicated on route reads, and Fulgham is where Carson expects him to be. Even that first start in Week 5 - and in every week since - they gave him the full route tree, put more responsibility on him than they've ever thought about doing with Reagor or Ward.

That is super rare for someone from a small school and with as little actual game experience as Fulgham. He has a level of trust with Wentz that we previously have only seen with Jeffrey, just in terms of what they ask him to do. Out patterns where the ball comes out before the break, reads where he has 2-3 options based on the coverage, he and Wentz have to be seeing the same thing.

He is not an otherworldly talent as an athlete. But IMO he is very good at his craft, and honestly I can't remember the last time we saw a UDFA/late round pick who stepped into such a complete role from go.

He might tail off ROS, but I think he's just getting started on a very good NFL career.

How good would Fulgham look playing opposite of Golladay right now?

As an Eagles fan, I'm happy Detroit let him go, though.

How good would Fulgham look playing opposite of Golladay right now?

As an Eagles fan, I'm happy Detroit let him go, though.
Aw those stupid ####s roll out worlds oldest man at RB every week. He’d be battling Marvin Hall for the WR4 spot.

Super happy he got out of Detroit. Hoping the same for Statpadford when his dead money drops to a more palpable number in 2021.

The Fords don’t deserve superstars. Made both Barry and Calvin give back over a million when they decided they were sick of being in a losing culture and walked away. Jerry Jones had the same exact call with Romo. Keep the $2M, you earned it, appreciate what you did for us.

[/rant]

Since his debut for the Eagles in Week 4, Travis Fulgham has 29 catches, 435 yards and 4 TD. He has more fantasy points (96.5) than every other wide receiver in the NFL since that time.

#yeahbutROS

The Eagles leading WR last year was Alshon Jeffrey. Playing only 10 games, he put up 43-490-4. Travis Fulgham has played in 5.

#yeahbuteveryoneiscomingbacknow

i started the season with Reagor as a hopeful reach, then dropped him for Fulgham when he went to IR. I had a chance to drop Fulgham for Reagor last week and more or less passed on that and I think I made the right choice. Long term, sure, Fulgham is still a question mark. For this season the coaching staff would be foolish to sit this kid imo. nothing but optimism ROS.

here's another "what if" to ponder though. Part of this equation is how well he clicked with Wentz. What if, and this is a real long shot what if for this year, Wentz is benched? does Fulgham have enough talent to stay relevant if there is a QB switch, or is he more relevant now because Wentz favors him out of necessity?

From what I have seen of Fulgham so far is that he runs good routes and he has good hands. Those skills are very sustainable and I don't think he would be affected by a QB change in terms of opportunity. The OC will still scheme for him and the QB will still try to go to the guy who is getting open and who they can count on to catch the ball.

He might get worse because of poor QB play hurting the offense in general if there was a change but I don't think it would phase Fulgham out of the game plan.

From what I have seen of Fulgham so far is that he runs good routes and he has good hands. Those skills are very sustainable and I don't think he would be affected by a QB change in terms of opportunity. The OC will still scheme for him and the QB will still try to go to the guy who is getting open and who they can count on to catch the ball.

He might get worse because of poor QB play hurting the offense in general if there was a change but I don't think it would phase Fulgham out of the game plan.
He also has great body control. He turns in to his catches so smoothly, and comes down in great position for YAC. He reminds me a bit of Allen Robinson.

here's another "what if" to ponder though. Part of this equation is how well he clicked with Wentz. What if, and this is a real long shot what if for this year, Wentz is benched? does Fulgham have enough talent to stay relevant if there is a QB switch, or is he more relevant now because Wentz favors him out of necessity?
Hurts threw a pass yesterday. He threw it to Fulgham.

Reagor and Goedert came back last night, though perhaps not at 100% yet. Presumably at some point Alshon and Ertz return, and the consensus amongst the Philly homers is this ride won't last.

:shrug:
I don't agree with that and have been saying so in the Eagles thread and elsewhere for a few weeks now. He's doing exactly what they would have wanted Alshon to do, and Alshon can't stay healthy. It's clear that Wentz trusts him, which counts for a lot. He won't get 12 targets a game when everyone is back (unless they're way behind and Wentz has to throw 60 times), but there's no reason to believe he will be used any differently than he was vs. Dallas. 

Travis Fulgham caught 1-of-5 targets for eight yards in the Eagles' Week 10 loss to the Giants.

Fulgham started and played over Alshon Jeffery, but there's a lot more target competition with Dallas Goedert, Jalen Reagor, and Miles Sanders all back in the lineup. That could be enough to tank Fulgham out of starting fantasy lineups after bye weeks are cleared out of our lives. Fulgham's 13.5% target share on Sunday is a concern heading into Week 11. Consider him a low-floor flex play against the Browns.

- Rotoworld

Had a feeling midnight would strike on this story... But he passed the eye test. Maybe just a bad match up? 

What in the world happened to this guy?  Just Wentz?

Still had good targets (not like a few weeks ago)...but since the bye...2 catches for a total of 16 yards.  And that is against the Giants and Browns...not like he was facing elite pass defenses.  

With Burrow out...Higgins has likely become useless in FF...Fulgham has been the last 2 weeks.  Any hope here?

What in the world happened to this guy?  Just Wentz?

Still had good targets (not like a few weeks ago)...but since the bye...2 catches for a total of 16 yards.  And that is against the Giants and Browns...not like he was facing elite pass defenses.  

With Burrow out...Higgins has likely become useless in FF...Fulgham has been the last 2 weeks.  Any hope here?
I still have hope, especially against Seattle. While Wentz didn’t help him, to say the least, the weather was a major issue on Sunday. I’m encouraged by the fact that he led the team in targets. 

I think we need to adjust expectations now that other weapons are getting healthy, but he’s still a big part of the offense. 

Side note - Wentz is awful. Easy for me to say from where I’m sitting, but I’d bench him. 

I still have hope, especially against Seattle. While Wentz didn’t help him, to say the least, the weather was a major issue on Sunday. I’m encouraged by the fact that he led the team in targets. 

I think we need to adjust expectations now that other weapons are getting healthy, but he’s still a big part of the offense. 

Side note - Wentz is awful. Easy for me to say from where I’m sitting, but I’d bench him. 
Yeah...I guess holding out more hope for him than I am now for Higgins with the Burrow injury.  May be dropping one of them for depth elsewhere or a shiny new WR to hope on...

Travis Fulgham caught 1-of-7 targets for eight yards in Week 11 against the Browns.

Fulgham has come crashing down the last two weeks, catching a total of two passes on 12 targets. His seven targets led the Eagles, but this was another concerning game for Fulgham in what's looked like a broken offense. Fulgham has a rebound spot with Seattle's secondary in Week 12, but he'll be a low-floor WR3 play.

- Rotoworld
As I posted in the Goedert thread, target share is a much better metric than snap percentage, or it's a metric used to further define snap percentage. You can play 90% percent of the snaps but it's meaningless if your target share is hovering around 10% and you're battling inefficiency on those touches. Jalen Reagor is the new hotness in the O, and Fulgham has to battle Goedert (target share leader the last 2 weeks), Ward, and Jeffrey for targets; we aren't evening factoring Sanders and Richard Rodgers in the equation. And of course, Wentz's marked regression plays a  role too.

Users who are viewing this thread