What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 6 games (1 Viewer)

Honestly not a great waiver week outside of injury coverage -- Mattison is a must add if for whatever reason he's out there. Cook's injury may not keep him out long but Mattison is a guy who would do well right away if it flares up again. If you can carry him, there is no better league-winning back out there.

Claypool is definitely the play, he flashed here and there before exploding this past weekend and I think he can sustain FF relevance going forward.

From other games:

RBs

• Cam Akers if he's still available -- will be a revolving door so set expectations accordingly. IN case of an injury to Henderson or Brown, his value goes up
  • JD MckKissic -- primarily in PPR. I don't think Gibson will lose touches, but McKissic is getting snaps
  • Edmonds if not picked up last week. I know this team talks a lot about getting Drake more involved, getting him in space, etc. They aren't doing it and Edmonds is just as, if not more, productive in his touches. Time to flip the script to see what Edmonds can do
  • Booker as a handcuff for Jacobs
WRs

• Ruggs if not picked up going into this week
  • Darius Slayton still doing well if he's out there.
  • Fulghum is an obvious choice but with Alshon and DJ coming back, not sure how sustainable that is. 
  • Preston Williams had a fantastic game but not sure I'd trust consistency.
  • Aiyuk and Shenault should both be gone but if they aren't for whatever reason...both look to be real deals
  • Brandon Cooks had a huge game. I don't trust the consistency but that kind of performance is why people (including me) drafted him so maybe a new regime in HOU will be good for Cooks
  • Christian Kirk if he was dropped. 
  • Nelson Agholor -- boom/bust but he's been the Raiders most consistent WR and is looked for in the RZ.
In the TE camp:

• Trey Burton got a lot of work for the Colts.
  • Njoku is coming back for the Browns as their offense seems to be balancing out.
  • Gerald Everett had a nice game and we know Goff likes to look his way (Higbee being around likely provides a cap).
  • Eric Ebron had a solid day for the Steelers 

If there are nervous Higgins owners in Redraft Leagues that get cold feet and release him, you should GO GRAB HIM!

You might be able to trade for him on the cheap. Only thing I worry about is Burrow health. Cinci needs to get some immediate help on the OL, whatever that might be. 

Honestly not a great waiver week outside of injury coverage -- Mattison is a must add if for whatever reason he's out there. Cook's injury may not keep him out long but Mattison is a guy who would do well right away if it flares up again. If you can carry him, there is no better league-winning back out there.

Claypool is definitely the play, he flashed here and there before exploding this past weekend and I think he can sustain FF relevance going forward.

From other games:

RBs

• Cam Akers if he's still available -- will be a revolving door so set expectations accordingly. IN case of an injury to Henderson or Brown, his value goes up
  • JD MckKissic -- primarily in PPR. I don't think Gibson will lose touches, but McKissic is getting snaps
  • Edmonds if not picked up last week. I know this team talks a lot about getting Drake more involved, getting him in space, etc. They aren't doing it and Edmonds is just as, if not more, productive in his touches. Time to flip the script to see what Edmonds can do
  • Booker as a handcuff for Jacobs
WRs

• Ruggs if not picked up going into this week
  • Darius Slayton still doing well if he's out there.
  • Fulghum is an obvious choice but with Alshon and DJ coming back, not sure how sustainable that is. 
  • Preston Williams had a fantastic game but not sure I'd trust consistency.
  • Aiyuk and Shenault should both be gone but if they aren't for whatever reason...both look to be real deals
  • Brandon Cooks had a huge game. I don't trust the consistency but that kind of performance is why people (including me) drafted him so maybe a new regime in HOU will be good for Cooks
  • Christian Kirk if he was dropped. 
  • Nelson Agholor -- boom/bust but he's been the Raiders most consistent WR and is looked for in the RZ.
In the TE camp:

• Trey Burton got a lot of work for the Colts.
  • Njoku is coming back for the Browns as their offense seems to be balancing out.
  • Gerald Everett had a nice game and we know Goff likes to look his way (Higbee being around likely provides a cap).
  • Eric Ebron had a solid day for the Steelers 
He had some fumbling problems. I was thinking McDonald might be an interesting add.

Jarvis Landry was dropped

I need a receiver.

FAAB wise what would people spend  on Landry vs Claypool vs Fulgham?

If Watkins is out, it may concentrate some of the looks.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Sammy Watkins (hamstring) is expected to miss "a couple weeks."

The team's doctors are still evaluating Watkins' injury but he'll at the very least miss next week's Monday night showdown against the Bills (and likely the following game). Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman rivaled one another in routes run (20 to 18) in the second half on Sunday with Hardman notably playing 61% of his snaps from the slot. Although Robinson could very well lead Hardman in targets in the interim, the latter could easily out-produce Robinson on fewer touches. Expect both to be highlighted in John Daigle's Waiver Wire column Tuesday.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 12, 2020, 4:28 PM ET

Where does Dalton slide into the rest of year QB ranks?.............with Dak, it was a surefire Top 5 ranking
I have D Jones as my 3rd QB in a Superflex.......... (as not many QBs on the waiver wire in SFlex leagues)

Seems like a lot, but that's me. He looks good, but also concerned about Ertz and Ward still there plus Jeffery, D-Jax, Reagor and Goedert to return sooner rather than later. 
Agreed, it's a good chunk of $, but most players this year go for $12-15 (except last week D'Ernest Johnson Clev RB = $76). 

I have DJax so if he misses more time and Fulgham has good Wentz chemistry so...... he reminds me of Dallas WR Miles Austin who appeared out of nowhere few years ago..2010? 

I have number 1 waiver, need RB bad, Mattison is available but so is Claypool. I’m thinking Claypool and trade for RB depending on Cook injury. (Adams, Metcalf, Sanders, Deebo)

Almost grabbed both last week as FA but Covid shuffle had me scrapping 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning to blow about 80% of my remaining FAAB (43 out of 56 dollars, 100 total) on this guy. Am I crazy? The Steelers always seem to hit on WR and this guy has some insane measurables

he would also be eligible to be kept for a 14th round pick next year.... which could be huge as i doubt JuJu sticks around

Last edited by a moderator:
Drunken Cowboy said:
If Watkins is out, it may concentrate some of the looks.
Good point, although think it's different than if Hill or Kelce were out in terms of seeing a meaningful shift that makes a fantasy difference.

boilerdave said:
I think Robinson might be a better play than Hardman while Watkins is out. 
Maybe -- he seemed to get more targets down the stretch of last season compared to Hardman. To me both are interchangeable -- and both are unreliable boom/busts any given week.

Good point, although think it's different than if Hill or Kelce were out in terms of seeing a meaningful shift that makes a fantasy difference.

Maybe -- he seemed to get more targets down the stretch of last season compared to Hardman. To me both are interchangeable -- and both are unreliable boom/busts any given week.
Certainly Hill or Kelce would be a bigger effect, but even a couple of extra targets in that offense can be a big deal. 

gbill2004 said:
Zero.  I'm not interested as I see him as a one week wonder.  
He's either gonna be the guy ppl overspend on chasing points, or a guy you regret thinking was only a one week wonder.  I've let the latter happen far too many times, so I'm going for him.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
Why Hardman?
I see all the WRs on KC having FF value, but outside of Kelce and likely Hill, really hard to predict when to use them. Even when game script leans pass, it's hard to get consistency from any one WR aside from Kelce/Hill. 
Watkins is out a few weeks with a hammy. 

Nemesis said:
Where does Dalton slide into the rest of year QB ranks?.............with Dak, it was a surefire Top 5 ranking
I have D Jones as my 3rd QB in a Superflex.......... (as not many QBs on the waiver wire in SFlex leagues)
Dalton has a ton of weapons.   He is an add for sure.  

Claypool stands out as the one guy I’d overspend on, although it’s still a somewhat crowded WR corps and production may be volatile.

No matter what though, the kid does look ready for primus-time.
Looking for WR #3 with upside.

I'll have to agree. Sure was nice watching his performance. While our team started out strong at WR, it's is now not so strong and in "need" of a WR 3 playmaker with upside. Sutton goes down, AJ Brown Q, McCaffrey forces trading Hopkins for Carson and Henderson, and unable to trade Beckham, and finally picking up Watkins for emergency WR 3 relief leads to how much to spend on Claypool? I gotta feeling he'll be going for a ton. So, gotta look elsewhere most likely like Mecole, Brandin C, or back to Laviska that I dropped because of other health issues to other players. R Gage has already gone to the FA heap pile.

• Brandon Cooks had a huge game. I don't trust the consistency but that kind of performance is why people (including me) drafted him so maybe a new regime in HOU will be good for Cooks.
Cooks is my target. Someone made a comment about Hardman / Robinson and waiting for Watkins' annual soft tissue injury and this is how I feel about Fuller to a degree. Availability is always important but even more so this year.

probably will go after cooks, the cooks owner gave up on him right before the game.

mattison you're going to get one week out of, then they have a bye and cook will be back

claypool intrigued me before the breakout game but juju and johnson will be involved so he seems more suited as a bye week filler with high upside and a low floor

demarcus robinson has only had one great game in his entire career and that great game happened to involve 2 deep balls... he's done nothing since and i dont see him being viable this year either

probably will go after cooks, the cooks owner gave up on him right before the game.

mattison you're going to get one week out of, then they have a bye and cook will be back

claypool intrigued me before the breakout game but juju and johnson will be involved so he seems more suited as a bye week filler with high upside and a low floor

demarcus robinson has only had one great game in his entire career and that great game happened to involve 2 deep balls... he's done nothing since and i dont see him being viable this year either
I’m in for this take.

He was dropped right before kickoff this week in my 12 team redraft.

Im not hurting for WR help but I think he’s the top pickup of the week with the changing of the guard in Houston’s coaching staff.

is Deebo Samuel a drop candidate at this point?
I've already got:  Ridley, RWoods, McLaurin, & Marq.Brown.........and it's a tight roster and  i have to drop someone to make room.
I just don't see when i'd play him over any of those guys at this point, and with the way SF isn't clicking  (and next 2 opponents are LAR, and NEng)

1. Claypool
  2. Fulgham
  3. Kirk or Unicorn if they're out there
  4. FtizMagic while it lasts
No RBs or TEs stick out but maybe review this week but maybe double check to see if Darrell Williams is rostered.

is Deebo Samuel a drop candidate at this point?
I've already got:  Ridley, RWoods, McLaurin, & Marq.Brown.........and it's a tight roster and  i have to drop someone to make room.
I just don't see when i'd play him over any of those guys at this point, and with the way SF isn't clicking  (and next 2 opponents are LAR, and NEng)
Im playing this same game each week with Deebo.  (behind Ridley, M. Thomas, D. Parker and also have Tee Higgins).

As of right now...Mike Williams available, as well as Claypool.  Ive got claims in for both and Deebo is my drop to get one of them

Users who are viewing this thread