What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 6 games (1 Viewer)

Rank these ww qbs for this week and going forward:

carr

dalton

herbert

cousins

mayfield

anyone better?
this week I love Fitzmagic

ros:

• Herbert
  • Nope
Carr is Carr, he's going to have some good weeks but hard to trust. We haven't forgotten who Any Dalton is, yes tons of weapons but IMO they'll rely heavily on Zeke as much as they can. Intriguing possibilities because of their defense. Cousins I would rank last, they just don't have enough playmakers ATM. Mayfield gets bagged on a lot but he's going to be a decent FF QB (not great) so who cares.

Herbert is going to have some rough weeks where he turns the ball over but I love his mentality right now. They're 1-4, Lynn is a dead man walking, don't see him backing down ever. They're gonna take shots and play with some abandon, see what they've got in him. 

Mentioned this in his player thread but I wonder what Jalen Reagor's timeline is.  The last Roto note mentioned possibly week 9 after the PHI bye week.

There are yards to be had in this offense and some juicy back half of the schedule matchups to boot. 

Reagor is on a ton of redraft waiver wires.

Going to cross post my post from the Reagor thread.

I found this note curious from CBS most recent update in late September.  While week 7 seems like a stretch, maybe this puts him on track for week 9 with some certainty?

September 30, 2020 10:17 AM ET

Eagles' Jalen Reagor: Heads to IR

The Eagles placed Reagor (thumb) on injured reserve Wednesday, Tim McManus of ESPN.com reports.

Given that Reagor underwent surgery six days ago to repair a torn UCL in his right thumb, the Eagles' decision to delay his move to IR is a curious one. In any case, McManus relays that Reagor is doing well in his rehab, seemingly putting the rookie wideout on track for the three-week minimum stint on IR. The Eagles expect him to return to the lineup for their Week 7 game against the Giants on Oct. 22.

My drop for Reagor would be Aiyuk.  Those feel pretty close to each other but think I lean Reagor for back half of season upside.

My drop for Reagor would be Aiyuk.  Those feel pretty close to each other but think I lean Reagor for back half of season upside.
in a vacuum, is Aiyuk generally droppable?  i love his talent and think that he will have some big weeks, but it is so hard to predict that SF offense.  I drafted him, then dropped him, then picked him back up, but he feels like my most droppable player as i cover byes even though he's not the least talented on my roster.

If I pick up and start Fitz, it seems certain that he will have 5 turnovers.
haha yes but not this week

QB is such an easy position to stream though - there's always someone on the wire

RB is always a desert, WR is the WR3 & the melancholy of infinite sadness, but WW QBs emerge for good stretches / favorable matchups all year long

in a vacuum, is Aiyuk generally droppable?  i love his talent and think that he will have some big weeks, but it is so hard to predict that SF offense.  I drafted him, then dropped him, then picked him back up, but he feels like my most droppable player as i cover byes even though he's not the least talented on my roster.
I agree completely.  Maaaybe a spot start at WR3 or flex to cover a bye and hope for the best.. but in general seems like SF will run it, throw it to the Rhino, then a healthy Deebo and Aiyuk split the scraps.

I agree completely.  Maaaybe a spot start at WR3 or flex to cover a bye and hope for the best.. but in general seems like SF will run it, throw it to the Rhino, then a healthy Deebo and Aiyuk split the scraps.
situations matter

I’m always big on talent & film study, but the Niners are a mess on offense and both those guys have the same role when everyone is healthy. they don’t seem complimentary will be up/down with the target hog Kittle back in the mix

Mel Gordon has been charged with DUI, also reckless driving 25+ over the speed limit, not sure the fallout but for some of us that might have Bye week issues already, injuries, this couldn't come at a worse time. 

You might have to do something you don't want to at RB but it's time to start practicing the fire drills. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mel Gordon has been charged with DUI, also reckless driving 25+ over the speed limit, not sure the fallout but for some of us that might have Bye week issues already, injuries, this couldn't come at a worse time. 

You might have to do something you don't want to at RB but it's time to start practicing the fire drills. 
wtf

Navin Johnson said:
Tough to stream this season.  The lurking covid cancellations is forcing everyone to carry a minimum of 2 QB's.  Slim pickens left on the WW.
He listed all RBs he can get. Like 10 of them

Navin Johnson said:
Tough to stream this season.  The lurking covid cancellations is forcing everyone to carry a minimum of 2 QB's.  Slim pickens left on the WW.
we've got two teams carrying 3 and everyone else has 2

except for me, just carrying 1

have a choice between FitzMagic / Carr / Minshew / Cousins (4 pt TD) rn but I don't have to cover a bye for several weeks so not worried about it

ASIDE - I thought the stream conversation was about QBs. who thinks anyone can stream RBs?

Ministry of Pain said:

3 week suspension is possible. Not sure when.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/broncos-running-back-melvin-gordon-charged-with-dui-in-denver?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

Long Ball Larry said:

carr

dalton

herbert

cousins

mayfield

anyone better?
I'm trying to decide between Carr and Dalton myself.  I lost Dak in 2 leagues, but had Big Ben as my 2nd QB in league#1, and Bridgewater as my 2nd QB in league #2. Dalton certainly does have major weapons on Offense, that he never had in Cincy.  As many have stated, Dalton tosses lots of pics, and Dallas will probably run a more balanced Offense now, leaning on Zeke.  The caveat though, might be the Dallas Def.giving up tons of points and yards.  Dallas might not have any choice but to air it out with Dalton if they keep falling behind by large numbers.  As far as Carr goes, I wonder if he has finally turned the corner under Gruden's tutelage. The Carr to Ruggs dynamic was definitely an eye popper this past Sunday. Right now I can go either way, and am looking for a tie breaker.

Long Ball Larry said:

carr

dalton

herbert

cousins

mayfield

anyone better?
I'm trying to decide between Carr and Dalton myself.  I lost Dak in 2 leagues, but had Big Ben as my 2nd QB in league#1, and Bridgewater as my 2nd QB in league #2. Dalton certainly does have major weapons on Offense, that he never had in Cincy.  As many have stated, Dalton tosses lots of pics, and Dallas will probably run a more balanced Offense now, leaning on Zeke.  The caveat though, might be the Dallas Def.giving up tons of points and yards.  Dallas might not have any choice but to air it out with Dalton if they keep falling behind by large numbers.  As far as Carr goes, I wonder if he has finally turned the corner under Gruden's tutelage. The Carr to Ruggs dynamic was definitely an eye popper this past Sunday. Right now I can go either way, and am looking for a tie breaker.
I haven't been watching any Raiders games this year, just a few partials and highlights. Carr is having the kind of year Tannerhill had a year ago. I know, I know, it's David Carr, but that TD/INT ratio is insane.

Wildudes said:
Would anyone flat out drop Matt Ryan for any of them? I have Herbert.
I picked up Herbert and had every intention of dropping Ryan until I saw the Chargers bye changed to Week 6, so I'm holding both and using Ryan one more week before cutting bait.  14 team league, start 1 QB...

Birdie048 said:
I posted $36 out of $100 FA BB pot.
Fulgham, Travis Phi WR --->   He just went for $41                                                    And Andy Dalton went for $29 

Losing Bids on Fulgham were $36, $28, $21 & $11      

I got Indy TE Trey Burton for $3 

BobbyLayne said:
this week I love Fitzmagic

ros:

• Herbert
  • Nope
Carr is Carr, he's going to have some good weeks but hard to trust. We haven't forgotten who Any Dalton is, yes tons of weapons but IMO they'll rely heavily on Zeke as much as they can. Intriguing possibilities because of their defense. Cousins I would rank last, they just don't have enough playmakers ATM. Mayfield gets bagged on a lot but he's going to be a decent FF QB (not great) so who cares.

Herbert is going to have some rough weeks where he turns the ball over but I love his mentality right now. They're 1-4, Lynn is a dead man walking, don't see him backing down ever. They're gonna take shots and play with some abandon, see what they've got in him. 
This is what I was thinking exactly.  I really love Herbert ROS.  Have you seen his schedule?  The teams he is playing give up a lot of pts to QBs:

Jags / Broncos / Raiders / Dolphins / Jets / Bills / (Pats not good matchup) / Falcons / Raiders / Broncos

I have Herbert and was really really close to picking up Fitz to stream this week, and almost picked up Carr a few weeks ago but I have serious trust issues with both of them.  I believe I've read a few other posters express those same thoughts.  I feel like Fitz and Carr really have turned the corner, and really will be great this year, and I keep telling myself that over and over.  But I just... can't... bring myself to get them and keep them.  I've seen Fitz have the 4 INT game after lighting it up.  I've witnessed the Carr rollercoaster.  I wish them and their owners the best but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I still have a 2nd QB.  Brady.  And I am not excited at all about having Brady.  But I feel secure about Brady's floor i guess is the best way I can put it?  I guess that is the biggest thing, I always feel like Fitz and Carr's floor is squeaky and about to bust at any moment.  I think I am wrong this year, but the past has kept me from building up high hopes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Claypool

B Cooks

Gaskin

D Harris 

4 hot tickets on my wire. All would likely enter my flex this week and possibly beyond. I’m deeper at running back than I am at WR. 

I think I have these guys ranked appropriately if I’m thinking of rest of the season value.

Should N’Keal Harry be available in a 12 team deep bench ppr league? I feel like he’s gonna see better days especially with Cam back.

High Stakes:  $1,000 budget

Fulgham   $531  (His starting WR were Keenan Allen, Robby Anderson and Greg Ward)

Dalton      $438  (Matt Ryan was his only QB)

Buck Bradcanon said:
Mentioned this in his player thread but I wonder what Jalen Reagor's timeline is.  The last Roto note mentioned possibly week 9 after the PHI bye week.

There are yards to be had in this offense and some juicy back half of the schedule matchups to boot. 

Thanks for sharing the info on that.

Possible week 7 return from what we read. That seems optimistic to me and maybe this is a guy you can wait another week before picking him up?

I was planning to blow about 80% of my remaining FAAB (43 out of 56 dollars, 100 total) on this guy. Am I crazy? The Steelers always seem to hit on WR and this guy has some insane measurables

he would also be eligible to be kept for a 14th round pick next year.... which could be huge as i doubt JuJu sticks around
I think Claypool is worth doing this for. Especially with the cheap keeper option.

You will just need to try to get some more FAAB another way I guess.

Guy with top priority landed Claypool (also as expected as he is a huge ND fan).  Someone had dropped Gaskin...I just missed out on him.  But did manage to grab Lindsey and Mike Williams (who had been sitting FA for a bit...)  Thought about holding off on big Mike while he is on a bye...but didn't figure I would get him back next week.  And it would have been for a one week D rental anyway.

Was able to snag claypool for 51 out of 100 faab. Next highest was 41. Guess i should have stuck to my original bid of 43. Oh well. 

Anyone else have Claypool results?
I just got him for $41 in a 2 player keeper .5 PPR league ($200 budget). Had $104 to spend. He will cost $5 to keep. The other bids were $40, $40, $25, $19, $16 and $5. Around half the league had $120 or left to spend and 3 teams had a full $200. 

Buck Bradcanon said:

Last week I picked up Reagor and immediately put him in my IR spot. Worth a flyer at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread