What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I NEED A QB (1 Viewer)

Jamesinaz

Footballguy
I am the lucky guy who drafted Dak this year.  Things were wonderful - until yesterday.  The worst part is I had been away from the TV playing golf and then shopping with my wife and got home in time to turn on the game and see 3 plays before Dak went down.  Oh well.  Not feeling as bad as I'm sure Dak is today. 

Anyway on the subject I now need a QB.  Already had a vulture offer me Cam for CeeDee.  I might counter CeeDee for Watson of Jeudy for Cam.  But I also have the waiver wire including:

Carr

Herbert

Brees

Goff

Wentz

I might want to take 2 of them and try to stream a decent QB.  Looking for opinions on what route you all would take.

Sorry I left that out.  It is a 12 team non-PPR league standard ESPN scoring.  Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 TD, 1 K

Roster is:

QB - Dak

RB - A Jones, Mixon, Conner, D Harris, Edmunds, Mattison

WR - AJ Brown, McLaurin, CeeDee, Jeudy, Deebo

TE - Jonnu Smith, Tonyan

TD - Steelers

K - Zuerlien

I would not trade CeeDee or Jeudy away.  I would go qb waiver hunting... letting Edmunds and Dak go (unfortunately).  My order of the QBs you listed are:

Brees (Thomas will be back), Carr (playing well right now), Goff or Herbert (I think these two are equivalent), Wentz (I don't trust him)

Thanks all.  From what I was just reading Edmunds might be winning the lions share of work in a RBBC in AZ.  I think I'll keep him.  And Mattison might also be good to go with Cook out.  For a while.

The Cook owner has both Lamar Jackson and Minshew.  Thinking of offering a big deal.  Offer up Ceedee and Mattison for Lamar and any trash in return.  What think you all?

OK looks like its the waiver wire for me.  Here are the available QBs in no particular order.  Opinions on how you'd handle it are welcome.

Herbert (week 6 bye) looks like the real deal

Brees (week 6 bye) (Thomas back might help)

Carr (week 6 bye)

Goff (week 9 bye)

Dalton (week 10 bye)

Wentz (week 9 bye)

Mayfield (Week 9 bye)

Cousins (week 7 bye)

D Jones (week 11 bye)

Honestly I am tempted to add Cousins for werk 6 against ATL.  He should light them up.  And try to stash Herbert for long term.  Or Goff.  Or Carr.

Looking for opinions and strategy.  I can drop Jeudy to carry 2 QBs so open to plan ahead for good and bad matchups.  No guarantee I will get who I want so I need some order of 3-4 guys.

Yeah I am torn.  I guess I don't see Jeudy becoming much this year with the uncertainty at QB in DEN.  While Harris could become as close to a bellcow RB as it gets in NE.  Maybe as good as a RB2 which has trade value even if I don't use him.

Yeah I am torn.  I guess I don't see Jeudy becoming much this year with the uncertainty at QB in DEN.  While Harris could become as close to a bellcow RB as it gets in NE.  Maybe as good as a RB2 which has trade value even if I don't use him.
then see other teams and their QB situation and see if there is a trade out there.  

OK, I have  QBs.  Dalton and Cousins.  But Bridgewater was waived and I have a claim in dumping Cousins for him.  And Jeudy is gone.

I feel this is a mistake.  Jeudy is the #1 receiver in Denver and Harris is in with White and Burkhead...  a 3-headed monster with Belick running the controls?  My $$$ on White to be the primary back in most cases, yes, more receptions than running but definitely more snaps.

I feel this is a mistake.  Jeudy is the #1 receiver in Denver and Harris is in with White and Burkhead...  a 3-headed monster with Belick running the controls?  My $$$ on White to be the primary back in most cases, yes, more receptions than running but definitely more snaps.
I hear you.  This is my logic.  Jeudy is the #1 receiver for a lousy passing offense.  I don't think DEN will get it's offense together to make Jeudy more than an occasional possible WR2.  Might have one or two good games but when they will happen I have no idea.  Since I have AJ Brown, McLaurin, Ceedee Lamb, and just added Henry Ruggs I just can't use the spot for Jeudy. 

Harris is in a system that usually doesn't have a bellcow back.  And it is very possible he is just part of a 3 headed RBBC as usual there and a waste of time.  Betting you are right.  If you (and I) are wrong and he runs for 14 touches and catches 4 passes for combined 100 yards and a TD suddenly it looks like he is a bellcow.  Maybe I can then package him with Dalton for a QB upgrade. 

But I've been wrong before too. 

Users who are viewing this thread