What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Buy Low-Sell High going into week 6 (1 Viewer)

jm192

Footballguy
Anyone buying or moving anyone?

Buy low's:

1.  Jonathan Taylor, CEH, Dobbins, Akers:  I can't imagine anyone is letting them go for cheap.  But people may be frustrated with their early returns and accept a little lower than they woudl ahve a month ago.  

2.  Julio.  He's 31.  But between his age and his injury, his owner is probably a little trigger happy.  He's still an elite talent and if you're in win now mode, he's probably quite a bit cheaper than normal.

Sell high:

1.  David Johnson.  Coming off 96 rushing yards, if someone's interested, I'd love to get someone else.  The coaching change may lead to other backs getting more volume than they would have.  

I'd love to believe Brandin Cooks is a sell high. He hit this weekend but his usage and performance is so erratic that it's hard to believe he'll find consistency. He may have a game or two like this still through the season, but good luck knowing which one that will be.

I'd love to believe it as I chose to drop him to cover for byes.

:ptts:

As for sell high, I’m thinking Lockett. Metcalf seems to be taking over as the alpha dog for Wilson.

Agreed...he is not getting too many touches and it would not be a surprise if there was a coaching change at some point this season so that could jumpstart him.
Or if nothing else for next year. AP can’t go on forever like this...or can he?

You guys see 1st round rookies traded a lot in dynasty? Very, very rarely see that in any of my leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
No ones buying fitz

Only one game over 50 yards and there's many weapons in the wr room.  "No value" is an exaggeration but he's less of a wr1/2 and more of a wr3/flex
Also a FA after this year and most likely will not be re-signed by Pittsburgh

So you're gambling that the next place he goes he'll be in a similar situation to the one he was in with AB drawing the coverage off of him. That's not a selling point imo.
I guess we differ in his talent evaluation. Going to have to send some offers and see if my league mates agree with you.

northern exposure said:
In dynasty? Dak being out hurts this season, but next season?
All Dallas pass catching options are overvalued right now because how bad the D has been and Dak's production due to gamescripts. Even if Dak is healthy and resigns, both not certain, this team will likely get better on defense and pass less.

Buy lows:

Cam Newton- Had his worst game his last time out, and got COVID. Both things could depress his perception. He's already had his bye, has a nice schedule, and is QB6 PPG, even with the stinker against the Raiders.

Nick Chubb-Probably mostly a recommend for teams with winning records. My feelings on Chubb are well known, I think he's the best rusher in the NFL. He's also on a run first team, that is looking like a playoff team, and has an excellent schedule down the stretch. We've already seen there is room for both he and Hunt.

Diontae Johnson-Was the clear #1 WR the 1st 2 games, before essentially missing the last 2. He still leads the team in targets despite that. Best route runner and YAC WR on the team. Expect Claypool to be here to stay, but they play very different roles. 

Sell highs:

Drew Brees- Not that he's coming off a big game or anything, but I think the hope of Michael Thomas fixing the offense, and the big name could inflate his value. He's in the QB15-20 range for me. Maybe the Dak owner?

Miles Sanders- I just think that entire offense could be trash. They held their own against the Steelers, but I would rather sell and be wrong, then hold and be right, just has a wheels close to coming off at any point feel. Having such a big game against the Steelers and being their lone offense weapon(sorry Ertz) could inflate his value.

Robert Woods- Rams have become a run/play defense team, and unless Woods gets a TD, he's not going to be anything more than a WR3. He has a long history of not getting TD's, and now the targets are going away, under 6 per game the last month.

That being said, Ben sure does seem locked in on the other guys.  Not even sure you can use the 'top cb is all over juju' excuse. 

JoeSteeler said:
  Maybe Juju or Donte Johnson are buy  lows now that everyone has Claypool fever
I still think Juju figures it out, and coming off Claypool's breakout game, people are finally starting to panic.

Super weird to think he's 23.  He's YOUNGER than Dionte Johnson and only 16 months older than Claypool.

I still think Juju figures it out, and coming off Claypool's breakout game, people are finally starting to panic.

People forget JuJu is still just 23. I am buying where I can.
Where does JuJu rank for you guys with Chark & Marquise Brown? JuJu well above them right?

JuJu owners are likely facing a similar predicament/concern as DJ Moore owners. That is, another receiver that is taking a lot of looks away, when the assumption is that most targets should be regularly going to the presumed #1 WR.

Problem is, only a small handful of alpha dog receivers regularly gobble up targets, so for the other guys like JuJu, Moore, etc., you have to adjust expectations and value. These presumed #1 guys will get theirs, but it may be more erratic than say a Michael Thomas, Hopkins, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts on:

1.  Drake?  Obviously hasn't played like a guy you were drafting at the turn in your redraft leagues.  A lot of that is his use in the passing game, but his efficiency on the ground game hasn't been what we expected.  Do we buy low assuming he'll turn it around?  Or is Edmonds going to keep his value down?  Furthermore, even accepting his value is an RB2--is he a good buy low?  I think people have a terrible taste in their mouth on him.  

2.  Marvin Jones Jr.  He's been awful so far.  He's "only" 30.  He's typically a guy that will give you 50-60 yards and 0.5 TD's per game.  He's a WR3 that you're probably getting for pennies.  But they've added more to the running game.  Golloday and Hockenson are ascending players in the offense.  Perhaps MJJ is a fading star in Detroit?

3.  Julio?  I think he's still one of the best in the league.  But he's 31.  You may get him on the cheap given his injuries.  With the team being 0-5 and change in coaching staff/GM, I have to question if they'll blow it all up and Julio is playing with a different QB in Atlanta or changes teams himself.  

Miles Sanders- I just think that entire offense could be trash. They held their own against the Steelers, but I would rather sell and be wrong, then hold and be right, just has a wheels close to coming off at any point feel. Having such a big game against the Steelers and being their lone offense weapon(sorry Ertz) could inflate his value.
I've been trying to trade him away since the season began and nobody is really all that interested. 

Thoughts on:

1.  Drake?  Obviously hasn't played like a guy you were drafting at the turn in your redraft leagues.  A lot of that is his use in the passing game, but his efficiency on the ground game hasn't been what we expected.  Do we buy low assuming he'll turn it around?  Or is Edmonds going to keep his value down?  Furthermore, even accepting his value is an RB2--is he a good buy low?  I think people have a terrible taste in their mouth on him.
I sold a week ago. I'm a rebuilding team. Drake, Edmonds, Pollard for Jerry Jeudy and a first. Maybe a good barometer for you. Maybe not.

I always look for guys that have been nicked up as good buy-low potential... three WRs that come to mind are Julio, Golladay, and Godwin.

As other mentioned (RBs), I would be trying to sell Dav. Johnson and Drake this week.

Buy lows:

Cam Newton- Had his worst game his last time out, and got COVID. Both things could depress his perception. He's already had his bye, has a nice schedule, and is QB6 PPG, even with the stinker against the Raiders.

Nick Chubb-Probably mostly a recommend for teams with winning records. My feelings on Chubb are well known, I think he's the best rusher in the NFL. He's also on a run first team, that is looking like a playoff team, and has an excellent schedule down the stretch. We've already seen there is room for both he and Hunt.

Diontae Johnson-Was the clear #1 WR the 1st 2 games, before essentially missing the last 2. He still leads the team in targets despite that. Best route runner and YAC WR on the team. Expect Claypool to be here to stay, but they play very different roles. 

Sell highs:

Drew Brees- Not that he's coming off a big game or anything, but I think the hope of Michael Thomas fixing the offense, and the big name could inflate his value. He's in the QB15-20 range for me. Maybe the Dak owner?

Robert Woods- Rams have become a run/play defense team, and unless Woods gets a TD, he's not going to be anything more than a WR3. He has a long history of not getting TD's, and now the targets are going away, under 6 per game the last month.
Thought I could pick up Newton cheaper based on his last weak game, COVID and one year contract with the Pats. But, in a start 1 QB league, the owner wants a 2nd and 4th round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread