What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nancy Pelosi call Wolf Blitzer a GOP apologist in wild interview (1 Viewer)

Widbil83

Footballguy
Good for Wolf. Pelosi has poisoned this entire process and should be the poster child for term limits.  

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., accused CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer Tuesday of being "an apologist ... for the Republican position" during a stunning interview in which she grew visibly frustrated with "The Situation Room" anchor's questions.

The fireworks began when Blitzer asked Pelosi why she "won't accept the president's latest [coronavirus] stimulus offer."

"I hope you'll ask the same question of the Republicans on why they don't want to meet the needs of the American people," Pelosi responded. "But let me say to those people because all of my colleagues -- we represent these people ... and their needs are not addressed in the president's proposal. So when you say to me, 'Why don't you accept theirs?' Why don't they accept ours?"

Blitzer interjected, telling Pelosi that Americans "really need the money now" and quoted Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Calif., who recently said, "People in need can't wait until February. $1.8 trillion is significant & more than twice the Obama stimulus ... Make a deal & put the ball in McConnell court."

"So what do you say to Ro Khanna?" Blitzer asked. 

What I say to you is I don't know why you're always an apologist -- and many of your colleagues [are] apologists for the Republican position," Pelosi fired back, adding "Ro Khanna, that's nice, that isn't what we're going to do and nobody's waiting til February."

The contentious exchange continued when Blitzer pressed Pelosi again about Trump's $1.8 trillion proposal, asking her, "why not work out a deal with him and don't let the perfect, as they say here in Washington, be the enemy of the good?"

"Well, I will not let the wrong be the enemy of the right," Pelosi fired back.

“What I say to you is I don't know why you're always an apologist -- and many of your colleagues [are] apologists for the Republican position," Pelosi fired back, adding "Ro Khanna, that's nice, that isn't what we're going to do and nobody's waiting til February."

The tension carried on until the very end, when Blitzer attempted to wrap up the interview after the speaker accused him of "defending the administration all this time." 

We'll leave it on the note that you're not right on this, Wolf, and I hate to say that to you," Pelosi told the CNN anchor. "But I feel confident about it and I feel confident about my colleagues and I feel confident in my [committee] chairs."

Blitzer responded, "It's not about me, it's about millions of Americans who can't put food on the table, who can't pay the rent, and who are having trouble getting by."

"And we represent them, we represent them," Pelosi repeated several times over Blitzer. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/pelosi-lashes-out-cnn-wolf-blitzer.amp

I'm starting to gain some respect for CNN.  Jake Tapper the other night and now this.  Hold guests accountable in your interviews.    

I’m a democrat and she’s part of the problem. Chances of her working any deal and giving Trump talking points right before the election are nil. Trump could give her exactly what she wants at this point and it wouldn’t be enough. 
Yes and no...what she wants has been on Mitch's desk and could be brought up by the Senate any time.

But yes...she is playing the game a bit...but her point is that the ball has been in the court of the Senate...they took their break due to safety concerns (except of course when they need to rush a SCOTUS nominee through).

Which should have been the message from every democrat out there.

I’m a democrat and she’s part of the problem. Chances of her working any deal and giving Trump talking points right before the election are nil. Trump could give her exactly what she wants at this point and it wouldn’t be enough. 
Trump and Pelosi are pretty much on the same side her.  A large stimulus bill.  There are differences in the details but they could be addressed.  Mitch and the GOP Senate on the other hand are laughing at you (literally) for even thinking to care about the struggles of the rest of the non 1%.

Yes and no...what she wants has been on Mitch's desk and could be brought up by the Senate any time.

But yes...she is playing the game a bit...but her point is that the ball has been in the court of the Senate...they took their break due to safety concerns (except of course when they need to rush a SCOTUS nominee through).

Which should have been the message from every democrat out there.
There was enough garbage in that bill that the democrats knew it would never pass. It wasnt supposed to pass. It was simply there to say we put the ball in your court. 

Trump and Pelosi are pretty much on the same side her.  A large stimulus bill.  There are differences in the details but they could be addressed.  Mitch and the GOP Senate on the other hand are laughing at you (literally) for even thinking to care about the struggles of the rest of the non 1%.
Actually think Nancy and Mitch are on the same side here. Watching people argue dem vs republican as they fill their bank accounts. 

There was enough garbage in that bill that the democrats knew it would never pass. It wasnt supposed to pass. It was simply there to say we put the ball in your court. 
Pass...hah!!!! Like everything else, it doesn't even get discussion.  To claim its all Nancy playing politics or holding stimulus hostage though is what is really laughable.  What is the Senate doing?  What is the GOP doing?  Easy to just blame Nancy...but look at the big picture is the point.

As has been pointed out in another thread,  this is between Pelosi and Mnuchin.  I believe McConnell has already washed his hands of this and stated he will pass whatever the White House sends to him.

Pass...hah!!!! Like everything else, it doesn't even get discussion.  To claim its all Nancy playing politics or holding stimulus hostage though is what is really laughable.  What is the Senate doing?  What is the GOP doing?  Easy to just blame Nancy...but look at the big picture is the point.
Didn’t say she was solely holding the stimulus hostage. I said she was part of the problem. It’s not her and it’s not just the Senate. They are both playing the same game. She’s no better or worse. 

As has been pointed out in another thread,  this is between Pelosi and Mnuchin.  I believe McConnell has already washed his hands of this and stated he will pass whatever the White House sends to him.
Bolded the key part...of course he would sign whatever is sent from Trump.  The point is he won't even bring up for discussion anything sent to him by the House.  He has been the hold up on a great number of things (and it seems clear that is being done at the behest of Trump).

I keep hearing that. What parts are garbage?
The one thing I know is a sticking point is money for state and local governments. This is really needed. I don't think The House will agree to a bill without this. As far as I know The White House hasn't agreed to any money here.

The one thing I know is a sticking point is money for state and local governments. This is really needed. I don't think The House will agree to a bill without this. As far as I know The White House hasn't agreed to any money here.
So wanting to help state and local governments is now considered garbage?

I don`t think Nancy has always been this way but has changed as she aged.  Nancy is 80, at 80 years old people get grumpy and more inflexable in their thinking and thought process. Now in interviews she lashes out  even at fair questions.

. Right now unless pressured she won`t take a deal unless it is 100% what she wants politically. It is not about the people anymore.

So wanting to help state and local governments is now considered garbage?
Not to most but it’s a non starter for the Republicans and she knows that. In addition to the billions for mail in and absentee ballots. They are close enough on the top line number that a deal should be easy to make but it won’t happen before the election. Only people who want a deal at this point are Trump and moderate Republicans in tight election races. 

Helping out cities and states is a non starter for Republicans? Why is that? 
They claim it was a bail out for poorly run Democratic states and helped them more than Republican states. I saw something that showed the money doesn't disproportionately help states that voted for Hillary in 2016 but it does disproportionately help states with Democratic governors. Measured by total dollars and per capita dollars, states with Democratic governors would get more money in the House bill. However, my understanding is those numbers were created based on unemployment and those states just happen to have higher unemployment.

They claim it was a bail out for poorly run Democratic states and helped them more than Republican states. I saw something that showed the money doesn't disproportionately help states that voted for Hillary in 2016 but it does disproportionately help states with Democratic governors. Measured by total dollars and per capita dollars, states with Democratic governors would get more money in the House bill. However, my understanding is those numbers were created based on unemployment and those states just happen to have higher unemployment.
Every time a hurricane hits a city or state we rush to their aid even though the hurricane didn't affect my state or city at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could not believe she was grinning when wolf was saying that.
And then she repeats a few times "we feed them...and we feed them, Wolf.". That is creepy in the sense it comes across like she feels in a literal sense that people owe her for treating them like something less than human.   You feed a dog or a rabbit. You support family and humans.   

Granted, I may be reading it more than it needs to be but it's a poor look to look like a crazed, easily un-nerved woman who is easily rattled, speaking about people as if they are service animals.  

Users who are viewing this thread