Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Biden Years - Every day something more shocking than the last!!

18 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

After the e-mails?

They've had the emails for a year and somehow did nothing with them until a few weeks before the election. I mean, if they were as heinous as being alleged now, they certainly would have been just as shocking and earth shattering back then, too. It's hard to climb to the highest mountain and scream for an immediate investigation when they sat on the emails for almost a full year.

But since you brought it up . . .

Plenty of places have offered to research and verify the entirety of the information contained on the laptop / hard drive that ended up with Rudy Giuliani. Except neither Giuliani nor the NY Post will grant access to what they have. So no one can even review the claims of impropriety . Not only that, they aren't supplying the digital files of the few emails they have released, they are only providing photographs of the emails (meaning the emails cannot be traced and no one can tell where they came from, how they got on the laptop, and the email chain of the content and the recipients).

If the GOP actually was convinced they had a winner on this one, they would be getting as much of what they had out to anyone that would listen. But they aren't, and in fact they are doing the complete opposite of that. They aren't letting anyone look at or verify anything.

And that's completely ignoring that the alleged smoking gun emails are coming from Trump's attorney, essentially making him both the accuser and the source of the allegations. If that isn't textbook conflict of interest, I don't know what is. Fox News wouldn't touch the stuff initially. The guy that wrote the initial story for the NY Post refused to put his name on the story and wants no part of it.

If I were part of the Biden camp, the first thing I would say is give me all the information you have before anyone can even comment. Case in point . . . if someone acknowledged the emails wee real (without having looked at them), then Rudy could release new emails that they added that "show" that Joe Biden was running a child sex trade operation. No way anyone should even acknowledge anything until they have had a chance to review the entirety of what is said to be on the laptop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Megla said:

It sounds familiar for sure, just from another POV 

Same side of the same coin.  I’d say different sides but it’s not in reality.  The only difference is the color of the clothing for person holding the coin (red or blue).  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

It’s also amazing those all in on the 2-year Russia investigation that ended in “no collusion,” quickly poo poo this.  

Do you have a quote from anyone involved in the investigation that says they had a finding of "no collusion"?

Here's a starting point from Mueller;

“The president was not exculpated for the acts that he allegedly committed,” Mueller told the House judiciary committee, adding that Trump could theoretically be indicted after he leaves office.

“We did not address ‘collusion,’ which is not a legal term,” Mueller added. “Rather, we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/mueller-refutes-trumps-no-collusion-no-obstruction-line/

30 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

They've had the emails for a year and somehow did nothing with them until a few weeks before the election. I mean, if they were as heinous as being alleged now, they certainly would have been just as shocking and earth shattering back then, too. It's hard to climb to the highest mountain and scream for an immediate investigation when they sat on the emails for almost a full year.

But since you brought it up . . .

Plenty of places have offered to research and verify the entirety of the information contained on the laptop / hard drive that ended up with Rudy Giuliani. Except neither Giuliani nor the NY Post will grant access to what they have. So no one can even review the claims of impropriety . Not only that, they aren't supplying the digital files of the few emails they have released, they are only providing photographs of the emails (meaning the emails cannot be traced and no one can tell where they came from, how they got on the laptop, and the email chain of the content and the recipients).

If the GOP actually was convinced they had a winner on this one, they would be getting as much of what they had out to anyone that would listen. But they aren't, and in fact they are doing the complete opposite of that. They aren't letting anyone look at or verify anything.

And that's completely ignoring that the alleged smoking gun emails are coming from Trump's attorney, essentially making him both the accuser and the source of the allegations. If that isn't textbook conflict of interest, I don't know what is. Fox News wouldn't touch the stuff initially. The guy that wrote the initial story for the NY Post refused to put his name on the story and wants no part of it.

If I were part of the Biden camp, the first thing I would say is give me all the information you have before anyone can even comment. Case in point . . . if someone acknowledged the emails wee real (without having looked at them), then Rudy could release new emails that they added that "show" that Joe Biden was running a child sex trade operation. No way anyone should even acknowledge anything until they have had a chance to review the entirety of what is said to be on the laptop.

lol. Why should any other place besides the FBI be looking at it.  

The Hunter Biden thing is, at least for me, one of the most clear-cut examples of rational ignorance that I've encountered in quite a while.  I know there's a patina of corruption around Hunter Biden, and I'm aware of the fact that there is some news on this particular story.  (I'm mainly aware of this because Twitter ham-fistedly tried to suppress it, and you know how that goes).  But I can't bring myself to pay any attention to this story when it matters so little to my vote.  Hunter Biden could literally be murdering streetwalkers as a hobby and I would still vote for his dad with enthusiasm.  If this somehow connects back to Biden himself, they'll be plenty of time to sort it out when Trump is gone.

• Like 8

Just now, tonydead said:

That's a good question, and it helps to illustrate exactly why the NY Post was so negligent in publishing photos of the alleged emails.

Thanks for inadvertently torpedoing the Trump cause, Tony.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, tonydead said:

The only one that should be looking at it is the owner. At this point I am not sure who would be considered the rightful owner, but it sounds like the repair shop was poking around on it pretty early on. Maybe at a certain point the shop assumes ownership after the laptop was left for an extended time, but even then I am not sure if that makes transfer of what ever was on the laptop allowed. From a legal / chain of custody perspective, once the drive was copied and ended up with Giuliani and then he copied it again to give to the Post, that makes verification of anything on it hard (and probably would not hold up in a court of law . . . none of those people should have been allowed access to what was on a civilian's computer). At the time the laptop was dropped off, what probable cause was there for anyone to review anything on the laptop?

But as was just posted, you are making the case for the Democrats. If anyone should be looking at it, it should be the FBI. Whether they staked claim to the hard drive legally or not, they have had it for a year and said nothing. Yet Rudy and the Post came out and made all sorts of allegations and the Bidens don't even have access to the information that they are getting called out on.

So if you believe the only ones that should be looking at the information on the hard drive should be the FBI, then you by extension agree that whatever is on it should not be plastered across print, broadcast, and social media . . . and the Bidens should not have to speak to this in public.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Hillary’s emails - This will get them this time!

IG report- This will get them this time!

Obamagate- This will get them this time!

Durham Report- This will get them this time!

Hunters emails- This will get them this time!

* sound familiar Trump supporters?  Almost like we’ve seen this line of thinking before.   

You basically just took the behavior of the Left for Russia and every other “scandal” and inaccurately applied it for the examples above. Sorry that’s just not reality as much as you want it to be that. Biden situation deserves monitoring but no ones hyperventilating like you all did for Russiagate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parrot said:

I have to say I find this kind of shocking.

Ex-RNC Chair Endorses Biden: ‘I Cannot Support The Nominee Of My Party’

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ex-rnc-chair-endorses-biden-i-cannot-support-the-nominee-of-my-party

Are there any prominent members of the Reagan or Bush administrations, or higher-ups in the McCain or Romney campaigns, now retired from politics, who do support Trump?

There must be some, but I can't really think of any off-hand.

3 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

I guess the claim is going to be that something might be fishy and there should be an investigation.  

And then when there’s no investigation because it’s not worth it they will say the IC and the media are all against Trump.  Nice little scheme they’ve hatched - if people bought it any more.

9 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Lord I hope not - I’m hoping to never hear about Trump again after January 

Gonna be hard to do after he launches his alt-right "News" network featuring his own daily appearances.

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

You basically just took the behavior of the Left for Russia and every other “scandal” and inaccurately applied it for the examples above. Sorry that’s just not reality as much as you want it to be that. Biden situation deserves monitoring but no ones hyperventilating like you all did for Russiagate. 

Sure and you’re saying that from a completely non partisan viewpoint. So the rights complaints, that have gone exactly nowhere, are valid and the lefts complaints, that went nowhere, are invalid.  Gotcha. 🙄  The fact that you can’t see the right is acting like how the left has acted over the last few years is telling.   

* and again just like your “independent“ jab at me yesterday you’re just casing aspersions at me that aren’t true. I was not part of the Russia group. I never said I thought that had any legs or was going to take him down. The only thing I thought might come up from that is possible financial/business ties to Russia that could be iffy. I never though he actively conspired with Russia.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Sure and you’re saying that from a completely non partisan viewpoint. So the rights complaints, that have gone exactly nowhere, are valid and the lefts complaints, that went nowhere, are invalid.  Gotcha. 🙄  The fact that you can’t see the right is acting like how the left has acted over the last few years is telling.   

* and again just like your “independent“ jab at me yesterday you’re just casing aspersions at me that aren’t true. I was not part of the Russia group. I never said I thought that had any legs or was going to take him down. The only thing I thought might come up from that is possible financial/business ties to Russia that could be iffy. I never though he actively conspired with Russia.  

Instead of empty claims, show your work. There is still a Russia thread on page one that has 2,367 pages of that behavior. Please link me to the ones on the items you listed with the behavior described. I may be wrong, but I barely remember threads on these matters much less the statements you are claiming. 

27 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Instead of empty claims, show your work. There is still a Russia thread on page one that has 2,367 pages of that behavior. Please link me to the ones on the items you listed with the behavior described. I may be wrong, but I barely remember threads on these matters much less the statements you are claiming. 

There's threads or discussions about all the topic's I mentioned and you know it.  The function of them not being 2300 pages is due to the make up of the board dynamics not because of the arguments being made, but you know this too.  You want to litigate in the margins because red team good blue team bad.  I get it.  But for anyone willing to look it's clear the same basic playbook is being run by both sides and yet somehow the fans of each team thinks their plays are the good and righteous ones.  Wash rinse repeat.

They are all the same, they're all dirty and self serving.  Clinton's, Trump's, Biden's, McConnell's, Schiff's, Ryan's, Pelosi's, etc etc etc.  They are all looking out for themselves and all are into #### any rational person would not be OK with.  Yet somehow the respective teams believe the next investigation if going to take the other team down.  All these career politicians end up more wealthy then 99% of the country (with the exception of the FBG's of course, as we all know everyone here is a baller) yet each sides team is pointing a finger at the others as the problem. It's comical really if it weren't so sad.    

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

There's threads or discussions about all the topic's I mentioned and you know it.  The function of them not being 2300 pages is due to the make up of the board dynamics not because of the arguments being made, but you know this too.  You want to litigate in the margins because red team good blue team bad.  I get it.  But for anyone willing to look it's clear the same basic playbook is being run by both sides and yet somehow the fans of each team thinks their plays are the good and righteous ones.  Wash rinse repeat.

They are all the same, they're all dirty and self serving.  Clinton's, Trump's, Biden's, McConnell's, Schiff's, Ryan's, Pelosi's, etc etc etc.  They are all looking out for themselves and all are into #### any rational person would not be OK with.  Yet somehow the respective teams believe the next investigation if going to take the other team down.  All these career politicians end up more wealthy then 99% of the country (with the exception of the FBG's of course, as we all know everyone here is a baller) yet each sides team is pointing a finger at the others as the problem. It's comical really if it weren't so sad.    

Glad to see you admit the bolded as your initial post was one sided and inaccurate. I disagree with your excuses of why you can't provide threads to support as there just isn't anything close to the one sided Trump :tinfoilhat:in here. I do agree with your 2nd paragraph which is why although I don't care for alot of Trump he's light ears better than the career criminals that go to DC to work the system and become rich. Trump went to DC and lost a fortune. 

3 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Glad to see you admit the bolded as your initial post was one sided and inaccurate. I disagree with your excuses of why you can't provide threads to support as there just isn't anything close to the one sided Trump :tinfoilhat:in here. I do agree with your 2nd paragraph which is why although I don't care for alot of Trump he's light ears better than the career criminals that go to DC to work the system and become rich. Trump went to DC and lost a fortune. 

That's literally the exact opposite of what I said, you changed the discussion.  Re: your second sentence, they aren't excuses as that was never my point.  See my first sentence here.  

I never said the arguments weren't used more on one side here.  OF COURSE they are as it's a 90% anti Trump place.  You changed to discussion to this point, one I never made.  I'm saying the same arguments are being used by both sides.  It's the same playbook.  "Our investigation is gonna get your guy and your investigations are just BS" .  But again I believe you know that is my point and you're shifting the narrative on purpose so I'll be on my way.  Have a good day GB.

*for the record we definitely have some fundamental disagreements about your last sentence and a half but I'm not going tumbling down that rabbit hole.

• Laughing 1

https://twitter.com/seanlangille/status/1318673941624426497?s=21

#BREAKING: A senior federal law enforcement official tells @JakeBGibson

1) FBI & DOJ concur w/ Ratcliffe that Hunter Biden's laptop & the emails in question weren't part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

2) The FBI DOES have possession of the Hunter Biden laptop in question.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coach Morris Buttermaker said:

https://twitter.com/seanlangille/status/1318673941624426497?s=21

#BREAKING: A senior federal law enforcement official tells @JakeBGibson

1) FBI & DOJ concur w/ Ratcliffe that Hunter Biden's laptop & the emails in question weren't part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

2) The FBI DOES have possession of the Hunter Biden laptop in question.

Let's see how long it takes and if anyone besides Fox reports this.

Edited by bcat01
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Apparently Rudy has dropped off the hard drive with the Delaware St. Police. 

(Regretting this already) What is the legitimate reason for Rudy having this hard drive? Was it Hunter Biden’s and he left it at a Starbucks and a concerned citizen thought the President’s lawyer was the best person to bring it to?

• Thinking 1

Just now, Biff84 said:

(Regretting this already) What is the legitimate reason for Rudy having this hard drive? Was it Hunter Biden’s and he left it at a Starbucks and a concerned citizen thought the President’s lawyer was the best person to bring it to?

There is plenty of reporting on this already.

7 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

Give me the Cliff Notes.

Laptop was abandoned at a repair shop

Shop owner saw things worth reporting to the FBI and did so.

Rudy also got a copy of the hard drive.

Rudy saw something illegal and turned it over to authorities. 

Just now, Max Power said:

You left out the part where Rudy shopped what he had around. And that Fox News wouldn’t take it. And that he gave it to the NY Post, whose writer didn’t even want his name attached to the story. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:
5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

You left out the part where Rudy shopped what he had around. And that Fox News wouldn’t take it. And that he gave it to the NY Post, whose writer didn’t even want his name attached to the story. 

It also looks like he added the part about "Rudy saw something illegal" (I haven't seen a source where Rudy has verified such a claim).