What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Biden Years - Every day something more shocking than the last!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong.  If all the information came from a foreign entity trying to influence an election, than it totally matters.  This is something that your side really wants everyone to ignore.
Yeah I've got different opinions on that than most people.  Disinformation I agree, but if it's truth - truth Trumps source every single time.

Yeah I've got different opinions on that than most people.  Disinformation I agree, but if it's truth - truth Trumps source every single time.
Apparently the main stream media doesn't think so.  Probably the reason for Rudy's bizarre lies about how he came across the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be front and center in the debate tonight.  Interested to hear Joes explanation.   

:lol:   Can't wait for the he had no idea about Hunter's business dealings and Hunter is a good boy.

Direct ties to Joe Biden from a 37 year military officer caught up in this who will now be providing all records and documents.  :popcorn:

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-biz-partner-confirms-e-mail-details-joe-bidens-push-to-make-millions-from-china/
He was the  grandson of a 37 year Army Intelligence officer.  He himself served 4 years in the Navy.  He also is very vague in what exactly the Bidens did "behind his back". 

It is very odd that less than two weeks before the election he wants the Bidens to outline the facts so he doesn't to have to answer questions for them.  If the guy has information of illegal activities on the Biden's part then it is his duty to turn it over to the authorities.  

This should be front and center in the debate tonight.  Interested to hear Joes explanation.   

:lol:   Can't wait for the he had no idea about Hunter's business dealings and Hunter is a good boy.
But it won't.  It will be bought up by Trump, but not even discussed by Biden.  

And this is Trump's goal.   He wants the debate to be about Hunter Biden which is of little importance to most Americans who are more concerned with the pandemic, unemployment, health care, the growing trade deficit with China, civil unrest, etc. 

"The reference to 'the Big Guy' in the much publicized May 13, 2017 email is in fact a reference to Joe Biden," Bobulinski said in a statement to Fox News.

Bobulinski said he is the CEO of Sinohawk Holdings, which he explained "was a partnership between the Chinese operating through CEFC/Chairman Ye and the Biden family." He said he was brought on as CEO by Hunter Biden and James Gilliar, who was listed as the sender of the email.

Bobulinski went on to say he does not believe Joe Biden's past claim that he and Hunter did not discuss his son Hunter's business, claiming that Hunter "frequently referenced asking him for his sign-off or advice on various potential deals."

"I’ve seen Vice President Biden saying he never talked to Hunter about his business. I’ve seen firsthand that that’s not true, because it wasn’t just Hunter’s business, they said they were putting the Biden family name and its legacy on the line," Bobulinski said.

And this is Trump's goal.   He wants the debate to be about Hunter Biden which is of little importance to most Americans who are more concerned with the pandemic, unemployment, health care, the growing trade deficit with China, civil unrest, etc. 
:no:

"The reference to 'the Big Guy' in the much publicized May 13, 2017 email is in fact a reference to Joe Biden," Bobulinski said in a statement to Fox News.

Bobulinski said he is the CEO of Sinohawk Holdings, which he explained "was a partnership between the Chinese operating through CEFC/Chairman Ye and the Biden family." He said he was brought on as CEO by Hunter Biden and James Gilliar, who was listed as the sender of the email.

Bobulinski went on to say he does not believe Joe Biden's past claim that he and Hunter did not discuss his son Hunter's business, claiming that Hunter "frequently referenced asking him for his sign-off or advice on various potential deals."

"I’ve seen Vice President Biden saying he never talked to Hunter about his business. I’ve seen firsthand that that’s not true, because it wasn’t just Hunter’s business, they said they were putting the Biden family name and its legacy on the line," Bobulinski said.

"The Biden family aggressively leveraged the Biden family name to make millions of dollars from foreign entities even though some were from communist controlled China," he added.

Bobulinksi also said that he believes that the Chinese involvement in the deal was "political or influence investment" on their part, and that "Hunter wanted to use the company as his personal piggy bank by just taking money out of it as soon as it came from the Chinese."

tonydead said:

People can post this over and over again. So Joe Biden is the "Big Guy" referenced in the email. Big whoop. In 2017, he was a civilian. So far there is one email about a proposed deal with no follow up and no indication it went further than that. There is nothing that shows Joe Biden received anything from this proposed arrangement, which so far does not look like it ever happened and IIRC the company they are talking about went bankrupt. But the spin is Biden COULD have made millions . . . as a businessman AFTER he was no longer in office. Yet that is indicative of corruption . . . when Trump makes millions of dollars with a slew of international business holdings and transactions while owing hundreds of millions of dollars to foreign banks.

People can post this over and over again. So Joe Biden is the "Big Guy" referenced in the email. Big whoop. In 2017, he was a civilian. So far there is one email about a proposed deal with no follow up and no indication it went further than that. There is nothing that shows Joe Biden received anything from this proposed arrangement, which so far does not look like it ever happened and IIRC the company they are talking about went bankrupt. But the spin is Biden COULD have made millions . . . as a businessman AFTER he was no longer in office. Yet that is indicative of corruption . . . when Trump makes millions of dollars with a slew of international business holdings and transactions while owing hundreds of millions of dollars to foreign banks.
Just one email?  After he left office with no further political influence you say.

Again . . . he was already out of office. You think politicians suddenly delete all their contacts when they leave office?

I notice you have completely ignored multiple posts about what Trump is doing AS A SITTING PRESIDENT to make tens of millions of dollars.
This isn't the Trump thread.

:lol:   That's not just a contacts list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think it's 100% believable and likely that Hunter was running around trying to drum up business by teasing his fathers influence.  Swampy for sure.  I assume that most career politicians have some dark sheep in their family trying to do this.  It's ugly and if we have evidence of it, it needs to be shut down asap.  This is where governmental ethics and watchdogs need to be involved - apparently they warned Joe about Hunters involvement in Ukraine and were ignored (not going to mention the 10,000 ft elephant in the room).  It's a problem.

Still, that doesn't tie anything to Joe.  I'm going to need more than innuendos and allegations.  I want Joe to be held to the same standards Republicans held Trump to WRT Russia and Ukraine.  Second hand information, overheard conversations, hearsay - all of that wasn't enough to remove the president then, it shouldn't be enough to preclude Biden now.  Further, in this pay-for-play theory, lets see if money found it's way into Joe's account. 

What are the odds Biden is forced to actually address this tonight in the debate? I’m going 5% here, just because the MSM and big Tech are suppressing this story.

So the accusations are about business dealings after he was out of office? And that he may have used business contacts from his time in politics. Are there even accusations that he did anything while in office or just speculation that he must have? Is that what we’ve gotten to, speculation that Biden may have possibly done something that Trump is currently blatantly doing out in the open? And that’s the reason we should vote for Trump over him?

What are the odds Biden is forced to actually address this tonight in the debate? I’m going 5% here, just because the MSM and big Tech are suppressing this story.
I saw an article last night citing "someone in the Biden camp" on how Biden was prepping for the debate. It was suggested Biden would point to the never ending investigation of his alleged involvement in Ukraine and emphasize that the GOP has come back concluding he had not done anything illegal. This would be another smear campaign that appeared again right before the election with potential outside interference to sway the election. It was also meant to deflect from DJT's failure to adequately take on COVID and to deflect from Trump's own shady business deals. Biden acted on official capacity of the US government, acted according to US foreign policy, and did nothing illegal.

The article went on to suggest that if Trump kept attacking Hunter that Joe was getting coached to go after Trump's kids on both a professional and personal level (but they weren't sure if Joe really wanted to go there). As far as the emails went, apparently the plan is to not comment on anything in detail (ie smear campaign and propaganda) and to stick to the topics outlined for the debate.

Unfortunately, I can't find the article again.

So the accusations are about business dealings after he was out of office? And that he may have used business contacts from his time in politics. Are there even accusations that he did anything while in office or just speculation that he must have? Is that what we’ve gotten to, speculation that Biden may have possibly done something that Trump is currently blatantly doing out in the open? And that’s the reason we should vote for Trump over him?
That seems to be the gist of it, and it doesn't make sense to me either, if the goal is trying to win the undecideds or get those leaning Biden to change their vote.  

It would not surprise me if Trump bashed Biden for trying to make corrupt deals but he is such a failure that he couldn't even pull that off. But according to the GOP, there is clear evidence he tried to make millions off of his name, he lied about his involvement in Hunter's businesses, and millions of dollars changed hands (citing the $3.5 million that they are saying was given to Hunter from the wife of the Moscow mayor).

Even Trump's own advisors are telling him to stick to his record, his accomplishments, and his economy pre-COVID and to minimize his attacks on Hunter Biden. Like last time, Biden can flip things to make Hunter out to be a tragic story and the president will look like he is attacking someone with an addiction problem. Essentially, Trump could lose more voters than he would gain by beating up Biden over his son, the emails, and the illicit photographs.

I’ll take the under.  It’s more likely they ask him about ice cream. 
One chocolate and one vanilla!

100% brought up by Trump though, regardless the questions asked.  He ought to lead with it with the very first thing he says.  Ask the moderators if that is a question that is on their list and if not he'd like to ask it right now.

CNN anchor Brian Stelter on Wednesday chided a reporter after she criticized the media’s double standard in reporting on Hunter Biden’s controversial emails, telling her that she is “bitter” and harbors “resentment” about the matter.

Susan Ferrechio, the Washington Examiner’s chief congressional correspondent, called on media outlets to take seriously the recent reports about leaked emails revealing high-dollar negotiations between Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden and foreign companies.

“He’s running for president of the United States, and this is serious,” Ferrecio said of the former vice president during Wednesday’s radio broadcast of “The Media Show” hosted by the BBC’s Amol Rajan.

“This is not last year’s news. It’s whether or not his son was coordinating to get him to talk to these Ukraine oligarchs and he was benefiting from it. I mean it’s really dirty, and it needs to be looked at,” Ferrechio said.

Stelter responded that the “bottom line” is that “we don’t know what is real and what is fake in these emails, if there is anything real in them.”

“Yeah, but that didn’t stop anybody from reporting the Mueller and the dossier and all that stuff,” Ferrechio replied.

“I know you’re bitter. I understand that you have a lot of resentment about this,” Stelter told her.

“Oh, now we have ethics, okay. Now we have ethics,” Ferrechio answered.

Stelter then launched into a spirited defense his network’s coverage, saying, “Don’t you dare. Don’t you dare act like newsrooms didn’t have ethics in 2017 and 2018. You know they did.”

Chaz McNulty said:
Wow.  You can't see the difference between a shop lifter and someone who commits an armed bank robbery?
Wow. You can’t see that both sides totally suck?

Seriously.....you can’t see that?

Joe is fragile when it comes to Hunter, his aides were afraid to advise him against the business dealings:

The subject of Hunter was a source of such profound sadness that many aides disliked ever raising it with the vice president, even if they might have had misgivings about the younger Biden’s professional dealings. One source told Entous that difficult conversations about family would cause Joe Biden to get “deeply melancholy, which, to me, is more painful than if someone yelled and screamed at me. It’s like you’ve hurt him terribly. That was always my fear, that I would be really touching a very fragile part of him.”

Personally, I think it's 100% believable and likely that Hunter was running around trying to drum up business by teasing his fathers influence.  Swampy for sure.  I assume that most career politicians have some dark sheep in their family trying to do this.  It's ugly and if we have evidence of it, it needs to be shut down asap.  This is where governmental ethics and watchdogs need to be involved - apparently they warned Joe about Hunters involvement in Ukraine and were ignored (not going to mention the 10,000 ft elephant in the room).  It's a problem.

Still, that doesn't tie anything to Joe.  I'm going to need more than innuendos and allegations.  I want Joe to be held to the same standards Republicans held Trump to WRT Russia and Ukraine.  Second hand information, overheard conversations, hearsay - all of that wasn't enough to remove the president then, it shouldn't be enough to preclude Biden now.  Further, in this pay-for-play theory, lets see if money found it's way into Joe's account. 
Well said.  There's no proof.  Besides,  Biden can pardon Hunter after he's in office anyway.  Isn't that what presidents do these days?  Have their friends and family members take advantage of their family name to fill their wallets?  Then pardon them when they're caught doing his bidding?  Oh wait...  Only one president does this.   If this is all the Republicans have to hang their hat on it's gonna be a bright blue sky next month.

Drip, drip, drip comes the trove of data. Now diamonds the Bidens had been given by Ye Jianming.  Hunter's wife apparently wanted her fair share during the divorce:

“Hunter is in possession of a large and extremely valuable diamond,” lawyer Rebekah Sullivan wrote on Feb. 17, 2017.

“Please provide proof that the diamond has been placed in a safety deposit box – accessible only by both parties together – by noon tomorrow or we will have no choice but to ask the court, on an emergency basis, to enjoin his further dissipation of assets, including the diamond.”

Biden’s lawyer, Sarah Mancinelli, forwarded the email to him, along with a note saying, “Can you tell me what this about and allow me to reassure them there is no issue here?”

In a second email chain, Mancinelli forwarded a follow-up message in which Buhle’s lawyer demanded a “complete explanation, as soon as possible” regarding the diamond’s whereabouts.

“I don’t know what else to tell them. If you can craft a couple of sentences for me to send her, I would appreciate it,” Sullivan wrote.

moleculo said:
no offense, but this article drips with partisan hackery.  Makes it hard to take serious.
My favorite is the use of the rights new favorite new tag line of the past few weeks. “Big Tech”....

“If the media and Big Tech companies had done their jobs over the past several weeks...”

Wow. You can’t see that both sides totally suck?

Seriously.....you can’t see that?
Are you new to politics? No reasonable person believes their side is ‘good’. There’s just significant differences in the degrees of ‘bad’ right now. Back to the example that was given - there’s a reason why there’s a difference in punishment between shoplifting and armed robbery for obvious reason. Does that make shoplifting ok? Of course not, but it’s not the same as armed robbery.

If these accusations make you uncomfortable to vote for Biden that’s ok. But if the response is to instead vote for Trump, that’s just completely flawed logic.

Drip, drip, drip comes the trove of data. Now diamonds the Bidens had been given by Ye Jianming.  Hunter's wife apparently wanted her fair share during the divorce:
So you've already seen the proof that these were actually Hunter's emails?  Wow.  No one else in the world has seen the proof.  You should let the world know.

I don't think the Trump supporters realize how much it would backfire if Trump tried to bring up Hunter's emails during the debate.

Joe could just say "We're in the middle of a pandemic and the President is too busy obsessing over my son's emails."

The public doesn't care about emails.

This type of information will get Trump exactly zero votes, and in fact could actually cost him some. The average American could care less about someone's dirty laundry stemming from a divorce, especially when it's not even the person running for office. At some point, people will get tired of all these daily leaks and identify that it is a planned campaign by the GOP to influence the election. If they really wanted a chance for a full-fledged investigation, they would have done so a year+ ago and released everything they had at the time. Instead they waited 12-18 months to just before the election when there isn't any time to try to look into it. And they wonder why many people are looking at the Hunter laptop situation as a Hail Mary and last ditch effort to turn things around and hoping that something will stick.

I don't think the Trump supporters realize how much it would backfire if Trump tried to bring up Hunter's emails during the debate.

Joe could just say "We're in the middle of a pandemic and the President is too busy obsessing over my son's emails."

The public doesn't care about emails.
I’m hoping his team preps him for this response although I would tweak it a little. “Trump has spent more time obsessing over Hunters emails than he has actually addressing the current pandemic where 225k of our fellow citizens have died.  He cares more about getting re-elected than he does your lives.”

tonydead said:
Agree.  Like Ghandi said "even if you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth." 

I think in a more normal environment everyone could probably say there are truths out there that are important to investigate but it is hard to do right now. Journalism is, as we once knew it, dead and there are a lot of things out there that some people want to be ignored. 

Chaz McNulty said:
But it won't.  It will be bought up by Trump, but not even discussed by Biden.  
That is certainly true because that is the plan. Say as little as possible about anything.  

Which, if we can be objective and not just blindly defend "our side", doesn't that seem a little peculiar? 

I mean, isn't it normal that when someone accuses us of something and we are guilty, we kind of lash out, call it stupid...grumble a bit...or go quiet?  

But when someone accuses us of something and we KNOW we are innocent, don't we get this bullet proof mentality of "i'll go out of my way to denounce this?"  

It reminds me of kids:  Jane, did you push Bobby down?

guilty Jane-"no..(softly).  Or NO! (start yelling and try to deflect).

Innocent Jane-I absolutely did not and I am not going to let Bobby get away with that. I (explains it rationally).

For whatever reason, we humans seem to be hardwired that we speak more about things in a more convincing tone when we are right and believe in what we are saying and we seem to clam up when we don't. 

Just one guy's opinion but I would think that if they were absolutely without guilt, they and their campaign would have made a strong point to get that out there but for some reason they haven't.  

It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread