What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time (4 Viewers)

And folks -- the playbook reads: Noms de guerre for cannon fodder ... noms de plume for TimDrafts. Too many of y'all are doing it backwards.

The tradition of drafters getting axed continues. I think the sports draft has the record with the election around the corner, this draft could set the new standard. 

Good show but seems like a total fantasy land now. Wife and I were rewatching it over this last year but I had to stop half way through because it just reminded me of how awful things have gotten since the show originally aired. 
I think HBO is doing some kind of reunion show. I’ve seen ads on TNT

Good show but seems like a total fantasy land now. Wife and I were rewatching it over this last year but I had to stop half way through because it just reminded me of how awful things have gotten since the show originally aired. 
West Wing is closer to human reality than our actual political reality is today. America becoming customers before citizens was the societal equivalent of leaving our garage door open and bringing the entirety of our unprocessed & uncontained garbage out to it for a course of years.  Now we are astounded and revolted that our garage has become a rat & raccoon colony and that a rivulet of waste flows constantly down our driveway to the nearest groundwater. Now, our fascination with & revulsion toward the size and virulence of the beasts we've created in the world past our breezeway keeps us distracted from starving out the fetid hostel and practicing good garage hygiene again. We can all be Westwingers. We've chosen to be raccoonkeepers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So do tv detectives have to actually be detectives, or can they have other jobs where they investigate things?

Asking for Yo Mama. 

I mean, they could have another title within the police force, or even investigate things privately (ifyouknowwhatimean). 
Again, I don’t have a problem with somebody drafting it but think the judge should give some weight to whether the choice is an actual detective. 

To put in for a couple of categories for judging, if they are up grabs. Gally might throw a fit if I take too serious business of a category (at least Cecil B. DeMille predated TV); so, I’ll request:

1. Game shows

2. Commercial

So do tv detectives have to actually be detectives, or can they have other jobs where they investigate things?
If your asking me ... there’s no need at all for a TV Detective to be a law enforcement officer. There should be no weighing of deputized police detectives over PIs and other types of less-typical crime solvers.

Alright, I like to joke about this show, but the fact is that 4 seasons of it were epic and even though the last part pooped the bed, what never did was Dinklage brining it all the time.  My favorite character of the show and books, and there is a reason he won all the awards.  

3.15:  TYRION LANNISTER  (SUPPORTING MAN '09-20)

Alright, I like to joke about this show, but the fact is that 4 seasons of it were epic and even though the last part pooped the bed, what never did was Dinklage brining it all the time.  My favorite character of the show and books, and there is a reason he won all the awards.  

3.15:  TYRION LANNISTER  (SUPPORTING MAN '09-20)
I would argue one of the biggest weaknesses of the last couple seasons was that they didn’t give anything interesting for Tyrion to do. He became pretty much pointless the last 2-3 seasons.

I would argue one of the biggest weaknesses of the last couple seasons was that they didn’t give anything interesting for Tyrion to do. He became pretty much pointless the last 2-3 seasons.
To be fair to D&D - this was also a book problem.   I am not a Dany fan - I think she's pretty boring.  As soon as he made the choice to ship Tyrion across the sea, it neutered that character because he didn't have smart deceptive people to interact with.   

Back in the day, TV miniseries were an event that were aired on consecutive days for a week or two. And this was THE miniseries event. Yo Mama selects:

3.16 - Roots - Miniseries

ABC took a bit of a risk with this epic back in 1977, but it totally paid off. 37 Emmy nominations, with 9 wins, plus golden globe and Peabody awards. 

The finale still holds the 3rd best ever ratings for a tv series episode. Fun wiki stats:

”The miniseries was watched by an estimated 130 million and 140 million viewers total (more than half of the U.S. 1977 population of 221 million—the largest viewership ever attracted by any type of television series in US history as tallied by Nielsen Media Research) and averaged a 44.9 rating and 66% to 80% viewer share of the audience. The final episode was watched by 100 million viewers and an average of 80 million viewers watched each of the last seven episodes. Eighty-five percent of all television homes saw all or part of the miniseries. All episodes rank within the top 100 rated TV shows of all time.”

Sorry for the delay.  Couldn’t figure out how to explain to Mrs Yo Mama and YM Jr why I couldn’t help answer application questions. Not sure why a local pasta restaurant needs a full psychological profile for a cashier. 

Time for a feel good selection. Yo Mama selects:

4.01 - Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood - Children’s Show

Where Sesame Street taught us how to count, read, and learn, Mr. Rogers taught how to care, understand others, and feel good about ourselves.

Fred Rogers was a leading advocate for public television, for mental health awareness, for tolerance and acceptance, and for loving yourself for all that you are.

One of the more powerful moments I remember from tv was Fred sharing a kiddie pool with Officer Clemons on an episode in 1969, when African Americans were banned from many public pools.  It also meant a lot to me to see Fred not need to be perfect at everything he did  

When I was having a bad day, Mr. Rogers provided comfort to me like a warm sweater or a comfy pair of sneakers.  

Sorry for the delay.  Couldn’t figure out how to explain to Mrs Yo Mama and YM Jr why I couldn’t help answer application questions. Not sure why a local pasta restaurant needs a full psychological profile for a cashier. 

Time for a feel good selection. Yo Mama selects:

4.01 - Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood - Children’s Show

Where Sesame Street taught us how to count, read, and learn, Mr. Rogers taught how to care, understand others, and feel good about ourselves.

Fred Rogers was a leading advocate for public television, for mental health awareness, for tolerance and acceptance, and for loving yourself for all that you are.

One of the more powerful moments I remember from tv was Fred sharing a kiddie pool with Officer Clemons on an episode in 1969, when African Americans were banned from many public pools.  It also meant a lot to me to see Fred not need to be perfect at everything he did  

When I was having a bad day, Mr. Rogers provided comfort to me like a warm sweater or a comfy pair of sneakers.  

Now this is the SOD.  :)   

As I looked over the categories there were a couple that really stood out as not being very deep for my tastes.   I have said so many times that part of my frustration with shows is they limp to the ending and die.   After I wrote this down and was considering it for one of my first couple picks, I looked at a couple lists and it was always at the top.  Keep in mind that a couple others that might be right there I haven't seen.   I can't think of a show that was this much of a gut punch for me when it ended and after all these years the way we wrapped up the story of the Fisher family still sticks with me.  I am pretty sure I :cry:  for the last 2 episodes...  

4.02:  SIX FEET UNDER  (series finale) 

After Buffy got taken, this and Tyrion were the two on my list that I was the most passionate about, so let's do it... 

YMTV

Yo Mama’s TV was so old, I used to have to change channels with some pliers after the knob broke off.

Star Trek - Sci-Fi

Lucy Ricardo - 1950-70 Lead Woman Comedy

Roots - Miniseries

Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood - Children’s 

😎

YMTV

Yo Mama’s TV was so old, I used to have to change channels with some pliers after the knob broke off.

Star Trek - Sci-Fi

Lucy Ricardo - 1950-70 Lead Actress

Roots - Miniseries

Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood - Children’s 

😎
You have four potential top scores there.  :thumbup:

I was going to input some stuff into the google doc, but it is view only. I understand why, just letting everyone know I tried

AcerFC said:
I was going to input some stuff into the google doc, but it is view only. I understand why, just letting everyone know I tried
If you want to help out I can make you an editor.  Just PM me your Google email 

You know what it is? You're always attracted to someone who doesn't want you, right? Well, here you have somebody who not only doesn't want you... doesn't even acknowledge your right to exist, wants your destruction! That's a turn-on.”

4.03: Larry David, 1999-2020 Leading Man Comedy

Users who are viewing this thread