Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3.2: Mad Men-1991-2020 drama I missed it first time around and things that get what I perceive to be overhyped tend to repel me just as a reflex.  In this case, it was definitely to my chagrin, b

News personality scores Below are my scores for news personality. I posted in here a few times that I was open to input/scores before finalizing rankings. I received a PM from one person offering

Alright, because something dropped I don't get to hear about my planned pick being a terrible one, right @krista4?    1.15:  BREAKING BAD ( 1991 - 2020 DRAMA)    2.01:   BAND OF BROTHERS  (M

6.11 - Andy Taylor - TV Dad

With apologies to all the TV Dads out there, there's not a single one on the list that I would want as my Dad more than Andy.  Single Dad to Opie, you know right from the show intro where his priorities lie and what is important to him.  Smart, funny, rugged good looks, tough, strong in his convictions but loving. 

@higgins

• Like 1
  • Love 4

“This is the true story … of seven strangers … picked to live in a house … work together … and have their lives taped … to find out what happens … when people stop being polite … and start getting real"...

6.02:  THE REAL WORLD  (REALITY SHOW)

Thought about this pick a lot, and I think it very fitting that with this pick I get a show that basically kicked off the wave to reality shows as we know them.  Also fitting that a show that broke ground by having people deal with race, sexuality, diseases, and other things also morphed into complete trash about 1/2 way through it's run and that represents a too large of a portion of the output of the genre.  I am not going to pretend that I watched more than 1/3 of the seasons, but for people of a certain age this was an important one and most of my friends watched this show. 

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 4

Pick 6.15 - The Wonder Years (Category - Teen)

Team GallStein looked for the Slumdog Millionaire version to make sure we could maximize the teen category points but just couldn't figure out the equivalent so we settled on this iconic teen show.  

It is the coming of age tv show and hopefully it scores well.

@Hov34 up for two.

Edited by Gally
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Hov34 said:

6.16 - Star Trek The Next Generation (Science Fiction)

7.01 - The Chapelle Show (Variety)

Ouch.  

ETA:  this time i will add the :rant:    

I was just watching some Chapelle tonight in prep for hopefully getting it in round 7.  I didn't have my notes with me on the last pick, and forgot that I had that written at the top.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Ouch.  

ETA:  this time i will add the :rant:    

I was just watching some Chapelle tonight in prep for hopefully getting it in round 7.  I didn't have my notes with me on the last pick, and forgot that I had that written at the top.  

I almost took it too. Thought it would slide a bit. 

4 hours ago, AcerFC said:

All kidding aside, I hope @AndrewClark is OK

Got a message from him that he's on TO.  I'm trying to determine if he wants to send me picks to post or if he's done with the place.  The whole thing is BS, so understand if it might be the latter.

Just now, krista4 said:
4 hours ago, AcerFC said:

All kidding aside, I hope @AndrewClark is OK

Got a message from him that he's on TO.  I'm trying to determine if he wants to send me picks to post or if he's done with the place.  The whole thing is BS, so understand if it might be the latter.

Yeah, he's done with this place.  Understandably.  What a shame.  

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Did he say what happened? 

He called out someone for being an alias in the PSF.  Wasn’t rude or anything (I saw the post), but got four months for “spamming”.

5 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

How the hell is that "spamming"?

I think that’s the default that mods mark when they don’t have time/inclination to put a real reason in.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Just now, AAABatteries said:

Yeah - @timschochet - we should resolve before we go too far if we can.

@krista4 - I know you probably don’t know and don’t want to get in the middle but is he willing/want to keep drafting?

No, I did offer to post his picks for him, but he didn’t want to do it.

4 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Got it - guess that's our answer.  Andrew - if you are reading - sorry dude.

Good morning. Agree with this absolutely. 

That being said we have to assume he’s not returning. So someone is welcome to take his place. If nobody does we will go on without him. And Andrew if you change your mind you’re absolutely welcome back. 

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Good morning. Agree with this absolutely. 

That being said we have to assume he’s not returning. So someone is welcome to take his place. If nobody does we will go on without him. And Andrew if you change your mind you’re absolutely welcome back. 

Would his picks just be off the board because he has some high ranking ones (imo)? 90s-2000s comedies without The Office is a gaping hole.

Just now, AAABatteries said:

Why don't you take over his team and save us the trouble.   ;)

This is just too much for me (way too many categories) - plus I'm judging a few categories and I think it works better when the judgers aren't drafters. Thanks though.

• Like 1
Just now, Pip's Invitation said:

That sucks, I hope he's OK. Seriously, everyone in these drafts needs to stay out of the PSF, especially close to an election. 

Not even the PSF.   Pretty sure giamarco got a TO for calling out somebody in the FFA.   

7.3 Edward R. Murrow- News Personality 

Murrow, considered the “Father of Television News”, is usually regarded as the greatest TV anchor after Walter Cronkite. But that’s ironic because he never was a TV anchor. His show See It Now (the title was a play off of Murrow’s World War II radio broadcasts and subsequent records “I Can Hear It Now”) was a news magazine show, most famous for Murrow’s opinions, especially when he chose to challenge Senator Joseph R. McCarthy. And to add further irony, See It Now ran intermittently and never had high ratings. 
But despite these facts Murrow is revered and rightfully so. He was the newsman’s newsman, with tremendous integrity and incredible courage. He died young, a victim of the tobacco industry that he bemoaned had taken control of television advertising. Prior to his death he predicted very accurately that television news, the most powerful shaper of society that had so far existed in history, would eventually succumb to circus entertainment. 

@AcerFC

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • timschochet changed the title to The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time