Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time

7 minutes ago, jwb said:

46 - 21 Jump Street - Teen

Going by my own memory, this was one of the first dramas to really target teens. It was on this fledging "young" network called Fox.

To this day, I remember REMs Orange Crush being used in this show

• Like 1

Insanely deep category, let me throw this one into the mix:

The Americans - Best Drama - 1990-20

Critical response

Over the course of its run, the series received widespread critical acclaim,[70] with several publications naming it the best show on television. The American Film Institute listed The Americans as one of the top ten television series of 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018. 

Brian Tallerico from RogerEbert.com argued that while there are many good shows in the era of Peak TV, The Americans was the greatest then on television, and "one of the few that earns the capital-G Great title".[83] Insider named it one of the "50 TV shows everyone should watch in their lifetime".[84]

After it ended its six-season run, Tim Goodman from The Hollywood Reporter considered The Americans to be among the "Hall of Fame" dramas, and stated it was one of his top 5 favorite television dramas of all-time.[85] IndieWire and Paste named it the best FX TV series of all-time.[86][87] ... Carrie Wittmer from Business Insider declared it one of the greatest series ever and "the end of TV's Golden Age".[90] In September 2019,  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

Insanely deep category, let me throw this one into the mix:

The Americans - Best Drama - 1990-20

In all the drafts I’ve been involved with over 10 years in this forum, this is the deepest category ever. The guy with one point (and it could easily be me) will have selected an outstanding show. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, timschochet said:

In all the drafts I’ve been involved with over 10 years in this forum, this is the deepest category ever. The guy with one point (and it could easily be me) will have selected an outstanding show. 

The comedy category for this time period is insanely deep too. There will be an arguably top 50 all time show go undrafted. 

1 minute ago, rick6668 said:

R46 Heroes - Science Fiction
I have a ton of shows left here to pick from and 2 I really like but this one is my favorite.
I was totally hooked on this, what a great show.  
14 Emmy nominations, 1 win.

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World.

Loved season 1. Went downhill quickly after that

50 minutes ago, rick6668 said:

Yeah, season 2 was still good.  Writers strike hurt this show.  It was still awesome.  

My name is Hiro Nakamura. I'm from the future. I have a message for you.

I just started watching this show.  I am on season 3.  I have liked it but there have been a few lagging episodes.  Plus there are like 23 episode seasons.  

2 hours ago, Yo Mama said:
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

The comedy category for this time period is insanely deep too. There will be an arguably top 50 all time show go undrafted. 

The depth of quality television during both "the cable era" (~1995 - 2010) and "the streaming era" (~2010 - present)  is a big reason I advocating splitting them up as separate time periods.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

Dear draft admins: Please move Jackie Harris from 91-20 Supporting Female to 71-90 Supporting Female, please and thank you.

26.15: Olenna Tyrell-Supporting Female 1991-2020

All hail The Queen of Thorns.

Done and its Rd 46

• Thanks 1

I must be in the front row!

47.02: Miller Lite/Bob Ueker

I doubt it was a coincidence that Lite's popularity spiked during their run of sports celebrity-themed commercials, and while they had others later in the series, this is one of the more memorable early spots, so to @Gally and me, this one is most deserving as it did a lot of the early heavy lifting to drive up popularity.

@timschochet

• Like 3
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

47.02: Miller Lite/Bob Ueker

I doubt it was a coincidence that Lite's popularity spiked during their run of sports celebrity-themed commercials, and while they had others later in the series, this is one of the more memorable early spots, so to @Gally and me, this one is most deserving as it did a lot of the early heavy lifting to drive up popularity.

@timschochet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

I'm not sure why this one is so difficult.  Should I explain the criteria since you weren't here at the beginning of the draft?  There are a bunch of things that could be top tier left on the shelf.

Change it to The Keepers.  Let me know if that one is not ok.

47 - A Muppet Family Christmas - Holiday Special

Adored by those who’ve seen it, it’s been mostly keep out of circulation due to a copyright mess. A mess that results mostly from it’s greatest selling point – that is the one big, non-cameo, crossover of The Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, and The Muppet Babies.
A Muppet Family Christmas was the final full-length Muppet production completed before Jim Henson’s death in 1990. The last ten minutes or so of special consists of an extended singalong from the entire cast. Right at the end, Henson himself (along with Sprocket) peers out from the kitchen, and says “Well, they certainly seem to be having good time out there… I like it when they have a good time.” He then laments that he and Sprocket are going to have clean everything up. Of course, no one knew that this would be the last Muppet film that Henson would oversee, but in retrospective, it’s the perfect epilogue. We can obviously talk about how innovative The Muppet Show was, or how much great work Sesame Street has done, but at the end of the day Jim Henson just provided us with so many good times – and he was happy to see us have a good time.

TV Guide ranked the special at number eight on its '10 Best Family Holiday Specials' list.
This is a must see if you haven't seen it.  I put it on par with Charlie Brown and Rudolph.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, rick6668 said:

47 - A Muppet Family Christmas - Holiday Special

Adored by those who’ve seen it, it’s been mostly keep out of circulation due to a copyright mess. A mess that results mostly from it’s greatest selling point – that is the one big, non-cameo, crossover of The Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, and The Muppet Babies.

I know Disney owns the rights to The Muppets and Muppet Babies. I assume they don't have rights to Sesame Street, huh?

(Couldn't tell you about Fraggle Rock rights)

50 minutes ago, rickroll said:
11 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

I'm not sure why this one is so difficult.  Should I explain the criteria since you weren't here at the beginning of the draft?  There are a bunch of things that could be top tier left on the shelf.

Change it to The Keepers.  Let me know if that one is not ok.

Just a note: I updated this in the Google Sheet -- changed your 43rd round pick from When They See Us to The Keepers. Category: Documentary.

• Thanks 1

• timschochet changed the title to The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time