Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time

18 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

I thought this was a terrific action show, I’ve been rewatching again in Prime...

Alias - Action 

Behind only West Wing as best broadcast-network show of the 21st C. 

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tuffnutt said:

RD -47 Della Street- Supporting Woman 1950-1970 

Perry would have been nothing without his secretary and right-hand gal Della Street, as portrayed with grace and subtle allure by the elegant Barbara Hale. Hale’s Street was one of television’s first single professional working women. Hale stayed with the series for nine seasons, and 332 episodes and won an Emmy in 1961.

Nice pick.... but I grabbed her awhile back... I chose her as a lead though...

Edited by mphtrilogy

15 minutes ago, tuffnutt said:

RD -47 Della Street- Supporting Woman 1950-1970 

Perry would have been nothing without his secretary and right-hand gal Della Street, as portrayed with grace and subtle allure by the elegant Barbara Hale. Hale’s Street was one of television’s first single professional working women. Hale stayed with the series for nine seasons, and 332 episodes and won an Emmy in 1961.

Wasn't she taken?

5 hours ago, AcerFC said:
6 hours ago, Gally said:

I could be wrong, but I thought this was taken a couple rounds back.

Wikkid is correct. i took the character

The spreadsheet (and Wikkid) are incorrect - I took the character in round 41, but it's entered as the show on the first page of the spreadsheet (I took As the World Turns as a 50-70 Drama show a few rounds prior).

Heh, sorry man, but not sharing my Honey.

Edited by jwb
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, BoerumHill said:

Great pick & just wanted to say AAA appears to be running away with this thing

Just an unbiased lurker, pay no mind to me

:bowtie:    this BoerumHill guy sounds smart.

44 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I think that Bobby Layne guy has done his share as well.

Hopefully our GB BL is doing well - he deserves his share of credit for sure.

• Like 1

Im having a real hard time picking my childrens show and hero. There are just so many out there. I actually went to look at some lists online and couldnt believe one of the shows my kids and I used to watch together ranked so high. 

10 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Im having a real hard time picking my childrens show and hero. There are just so many out there. I actually went to look at some lists online and couldnt believe one of the shows my kids and I used to watch together ranked so high. 

I know, that's when I just started picking things I like.

This is a dumb because the category is dead, but I'm running out of time as I leave for a trial shortly. Feel free to skip me the remainder of the day after this pick. 

47.12 TV Dad - Jack Pearson

My wife is now happy with me. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zow said:

This is a dumb because the category is dead ... 

47.12 TV Dad - Jack Pearson

Might not be a decades-long pop-culture icon, but the actor has picked up three Emmy nominations for the role. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Doug B
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rickroll said:

don't know if this will fly, but

47.13 Perry Como's Christmas in _______, Holiday

i had friends on the production end of his Christmas in New Mexico. we had a big party based 'round watching it. only anecdote i remember was Buffy St Marie was guest cuz she's Indian so somebody from Hollywood thought that was a good idea, but she's a Canuck with no connection to the area and they had to tell her to "just be an Indian" here & there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doug B said:

47.14: Dr. Marcus Welby, 1971-1990 Leading Man, Drama

Robert Young played the 1970s icon throughout the series' run, picking up 4 Emmy nominations (one win) and 5 Golden Globe nominations (one win).

there's a 16-pointer in the 47th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is going to be a tough category to judge – so many good choices.  Yo Mama selects:

47.16 – Ted Koppel – News Personality

This guy was a legend of broadcasting:

- Covered the civil rights movement in Selma

- Was the ABC correspondent in Vietnam for the Vietnam War (he even learned to speak some Vietnamese for the posting)

- Traveled with Nixon to China for his historic meeting

- Took a year off as news anchor to take care of his kids while his wife got her law degree

- Had a historic interview with Nelson Mandela

- Hosted Nightline for 25 years

- Appeared on The Daily Show as Jon Stewart’s journalistic conscience

- Won 25 emmys over his career, including their lifetime achievement award

This category is full now, but there are still some open spots in the drama lead categories so I’m not waiting any more to take this guy.  Yo Mama selects:

48.01 – Joe Mannix – TV Detective

Now this guy was cool.  He was a prototypical detective – plays by his own rules, trusts his gut more than any “modern” technology, dressed snappily, always quick with a witty one-liner or a deep proverb to throw into any conversation.  But beyond all that, Mannix was just cool – in a James Bond sense.

Mannix was vet from the Korean War, where he escaped from a brutal prison camp.  He was a mercenary in Latin America and could speak conversational Spanish.  Most importantly, my Armenian friends would proudly remind me to mention both the actor and the character were of Armenian decent and even occasionally spoke the language – the guy was an Armenian-American hero.

Mannix had a crazy collection of awesome convertible cars: Mercury Comet, Dodge Dart, Plymouth Cuda, Dodge Challenger, Chevy Camaro – the cars were notable sidekicks to the show and the Dodge Dart in particular became famous outside the show.

Joe could also take quite the beating on the show in a variety of amazingly long fight scenes – according to Wiki he was shot over a dozen times knocked unconscious 55 times over the course of the series.  Mike Connors once dislocated his shoulder running away from a helicopter and also broke his wrist punching a stunt man.

Mike Connors was nominated for four emmys and six golden globes (won once) for this badass, cool detective.

Edited by Yo Mama
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

This is going to be a tough category to judge – so many good choices.  Yo Mama selects:

47.16 – Ted Koppel – News Personality

This guy was a legend of broadcasting:

- Covered the civil rights movement in Selma

- Was the ABC correspondent in Vietnam for the Vietnam War (he even learned to speak some Vietnamese for the posting)

- Traveled with Nixon to China for his historic meeting

- Took a year off as news anchor to take care of his kids while his wife got her law degree

- Had a historic interview with Nelson Mandela

- Hosted Nightline for 25 years

- Appeared on The Daily Show as Jon Stewart’s journalistic conscience

- Won 25 emmys over his career, including their lifetime achievement award

the face of 444 days. only Cronkite & Murrow represented the necessity of news well told more succinctly

• Like 2

• timschochet changed the title to The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time