Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3.2: Mad Men-1991-2020 drama I missed it first time around and things that get what I perceive to be overhyped tend to repel me just as a reflex.  In this case, it was definitely to my chagrin, b

News personality scores Below are my scores for news personality. I posted in here a few times that I was open to input/scores before finalizing rankings. I received a PM from one person offering

Alright, because something dropped I don't get to hear about my planned pick being a terrible one, right @krista4?    1.15:  BREAKING BAD ( 1991 - 2020 DRAMA)    2.01:   BAND OF BROTHERS  (M

8 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

By the way @mphtrilogy, I think it was you earlier that asked about teaming up to judge some categories. I’d be willing to do this, depending on the categories.  I’d be interested I doing some of the lead/supporting characters. 

Yep, let’s do it, see if we can get one more drafter  for a 3 judge panel 👍

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

And I’m fine doing more than characters if there is anything specific you want to judge. 

I’d like to put theme song in the mix as well, and we can add a crowd source score with our 3 choices, I’ll put that together over the next week, but I am open as well.. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mphtrilogy said:

I’d like to put theme song in the mix as well, and we can add a crowd source score with our 3 choices, I’ll put that together over the next week, but I am open as well.. 

Sounds good to me. 

I can compile/consolidate any of the other categories if you and @rick6668 want. I’ve got plenty of time on my hands. 

I was hoping that people would help me out a bit and take some of the picks I want bc I still cant decide. Ill take the guy whose son I was friends with and went to his Bar Mitzvah. Doesnt hurt that he is a hockey hall of famer either. 

48.13 Sam Rosen, Sports Play by Play

@timschochet

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, rick6668 said:

48.12 Frank Barone - 1991-2020 supporting man

Holy Crap!

Taken by AAABatteries in the 41st round.

EDIT: Never mind, he threw the pick back and I didn't change it on my personal spreadsheet. It's correct on the Google Sheet.

Edited by Doug B
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Gally said:

Pick 49.02 - You Can't Do That On Televison (Category - Children's Show)

Don't Get Slimed

I loved this show in the 80's.  I have know idea how it will score but its the 49th round....

OMG.  This was my next pick.  I thought there was NO way someone would pick this.... I am stunned.  Was going to put it in the teen category.

I watched this when it was originally on CJOH  out of Ottawa and then later on Nick when it became popular in the U.S.  

I guess you should hope I judge this category...  I have so many fond memories of this.  I watched a few episodes last week on youtube.

Check out http://www.barthsburgery.com/ for details.

Edited by rick6668
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, rick6668 said:

OMG.  This was my next pick.  I thought there was NO way someone would pick this.... I am stunned.  Was going to put it in the teen category.

Hahahhaa.  Success!  I loved this show when I was a kid.  I had no idea if anybody even knew what it was.  

Ok, with only pitchfork left to pick in the category, and him being AWOL, Ive had a childrens show penciled down since round 3 or so. I feel it could be a top 5 show but the fact that no one else picked it makes me think Im really off with my assessment. So Ill punt the childrens show until last round to figure out which of the 10 I have left on my list I want to pick. 

Hey @mphtrilogy and @rick6668 hows this sound for our judging triumvirate:

Categories

Theme Song

Holiday

Game Show

71-90 Supporting Man

71-90 Supporting Woman

MPH - do you want to pick one more so we all choose 2?

If you guys want to send me your rankings (no rush and we can do them in whatever order you want), I can pull it all together and write them up. If you guys have any commentary on the rankings or your criteria, I can include those too. 

Let me know what you think. 

If any draft lurkers are interested I have 4 categories left and 0 clue about ideas.  

for the 50-70 years I have :  Lead male comedy, Lead woman drama, and supporting woman.    I also have Sports Personality.   

I will take any and all PMs for suggestions.  

48 - Hank Schrader - Hero

The only truly "good" character on the show. He took down Tuco. The feared cousins came for him... one was killed, and the other lost his legs. He had Gus figured out when nobody else even remotely suspected him. He even got Walt, until Jack interfered. 

Plus, he brewed Schraderbräu

Edited by jwb
  • Like 3
  • timschochet changed the title to The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time