Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time

17 hours ago, mphtrilogy said:

Lots of villains left...let’s go with ....

Pick 50! - Livia Soprano - Villain 

She set up the psychology of the whole show, imho....

I think there’s a strong argument she was the most “evil” character. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

Some picks that GallStein left on the table...

1991-2020 supporting female--Brienne of Tarth

Animated--Speed Racer

Children's--Blue's Clues

Commercial--Sports Center Y2K, Chicks Dig the Long Ball  Needless to say I REALLY wanted to take the Sports Center commercial but that would have been too self-serving.

I had Briene has my hero. 

Had Blues Clues as well as Gravity Falls, Captain Kangaroo, Dora and Yo Gabba Gabba on my childrens show list. 

1 minute ago, AcerFC said:

Had Blues Clues as well as Gravity Falls, Captain Kangaroo, Dora and Yo Gabba Gabba on my childrens show list. 

Blue's Clues was totally a sentimental pick for me, so I pushed it off as long as possible because I knew it would mean more to me than the judges.  Fortunately, @Gally remembered on that he liked and we both felt would score better. I also thought of Bozo the Clown, but I'm not sure everyone saw it since it started regionally and got syndicated but not everywhere.

45 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

I also thought of Bozo the Clown, but I'm not sure everyone saw it since it started regionally and got syndicated but not everywhere.

On at least two occasions I have written in Bozo the Clown for governor of NJ. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

18 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

Also considered Sandor "The Hound" Clegane for supporting male.  Was going to include his line: What the ##### is a Lommy?

Kind of surprised more Game of Thrones characters didn't make it. Not many leads but great supporting characters.

Ramsey Bolton is my number 1 villain. not just from that show, but all of TV. Can not believe he wasnt taken. 

I think he is worst than Joff. Jofferey is a King and no one is going to stand up to him. ramsey is a bastard who was able to ascend by being pure evil

Edited by AcerFC

22 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Ramsey Bolton is my number 1 villain. not just from that show, but all of TV. Can not believe he wasnt taken. 

I think he is worst than Joff. Jofferey is a King and no one is going to stand up to him. ramsey is a bastard who was able to ascend by being pure evil

Despite ordering Ned's death, Joffrey could still be controlled by his elders, while Ramsay feared no one, especially after he killed his father, empowering his sadistic nature even more.

16 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Jofferey was the worst/most evil/better pick but I am surprised that Ramsey didn't go. He was on my list. 

25 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

But... you didn't draft him?

25 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Joff had Ned Stark killed. Ramsey’s main victim was Theon Greyjoy and it’s hard to be sympathetic to Theon. That’s the difference. 

1 hour ago, AcerFC said:

This would've been my pick, and i would have picked it high, so i'm surprised. When i was 6 or 7, a relative we were visiting pointed out that we had just passed Bob Keeshan's house. I yelled "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" like a raptor until they deciphered that they had to go back to it. I hopped out as soon as they did and stood bleary vigil in front of it, which i apparently intended to keep for the rest of my life. The raptor sounds would begin with any attempt to move me for quite some time. that period gets longer the longer it's been since it occurred, but it was at least an hour.

1 hour ago, Charlie Steiner said:

I also thought of Bozo the Clown, but I'm not sure everyone saw it since it started regionally and got syndicated but not everywhere.

Romper Room was the same, different host each region, but huuuuuuge. I was quite certain that Miss Jean spoke only to me and sat in a room waiting for me to turn the TV on between my viewings.

I also had the great pleasure of going to see Boston's Bozo - for whom i had no pathological feelings - with my class and bear witness to a gawky freckled red head named David Works (maybe he's alive and googles his name) jump up & down to be noticed during joke time. Bozo & boom mikepointed his way, so excitedly did he ask "How do you catch a squirrel, Bozo?........................................................Show him your nuts". good times -

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

45 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Never considered either - I felt they were both a little too cartoonish. I like villains a little more ambiguous. 

15 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

So that’s how we got Murphy. 

It was in both McGreevey elections. In my newspaper days I covered Middlesex County and knew he was a scumbag. And the GOP option was lame as usual.

I may also have done it for Corzine-Christie. Don’t remember.

Murphy was winning regardless. Christie was enormously unpopular by the end of his second term and the GOP for some reason decided to nominate his loyal Lt Gov.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zow said:

But... you didn't draft him?

I know. I dont care about how my picks are judged. i went with Bob based on personal feelings every time I saw him on screen. 

If I cared, Bolton would have been my pick in round 3 or 4. 

2 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

You guys totally missed the boat on villain - we have been pathologically and inescapably obsessed by the daily vicissitudes of a fictional TV character for four years now and he gets no mention as Villain. Mr Vizzini?

If I had only known there was a TV version of The Princess Bride.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

12 hours ago, timschochet said:

My #2 villain after Joffrey also wasn’t drafted. It was Todd from Breaking Bad. I know he only showed up for the last season (and a flashback in El Camino) but what a great portrayal of a psychopath. 

My #3 villain was Missy Anne from Roots played by Sandy Duncan. 

Yeah I was also really surprised Todd didn’t go. 

YMTV – The Decades

1950-1970 

(combined 35 Emmy nominations and 11 wins in their categories)

Comedy - The Addams Family

Drama - Mission: Impossible

Leading Man Comedy - MSgt. Ernest Bilko

Leading Man Drama - Dr. Richard Kimble

Leading Woman Comedy - Lucy Ricardo

Leading Woman Drama - Julie Barnes

Supporting Man - Barney Fife

Supporting Woman - Endora

1971-1990 

(combined 37 Emmy nominations and 17 wins in their categories)

Comedy - Taxi

Drama - L.A Law

Leading Man Comedy - George Jefferson

Leading Man Drama - Frank Furillo

Leading Woman Comedy - Edith Bunker

Leading Woman Drama - Jamie Sommers (Bionic Woman)

Supporting Man - Norm Peterson

Supporting Woman - Margaret Pynchon

1991-2020 

(combined 53 Emmy nominations and 13 wins in their categories)

Comedy - 30 Rock

Drama - Law & Order

Leading Man Comedy - Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Leading Man Drama - Dexter Morgan

Leading Woman Comedy - Nancy Botwin

Leading Woman Drama - Carmela Soprano

Supporting Man - George Costanza

Supporting Woman - Karen Walker

😎

• Like 2

YMTV – The Miscellaneous

Misc Shows

Science Fiction - Star Trek (original series)

Miniseries - Roots

Children's - Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

Teen - Freaks and Geeks

Reality - American Idol

Variety / Live - The Tonight Show

Western - Justified

Foreign - Upstairs, Downstairs

Horror / Supernatural - Tales from the Crypt

Holiday - Santa Claus is Comin' to Town

Animated - Avatar: The Last Airbender

Action - Homeland

Game Show - The Gong Show

Finale - Friday Night Lights "Always"

Theme Song - Jeffersons "Movin' On Up"

Documentary - Leaving Neverland

Commercial - McDonald's "The Showdown"

Misc People / Characters

Sports Personality - John Madden

Hero - Batman (Adam West)

Talk Show Host - Larry Sanders

TV Mom - June Cleaver

TV Dad - Hal Wilkerson

Sports Play by Play - Chick Hearn

Villain - One-Armed Man

News Personality - Ted Koppel

Detective - Joe Mannix

😎

• Like 2

• timschochet changed the title to The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time