What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time (3 Viewers)

someone take a Spin City pick.  Too good of a show to go Undrafted.  Same with Newsradio
I was the last to take 91-20 Comedy and still got 30 Rock. I left Veep, News Radio, Will and Grace, Murphy Brown, and a bunch of other super popular shows undrafted. The list of undrafted drama shows from that period is just as impressive. 

What round is this. According to the doc, you only owed 49 and 50 which you made before this pick
I was looking in the draft spreadsheet and it had three open for me. Did I already make a selection in that category?

I was the last to take 91-20 Comedy and still got 30 Rock. I left Veep, News Radio, Will and Grace, Murphy Brown, and a bunch of other super popular shows undrafted. The list of undrafted drama shows from that period is just as impressive. 
Wait Veep wasn't drafted??

I don’t think we have a ton of judges. Or I’m missing several. Here’s what I got: 

@Dr. Octopus

1971-1990 Comedy 

1991-2020 Comedy 

Science fiction 

@Getzlaf15

Sports personality 

Sports play by play 

Leading man comedy 1971-1990

Leading woman comedy 1971-1990

Talk show host 

Teen show 

@Mr. Mojo

Hero

Game Show 
Western 

@Ilov80s

Theme 

@hagmania

Commercials 

@rick6668

Holiday shows 

I will judge GOAT. That leaves us 35 categories that we don’t have judges for. In the end, since I started the draft, I will judge any and all categories left over. But I don’t think you guys want that. So let’s get some more judges. 

@mphtrilogy @rick6668 and I were going to join forces to do the following (but it looks like some of these are already spoken for)

Theme Song

91-20 Drama

71-90 Supporting Man

71-90 Supporting Woman

Holiday Show

Game Show

I guess we can switch to other categories if needed

@mphtrilogy @rick6668 and I were going to join forces to do the following (but it looks like some of these are already spoken for)

Theme Song

91-20 Drama

71-90 Supporting Man

71-90 Supporting Woman

Holiday Show

Game Show

Thanks. I think these were the ones I was missing. Theme song, holiday and game show are gone. You get the others you listed, and any more that you want. 

timschochet said:
I don’t think we have a ton of judges. Or I’m missing several. Here’s what I got: 

@Dr. Octopus

1971-1990 Comedy 

1991-2020 Comedy 

Science fiction 

@Getzlaf15

Sports personality 

Sports play by play 

Talk show host 

Teen show 

@Mr. Mojo

Hero

Game Show 
Western 

@Ilov80s

Theme 

@hagmania

Commercials 

@rick6668

Holiday shows 

I will judge GOAT. That leaves us 35 categories that we don’t have judges for. In the end, since I started the draft, I will judge any and all categories left over. But I don’t think you guys want that. So let’s get some more judges. 
Thanks for clarifying this.   I need to drop Teen Show.  There are a few I've never watched. thanks

@hagmania   can I team with you on commercials?   I want to use my marketing degree for once, dammit.    I had a class my senior year and the teacher ran the Arco and Crocker Bank ads. Best class ever.

timschochet said:

@Dr. Octopus

1971-1990 Comedy 

1991-2020 Comedy 

Science fiction 

@Getzlaf15

Sports personality 

Sports play by play 

Talk show host 

Teen show 

@Mr. Mojo

Hero

Game Show 
Western 

@Ilov80s

Theme 

@hagmania

Commercials 

@rick6668

Holiday shows 

I’m not doing Sci-Fi, @jwb is.

I mentioned early on a few that I could judge, but looks like others are judging those. Gally getting his wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
timschochet said:

@Dr. Octopus

1971-1990 Comedy 

1991-2020 Comedy 

Science fiction 

@Getzlaf15

Sports personality 

Sports play by play 

Talk show host 

Teen show 

@Mr. Mojo

Hero

Game Show 
Western 

@Ilov80s

Theme 

@hagmania

Commercials 

@rick6668

Holiday shows 

Thanks. I will got working on it.

Theme Songs is now ready to judge!

I’ve just put together the Spotify playlist for TV theme songs.  This will be a combination of the “MRY’ trifecta judging panel, myself @rick6668 @Yo Mama In addition to a 25% crowdsource score.

If you want to submit a crowdsource score, please take a listen to this tv theme song playlist and Private Message me your rankings by next Wednesday 12/2.  Please take into account the legacy of the song, how it sets up or is used in the show and your gut reaction as well as your own ranking criteria or course... 

I listened to this playlist twice this morning and with the exception of one song that is missing, this is a fantastic group and apologies in advance for the 1 point score as It definitely will not deserve it!  Not all songs were the exact TV theme song replica, but I put the closest version I could find in the Spotify playlist.

this song would have scored high on my own list, but alas not chosen....
@Ilov80s

Last edited by a moderator:
Im fairly sure someone else is doing theme songs. He made a spotify playlist and everything. Maybe @mphtrilogy

Ok no worries, if he’s already started working on, he should finish it up. It was awhile ago I volunteered but I haven’t even looked at what was taken yet. 
Did someone else grab theme song? Or will the 3 judge panel do this one?

I did make a playlist if anyone wants to sample and send over a crowdsource vote.....  we were going to incorporate a 25% Crowd vote and 3 judge votes ...

Yo Mama said:

Theme Song

91-20 Drama

71-90 Supporting Man

71-90 Supporting Woman

Holiday Show

Game Show

If still valid, I started the theme song playlist, and was going to try and combine Our scores for that by end of week.  

which categories  Did we officially lose and should replace?

Zow said:
I was looking in the draft spreadsheet and it had three open for me. Did I already make a selection in that category?
You dont have that selection, BUT, all of your spots are taken. I dont have time to look at what is the issue. But I cant input your last pick without knowing what the issue is

I’ll judge the 1991-2020 drama if it hasn’t been taken. Probably my best wheelhouse. Or the comedies from that era. 

You dont have that selection, BUT, all of your spots are taken. I dont have time to look at what is the issue. But I cant input your last pick without knowing what the issue is
Okay I’ll do my best as well to try to figure it out. 

Okay I’ll do my best as well to try to figure it out. 
13.121991-2020 leading woman comedy3211991-2020 leading woman comedyZowMiriam "Midge" Maisel

41.121950-1970 leading woman comedy1351950-1970 leading woman comedyZowLily Munster

42.051991-2020 leading woman comedy12211991-2020 leading woman comedyZowThelma "Mama" Crowley Harper

49.121971-1990 leading woman comedy15131971-1990 leading woman comedyZowChrissy Snow

Looks like you picked 1991-2020 leading woman comedy twice - at least according to the spreadsheet

Updated the Judges tab - please correct me if I have any of these wrong.

Category - Judge

• 1971- 1990 comedy - Dr. Octopus
  • 1971-1990 leading man comedy - Getzlaf15
  • 1971-1990 leading woman comedy - Getzlaf15
  • 1971-1990 supporting man - MRY
  • 1971-1990 supporting woman - MRY
  • 1991-2020 comedy - Dr. Octopus
  • 1991-2020 drama - MRY
  • Theme Song - MRY
  • Science Fiction - jwb
  • TV Detective - jwb
  • Commercial - Hags