What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time (2 Viewers)

Anyway, just wanted to stop by to congratulate AAA for crushing this draft.

Also, kudos to the rest of you for not curling up in the fetal position and giving up bc you stood no chance against his onslaught of excellence.

Thanks for clarifying this.   I need to drop Teen Show.  There are a few I've never watched. thanks

@hagmania   can I team with you on commercials?   I want to use my marketing degree for once, dammit.    I had a class my senior year and the teacher ran the Arco and Crocker Bank ads. Best class ever.
:hifive:

Let's do this

Updated the Judges tab - please correct me if I have any of these wrong.

Category - Judge

• 1971- 1990 comedy - Dr. Octopus
  • 1971-1990 leading man comedy - Getzlaf15
  • 1971-1990 leading woman comedy - Getzlaf15
  • 1971-1990 supporting man - MRY
  • 1971-1990 supporting woman - MRY
  • 1991-2020 comedy - Dr. Octopus
  • 1991-2020 drama - MRY
  • Theme Song - MRY
  • Science Fiction - jwb
  • TV Detective - jwb
  • Commercial - Hags
  • Documentary - Mrs. Rannous
  • Holiday Show - rick6668
  • Western - Mr. Mojo
  • Horror (Supernatural - )jwb
  • Teen Show - Getzlaf15
  • Game Show - Mr. Mojo
  • Sports Personality - Getzlaf15
  • Sports Play by Play - Getzlaf15
  • Talk Show Host - Getzlaf15
  • Hero - Mr. Mojo
@Dr. Octopus @Getzlaf15 @jwb @hagmania @Mrs. Rannous @rick6668 @Mr. Mojo
I can't see any names on the judges tab. Some from the beginning were there yesterday

I wanted to give Pitchfork some fair warning, but he hasn't been in this thread in a few weeks. I've gotten overwhelmed by real life and ghosted on a few drafts before ... I know how it is.

Zow made all his picks -- Mork from Ork was his 50th rounder.
I think he still has an issue - from what I show in the spreadsheet it looks like he picked a category twice.  @Zow - see my earlier post and if for some reason the spreadsheet is wrong let me know and I'll fix it

I think he still has an issue - from what I show in the spreadsheet it looks like he picked a category twice@Zow - see my earlier post and if for some reason the spreadsheet is wrong let me know and I'll fix it
Pitchfork did the exact same thing, but I might be able to place one in an open category.

EDIT: What the spreadsheet showed that Pitchfork did, specifically, was draft both Archie Bunker and Al Bundy in the "1970-1990 Leading Man Comedy" category. That may have been a spreadsheet error on entry -- not sure. Nevertheless, I've moved Al Bundy to the "1991-2020 Leading Man Comedy" -- which Pitchfork still had open -- and have made the update in the Google Sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta leave for a little bit, but here's the remaining 1950-1970 picks for Pitchfork:

22.08: Pitchfork - Route 66 (1950-1970 drama)

23.09: Pitchfork - Bret Maverick (1950-1970 leading man drama)

24.08: Pitchfork - Connie Brooks (1950-1970 leading woman comedy)

25.09: Pitchfork - Nora Charles (1950-1970 leading woman drama)

26.08: Pitchfork - Zelda Gilroy (1950- 1970 supporting woman)

Gotta leave for a little bit, but here's the remaining 1950-1970 picks for Pitchfork:

22.08: Pitchfork - Route 66 (1950-1970 drama)

23.09: Pitchfork - Bret Maverick (1950-1970 leading man drama)

24.08: Pitchfork - Connie Brooks (1950-1970 leading woman comedy)

25.09: Pitchfork - Nora Charles (1950-1970 leading woman drama)

26.08: Pitchfork - Zelda Gilroy (1950- 1970 supporting woman)
And we now have Pitchfork's permission to do this.  Yay!

13.121991-2020 leading woman comedy3211991-2020 leading woman comedyZowMiriam "Midge" Maisel

41.121950-1970 leading woman comedy1351950-1970 leading woman comedyZowLily Munster

42.051991-2020 leading woman comedy12211991-2020 leading woman comedyZowThelma "Mama" Crowley Harper

49.121971-1990 leading woman comedy15131971-1990 leading woman comedyZowChrissy Snow

Looks like you picked 1991-2020 leading woman comedy twice - at least according to the spreadsheet
Yep that explains. I’ll roll with my first choice then which I believe was maisel. 

The remaining 1970-1990 picks for Pitchfork:

27.09: Pitchfork - A Different World (1971- 1990 comedy)

28.08: Pitchfork - Trapper John, M.D. (1971-1990 drama)

29.09: Pitchfork - Barnaby Jones (1971-1990 leading man drama)

30.08: Pitchfork - Alice Hyatt (1971-1990 leading woman comedy)

31.09: Pitchfork - Maddie Hayes (1971-1990 leading woman drama)

32.08: Pitchfork - Sandra Clark (1971-1990 supporting woman)

Nice strategy - trying to put him in last place.  :D

ETA: at least it made it easy for me to squeeze into my rankings.  :P

Pitchfork only needed three picks to close out 1991-2020:

33.09: Pitchfork - Northern Exposure (1991-2020 drama)

34.08: Pitchfork - Kimmy Schmidt (1991-2020 leading woman comedy)

35.09: Pitchfork - Dr. John Carter (1991-2020 supporting man)

More to finish up Pitchfork's selections:

36.08: Pitchfork - 3-2-1 Contact (Children’s show)

37.09: Pitchfork - Bob's Burgers (Animated Show)

38.08: Pitchfork - The Midnight Special (Variety or Live Show)

39.09: Pitchfork - Frankie Heck (TV Mom)

40.08: Pitchfork - The Thorn Birds (Mini Series)

More to finish up Pitchfork's selections:

36.08: Pitchfork - 3-2-1 Contact (Children’s show)

37.09: Pitchfork - Bob's Burgers (Animated Show)

38.08: Pitchfork - The Midnight Special (Variety or Live Show)

39.09: Pitchfork - Roseanne Conner (TV Mom)

40.08: Pitchfork - The Thorn Birds (Mini Series)
Roseanne was taken in the lead woman category (only listed as Roseanne with no last name). 

Roseanne was taken in the lead woman category (only listed as Roseanne with no last name). 
I mistook that for taking the program. I will repick.

EDIT: Changed pick to Frankie Heck, Patricia Heaton's character on the recent ABC sit-com The Middle. Post above is updated, as is the Google Sheet.

Last ten picks for Pitchfork:

41.09: Pitchfork - McDonalds "You deserve a break today" (1971) (Commercial)

42.08: Pitchfork - The Pharmacist (Documentary)

43.09: Pitchfork - Twas the Night Before Christmas (1974) (Holiday Show)

44.08: Pitchfork - Burn Notice (Action)

45.09: Pitchfork - The Wild Wild West (Western)

46.08: Pitchfork - Wynnona Earp (Horror (Supernatural))

47.09: Pitchfork - Gossip Girl (Teen Show)

48.08: Pitchfork - Jim Lampley (Sports Personality)

49.09: Pitchfork - Brent Musberger (Sports Play by Play)

50.08: Pitchfork - Regis Philbin (Talk Show Host)

OK, that completes Pitchfork's selections. I have also entered all of them into the Google Sheet.

I have also entered Karma Police's 50th round pick (posted above) -- he is also finished with his picks.

Only person left to pick is @Hov34 -- he owes five picks.

Nice strategy - trying to put him in last place.  :D

ETA: at least it made it easy for me to squeeze into my rankings.  :P
That's a murderer's row of a category to be sure. I think A Different World was a pretty strong show, though, and deserves a nod in this exercise.

OK, that completes Pitchfork's selections. I have also entered all of them into the Google Sheet.

I have also entered Karma Police's 50th round pick (posted above) -- he is also finished with his picks.

Only person left to pick is @Hov34 -- he owes five picks.
I'll do them tonight.  If I don't get to it you can do whatever you want with my picks.

46.16  Fred Flintstone - Leading Man Comedy 50-70

47.01  Rod Serling -Leading Man Drama 50-70

48.16  Chester Tate (Soap) - Leading Man Comedy 71-90

49.01  Thurston Howell III - Supporting Man 50-70

50.16  Punt - (1950-1970 Leading Woman Drama) 

That's a murderer's row of a category to be sure. I think A Different World was a pretty strong show, though, and deserves a nod in this exercise.
I think there were far better options on board. I’m just joking mostly but I really think that show wasn’t very good and it was nice to be able to slot it easily (and I guess it helps no one will really get mad since that’s a nomad team now).

Hov34 said:
46.16  Fred Flintstone - Leading Man Comedy 50-70

47.01  Rod Serling -Leading Man Drama 50-70

48.16  Chester Tate (Soap) - Leading Man Comedy 71-90

49.01  Thurston Howell III - Supporting Man 50-70

50.16  Punt - (1950-1970 Leading Woman Drama) 
Rod Serling is no go. 

I wanted to stop by, apologize, and explain my absence (the least I could do) -- this was not due to a "vacation". It's for a few different reasons:

- During the movie draft, I was working from home.

- After this draft started, I had to go back into work during this whole period. I do not go to FBG from my work computer and I didn't want to monitor a whole draft from my phone.

- Lastly the whole months' long process of the movie draft left me in "draft exhaustion". The last thing I wanted to do after getting home from work is to do some draft cheat sheet /matrix updating.

I should have checked in to give my status much earlier but I figured someone would take over my "team" and I can see that my replacement,. @rick6668, has done a great job -- thanks :thumbup: -- I'll be rooting for you.

No one has volunteered to judge any of the 1950-1970 categories. So I guess I will take all of those. I’ll start working on them. 

I will judge any and all categories left over but again I don’t think you guys want that, so let’s get some more volunteers please. 

No one has volunteered to judge any of the 1950-1970 categories. So I guess I will take all of those. I’ll start working on them. 

I will judge any and all categories left over but again I don’t think you guys want that, so let’s get some more volunteers please. 
why do you keep saying we dont want that

@mphtrilogy / @rick6668 / Yo Mama Conference

MPH - You owe me 71-90 Supporting Woman rankings

Rick - you owe me 71-90 Supporting Man and Woman, and owe MPH Theme Song (unless you already sent them to him)

MPH - are you going to consolidate 91-20 Drama?  @Zow was interested in this category, so maybe he can send his rankings to you to join our consortium. 

Rick - do you want our Holiday rankings, or are you doing those yourself?

No rush on these, just calling out who to send what to (via DM). 

Hey Tim, I can take the 91-20 Supporting Man and Woman if nobody else wants them. 

I will also welcome additional peoples rankings for these if anyone wants to send me theirs for consolidation (like we did with some of the others). 

leftovers (part 1):

1950-1970 comedy - The Ernie Kovacs Show. Well, y'all started off with the first category proving not to know anything about TV. This is the equivalent of your daughter bringing home a fella who is so all over the streaming shows that he fashions himself a TV expert then looks at you blankly when you refer to The Sopranos. Ernie Kovacs invented the visual logic of television comedy and was far more hilarious than Gleason besides. watch & learn

1950-1970 drama - The Millionaire. Great concept - give a million bucks (when the "m" illion meant sumn) to a stranger and get to see how it impacts their lives. Always thought it should have another life, even wrote the idea into one of my TV pilots (about an agoraphobic billionaire who solves crimes and fixes lives by proxy - electronic eyes & ears - from his lonely Manhattan penthouse).

1950-1970 leading man comedy - Professor _____ von _________. I said it during the draft -  Having a 50-category TV draft which has no room for Harvey Korman, Goldie Hawn, John Belushi, John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig, etc is ridiculous. And it starts by freezing out the immense Sid Caesar & Imogene Coca in Your Show of Shows because they didn't do repeat characters. If the King didn't recycle his vaudeville professor schtick regularly, i could not cite him here. Shameful

1950-1970 leading man drama - Robin Hood. The Adventures of Robin Hood was my favorite show growing up and, a coupla yrs ago, one of the nascent broadcast oldies networks showed it and it holds up. Only a half hour long, it had time for real drama, comedy & action and Richard Greene  played it with a perfect mix of mischief and heroism. check it out

1950-1970 leading woman comedy - Julia Baker. Julia werent that funny, but Diahann Carroll's lead character was how a lot of America got to know black ladies. Sweet, sexy, serious & sassy.

1950-1970 leading woman drama - Anna BezaThe Price of Tomatoes. What can't i say about Inger Stevens?! As beautiful, if not moreso, than Grace Kelly, deep as Streep, as troubled as talented, who the powers that be wouldnt put onscreen as much as she deserved cuz she liked black guys. Killed herself @ age 36.  :heart:

1950-1970 supporting man - Duane Toddleberry. Tim Conway's old man on the Carol Burnett Show. There will be more sketch comedy regulars on my list, as there should be, and there would have been even if i was in it to win. Some things are just right.

1950- 1970 supporting woman - Zelda Gilroy. Wisdom thy name is Zelda - kept Dobie Gillis and the boys 100 and gave smart girls its first good name. I think she's Tina Faye's mom.

Users who are viewing this thread