What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time (1 Viewer)

42   Jill Brock - 1991-2020 leading woman 

Kathy Baker - Picket Fences

3 Emmy wins, 4 total nominations,  1 Golden Globe win, 3 nominations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, those Gong Show and Up Series picks are the business.  :heart:  
I think this is going to a category where different Judges could have widely different opinions on something like this.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it and it was on my list, but  it wasn't much of a game show. 

Tried picking this in the movie draft, but couldn’t as it was made for TV let’s try here again 

The Up Series - Documentary 
Thought these were discussed earlier in this thread and cast aside for some reason? Or maybe the ruling was that a drafter could only have one of the 'pieces' -- so only 7 Up or 21 Up, but not 'The Up Series'.

@Mrs. Rannous ?

Tried picking this in the movie draft, but couldn’t as it was made for TV let’s try here again 

The Up series is a series of documentary filmsproduced by Granada Television for ITV that follows the lives of fourteen British children since 1964, when they were seven years old. The documentary has had nine episodes—one episode every seven years—thus spanning 56 years. All were broadcast on ITV, apart from the sixth episode that was broadcast on BBC One. Individual films and the series as a whole have received numerous accolades;[clarification needed] the fourth episode, 28 Up, was chosen for Roger Ebert's list of the ten greatest films of all time.[2]
Nice pick! Forgot all about that one

Doug B said:
Thought these were discussed earlier in this thread and cast aside for some reason? Or maybe the ruling was that a drafter could only have one of the 'pieces' -- so only 7 Up or 21 Up, but not 'The Up Series'.

@Mrs. Rannous ?
That’s what I was thinking too. How is Up different from 30 for 30, which was outlawed?

rick6668 said:
I think this is going to a category where different Judges could have widely different opinions on something like this.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it and it was on my list, but  it wasn't much of a game show. 
It was a show where contestants competed for a cash prize - it doesn’t get more game show than that. 

mphtrilogy said:

The Up series is a series of documentary filmsproduced by Granada Television for ITV that follows the lives of fourteen British children since 1964, when they were seven years old. The documentary has had nine episodes—one episode every seven years—thus spanning 56 years. All were broadcast on ITV, apart from the sixth episode that was broadcast on BBC One. Individual films and the series as a whole have received numerous accolades;[clarification needed] the fourth episode, 28 Up, was chosen for Roger Ebert's list of the ten greatest films of all time.[2]
So... is it a film?

@timschochet Can you give me what an idea of what sports personality is, or at least what you intended it to be. 

Ill pick after I get an idea of what it is. The range of what has been taken is very big

@timschochet Can you give me what an idea of what sports personality is, or at least what you intended it to be. 

Ill pick after I get an idea of what it is. The range of what has been taken is very big
A person that appears on television that one associates with sporting events. 
I don’t mean to seem vague but that’s really about it. 

A person that appears on television that one associates with sporting events. 
I don’t mean to seem vague but that’s really about it. 
Thanks

Anyone not in the draft willing to get a PM from me. I have a question for an outsider

I will try to pick soon

I would assume the word personality is almost important as the word sports in this category. That’s how I’d judge it at least. 
Also, I think there was talk that just because an athlete has their events televised, that doesn’t mean they’re a tv sports personality. 

43 Phineas and Ferb - Kids Show
I debated over a couple of things here and instead of taking something from my childhood, I am taking something from my 2 boy's childhood.  We used to watch this together all the time.
7 Emmy Nominations and 2 Emmy Wins including Outstanding Animated Program.

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!

Checked, can't believe this is still here.

42.16 Magnum P.I. - Drama 71-90
Sometimes when a character gets picked, everybody kind of thinks the show's been taken, too. I took Perry Mason the character early ... Perry Mason the program went  25-30 (?) rounds later.

Users who are viewing this thread