What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joshua Kelley, LAC RB (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Smokin'

Footballguy
Searched for Joshua Kelley and Justin Jackson and got no lead threads.

With Ekeler out for a period of time these two names come to the front. Sounds like most liked how Justin rushed over Joshua in their one game out before the bye.

What happens from here on out? I see Justin rated higher this week, but Joshua rated higher for the ROS. Is that because Joshua compliments a return of Ekeler better then Justin? Just seeing what might come out of the LAC backfield so I can strategize moving forward. Throw into the mix Ekeler's injury could linger longer then previous thought.

Searched for Joshua Kelley and Justin Jackson and got no lead threads.

With Ekeler out for a period of time these two names come to the front. Sounds like most liked how Justin rushed over Joshua in their one game out before the bye.

What happens from here on out? I see Justin rated higher this week, but Joshua rated higher for the ROS. Is that because Joshua compliments a return of Ekeler better then Justin? Just seeing what might come out of the LAC backfield so I can strategize moving forward. Throw into the mix Ekeler's injury could linger longer then previous thought.
To be fair to you. I’ve found the search feature lately not working very well.  Searching Justin Jackson in titles only gives me about 10-20 threads before I find the Justin Jackson thread.

I don’t think the search likes two words... or I’m doing it wrong.

Do we think Kelley is used more this year as Kellen Moore used two backs in Dallas? Or do we think Kelley is not good enough to be used that way? He did look good in pre-season

that is the million-dollar question.
Do we think Kelley is used more this year as Kellen Moore used two backs in Dallas? Or do we think Kelley is not good enough to be used that way? He did look good in pre-season

Joshua Kelley had 16 rushes for 91 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers’ Week 1 loss against the Dolphins.

Kelley’s 16 carries equaled Austin Ekeler’s rushing workload, and he saw a green zone rush that he converted into a touchdown. Isaiah Spiller being a healthy scratch means Kelley is the clear No. 2 back behind Ekeler this season. He should be rostered as a bench stash in 12-team leagues in case Ekeler gets dinged up during the regular season.

- Rotoworld

I think we got the answer to that question! The frantic game pace led to likely more carries than usual for Kelly but there is enough in this O for ekeler to be top 5 and Kelley to also be relevant most weeks

I think we got the answer to that question! The frantic game pace led to likely more carries than usual for Kelly but there is enough in this O for ekeler to be top 5 and Kelley to also be relevant most weeks
My gut says that will probably be Kelley's best game of the season. But I think he's at least a solid handcuff now.

My gut says that will probably be Kelley's best game of the season. But I think he's at least a solid handcuff now.
I think the fact that they both had 16 carries is very telling in a close game that they ended up losing. It means Kellen Moore wants to use a 2-back system just like he did in Dallas with Elliot/Pollard. He has said that from day 1. Kelley was one of those guys I couldn't figure out why no one was talking about him. He looked great in pre-season. I doubted myself and now I have to spend money to get him.

I think he is the Ezekiel Elliot role in Kellen Moore's offense, and will get goal line looks as well as some between the tackles stuff.

IMO he is a good flex play the rest of the way with upside if Ekeler gets hurt. This is what makes him a must add beause he has standalone value in a good offense, and becomes a top 12 guy if Ekeler were to miss any time.

I agree. Let's see what happens when LAC play a much better run defense.
That said, Kelley is a must have handcuff to Ekeler if you have the space. Note that Ekeler did get a little nicked up in the 3rd quarter. Kelley looked pretty good.

I agree. Let's see what happens when LAC play a much better run defense.
That said, Kelley is a must have handcuff to Ekeler if you have the space. Note that Ekeler did get a little nicked up in the 3rd quarter. Kelley looked pretty good.
I think part of the gameplan was to try and keep Miami's offense of the field. Didn't really work, but it was probably a sound idea. I doubt the Chargers are this run heavy most games. I think Ekeler seeing 15 or so carries and Kelley seeing maybe 7-8 is a reasonable expectation.

I think the fact that they both had 16 carries is very telling in a close game that they ended up losing. It means Kellen Moore wants to use a 2-back system just like he did in Dallas with Elliot/Pollard. He has said that from day 1. Kelley was one of those guys I couldn't figure out why no one was talking about him. He looked great in pre-season. I doubted myself and now I have to spend money to get him.

I think he is the Ezekiel Elliot role in Kellen Moore's offense, and will get goal line looks as well as some between the tackles stuff.

IMO he is a good flex play the rest of the way with upside if Ekeler gets hurt. This is what makes him a must add beause he has standalone value in a good offense, and becomes a top 12 guy if Ekeler were to miss any time.
There is no way that Ekeler can handle that load. I think this was more gameplanning given how fast MIA plays. LA wanted to slow down the pace. And Ekeler was nicked up in the 2nd half even though he returned. Kelley got the TD during the time that Ekeler was sidelined. It's pretty clear Ekeler is the goal line back.

Good handcuff....absolutely. But standalone flex play value? Not on board with that yet.

What percentage is everyone spending of their FAAB to get him ?
I'm putting 10% because my RB strategy of Swift, Pierce, Mostert is not going to get it done. If Kelley can give me flex value until Kamara and JT return, so be it.
I am going to guess it will take more than 10% if you really want him. I am guessing someone will be in the 30-40 range.
Probably. And at that price, I'm ok missing out. Let someone else blow their wad then.

I'm putting 10% because my RB strategy of Swift, Pierce, Mostert is not going to get it done. If Kelley can give me flex value until Kamara and JT return, so be it.
I am going to guess it will take more than 10% if you really want him. I am guessing someone will be in the 30-40 range.
I can’t imagine ever playing Kelley. Without an Exeler injury he is fool’s gold.

ETA was Exeler injured? What was it?

I just saw the injury news. I'm guessing AE's ankle isn't too bad. He'll rest/rehab most of the week and be ready to roll W2. Early season injuries are never fun for owners ROS.

I can’t imagine ever playing Kelley. Without an Exeler injury he is fool’s gold.
*I can't imagine ever playing Kelley W2 when owner's benches are flush without an injury to Ekeler

I fixed that for you :wink:

*I can't imagine ever playing Kelley W2 when owner's benches are flush without an injury to Ekeler

what does that even mean?

It's W2. No one should be desperate enough to Flex Kelley. That changes later in the season when there are more injuries.

It's W2. No one should be desperate enough to Flex Kelley. That changes later in the season when there are more injuries.

Yea he is a must add for me, but I play in leagues where we have 16 and 18 roster spots with IR as well. There is not much out there to choose from. He is extremely valuable with that kind of potential

What about the guy who went zero RB and drafted Dobbins? Kelley was platooning before the Eckler ankle issue. And, he’s an easy flex play this week. At worst.

There is no way that Ekeler can handle that load. I think this was more gameplanning given how fast MIA plays. LA wanted to slow down the pace. And Ekeler was nicked up in the 2nd half even though he returned. Kelley got the TD during the time that Ekeler was sidelined. It's pretty clear Ekeler is the goal line back.

Good handcuff....absolutely. But standalone flex play value? Not on board with that yet.
I get this take. But they seemed pretty committed to using two backs. And Kelley looked good. I think he had flex play value. Especially when bye weeks start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread