What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (5 Viewers)

190.8 or 12 - Rick Wakeman - The Battle  (I ❤️ Prog)

Teenage Eephus was a huge Rick Wakeman fan. Part of it was that synths were new and cool. Some was because that was what my friends were listening him too.  But it also coincided with my first pair of headphones: some big brown Koss cans that looked huge on my still developing head.

The stereo effects in Prog were unlike anything I'd ever heard before and started me down a lifetime of private listening. I got some new headphones today and listened to a bunch of of Wakeman.  The records seem pompous today with their literary pretensions and overblown orchestral and choral arrangements . But hearing a synth sound oscillate between my left and right ears still brings a smile to my face.

It's over ten minutes but that's padded by narration.
I am totally getting Stonehenge (the song) vibes from the opening narration. 

Ohhhh, haven't had those in eons, but they are really good.  My dinner tonight was a fake-meat Italian sausage on a slice of rye bread.  The opposite of sucking on a chili dog.  :(  
How was the falsage sandwich?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not good at all.  This was the "Lifelight" brand that was subbed in for "Beyond Meat" without my authorization.  Do not recommend.  The Beyond Meat ones are great, though.  Spicy.
I'll have to try the Beyond Meat ones. My oldest nephew is a pescatarian, and I try out things and report to him if I like them or not. He decided at 8 years old after watching some documentary on farm animals that he would no longer eat meats. He didn't want to eat fish/seafood either, but my sister kinda made him. He is 22 now, and is still a pescatarian. 

Been awhile but those were my go to in HS. Especially with some Fritos Bean Dip.
I get in the mood for them every now and then. They leave an aftertaste, but about twice a year I'll get a bag and kill it. I'm a saltaholic. I've never really had a sweet tooth, but occasionally I'll be in the mood for something deserty, but I love salty things.

I'll have to try the Beyond Meat ones. My oldest nephew is a pescatarian, and I try out things and report to him if I like them or not. He decided at 8 years old after watching some documentary on farm animals that he would no longer eat meats. He didn't want to eat fish/seafood either, but my sister kinda made him. He is 22 now, and is still a pescatarian. 
Good for him. I wish I could do the same 

Beyond Meat bratwurst and Italian sausage are great.  Don’t recommend the “beef” crumbles, which I tried to use in tacos but had a bad consistency.

Rub You the Right Way by Johnny Gill just came up on Soultown. This song is from 1990? Anyone know is this was supposed to be a different playlist?

Rub You the Right Way by Johnny Gill just came up on Soultown. This song is from 1990? Anyone know is this was supposed to be a different playlist?
I don't know, but if you think it fits better in a different one move it on over.

I don't know, but if you think it fits better in a different one move it on over.
It just sticks out in the Soultown because it is 20 years later than anything else I have heard so far, but I will hear the whole thing out first. Maybe my shuffle is just hitting earlier songs first. I love the Gill song.  

Oh I do want to watch that at some point. My wife and I planned on all our hanging out and movies early today. She has a Zoom cocktail thing with her sister in Chicago and mom in Cancun tonight so it's music, boxing, beverages and the message board for me tonight. 
I’m watching now and disappointed so far.

Users who are viewing this thread