What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (6 Viewers)

I figured RW would be throwing in a Maiden pick.  #### Anthrax - Maiden needs to be in that mix of the big 4 (I get it, people were talking about speed/thrash metal, and that's not what Maiden was).   I will take something by metal's red headed step child.  

KP'S BONEYARD

219.XX:  MEGADETH - HOLY WARS..... THE PUNISHMENT DUE

Link

I was talking about the solos, and just love what they did with this song, with the speed and tone changes building up to that 40 sec solo starting around the 5min mark.    :headbang:  
The Big 4 were the leaders of the wave of mostly American metal bands that came after the New Wave of British Heavy Metal that kicked open the door for metal bands. Maiden,Def Leppard and Saxon were the leaders of this group.  

I never got into Anthrax much either but have seen them a couple times as an opening band.

Round 219.xx

Category: KP's Boneyard

Song:  Chromatic Death

Artist: S.O.D. (Stormtroopers Of Death)

Charlie Benante and Scott Ian's side project along with Billy Milano on vocals (not really on this one) became the soundtrack to young rock's every Saturday night at around twelve P.M. EST on Headbanger's Ball. This song lives in the hearts of many.

Chro. Matic. Death. Uh. Argh.

Rolling Stones Channel - 4 songs, 15 minutes  :(

curb-stomped by the Kinks and The Who.
Heh. Personally, I figured I'd leave the Stones to the experts. You saw my work in your thread. I barely knew my ### from my elbow in there. :D

I know the early/mid Who much better than I know the other bands. I have a few Stones songs up my sleeve the more I thought about it. From particular movies, actually.

The Big 4 were the leaders of the wave of mostly American metal bands that came after the New Wave of British Heavy Metal that kicked open the door for metal bands. Maiden,Def Leppard and Saxon were the leaders of this group.  

I never got into Anthrax much either but have seen them a couple times as an opening band.
Big Four were mainly the late '80s/early '90s American thrash acts, yeah. I saw the Clash Of The Titans tour in L.A. with most of the big four when I was visiting my brother in '91 long before I moved out here. Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and [redacted] were on the bill, later substituted for by my likely next pick, also redacted.

There was no Metallica. They were way too big for to split an arena bill like that. Great show, though.

Big Four were mainly the late '80s/early '90s American thrash acts, yeah. I saw the Clash Of The Titans tour in L.A. with most of the big four when I was visiting my brother in '91 long before I moved out here. Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and [redacted] were on the bill, later substituted for by my likely next pick, also redacted.

There was no Metallica. They were way too big for to split an arena bill like that. Great show, though.
Trying figure out the other one.   I have a guess of a couple bands, but not sure.  

My mom's buddy that has Covid has been sedated and put on a ventilator now. 😢 Mom talked to her briefly three days ago, and her friend, Pat, told her she couldn't breathe. Mom told her to not use up her energy, and to text her to talk. Anyway, mom talked to her husband today, and he said the Dr told him no news is good news right now. Her body is in deep trouble. I pray she makes it.  🙏   With things opening up again, I hope people still wear their masks, social distance, etc. A lot of people out there still don't have their vaccine. I don't. Pat was supposed to get her first shot the day she tested positive, but they didn't give it to her, and she was sent to the hospital instead cause her oxygen level was so low. I hope this has one of those miraculous good endings. 

219.8 or 12 - Little Eva - The Loco-Motion  (60s on 6)

Two of my musical loves are dance crazes and songs about trains. I've somehow managed to pass these along to my daughter who chose this song after learning "Wake Me Up When September Ends" had already been drafted. She was bummed because American Idiot was the first album she bought with her own money.

She's loved "The Loco-Motion" since a cover version appeared on one of her favorite kids videotapes. I remember her singing along and having to correct her when she would pronounce it as "Lo-co-mo-####".

who chose this song after learning "Wake Me Up When September Ends" had already been drafted. She was bummed because American Idiot was the first album she bought with her own money.
Bummer. Tell Daughter Eephus I'm sorry but that the end of the generation before hers didn't quite rock long enough and that was the only choice left.

Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began
Wake me up when September ends

My mom's buddy that has Covid has been sedated and put on a ventilator now. 😢 Mom talked to her briefly three days ago, and her friend, Pat, told her she couldn't breathe. Mom told her to not use up her energy, and to text her to talk. Anyway, mom talked to her husband today, and he said the Dr told him no news is good news right now. Her body is in deep trouble. I pray she makes it.  🙏   With things opening up again, I hope people still wear their masks, social distance, etc. A lot of people out there still don't have their vaccine. I don't. Pat was supposed to get her first shot the day she tested positive, but they didn't give it to her, and she was sent to the hospital instead cause her oxygen level was so low. I hope this has one of those miraculous good endings. 
I am really sorry to hear this, simey. Thoughts, prayers, and wishes sent her way. Let's hope for the best.

I am really sorry to hear this, simey. Thoughts, prayers, and wishes sent her way. Let's hope for the best.
Her husband said he is scared to answer the phone now. He hasn't been able to visit Pat at the hospital, because she is in the Covid unit. His oldest son who lives in another state has been keeping updated a lot. He went to high school with the head of the hospital, and he has been filling him in on a lot of things when he can. My mom is going to be so crushed if she loses her. Mom is a prayer person, so she has been praying a bunch. I guess that is her source of comfort right now.

Two of my musical loves are dance crazes and songs about trains.
I didn't realize you were a train song person. 🚂  Off the top of my head, I can think of a few I've drafted so far regarding trains with Driver 8, City of New Orleans, Slow Train, Midnight Train to Georgia, and Railroad Lady. I guess Night Train too by Oscar, but it has no lyrics. Can't You See talks about taking a freight train southbound until the train runs out of tracks. I can't remember even half of the 200+ songs I've drafted. 

Damn, simey - sorry.  Positive thoughts your way.  

Round 219.xx

Song:  Chromatic Death

Artist: S.O.D. (Stormtroopers Of Death)

Charlie Benante and Scott Ian's side project along with Billy Milano on vocals (not really on this one) became the soundtrack to young rock's every Saturday night at around twelve P.M. EST on Headbanger's Ball. This song lives in the hearts of many.

Chro. Matic. Death. Uh. Argh.
:lol:  I forgot how short the songs from this album are.   Love the pick though.  

Can anyone remember without going back through 18 pages what the other categories are today?  Obv. KP's Boneyard and 60s.  Other two?

Late Sunday afternoon Dayton action. Same was last week, twelve contenders, only three advance via two knockout rounds.

• The Morning Zoo (Songs about animals)
  • The Untitled New Jack & Dave Early Afternoon Show (White, Grohl & their crew)
  • AARP Public Affairs Program (Songs recorded by artists older than 50)
  • Free Your Mind- psychedelic songs or stuff you listen to while drunk,high or tripping balls.
2d100, rolled 3 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 7, 72
Roll subtotal: 79
Roll total: 79

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 32, 77
Roll subtotal: 109
Roll total: 109

Roll set 3
Die rolls: 68, 47
Roll subtotal: 115
Roll total: 115

• Folk Yeah (Folk music)
  • Keyboard Warriors (Uber piano, organ, synth, celeste, harpsichord, accordian, etc.)
  • Bright Lights Big City (Songs about the urban life)
  • Saxy Time : Non-jazz songs prominently featuring the saxophone
2d100, rolled 3 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 26, 97
Roll subtotal: 123
Roll total: 123

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 26, 15
Roll subtotal: 41
Roll total: 41

Roll set 3
Die rolls: 4, 48
Roll subtotal: 52
Roll total: 52

• The Antipodes (Music from Australia & New Zealand)
  • Goin' Solo (Songs from solo artists known for being in bands)
  • Politico (Songs about politics and stories from the news)
  • NASA Mission Control (Songs about space, being spacy or taking up space)
2d100, rolled 3 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 61, 46
Roll subtotal: 107
Roll total: 107

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 3, 78
Roll subtotal: 81
Roll total: 81

Roll set 3
Die rolls: 40, 28
Roll subtotal: 68
Roll total: 68

The Untitled New Jack & Dave Early Afternoon Show (White, Grohl & their crew)
Bright Lights Big City (Songs about the urban life)
The Antipodes (Music from Australia & New Zealand)

Two new channels to replace 60s and 90s

1. Radio Free Bird (Southern Rock)
  2. The Untitled New Jack & Dave Early Afternoon Show (White, Grohl & their crew)
  3. WLUV & KSEX-FM (Slow Jams)
  4. How Bizarre (Weird and wonderful tracks)
  5. The Man in Black (Johnny Cash)
  6. Grrrrls Grrrls Grrrls (Women Who Rock)
  7. Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar (Rock Instrumentals)
  8. FFA-1 Storytellers (Story Songs)
  9. Rude Youth (Ska, Bluebeat, Rocksteady)
  10. Spring Forward (Songs about Spring)
  11. Concept Concept Channel (songs from concept albums)
  12. 150 Seconds with Matt Pinfield (Songs shorter than 2 min 30 sec)
  13. Geology 101 (Songs with Rock in the title or lyrics)
  14. The Antipodes (Music from Australia & New Zealand)
  15. Bright Lights Big City (Songs about the urban life)
2d15, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 14, 2
Roll subtotal: 16
Roll total: 16

The Antipodes (Music from Australia & New Zealand)

The Untitled New Jack & Dave Early Afternoon Show (White, Grohl & their crew)

220.k4  Blind Willie Johnson - John the Revelator  (Gospel Hour)
Tom Waits could pass as Blind Willie singing these days. 😃I saw an interview not that long ago with John Mellencamp (He will always be Cougar to me), and his voice has gotten more gravely from all the cigarette smoking, and he said he likes it better that way. I wonder if Tom feels the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Round 220.xx

Song: The Miracle

Artist: Suicidal Tendencies

Probably the best crossover band of the late '80s/early '90s (hardcore mixed with metal via thrash) this song is a microcosm of what made Suicidal great. Power chords, time signature changes, and fully emo lyrics a decade before emo was to really take off in the indie world. American Hardcore, the movie, spent a five minute segment on them and their importance to the underground metal scene and the shift from L.A. hardcore in the early eighties to thrash in the late eighties. Mike Muir with his Latino-influenced bandanas, shorts, and high socks and Rocky George with his pillbox Pirates hat circa '79 were a sight for their nearly all-white audiences on the road. So misunderstood as to be labeled a gang in Los Angeles and shut down from playing shows, Suicidal brought an unruly sound to an unruly skater hardcore/metal crowd.

KarmaPolice said:
Hmm.  I am probably wrong.   My guesses were Exodus or Testament - IMO the next tier of "big" thrash bands.  
Those two were also bands I considered picking later, but isn't the band I'm thinking about. I guess since we're naming them, I'll name them. It was Alice In Chains. They didn't have any problems with the crowd on stage, per se, because they were just so good, but they were different than the other bands there.

Elimination roll

1. Pop 2K (pop hits 2000-2009)
  2. PopRocks
  3. Heat/Fly/Shade
  4. Soul Town (Motown/classic soul)
  5. Springsteen Channel
  6. Elvis Channel
  7. Margaritaville
  8. Deep Tracks (classic rock)
  9. Willie's Roadhouse (classic country)
  10. Bluegrass Junction
  11. Real Jazz (classic jazz)
  12. SoulCycle (exercise jams) 4
  13. Outlaw Country - 4
  14. Globalization (worldwide hits) 4
1d14, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 6
Roll subtotal: 6
Roll total: 6

Elvis Channel - LAST CHANCE

Replacing Bluesville and Elvis

1. Radio Free Bird (Southern Rock)
  2. Bright Lights Big City (Songs about the urban life)
  3. WLUV & KSEX-FM (Slow Jams)
  4. How Bizarre (Weird and wonderful tracks)
  5. The Man in Black (Johnny Cash)
  6. Grrrrls Grrrls Grrrls (Women Who Rock)
  7. Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar (Rock Instrumentals)
  8. FFA-1 Storytellers (Story Songs)
  9. Rude Youth (Ska, Bluebeat, Rocksteady)
  10. Spring Forward (Songs about Spring)
  11. Concept Concept Channel (songs from concept albums)
  12. 150 Seconds with Matt Pinfield (Songs shorter than 2 min 30 sec)
  13. Geology 101 (Songs with Rock in the title or lyrics)
2d13, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 11, 10
Roll subtotal: 21
Roll total: 21
Spring Forward (Songs about Spring)

Concept Concept Channel (songs from concept albums)

Users who are viewing this thread