What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (2 Viewers)

Eephuses:  have you watched last week’s Top Chef yet?  I haven’t seen this week but we still need to cover the last one.
We had to catch up on Last Chance Kitchen because the winner re-enters the competition this week. Four of those were like an episode and ditkaburgers' neck is still messed up.

I like the camaraderie of Last Chance Kitchen and the more Colicchio the better as far as I'm concerned.

370.8 or 12 - Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well  (Radio Alpha)

TTD was shot from a cannon on his debut. This song reached the top of the main US chart and the album hit #4. He had huge talent but a bigger ego and a spectacularly poor career instincts.

This whole album is still slamming and his first four albums all have great moments. When the Alpha and Omega planets aligned recently, I listened to the latest album by the now Sananda Maitreya which came out in March.  It's a lot more interesting than good. Thankfully it's not a three hour marathon like his previous studio release from 2017.

We had to catch up on Last Chance Kitchen because the winner re-enters the competition this week. Four of those were like an episode and ditkaburgers' neck is still messed up.

I like the camaraderie of Last Chance Kitchen and the more Colicchio the better as far as I'm concerned.
Oh, I haven’t watched LCK.  I’ll be eager to see who re-enters.  So what did you think of last week?

TTD was shot from a cannon on his debut. This song reached the top of the main US chart and the album hit #4. He had huge talent but a bigger ego and a spectacularly poor career instincts.

This whole album is still slamming and his first four albums all have great moments. When the Alpha and Omega planets aligned recently, I listened to the latest album by the now Sananda Maitreya which came out in March.  It's a lot more interesting than good. Thankfully it's not a three hour marathon like his previous studio release from 2017.
Love love love.  I wore this one out when it came out.  Such a talent.

I never watch Last Chance Kitchen. I find it annoying you have to go on their website to see it. Maybe that makes me old? Speaking of being old, I saw an internet website refer to people born between 80 and 85 as "geriatric millennials". Since I was born on the border of millennial and Gen Z, I always chose to identify as a millennial. However, I am now identifying as a "juvenile Gen Zer."

Last edited by a moderator:
I never watch Last Chance Kitchen. I find it annoying you have to go on their website to see it. Maybe that makes me old? Speaking of being old, I saw an internet website refer to people born between 80 and 85 as "geriatric millennials". Since I was born on the border of millennial and Gen Z, I always chose to identify as a millennial. However, I am now identifying as a "juvenile Gen Zer."
I just found this week that there is Generation Alpha, which is people born 2010 or later?  I discovered this when trying to figure out what gen my cats were in.   :bag:   

I just found this week that there is Generation Alpha, which is people born 2010 or later?  I discovered this when trying to figure out what gen my cats were in.   :bag:   
Oh I guess I will be teaching Gen Alpha kids in a couple years. Based on your cat, have you perceived any important generational characteristics for the alphas? 

My nephew graduates from college tomorrow, and I've spent the last few hours making two different types of tofu concoctions he likes. My sister is having a graduation party for him, though he didn't want one, and I'm doing most of the work.  <_<   Cole won't eat much for me tonight, but the night isn't over yet. I wish he didn't have food allergies, so I could put a buffet feast in front of him to eat.

Round 370

Take Me I'm Yours - Squeeze    (Radio Alpha)

Is there...theoretically...a way for someone to see all the categories by day?  If he/she wanted to catch up?  @Pip's Invitation?
You can infer things based on the spreadsheet but that wouldn't account for any categories that got shut out on a particular cycle. Odd numbered rounds = first round of a cycle, even numbered rounds = second round of a cycle. 

When Pitchfork first created the spreadsheet, he had all kinds of formatting in there, one of which was something that did indicate what got rolled each cycle, but he got rid of the formatting when he got banned so that anyone could fill the spreadsheet in. 

I’m posting while e-Mk4 cooks his own birthday dinner.  At least I did procure (via delivery) his bday dinner of soup dumplings and various accoutrements.
Happy Birthday to him. I remember last year you driving somewhere and getting a bunch of food for his bday that looked so good. I remember dumplings were involved, and they were huge. I think. It seems like it was an Asian type spread of food.

You can infer things based on the spreadsheet but that wouldn't account for any categories that got shut out on a particular cycle. Odd numbered rounds = first round of a cycle, even numbered rounds = second round of a cycle. 

When Pitchfork first created the spreadsheet, he had all kinds of formatting in there, one of which was something that did indicate what got rolled each cycle, but he got rid of the formatting when he got banned so that anyone could fill the spreadsheet in. 
Thanks.  I’d be willing to help this fictitious person work through.

Happy Birthday to him. I remember last year you driving somewhere and getting a bunch of food for bday that looked so good. I remember dumplings were involved, and they were huge. I think. It seems like it was an Asian type spread of food.
Your memory is amazing!!  I drove like 90 minutes each way last year to get him basically this same thing.   :)  

I had no idea he changed his name -- or put out any albums beyond the first one. 

Thanks.  I’d be willing to help this fictitious person work through.
Said person could also do what Mrs. Rannous does, which is throw out a song and category from a past day, and then I just find an appropriate place for it on the spreadsheet. 

Said person could also forget about rounds and just call everything bonus picks. 

I'll do one last chance roll for Saturday and four fresh fellows for Sunday

1. Summerpalooza (Not the League)
  2. Radio Free Bird (Southern Rock)
  3. Second Wave (90s Alternative)
  4. Radio Omega (Songs off final/most recent albums)
  5. Grrrrls Grrrls Grrrls (Women Who Rock)
  6. The Antipodes (Music from Australia & New Zealand)
  7. 1900s on 19 (Music from 1900-1949)
  8. The Noble Eightfold Path (Classic Punk before Nirvana)
  9. Free Stylin' (Pre-90 Hip Hop)
1d9, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 7
Roll subtotal: 7
Roll total: 7

1900s on 19 (Music from 1900-1949) - Last chance

Sunday

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 206, 915, 288, 815
Roll subtotal: 2224
Roll total: 2224
Harmonicalooza (songs featuring the harmonica)

Radio Omega (Songs off final/most recent albums)

Grrrrls Grrrls Grrrls (Women Who Rock)

Keyboard Warriors (Uber piano, organ, synth, celeste, harpsichord, accordian, etc.) - NEW

SAT
1900s on 19 (Music from 1900-1949) - Last chance
Aretha and Otis Show
This is the Beginning - songs with great intros - NEW
In My Room

SUN
Keyboard Warriors (Uber piano, organ, synth, celeste, harpsichord, accordian, etc.)
Harmonicalooza (songs featuring the harmonica)
Radio Omega (Songs off final/most recent albums)
Grrrrls Grrrls Grrrls (Women Who Rock)

Ok, let's fire up some bonus Stonehenge.   I don't THINK anything by this band has been taken.  I tried to look, but I didn't feel like sifting through the 150 matches for the band name in the spreadsheet..

STONEHENGE 

Bonus.kp:  BUFFALO - SUNRISE (COME MY WAY)

Link

IN ANCIENT TIMES...
HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEFORE THE DAWN OF HISTORY
LIVED A STRANGE RACE OF PEOPLE ... THE DRUIDS
AND NOW THEIR PLAYLIST IS RETIRING AND I'M GOING TO MAKE BONUS PICKS

Cat Fever -- Fanny

Cherry Bomb -- The Runaways

There is so much testosterone on this playlist that we should probably do a little to counteract it.

Easy Livin' -- Uriah Heep

Footstompin' Music -- Grand Funk Railroad

Neither of these bands were critical darlings, but it's hard to have a '70s hard rock playlist without them. Grand Funk hadn't been drafted at all. 😲

I was thinking about this today.  Do y'all have updated top 5s of best playlists from this GP experiment?    I was trying to think of favorites for the 2 types of channels - one with a flow/theme (Autumn Leaves) , and the more random ones (RR HOF).  

So anyway, since no response...

Happy to see Gabriel and Nelson go on that episode.  Gabriel seems like a very good chef but kind of limited, and also kind of a jerk.  Nelson seemed waaay over his head here.  But really, does anyone know if he had a knee problem?  Seriously, 3-4 episodes of his talking about his knee were plenty FFS.

That smelt and rabbit stuff was for ####### die for.  Crazy.

Unless I am doing it wrong, the one thing about the Spotify update that drives me bonkers is that I can't sort the playlists by artists anymore b/c they are buried under the song titles.  

So anyway, since no response...

Happy to see Gabriel and Nelson go on that episode.  Gabriel seems like a very good chef but kind of limited, and also kind of a jerk.  Nelson seemed waaay over his head here.  But seriously, does anyone know if he had a knee problem?  Seriously, 3-4 episodes of his talking about his knee were plenty FFS.

That smelt and rabbit stuff was for ####### die for.  Crazy.
Nelson is from the Bay so I was rooting for him but I don't remember him near the top in either QF or regular challenges.  Double elimination is always difficult but with only one dish, it's impossible to separate the team.  The editors tried to make Gabriel into a villain but he'll always be Mr. Cauliflower Tots to me.

I've only eaten fried smelt and its been so long that I don't remember the exact taste. But I like other little fish.

Users who are viewing this thread