What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (4 Viewers)

I have listened to more Neil Young the last 6 months than I ever have. I can't say he is totally winning me over, but I seem to like everything he does. He does not often blow me away but I am never unsatisfied either. The consistency is really impressive. 
Yeah, he was really good for a long time. Obviously I have more songs in the "blown away" category.

I will say to tread lightly after 2000. He got way less consistent after that. A lot of people attribute that to the death of his longtime producer David Briggs in 1995. Briggs was the only person who Neil would listen to if told he had a bad idea. Now he has no one to "edit" him.  

Yeah, he was really good for a long time. Obviously I have more songs in the "blown away" category.

I will say to tread lightly after 2000. He got way less consistent after that. A lot of people attribute that to the death of his longtime producer David Briggs in 1995. Briggs was the only person who Neil would listen to if told he had a bad idea. Now he has no one to "edit" him.  
He really knows how to write and record a song, damn 

He really knows how to write and record a song, damn 
And, except for in the '80s when the music industry forced everybody into the same boxes, he was able to do so without bowing to the trends of the time. When I do these yearly countdowns following Tim and Bracie, it amazes me how little Neil's stuff in any given year resembles what the dominant sounds were at the time. He just did what he wanted to do, with some editing from Briggs. Now, it helped that his status with CSNY afforded him the kind of artistic freedom that few musicians ever get. It's kind of been forgotten but CSNY was a HUGE deal in the early '70s and everyone in the industry fawned over them. They could have approached Beatles status if they'd been able to keep their #### together. 

And, except for in the '80s when the music industry forced everybody into the same boxes, he was able to do so without bowing to the trends of the time. When I do these yearly countdowns following Tim and Bracie, it amazes me how little Neil's stuff in any given year resembles what the dominant sounds were at the time. He just did what he wanted to do, with some editing from Briggs. Now, it helped that his status with CSNY afforded him the kind of artistic freedom that few musicians ever get. It's kind of been forgotten but CSNY was a HUGE deal in the early '70s and everyone in the industry fawned over them. They could have approached Beatles status if they'd been able to keep their #### together. 
Narrator: But they were not able to keep their #### together

Thankfully it's just regular rolls for the weekend

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 419, 309, 669, 533
Roll subtotal: 1930
Roll total: 1930

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 488, 20, 255, 66
Roll subtotal: 829
Roll total: 829
SATURDAY
Didn't We Do a Draft About This? (songs about Food) - NEW
Rude Youth (Ska, Bluebeat, Rocksteady) 5th roll
Mantra (music with a political/philosophical/spiritual/life message)
Songs about Southern California - NEW

SUNDAY
Songs from Movies (non-instrumental except for Shaft)
Piano Men (Billy, Joel, Elton and John)
Applausible Theory (Songs with clapping) - NEW
Horny Time (Non-jazz songs with Brass instruments)

Users who are viewing this thread