What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (6 Viewers)

LAST FREE YOUR MIND BEFORE IT'S FREED FROM OUR DRAFT

Paper Sun -- Traffic

Their debut single was a hell of an introduction. So very different from the Spencer Davis Group, but so strong. 

Interstellar Overdrive -- Pink Floyd

Floyd is already on here, but not with Syd. This song blew the minds of Swinging London. 

Armenia City in the Sky -- The Who

The opener to RA's favorite Who album is a torrent of trippiness. Written by their friend John "Speedy" Keen; Pete Townshend returned the favor a couple of years later by putting together and producing the band Thunderclap Newman with Keen on drums and vocals. 

Section 43 -- Country Joe and the Fish

Textbook example of that groovy San Francisco sound, man. 

They haven't been drafted yet. 😲 Isn't the son of one of their members on this board?

Feels Like We Only Go Backwards -- Tame Impala

One of the better efforts by a modern band to update the Sgt. Pepper sound. 

Black Sun Morning -- Screaming Trees

Psychedelic guitar sounds can be found throughout their catalog, but this one sounds like it really could have come from a band in the hippie era. 

Sky Pilot -- Eric Burdon & The Animals

Burdon jumped on the psychedelic train as soon as he could, and stayed on until he forgot where he was. This was one of the more interesting stops. 

The Waiting Room -- Genesis

Definitely the freakiest thing Phil Collins was ever a part of.  

Light My Fire -- The Doors

Yeah, I'm going there. So impactful that even the AM stations started playing the long version so they could hold their audience for four extra minutes. 

I just trapped a cat that appeared at the colony a few days ago. I missed some of the Olympics. 😟 I believe this cat is a dumpoff.  It is scared to death of me, but it tried to smell my fingers through the trap. I don't think it is feral. I will get it fixed tomorrow if it needs it. It will get an ear tip, and vaccinated whether it is fixed or not. It looks to be a teenager. I hope it makes friends with a man (Jerry) that feeds a couple of the cats while he works on his RV's at a small storage unit a couple buildings down. I think he is out of town right now, because his fishing boat is gone. I saw the cat over in his area tonight, so it knows he puts food down.  New kid in town  I don't want another cat out there, especially a youngster. One cat dies, a new one appears. I do hope it befriends Jerry when it decides to trust humans again.

Friday Last Chance

1. Moar Cowbell
  2. Stripped -- acoustic songs from electric/electronic artists
  3. Bright Lights Big City (Songs about the urban life)
  4. NASA Mission Control (Songs about space, being spacy or taking up space)
  5. This is the End -- songs with great endings, codas, etc.
  6. Beat It (Great drums and/or percussion parts)
  7. Sports Ticker (Songs about sports and athletes)
Roll set 1
Die rolls: 2
Roll subtotal: 2
Roll total: 2

Stripped -- acoustic songs from electric/electronic artists - LAST CHANCE

Small dice for Friday regulars

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 85, 110, 258
Roll subtotal: 453
Roll total: 453
Sports Ticker (Songs about sports and athletes)

Art Rock, Post Rock, Kraut Rock and Radiohead

Zero to Sixty in 375* Rounds (songs with numbers in them) - 5th roll

LAST FREE YOUR MIND BEFORE IT'S FREED FROM OUR DRAFT

Paper Sun -- Traffic

Their debut single was a hell of an introduction. So very different from the Spencer Davis Group, but so strong. 

Interstellar Overdrive -- Pink Floyd

Floyd is already on here, but not with Syd. This song blew the minds of Swinging London. 

Armenia City in the Sky -- The Who

The opener to RA's favorite Who album is a torrent of trippiness. Written by their friend John "Speedy" Keen; Pete Townshend returned the favor a couple of years later by putting together and producing the band Thunderclap Newman with Keen on drums and vocals. 

Section 43 -- Country Joe and the Fish

Textbook example of that groovy San Francisco sound, man. 

They haven't been drafted yet. 😲 Isn't the son of one of their members on this board?

Feels Like We Only Go Backwards -- Tame Impala

One of the better efforts by a modern band to update the Sgt. Pepper sound. 

Black Sun Morning -- Screaming Trees

Psychedelic guitar sounds can be found throughout their catalog, but this one sounds like it really could have come from a band in the hippie era. 

Sky Pilot -- Eric Burdon & The Animals

Burdon jumped on the psychedelic train as soon as he could, and stayed on until he forgot where he was. This was one of the more interesting stops. 

The Waiting Room -- Genesis

Definitely the freakiest thing Phil Collins was ever a part of.  

Light My Fire -- The Doors

Yeah, I'm going there. So impactful that even the AM stations started playing the long version so they could hold their audience for four extra minutes. 
@Raging weasel or whoever: Please don't forget to add these to the playlist. I can't do it because I don't have the app. 

Saturday Last Chance

1. Moar Cowbell
  2. Bright Lights Big City (Songs about the urban life)
  3. NASA Mission Control (Songs about space, being spacy or taking up space)
  4. This is the End -- songs with great endings, codas, etc.
  5. Beat It (Great drums and/or percussion parts)
  6. Sports Ticker (Songs about sports and athletes)
Roll set 1
Die rolls: 6
Roll subtotal: 6
Roll total: 6

Sports Ticker (Songs about sports and athletes) - LAST CHANCE

Weekend Regulars

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 869, 21, 336
Roll subtotal: 1226
Roll total: 1226

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 488, 750, 601, 735
Roll subtotal: 2574
Roll total: 2574

SAT
Sports Ticker (Songs about sports and athletes) - LAST CHANCE
Motor City (Detroit or other parts of Michigan - need to decide whether songs about or artists from - NEW
Bring In 'Da Funk (Funky songs duh)
Segue Way (songs that flow together including medleys)

SUN
Illegal Noir Pulp- songs about crimes, jail, etc..
Public Transit (Songs about planes, trains, buses, boats, etc. No cars though) - NEW
Illiterature (Songs about books, authors and literary characters) -5th roll
The Jose, Jim & Johnnie Show: Songs about alcohol and drinking - 5th roll

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread