What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (2 Viewers)

THE HEAT

41.YM - Rockstar - DaBaby ft Roddy Ricch

Another song title with multiple artists (although only one word).  I like this song but will probably be sick of it in a month or two. 

Round 41.xx

Category: Lithium

Song: Sliver

Band: Nirvana

Always thought the lyrics were sweet until Kurt Cobain, well...you know the rest. This is Nirvana at its purest as far as Cobain as songwriter, IMHO. Childlike with a sense of terror about the world.

Grandma take me home...

I've linked to the single version because Grohl's drumming on Incesticide just thumps along at 4/4 with no regard for tone or what's around it. Have I ever mentioned despite his coolness how down I am on Dave Grohl as drummer, songwriter, etc.? But he saved Cobain's estate from Courtney Love, or was at least able to appeal to her better senses, so there's always that to be considered. Oy. Enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
41.8 or 12 - Burro Banton - Boomwadis (The Joint)

In the late 80s, the sound of Kingston evolved from Reggae to Dancehall and Ragga with its faster beats and Hip Hop influences.  It's a tougher listen for non-Jamaican audiences because the rapid fire patois and slang is mostly undecipherable.  But this jam with Burro Banton growling on and on about himself has been a favorite of mine for a long time.

Round 42.xx

Category: Lithium

Song: Broken Hands

Artist: Mudhoney

Drafted it before, I think, but we've got a whole new set of people with us. Pip, if you know the end to "Cinnamon Girl," you know the beginning to this one. I didn't until someone pointed it out to me.
I'll have to listen for that. I have some Mudhoney records but I haven't listened to them in forever. 

I never was very good at rolling.  I'm sure I have some papers around here somewhere but it's been a very long time.

Maybe that can be my new shelter-in-place project
Same, I was a latecomer to marijuana, so someone else had always already rolled them. Now, I can just go buy pre rolls. I think there's probably some beauty to growing, drying, rolling all your own stuff but it seems like a lot of work now that everything is so easily accessible. 

I have my smaller dog beside me here, like I do basically every night. She is just the best. Monday was the 1 year anniversary of the day we got her ("gotcha day") and the day we dubbed her birthday, so she's 2 now. Born on the streets in Mexico and spent her first year there and in a shelter, we got her from the Golden Retreiver Rescue organization we volunteer for and sure, there's some Golden in her, maybe. 

But she is just the cuddliest, lovingest, always by your side little girl you could ever want. And we took the loss of our other girl extremely hard. We have our other big guy too and he is awesome and my guy but he also likes to do his own thing. He's not going to spend the night beside me on the couch and/or bringing me assorted stuff toys for hours on end. 

Anyway, dogs are just the best. Obligatory pic.

I have my smaller dog beside me here, like I do basically every night. She is just the best. Monday was the 1 year anniversary of the day we got her ("gotcha day") and the day we dubbed her birthday, so she's 2 now. Born on the streets in Mexico and spent her first year there and in a shelter, we got her from the Golden Retreiver Rescue organization we volunteer for and sure, there's some Golden in her, maybe. 

But she is just the cuddliest, lovingest, always by your side little girl you could ever want. And we took the loss of our other girl extremely hard. We have our other big guy too and he is awesome and my guy but he also likes to do his own thing. He's not going to spend the night beside me on the couch and/or bringing me assorted stuff toys for hours on end. 

Anyway, dogs are just the best. Obligatory pic.
She looks like lots of Golden.  Beautiful girl.  I love her nose.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks like lots of Golden.  Beautiful girl.  I love her nose.
Yeah, she's lots of Golden I'm sure. It's hard to tell from the picks but she has yellow eyes, and spots on her paws and other random spots, and she's way too small, but she's also absolutely perfect :wub:

One more pic. These are both fairly recent of her as a 1.5-2 year old. She kind of has a permanent puppy look.

Yeah, she's lots of Golden I'm sure. It's hard to tell from the picks but she has yellow eyes, and spots on her paws and other random spots, and she's way too small, but she's also absolutely perfect :wub:

One more pic. These are both fairly recent of her as a 1.5-2 year old. She kind of has a permanent puppy look.
Oh yeah, in the other pic she looked larger, but in this you can tell she's the perfect medium-sized perfect dog perfection.  What's her name?

Users who are viewing this thread